Author Topic: Image posting on kboards forum  (Read 1032 times)  

Offline kbamazonian

• View Profile
Image posting on kboards forum
« on: November 30, 2016, 07:22:15 am »
Hi

If I want to post the cover of my book in the forum, is that possible? There is no attachment sign or anything similar. Thanks

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
    • Not a moderator and haven't ben one for a year.
      • View Profile
    Re: Image posting on kboards forum
    « Reply #1 on: November 30, 2016, 09:33:18 am »
    You've got it in your signature, so you're halfway there. :)

To include a link to Amazon in the body of the post, you can use the link maker found under both 'readers' and 'authors' in the menu bar. But please note that this is generally not allowed except in the book Bazaar which is the only place explicit promotion is allowed.

You can also link to any other image found on the web and it will be displayed if you use the image tags: [img] at the beginning and [/img] at the end of the URL address.

If you're typing something up in the quick response field, just click 'preview' and you'll see what it will look like and also a 'menu bar' of quick formatting/coding buttons. The image tags will be added if you highlight the relevant text and then click the second button from the left on the second row.
    My Kindles
    Hermoine's Handbag (Voyage)
    Ed's (Voyage Refurb)
    Bedtime Reading (Oasis 9)
    Godric's Hollow (Basic 7)
    My Tardis (PW 10)

Offline kbamazonian

• View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: November 30, 2016, 10:25:19 am »
    You've got it in your signature, so you're halfway there. :)

To include a link to Amazon in the body of the post, you can use the link maker found under both 'readers' and 'authors' in the menu bar. But please note that this is generally not allowed except in the book Bazaar which is the only place explicit promotion is allowed.

You can also link to any other image found on the web and it will be displayed if you use the image tags: [img] at the beginning and [/img] at the end of the URL address.

If you're typing something up in the quick response field, just click 'preview' and you'll see what it will look like and also a 'menu bar' of quick formatting/coding buttons. The image tags will be added if you highlight the relevant text and then click the second button from the left on the second row.
    Thanks
    Linking is fine, but what I can't figure out is for example, when people ask questions like which book cover do you prefer and they show a few different covers in the normal post. I have an image of my book cover in my documents and I'm supposed to send it to someone and it just doesn't work. [img]....[img] and in between comes link but my image doesn't have a link, it's just a picture, therefore I can't send it to anyone.

Offline Atunah

• South of Seasons
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: November 30, 2016, 10:29:13 am »
    You will have to host those pictures on one of the hosting sites. Imgur, photobucket, etc. Then you grab the link from there and put int in the image tag. Kboards cannot host your pics. Or if you have your own website, you can host them there.

So having in your documents doesn't work on this board. You'll have to put the pic somewhere else first.

Offline kbamazonian

• View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: November 30, 2016, 12:02:51 pm »
    You will have to host those pictures on one of the hosting sites. Imgur, photobucket, etc. Then you grab the link from there and put int in the image tag. Kboards cannot host your pics. Or if you have your own website, you can host them there.

So having in your documents doesn't work on this board. You'll have to put the pic somewhere else first.
    Thanks, it works now. Although in preview came out as an enormous picture, I hope the recipient will get it in a normal size.

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
    • Not a moderator and haven't ben one for a year.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: November 30, 2016, 12:50:17 pm »
    Thanks, it works now. Although in preview came out as an enormous picture, I hope the recipient will get it in a normal size.

If you're posting it here, you can use "height=100" or 150 or whatever you need to shrink it to a reasonable size.  So the beginning tag would be:

[img height=150]

The end tag doesn't change. That will let it display without being huge. You can use 'width=xxx" similarly.

I'm guessing you're sending this to someone via our PM system? The same method should work, in that case -- if you've not indicated a height or width size, they'll get it as ginormous. :o
    My Kindles
    Hermoine's Handbag (Voyage)
    Ed's (Voyage Refurb)
    Bedtime Reading (Oasis 9)
    Godric's Hollow (Basic 7)
    My Tardis (PW 10)

Offline kbamazonian

• View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: November 30, 2016, 01:19:09 pm »
    If you're posting it here, you can use "height=100" or 150 or whatever you need to shrink it to a reasonable size.  So the beginning tag would be:

[img height=150]

The end tag doesn't change. That will let it display without being huge. You can use 'width=xxx" similarly.

I'm guessing you're sending this to someone via our PM system? The same method should work, in that case -- if you've not indicated a height or width size, they'll get it as ginormous. :o
    Uh,it's too late now hihihi. Thanks, I'll send another with apologies...

KBoards.com

• Advertisement