Author Topic: Do you list your book on google books  (Read 473 times)  

Offline kbamazonian

• View Profile
Do you list your book on google books
« on: October 12, 2020, 12:18:56 am »
...and is it worth it?

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline unkownwriter

• View Profile
    Re: Do you list your book on google books
    « Reply #1 on: October 13, 2020, 08:28:18 am »
    Some people do fine on Google Play, others not so much. It's pretty much the same anywhere you go. All anyone can really tell you is to try it, see how it works for you.

I've tried it, couldn't get them to put the books up with a price and leave them alone. Never could figure out what happened, so I removed them. I'm going to try again, maybe there was something wrong with the older computer.

Offline chrisstevenson

• Los Angeles
    • Warrior Writer
      • View Profile
      • Christy's Young Adult Fabuliers
    « Reply #2 on: October 13, 2020, 01:09:16 pm »
    I never knew this existed. I think I'll Google Google Play and see what it's about. I had no idea about, or I glossed over it somehow.
    Guerrilla Warfare For Writers (special weapons and tactics)
    http://guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com/

Christy's Young Adult Fabuliers https://christysyoungadultimagineers.com/

Amazon Page: https://www.amazon.com/Chris-Harold-Stevenson/e/B001K8UUBK

Online alhawke

• View Profile
      • A.L. Hawke website
    « Reply #3 on: October 13, 2020, 05:41:20 pm »
    Yes. I don't sell as much on Google Play as the big three after Amazon (Kobo, Apple, B&N)  but, if you're wide, I can't imagine why you wouldn't want to add your ebooks there. Some people actually do quite well on Google Play.

I had to apply to be accepted. That's new. You have to contact them to be accepted into their retailer store.

A.L. Hawke | Author website | Goodreads | BookBub

Offline A past poster

• View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: October 13, 2020, 06:19:07 pm »
    If you put your books on Google Play, Google will put them on Google Books. They did this with my books and the detail pages are a mess--incorrect information, old covers, etc.

If you have your books on Google Play now, Google your author name and click on the Google Book URLs for your books to confirm that they are correct. 
    « Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 08:56:47 am by A past poster »

Offline aimeeeasterling

• View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: October 14, 2020, 06:06:53 am »
    Google is currently my third best-selling retailer (after Amazon and Nook). They do especially well for authors with permafrees.

Try Shifter Origins and Shifter Origins II for FREE!
    Aimee Easterling | Aimee Easterling - Author Page | Facebook Page

Offline GrandmaBirdie

• Pecking-On-Keyboard, Terra
    • Everyone is a reader with an opinion that matters.
      • View Profile
      • Free Resources for Writers and Poets
    « Reply #6 on: October 14, 2020, 09:48:38 am »
    I never knew this existed. I think I'll Google Google Play and see what it's about. I had no idea about, or I glossed over it somehow.

This is an email I received from Google Play yesterday:

Dear Partner,

We are making several important changes that benefit our publishing partners.

We are updating the Terms of Service applicable to Google Play Books (ToS) in several ways. The ToS are an agreement that contain important terms affecting your rights when publishing your ebooks on Google Play Books.
    • We're increasing your revenue split to 70% in 60+ countries as part of our continuing effort to improve your publisher experience. You will earn 70% of the list price on ebooks sold to customers in these 60+ countries regardless of the price of your ebook. You will continue to receive your current revenue split on sales in the remaining Google Play Books supported countries.
    • We will unilaterally follow the list price that you provide for an ebook on sales to customers in the United States and Canada. We reserve the right to discount if we see a lower price for the ebook available from another retailer.
    • We've updated the ToS to remove Google Asia Pacific Pte Limited, Google Commerce Limited, and Google Ireland Limited as parties to the ToS and we are adding a sublicense clause allowing Google LLC to sublicense to Google affiliates such as those mentioned above.
    Thank you for being part of the Google Play Books publishing community.

The Google Play Books Team
    « Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 11:51:48 am by GrandmaBirdie »

Online ImaWriter

• Canada
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: October 14, 2020, 10:57:40 am »
    If you put your books on Google Play, Google will put them on Google Books. They did this with my books and the detail pages are a mess--incorrect information, old covers, etc.

This. If you're books are in Google Play, they seem to get indexed in GB. And while mine don't have the issues mentioned above, it does seem that once you're there, you're there for good. I have books that I pulled from wide and put back into Select, but they are still listed in GB.

Offline A past poster

• View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: October 14, 2020, 03:33:45 pm »
    This. If you're books are in Google Play, they seem to get indexed in GB. And while mine don't have the issues mentioned above, it does seem that once you're there, you're there for good. I have books that I pulled from wide and put back into Select, but they are still listed in GB.
    Did you contact them to request that the books be removed or are you happy with them there?

KBoards.com

• Advertisement