Author Topic: Does anyone know what happened to SPRT #173 with Chris Fox?  (Read 1353 times)  

Offline Keith Soares

• Alexandria, VA
    • View Profile
    • Keith Soares author website
Does anyone know what happened to SPRT #173 with Chris Fox?
« on: December 22, 2016, 08:20:14 am »
I had saved the announcement for Self Publishing Roundtable's second-to-last episode, because it featured Chris Fox and ways to improve sales through leveraging Amazon's engine. I didn't have the available time to check it out until now, and lo and behold, just like the girl with the sun in her eyes, <Shatner voice>SHE'S GONE (gone) (gone)</Shatner voice>

Does anyone know what happened to it?

It was supposed to live at the following link, but there's just a lot of nothing there right now. All of the other episodes are still present, by my quick check.

http://selfpublishingroundtable.com/sprt-173-data-science-btches-with-chris-fox/

Searching their site for Chris Fox brings up some older podcasts, but not this one.

Thanks
K.

PS Perhaps Chris himself can see this and shed some light...

. .  
Keith Soares | Author Website | Goodreads | Facebook | Twitter

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Rachel E. Rice

• View Profile
      • Rachel E. Rice Writes All
    Re: Does anyone know what happened to SPRT #173 with Chris Fox?
    « Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 11:10:37 am »
    I listened to the final podcast and someone mentioned that Chris had to cancel. I can't remember the reason. I loved that show. So disappointed.

Check for more books by Rachel E. Rice and R.E. Rice
    Rachel E. Rice | blog | website

Offline lilywhite

• View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 01:23:13 pm »
    I'm sure at least some of what he was planning to talk about is covered in Six Figure Author. Grab a copy of that, would be my advice.

Offline Elizabeth Barone

• R.I.P. KBOARDS
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: December 22, 2016, 01:46:54 pm »
    Yeah, Chris Fox had flooding to deal with -- which was too bad because I was looking forward to him being on, and I loved SPRT in general. The last episode was bittersweet, but they had David Wright and Zoe York on with the regulars, which I thought was a nice way to go out. I'll be listening to Chrishaun's new show, because I adore her.

I'm kinda bummed they went off-air, but I imagine running a podcast is a lot of work. They mentioned their numbers were down, and some of them wanted to focus more on writing. With Rocking Self-Publishing now biweekly, I'm really glad The Creative Penn and Self Publishing Podcast are still weekly. When I tune in, I feel like I'm hanging out with author friends, so I really do look forward to all of them.

Does anyone know of others we should be listening to? I like Lindsay Buroker's sci-fi/fantasy writing podcast, but they only do episodes when they have time -- which is completely understandable.
    . . .

Offline Keith Soares

• Alexandria, VA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: December 22, 2016, 05:38:50 pm »
    Thanks - I hadn't made my way to the last ep yet, so I didn't hear about Chris's woes.

I second Elizabeth's call for any other worthy podcast options...

K.
    . .  

Offline batmansero

• View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: December 22, 2016, 06:55:00 pm »
    Thanks - I hadn't made my way to the last ep yet, so I didn't hear about Chris's woes.

Yeah we were really bummed to miss out on talking with Chris as well but as was already mentioned he was caught up in storms and was dealing with flooding. Grab his book and/or listen to Joanna Penn's interview with him here: http://www.thecreativepenn.com/2016/10/24/sell-books-with-data-science/ <-- also has the transcript.

A podcast is a lot of work but can be very fun and rewarding but we were seeing falling numbers and were struggling to keep up with finding relevant guests. So we felt it was time for us all to focus on our own projects and hopefully some of our audience will follow us to one or all of our projects in the new year. Listed below:

Chrishaun Keller-Hanna presents Mind da Gap, a podcast where we talk to freshman writers that are working hard to make their work as good as their ambitions. We will talk about the creatives that inspired, their trials in creating and the pitfalls and successes they didnt see coming. We take the craft seriously, but never ourselves, so I look forward to yall joining us at http://minddagap.com

Erica Conroy and Xavier Granville will launch Publishing Without Supervision on Monday 2 January 2017. Erica and X have decided to start their publishing journeys again by writing in new genres. They have decided to candidly share their journey, right from idea through to launch and marketing. Theyll do this by going back to basics and interview guestsones who know their [crap]while keeping the audience up-to-date on their exploits. As an added bonus at the end of each month Zoe York will join them to roundtable the latest industry news! http://pwspodcast.com

Robert Chazz Chute is launching a new book about stress management. Its called Do The Thing! The All That Chazz podcast, launching in the second week of January, will work through the book with listeners. The focus is doing better while having fun. Look for him at http://AllThatChazz.com

Offline Heather Hamilton-Senter

• View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: December 22, 2016, 08:11:01 pm »

Does anyone know of others we should be listening to? I like Lindsay Buroker's sci-fi/fantasy writing podcast, but they only do episodes when they have time -- which is completely understandable.

The Science Fiction and Fantasy Marketing Podcast is weekly, regular as clockwork. Maybe you were thinking of Lindsay's old podcast? I don't think she even maintains that anymore.

Heather Hamilton-Senter | Book Cover Artistry

Offline WestofCassy

• View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: December 23, 2016, 04:43:54 am »
    Chris has his own youtube page where you can get a lot of the info he would have given on the podcast. Also, you can pick up Six-Figure Author which is about using Data Science to sell your books. All of his books are worth the money, this one is no exception.

Cassandra Sky West | Facebook | Blog

Offline Chris Fox

• Mill Valley, CA
      • View Profile
      • Chris Fox Writes
    « Reply #8 on: December 23, 2016, 06:56:19 am »
    I'm pretty embarrassed about how this went down. I live just north of San Francisco, and we've been in a drought for years. We had a massive (but expected) storm which started flooding our backyard. Once the backyard gets full, it floods into the garage. I was running around moving things in the garage so they didn't get ruined if the garage flooded. In the end, the water didn't go in the garage so the crisis was averted. I came back in the house to a flurry of Facebook notifications, and only then realized I'd missed the interview. =/

Six Figure author is in KU and is a pretty quick read, but these three videos explain a lot of what's in the book. They're less focused and organized (since they came first), but you may find them useful.

Training Amazon to Sell Your Book.
    Identify Your Target Audience
    Build a Targeted Mailing List

The full channel is in my signature. I've got almost a hundred writing videos now =)

Offline Elizabeth Barone

• R.I.P. KBOARDS
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: December 23, 2016, 07:53:37 am »
    The Science Fiction and Fantasy Marketing Podcast is weekly, regular as clockwork. Maybe you were thinking of Lindsay's old podcast? I don't think she even maintains that anymore.

Oh my gosh, you're right! Somehow it got knocked out of my feed. I'm losing it, I tell you...
    . . .

Offline Elizabeth Barone

• R.I.P. KBOARDS
      • View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: December 23, 2016, 07:54:27 am »
    I'm pretty embarrassed about how this went down. I live just north of San Francisco, and we've been in a drought for years. We had a massive (but expected) storm which started flooding our backyard. Once the backyard gets full, it floods into the garage. I was running around moving things in the garage so they didn't get ruined if the garage flooded. In the end, the water didn't go in the garage so the crisis was averted. I came back in the house to a flurry of Facebook notifications, and only then realized I'd missed the interview. =/

Six Figure author is in KU and is a pretty quick read, but these three videos explain a lot of what's in the book. They're less focused and organized (since they came first), but you may find them useful.

Training Amazon to Sell Your Book.
    Identify Your Target Audience
    Build a Targeted Mailing List

The full channel is in my signature. I've got almost a hundred writing videos now =)

Nah, don't be! Stuff happens. I'm sorry you had to deal with that!
    . . .

Offline Keith Soares

• Alexandria, VA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: December 24, 2016, 08:43:06 am »
    Six Figure author is in KU and is a pretty quick read...

Just bought that book, Chris.

I had a relatable situation at my office some years back (my wife and I own the company, and the building is "historic" - that's said with some sarcasm). Suddenly, a basement level that was built to withstand up to 6 inches of water had 14 inches. To say it was a bad night is quite the understatement. I slept on a makeshift cot by the door, which had to stay wide open in a downtown area because it was the only way I could pump water out all night. I slept by the door to avoid being robbed blind while the door was open. An evening I'd like to forget...

K.
    . .  

KBoards.com

• Advertisement