Author Topic: Another Way to Grow Your Email List - NoiseTrade  (Read 1714 times)  

Offline RBC

• View Profile
    • RockingBookCovers.com
Another Way to Grow Your Email List - NoiseTrade
« on: December 27, 2016, 02:24:59 pm »
Hello!

I've recently found this website NoiseTrade.com which can be used to grow author email lists. It's a platform where you can upload a book and giveaway it in exchange for email address (or even a paid tip from people). It used to be music only site and now it's expanding into books too. I think it's a great idea and should be growing next year more and more.

Here is a good review of it (with Pros and Cons) and how author got over 400 emails from it:

http://www.sidehustlenation.com/noisetrade-review/

Check it out and try it out! If someone has experience with them, would be good to know.
RBC

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline jenminkman

• The Hague, the Netherlands
    • USAT bestselling author of YA fiction from Holland
      • View Profile
      • Dutch YA author Jen Minkman
    Re: Another Way to Grow Your Email List - NoiseTrade
    « Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 02:36:31 pm »
    They've had books on there for quite a while, actually. I put one up years ago (and even booked a promo with the Noisetrade peeps to give it more visibility) and did get a fair number of downloads, but the resulting emails weren't as high-quality as the ones from Instafreebie, for example. Low opening rate via Mailchimp. Still, won't hurt to try! Plus, it's free (or used to be when I put my novella on their site)! :D

Jen Minkman | author website | blog | facebook | twitter

Offline RBC

• View Profile
      • RockingBookCovers.com
    « Reply #2 on: December 27, 2016, 02:43:21 pm »
    They've had books on there for quite a while, actually. I put one up years ago (and even booked a promo with the Noisetrade peeps to give it more visibility) and did get a fair number of downloads, but the resulting emails weren't as high-quality as the ones from Instafreebie, for example. Low opening rate via Mailchimp. Still, won't hurt to try! Plus, it's free (or used to be when I put my novella on their site)! :D

I've known NoiseTrade for years but missed out on when they added books.. haha

And good to know. I definitely don't think this is a magic bullet but with email lists, every sign up counts. Even if you get 100 signs ups and only 10 are active, that still is very important and those 10 sales can influence rankings, or become street team, or more reviews etc. Everything is better than 0 with this!

Offline Elizabeth Barone

• R.I.P. KBOARDS
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: December 27, 2016, 03:00:29 pm »
    Worth a shot! Thanks.
    . . .

Offline Patty Jansen

• Sydney, Australia
    • Destroyer of Science Fiction
      • View Profile
      • Patty Jansen Author of SF and fantasy
    « Reply #4 on: December 27, 2016, 04:37:44 pm »
    A while ago, I paid for a NoiseTrade promotion. I got a good number of email addresses in return for freebie downloads, but OH MAN!! I've never had as many spam reports and unsubscribes, not even from giant poorly-targeted competition lists.

Offline Marseille, France or Bust

• View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: December 27, 2016, 07:44:06 pm »
    Do you still have to manually cut and paste emails into your email client? Or can you now download a csv file?

Offline RBC

• View Profile
      • RockingBookCovers.com
    « Reply #6 on: December 28, 2016, 08:18:32 am »
    Worth a shot! Thanks.

My pleasure! Hope it works well.

Offline RBC

• View Profile
      • RockingBookCovers.com
    « Reply #7 on: December 28, 2016, 08:20:13 am »
    A while ago, I paid for a NoiseTrade promotion. I got a good number of email addresses in return for freebie downloads, but OH MAN!! I've never had as many spam reports and unsubscribes, not even from giant poorly-targeted competition lists.

How many good ones added? I only count those honestly.. others are just saving your time by leaving...

@Marseille, no clue.

bardsandsages

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2016, 10:21:31 am »
    How many good ones added? I only count those honestly.. others are just saving your time by leaving...

@Marseille, no clue.

Unsubsribes are one thing. SPAM REPORTS can hurt you badly. Too many spam reports and your domain can get blacklisted by other email providers, causing you all sorts of problems.

Offline RBC

• View Profile
      • RockingBookCovers.com
    « Reply #9 on: December 28, 2016, 10:26:05 am »
    Unsubsribes are one thing. SPAM REPORTS can hurt you badly. Too many spam reports and your domain can get blacklisted by other email providers, causing you all sorts of problems.

I know, had some unfair ones myself.. huge thing to prevent them is to have super clear explanation of what to expect next when subscribers join and even tell them to unsubscribe if they don't want to get further emails..

Hopefully, NT has been improving in this regard.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement