Author Topic: Promotion groups for select authors  (Read 268 times)  

Offline Jonathan C. Gillespie

• Atlanta, GA
  • Relentlessly Patient
    • View Profile
    • Fiction For Every Reader
Promotion groups for select authors
« on: January 04, 2017, 06:07:55 am »
So there are many awesome promo groups out there where authors work together, but those promo groups seem to discourage authors enrolled in Select. I've had better fortune overall in Select than I did in wide release, but now, seeing some of these groups, I'm starting to wonder if I need to go back wide. Many of these groups leverage Instafreebie, and don't like Select because promos don't in Select don't apply to all Amazon storefronts. Of course my %&#(*# first-in-series novel just renewed automatically for Select on the 25th of December. So I don't even have the chance to go back into wide until March--and that'll be tons of fun to set everything up if I do.

Are there any groups anyone knows of out there that are specific to Select authors? I'd rather see if I can promo in Select for the time being while I figure out my gameplan for Spring, by which time--knowing my luck--everyone will be declaring Instafreebie dead and running to Select  :D

I write worlds on paper, then destroy them.
Jonathan C. Gillespie | Official Site | Twitter | facebook | Newsletter

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Rick Gualtieri

• NJ
    • Renaissance Geek
      • View Profile
      • RickGualtieri.com
    Re: Promotion groups for select authors
    « Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 06:09:46 am »
    I've had better fortune overall in Select than I did in wide release, but now, seeing some of these groups, I'm starting to wonder if I need to go back wide. M

Just playing Devil's Advocate here, but if you've had better success in Select than wide, then who cares what they're saying in various FB groups? 

Making fantasy fun again, one corpse at a time
    Rick Gualtieri | Website | Facebook | Twitter | Bill The Vampire on FB | YouTube

Offline Jonathan C. Gillespie

• Atlanta, GA
    • Relentlessly Patient
      • View Profile
      • Fiction For Every Reader
    Re: Promotion groups for select authors
    « Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 06:49:01 am »
    Well, it's a ladder, right? The idea is that you're always improving. And I'm still making just peanuts every month. So I'm looking for that next rung up. That seems to be had in group promos--and those seem to be geared toward non-Select authors.

Valid question, though, totally.

I write worlds on paper, then destroy them.
    Jonathan C. Gillespie | Official Site | Twitter | facebook | Newsletter

KBoards.com

• Advertisement