Author Topic: February/Valentine's Erotica Deals Promo Feb. 2-6 Up and Running!  (Read 816 times)  

Offline lyndabelle

• California
    • View Profile
    • Lynda Belle's Blog/Website
So, I'm starting off 2017 by moving the Erotica Deals Promo to the beginning of the month. Over 2016, due to centering the promos around Holidays, it kept moving to mid-month or near the end of the month. But downloads and sales after the promo seem to be more if the deals are at the beginning of the month. So, I've scheduled this promo back to the beginning of the month.

This promo will be more themed around romance and relationships since it is for February. So erotic romances or some sort of romance at its center for the story should be in the story. 1-2 titles per person. You can include Valentine's Day stories if you like, but they aren't necessary to do the promo.

Here's the info:
Promo Dates: Feb. 2-6  (5 days)
1-2 titles set to $0.99 or Free

Need from author:
Title of books on sale, your pen name, genre of book(s), link to book

Why promote with other authors?
It is more cost effective. You're not paying a third party website $70. You're sharing the opportunity to have your link go out on fellow erotica author lists, and they are doing the same. Plus, followers on your blog and newsletter will appreciate the deals and love to discover new authors. On my newsletter stats, the erotica deals still have higher opens than other campaigns.

Everyone that has done these with me before is welcomed back, and new erotica authors, here's your chance to get on board with a promo. I take about 10-12 authors. That's my cap right now.

Please PM with your info. You can also post you're interested on the thread, but remember, Kboards doesn't allow links to erotica books anymore. ;-(

First authors to sign up get in the banner. I usually have to limit this to the first five authors. So, let me know quick.
It's harder for me to add people that sign up later in the banner, since I tend to do that a couple weeks before promo.

When the promo starts: ***Info is sent out a week before, and then everyone sends out the info list of authors/titles names/links to everyone on their blog list and newsletter list. As the promo runs, track stats for sales and traffic at blog to share on promo thread. It's great to see how everyone is doing.

So, that's it. Please PM or post on thread if interested. Let's start 2017 with a fantastic Valentine's/February promo ;-) -Lynda
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 01:50:00 PM by lyndabelle »

Lynda Belle | Website | Amazon Author Page

Offline Jacquie

• View Profile
Sending you a PM

Offline lyndabelle

• California
    • View Profile
Sending you a PM
Got you on the list. Glad to have you aboard again.  ;)
-Lynda

Offline lyndabelle

• California
    • View Profile
Still have room for a few more sign-ups. Great way to get new titles or drum up business for old ones.  ;)
-Lynda

Offline nikkykaye

• Frisky. Funny. Fearless.
    • View Profile
    • Nikky Kaye
Hi Lynda! I'm interested, but I'm terrible with PMing. Email me at read@nikkykaye.com? Thanks!  ;D

Offline lyndabelle

• California
    • View Profile
Hi Lynda! I'm interested, but I'm terrible with PMing. Email me at read@nikkykaye.com? Thanks!  ;D
Just emailed you with the info. Sorry to get back to you so late. I've been sick with bronchitis. Just getting caught up.
Got you penciled in. ;-)

Offline Lady TL Jennings

• Oxfordshire, UK
    • View Profile
    • My Secret Quill
Can I join as well if there are any spots left? *crossing fingers*
For every one else: Lynda Belle's Promos have worked really well for me before and
I've always seen an increase in downloads when I'm running a cross promotion with other authors. :-)
Lady T. L. Jennings ~ Writing 19th century Victorian Oh-la-la and Romance in longhand, since 2011

http://www.mysecretquill.com

Offline lyndabelle

• California
    • View Profile
Can I join as well if there are any spots left? *crossing fingers*
For every one else: Lynda Belle's Promos have worked really well for me before and
I've always seen an increase in downloads when I'm running a cross promotion with other authors. :-)
Sure. I just made up the banner though. SO, I got that filled, but I can definitely put you on the list. PM your titles to me. ;-)

Offline Lady TL Jennings

• Oxfordshire, UK
    • View Profile
    • My Secret Quill
PMed you!
I'm so happy to be a part of the promo, and I hope you're feeling better! :-)

Cheers/ T.L.
Lady T. L. Jennings ~ Writing 19th century Victorian Oh-la-la and Romance in longhand, since 2011

Offline lyndabelle

• California
    • View Profile
PMed you!
I'm so happy to be a part of the promo, and I hope you're feeling better! :-)

Cheers/ T.L.
Thank you. I'm trying my best to get better. I'm on antibiotics, but I've had to miss a writing conference down in LA this weekend. Totally bummed about that. I'm out $400.

For everyone participating, I just finished the Valentine's banner, and posted it on my blog. You're welcome to take it from there and use it for your posts next week, or even do a teaser with it this week. Check out my post to see what I did.

https://lyndabelle.com/2017/01/28/valentines-day-erotica-promo-coming-feb-2-6/

Offline lyndabelle

• California
    • View Profile
So, I'm closing the sign-ups after today. Last CALL FOLKS!

Here's our authors so far:
1) Jacinta Laurenti
2) Lynda Belle
3)Kathy Noh
4) Holly Dodd
5) Grace Risata
6) Cordova Skye
7) Amanda Richensexi
8 Theresa B. Tri
9) Nickky Kaye
10) Lady TL Jennings

I'll be sending out the master list to all participating authors on Monday. Have a great weekend!
-Lynda

Offline lyndabelle

• California
    • View Profile
Re: February/Valentine's Erotica Deals Promo Feb. 2-6 Master List Sent Out!
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2017, 04:27:05 PM »
So, just sent out the master list to all participating authors. Thanks for joining in. Remember to schedule posts and your deals to start on Feb. 2. The promo goes through Feb. 6. I always post a remember post, like Last Chance For Deals, usually on the last day. Helps give everyone a spike and help readers that might have missed the first post.

Plus, as the promo starts and goes through the weekend, post your results. It's great to see how everyone does, and it helps me plan for future promos.

Have a great week! Can't wait until Thursday!
-Lynda

Offline Jacquie

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2017, 11:41:54 PM »
Got it. Thank you.

Offline Lady TL Jennings

• Oxfordshire, UK
    • View Profile
    • My Secret Quill
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2017, 01:27:17 PM »
Got it too, time to prepare for the promo!
Thanks so much for arranging this Lyndabelle!  :-)

Offline nikkykaye

• Frisky. Funny. Fearless.
    • View Profile
    • Nikky Kaye
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2017, 09:49:28 PM »
Thanks! I appreciate the add, and the company!

Offline lyndabelle

• California
    • View Profile
Re: February/Valentine's Erotica Deals Promo Feb. 2-6 Up and Running!
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2017, 01:52:34 PM »
Everything is up and running. Hope everyone is having good results.

I had 63 downloads on my freebie title and just one sale. But still have four days. But I've got good traffic to my blog. Like over almost two hundred hits. So, happy about that. I've always found the Valentine's Day promos do well. Everybody is in the mood for love at this time of year. ;-)

How is everyone else doing?
-Lynda

Offline Lysandra_Lorde

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2017, 04:33:48 PM »
I sent everyone out in my newsletter tonight, I'll share results if I can manage to remember doing as such in a few days. This is pretty different for my audience, but hopefully there's some spillover interest and they don't throw stones at me.

Offline lyndabelle

• California
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2017, 06:21:33 PM »
I sent everyone out in my newsletter tonight, I'll share results if I can manage to remember doing as such in a few days. This is pretty different for my audience, but hopefully there's some spillover interest and they don't throw stones at me.
I've found that I gain followers if they know there are monthly discounts and freebies coming their way. It's a popular promo. I try to do these once a month, and other authors drop in and out through out the year. It gives variety to the types of titles. You might find your readers will like the freebies and deeply discounted deals. Erotica tends to be more expensive than other fiction.

Offline Lady TL Jennings

• Oxfordshire, UK
    • View Profile
    • My Secret Quill
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2017, 06:30:18 AM »
90 downloads and this morning I was on the #2 spot in my category and around #1500 in Free kindle shop! Yey! :-)
I've made a book promo on my website and sent out links via Facebook and Twitter.
http://www.mysecretquill.com/victorian-valentine-special-2017.html

I'm very pleased with the results and I'm super curious about if there will be a spill-over effect in reading and sales once the promo is over.
Fingers crossed! :-)

Offline Lysandra_Lorde

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2017, 10:04:41 AM »
I've found that I gain followers if they know there are monthly discounts and freebies coming their way. It's a popular promo. I try to do these once a month, and other authors drop in and out through out the year. It gives variety to the types of titles. You might find your readers will like the freebies and deeply discounted deals. Erotica tends to be more expensive than other fiction.
So far I've had minimal complaints, everyone (aside from me of course) has gotten like 150 unique clicks to their respective titles.

Offline lyndabelle

• California
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2017, 01:44:03 PM »
It's great to hear how many downloads everyone is having. I'm hoping this will help with the rest of the month too. That's why I moved the promo to more at the beginning of the month.

I've got 185 downloads for my freebie, and 5 sales for my $0.99. Everything is kind of at a stand still right now. But I have a feeling that's because of the Superbowl today. As soon as the big game is over, I'm going to post my reminder/last day for deals post. That helps sometimes for people that just looked it over and then jump at the deals cause they're ending in a day. You all don't have to do so, but I found it helps sometimes.

Keep posting in the several days after the promo ends so we can see how it affects later sales. I'm hoping it will keep us higher on the lists, right? Here's to hoping.  ;)