Author Topic: Book Rank (formerly Ram's Promo Stacker) - One Stop Promo Shop!  (Read 49179 times)  

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
    • All My Dirty Stuff At Amazon!
Re: Book Rank (formerly Ram's Promo Stacker) - One Stop Promo Shop!
« Reply #225 on: December 17, 2018, 06:30:57 pm »
...because there hasn't been a bump in a good, long while.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline JaclynDolamore

• View Profile
    « Reply #226 on: December 20, 2018, 06:12:28 pm »
    Recently I booked a promo with Ram, choosing a week when Robin Reads had a lot of openings, and I guess between the time of booking and paying/scheduling, all their openings vanished. Ram actually managed to get me in anyway. I wouldn't have even bothered asking. Plus he couldn't have been more gracious over my dismay asking what happened. This service continues to be worth every penny for time savings AND peace of mind, and my promos have all gone really well.

Jaclyn Dolamore | Blog | Facebook | Twitter

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
    « Reply #227 on: January 03, 2019, 10:07:42 am »
    UPDATE:

---New Venues added, more discounts---

Fussy Librarian was already on my list, but they have now been upgraded to a preferred venue. I'm now able to offer my clients better pricing at FL and priority booking, too.

BookRunes has been added as a preferred venue. Promo Stacker/Book Rank clients who wish to use their service will get a discounted rate.

I've got a few other venues I'm waiting to hear back from and I'm going to be working on getting even better discounts from the sites on my list over the next weeks and months.

Recently I booked a promo with Ram, choosing a week when Robin Reads had a lot of openings, and I guess between the time of booking and paying/scheduling, all their openings vanished. Ram actually managed to get me in anyway. I wouldn't have even bothered asking. Plus he couldn't have been more gracious over my dismay asking what happened. This service continues to be worth every penny for time savings AND peace of mind, and my promos have all gone really well.

Thanks for the feedback, Jaclyn! Keeping my clients happy is goal numero uno!

Offline Kingdavid757

• View Profile
    « Reply #228 on: January 03, 2019, 12:01:09 pm »
    I booked the service a couple weeks ago for my upcoming book (the promotions will start next week). I loved the ease of just filling out the form and waiting (the hard part). Get a nice list with dates and venues, everything already scheduled and set up. was pretty awesome. I still ended up getting a couple more venues on my own.

If I can afford it, I will use this service for every book launch (unless I figure out different launch tactics/techniques.) a lot of the venues I have used in promotions before but there were a few I didn't know about.

Genre: Fantasy, Thriller, Science Fiction

Author Central | Mailing List | Website

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
    « Reply #229 on: January 07, 2019, 06:42:12 am »
    UPDATE:

Book Doggy has been added on to my preferred venue list.

My clients will enjoy a discounted rate on their promotions there, as usual. ;)

I booked the service a couple weeks ago for my upcoming book (the promotions will start next week). I loved the ease of just filling out the form and waiting (the hard part). Get a nice list with dates and venues, everything already scheduled and set up. was pretty awesome. I still ended up getting a couple more venues on my own.

If I can afford it, I will use this service for every book launch (unless I figure out different launch tactics/techniques.) a lot of the venues I have used in promotions before but there were a few I didn't know about.

Glad to help, Kingdavid! Hopefully I'll be able to assist you again in the future. :)

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
    « Reply #230 on: January 12, 2019, 08:05:45 am »
    Yet another UPDATE + more discounts for clients:

I've added the romance promo service Smexy Librarian to my list as a preferred venue.

As always, preferred venues are marked with a $ on my list, indicating that clients who use my service will save money on that venue when booking through me.

BookSends' new ARC program has been added to my romance and non-romance lists. It's a new service that's just taking off and you should give it a try if you're looking for a few reviews.

PLUS - with the new year, I've been going through my list and contacting venues and asking for even greater discounts. So far, many have agreed. I've still got more to go, but by the end of the month I hope to have the absolute least expensive way ANYWHERE for authors to book promotions. The end goal is to make it so it's always cheaper for you to let Book Rank handle scheduling your promotions than it would be to do it yourself -- saving you huge time and money.

Offline botolo

• View Profile
    « Reply #231 on: January 12, 2019, 07:41:42 pm »
    What's the user rating of each venue based on?

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
    « Reply #232 on: January 12, 2019, 08:34:26 pm »
    What's the user rating of each venue based on?

A large group of authors was polled about their experiences with the venues which have star ratings. This has been semi-updated, but not really recently. It will be changing soon.

I'm going to wind up providing my own star ratings eventually, based on the following factors:

-How much of a discount the venue provides
    -How quickly the venue sends out a scheduling confirmation
    -The overall price:effectiveness ratio of the venue
    -How easy the ordering and payment process is
    -How reliable the venue is

The venues which do the best on the above metrics will have the highest rating.

Offline SND

• View Profile
    « Reply #233 on: January 13, 2019, 03:07:08 am »
    Hi Ram,

As it pertains to using your service; for a standalone new release would you consider Kindle Unlimited enrolment and 99c to be more ideal than say, wide and 'regular' price?

Thanks.
    « Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 03:09:33 am by SND »

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
    « Reply #234 on: January 13, 2019, 06:54:58 am »
    Hi Ram,

As it pertains to using your service; for a standalone new release would you consider Kindle Unlimited enrolment and 99c to be more ideal than say, wide and 'regular' price?

Thanks.

I'd say that the service works fine for either one and there are pros and cons for each strategy.

If you are planning on promoting wide, the service makes your life even easier because there are so many links you'd have to plug in to the venues and I do that for you. Some people might be surprised just how much extra work is involved in promoting a wide release vs. a KU release for just this reason. However, a full-priced promotion will limit the possible venues that will accept your book somewhat.

Offline botolo

• View Profile
    « Reply #235 on: January 13, 2019, 08:05:03 am »
    Ram, quick question for you. I see that you have special partnerships with some of the channels you use. Do you think it would be possible to get a slot for the Hidden Gems ARC service? I see that for Women's Fiction and General Fiction they are booked until December 2019 :-(

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
    « Reply #236 on: January 13, 2019, 09:14:46 am »
    Ram, quick question for you. I see that you have special partnerships with some of the channels you use. Do you think it would be possible to get a slot for the Hidden Gems ARC service? I see that for Women's Fiction and General Fiction they are booked until December 2019 :-(

Sometimes they will squeeze me in if they have an opening. For their most popular categories though, the wait can still be many weeks or even months.

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
    « Reply #237 on: January 21, 2019, 07:14:48 am »
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."

-Wayne Gretzky

-Michael Scott

-Raminar Dixon

Offline Vinny OHare

• New York City
      • View Profile
      • Awesomegang
    « Reply #238 on: February 01, 2019, 03:11:35 pm »
    I love that Wayne Gretzky quote I use it all the time.

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
    « Reply #239 on: February 07, 2019, 09:30:20 am »
    It's been awhile since I've bumped this thread and today seemed like a good time to do just that.

I'm still working on sorting my list and obtaining more venues and better discounts. Look for changes over the coming weeks that will make your experience easier and save you even more money.

I love that Wayne Gretzky quote I use it all the time.

What are you talking about? Obviously I'm the one who said it. See how I attributed my name? :)

Seriously though it is a great quote and very apropos in the promotion and marketing industry.

Offline Vinny OHare

• New York City
      • View Profile
      • Awesomegang
    « Reply #240 on: February 07, 2019, 09:35:41 am »
    It's been awhile since I've bumped this thread and today seemed like a good time to do just that.

I'm still working on sorting my list and obtaining more venues and better discounts. Look for changes over the coming weeks that will make your experience easier and save you even more money.

What are you talking about? Obviously I'm the one who said it. See how I attributed my name? :)

Seriously though it is a great quote and very apropos in the promotion and marketing industry.

I need to get you details on our audiobook site :)

Offline botolo

• View Profile
    « Reply #241 on: February 07, 2019, 03:22:37 pm »
    Do you provide some sort of performance tracking for each promotional channel? If I stack 10/20 channels, how do I know which one performed better?

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
    « Reply #242 on: February 07, 2019, 09:15:23 pm »
    Do you provide some sort of performance tracking for each promotional channel? If I stack 10/20 channels, how do I know which one performed better?

I don't provide any performance tracking and there's not really any way I could since I'm not privy to your sales data or the click/view data obtained by the venues. So, I don't track anything like that - the service being offered here is mostly just me saving you time and headache by ordering and scheduling promotions for you based on my expertise and connections, along with passing on a bit of the exclusive discounts that many venues offer to me. I mean, there's more to it than that -- just check out the OP if you want all the details on what's being offered.

If you stack 20 venues all on the same day there's no real way to know which performed better outside of asking the venues how many clicks your book got in their newsletter/on their website. Some would likely give you said information while others might not. It is extremely uncommon for anyone to ask for this data because even if they give it to you, you're having to trust that they are giving you 100% correct data and not inflating the results.

If you want to track roughly how well differing promotional venues perform, your best bet is to request that I schedule a different venue for each day of your promotion. While this might not bring the best results or rank movement, at least you'll learn which venues work best for your type of books.

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
    « Reply #243 on: February 20, 2019, 08:12:58 am »
    Hey everyone, just putting this out there wayyy in advance so you'll be properly notified.

Book Rank /Promo Stacker will closed for vacation from March 11th - March 14th. If you are planning on placing an order anytime around then, I encourage you to do it early or wait until I'm back. I won't be answering emails unless its a dire emergency and even then what I can do to resolve said emergency will be seriously limited.

You will still be able to place orders with the service during this period. Just know that I won't be able to start work on your order until I get back.

And no worries if you are a current client and have promotions set to run sometime around that period. Everything should go off without a hitch. Just be sure to get me your ASIN ahead of the 11th if at all possible.

Thanks!
    « Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 02:09:57 pm by raminar_dixon »

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
    « Reply #244 on: March 24, 2019, 08:14:25 am »
    Giving this bad boy a bump. I've got plenty of availability all week!

Offline Anna Lowe

• View Profile
    « Reply #245 on: April 06, 2019, 08:06:30 am »
    I can highly recommend this service. They really follow through and are quick to respond to requests. They have saved me hours of time and aggravation which is well worth the expense (an expense I can take off my taxes, making it even more of a no-brainer).

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
    « Reply #246 on: April 17, 2019, 04:54:20 pm »
    Things have been crazy the last few weeks but I've still got plenty of time for new orders.

Also, I am still working on developing more alternative promotion methods and still seeking out better and better prices for clients. ;) As soon as I have a sizable update, I'll let you know.

I can highly recommend this service. They really follow through and are quick to respond to requests. They have saved me hours of time and aggravation which is well worth the expense (an expense I can take off my taxes, making it even more of a no-brainer).

Thanks so much, Anna. It's been a true pleasure working with you. :)

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
    « Reply #247 on: April 29, 2019, 03:35:11 pm »
    Time for a nice bump.  :P

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
    « Reply #248 on: May 17, 2019, 07:14:53 am »
    Hey everyone! I'm currently helping my dad out post-surgery (a kidney AND liver transplant!) so my response time might be a bit slow over the next few weeks. If I don't get back with you right away hang in there, I've likely seen your email or message already and will respond as soon as I can.

Thanks!

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
    « Reply #249 on: June 03, 2019, 06:28:22 pm »
    I'm back in the office and dad is doing great. Modern medicine is insane. He is a new man and deeply driven to enjoy and cherish his second chance at life.  ;D

Thanks so much for all the well-wishes!!

KBoards.com

• Advertisement