Author Topic: Book Rank (formerly Ram's Promo Stacker) - One Stop Promo Shop!  (Read 46840 times)  

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
    • All My Dirty Stuff At Amazon!
Re: Book Rank (formerly Ram's Promo Stacker) - One Stop Promo Shop!
« Reply #275 on: May 05, 2020, 09:37:04 am »
Just a quick note- things have been steadily picking up over at Book Rank since around the beginning of April and now I'm at a point where I'm honestly just swamped.

So I'm asking anyone who is planning to place an order to please please try to do so at least 2 weeks in advance (or more) if at all possible. With the way things are right now it might be two or three days before I'm able to get started on your order and I don't want even a minor delay on my end to affect the quality of your campaign. A little bit of buffer between when your order is placed and when promotions will start can make a big difference.

Thanks to all and stay safe!  :)

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Christine_C

• View Profile
    « Reply #276 on: May 07, 2020, 10:28:20 am »
    Just wanted to leave a review because I had a great experience with booking the promo stacker. It runs tomorrow and has saved me a lot of time.  :)

Offline edipet

• View Profile
      • Edita A. Petrick
    « Reply #277 on: May 11, 2020, 12:45:17 pm »
    Sounds good but definitely not affordable. Best of luck with your business, Edita

suspense action historical and crime thrillers
    Edita A. Petrick | website

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
    « Reply #278 on: May 11, 2020, 04:52:56 pm »
    Sounds good but definitely not affordable. Best of luck with your business, Edita

?

The amount you pay is very close to the same cost as booking the promotions yourself. So you pay only marginally more and someone else does all the work (which can sometimes take hours) for you. And the larger the order, the smaller that margin gets.

There are pre-priced campaigns which range from $200 - $2500, which should fit just about any budget. Or, you can build your own campaign and choose however many venues you want with the Promo Stacker.

I'm not really sure how it isn't affordable if you are planning on doing any sort of advertising?
    « Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 08:24:00 pm by raminar_dixon »

Offline Knox

• View Profile
      • Carrie Ann Knox, Mystery Author
    « Reply #279 on: May 14, 2020, 11:54:28 am »
    Excited to hear of a one-stop promo source! Strongly considering for my new release next month...but first I could use some advice. In your experience, which book is better to do the promotion on for Book 2 in a series?

Discount and promote only the 1st book? Only the new book? Give away book 1 instead?

Having trouble deciding which might work better. Hoping you have heard some feedback from others over the years...:)

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
    « Reply #280 on: May 14, 2020, 12:12:41 pm »
    Excited to hear of a one-stop promo source! Strongly considering for my new release next month...but first I could use some advice. In your experience, which book is better to do the promotion on for Book 2 in a series?

Discount and promote only the 1st book? Only the new book? Give away book 1 instead?

Having trouble deciding which might work better. Hoping you have heard some feedback from others over the years...:)

Most authors seem to go with promoting the first book and sometimes using it as a temporary loss-leader (free) to drive sales to the series and help push the second (or third, or fourth) book's launch. IME, that's been the most successful way to do it.

If things are going well you can always do a small promotion campaign for book 2 right on the heels of the previous advertising.

Offline chai tea

• View Profile
    « Reply #281 on: May 16, 2020, 02:24:30 pm »
    I'm new here on the Kboards forum, and I'm looking to promote/market a few books that I recently published.  I've been reading through this thread, and I'm intrigued by your promotional services.  I have a question, for some of the venues that promote through newsletters or other "closed" venues, how does the author verify that the promotion was done and done during the time period required?

And by the way, congrats to your surge in business.  I understand that there's a lead time due to the surge in business.

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
    « Reply #282 on: May 16, 2020, 05:47:15 pm »
    I have a question, for some of the venues that promote through newsletters or other "closed" venues, how does the author verify that the promotion was done and done during the time period required?

It's pretty easy to verify - the author just needs to sign up at the venues with their email and they should also get the newsletter, just like the readers do. Then on the day of the promotion, they'll see the ad when it lands in their inbox.

Also, most (but not all) venues have a website, so the author should also be able to visit those sites on their promotion day to see the advertisement running there, too.

Offline chai tea

• View Profile
    « Reply #283 on: May 16, 2020, 05:58:58 pm »
    It's pretty easy to verify - the author just needs to sign up at the venues with their email and they should also get the newsletter, just like the readers do. Then on the day of the promotion, they'll see the ad when it lands in their inbox.

Also, most (but not all) venues have a website, so the author should also be able to visit those sites on their promotion day to see the advertisement running there, too.

Okay. Thank you so much for answering my question.  Enjoy your evening!

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
    « Reply #284 on: May 21, 2020, 10:30:54 am »
    Absolutely! You (or anyone else) can always hit me up here in the thread or just send an email to [email protected] and I'll do everything I can to help.  ;D

Offline Knox

• View Profile
      • Carrie Ann Knox, Mystery Author
    « Reply #285 on: May 27, 2020, 01:26:47 pm »
    Most authors seem to go with promoting the first book and sometimes using it as a temporary loss-leader (free) to drive sales to the series and help push the second (or third, or fourth) book's launch. IME, that's been the most successful way to do it.

If things are going well you can always do a small promotion campaign for book 2 right on the heels of the previous advertising.

Thanks so much for your response! That's exactly what I've been thinking. Appreciate it and good luck! I'll keep you in mind.

Offline raminar_dixon

• View Profile
    « Reply #286 on: July 19, 2020, 09:29:53 am »
    Been way too long since I bumped this thread.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement