Author Topic: Mark Dawson's Ads for Authors OPEN -- What I've Learned  (Read 14845 times)  

Online Mark Dawson

• London, UK
    • View Profile
    • Mark Dawson
Re: Mark Dawson's Ads for Authors OPEN -- What I've Learned
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2017, 10:08:30 am »
True story: Adam Croft, when he hit the mother lode, was getting money from friends and family to pay for the ads. FB certainly takes money before Amazon pays it.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Doglover

• Cambridge, United Kingdom
    • If you want real love, buy a dog.
      • View Profile
      • Margaret Brazear Author
    « Reply #26 on: March 24, 2017, 10:15:34 am »
    True story: Adam Croft, when he hit the mother lode, was getting money from friends and family to pay for the ads. FB certainly takes money before Amazon pays it.
    That's my point, Mark. I am a pensioner with only my state pension and no credit cards nor relatives to borrow from. I doubt I would anyway. When I can afford a facebook ad, it does really well, but then, as I said, they get stopped while waiting for Amazon to pay out.

The past is another country; they do things differently there
    Margaret Brazear | Website | Blog | Facebook | Newsletter

Offline IreneP

• Austin, Texas
      • View Profile
      • IrenePreston.com
    « Reply #27 on: March 24, 2017, 10:38:30 am »

If I had a tagline like Adam Croft, I would take money from the Devil to get it in front of readers.  ;D

Offline BlueGen

• View Profile
    « Reply #28 on: March 24, 2017, 10:51:16 am »
    I took Mark's course in the very first year it came out. Since then, I have made a shedload of money out of FB ads. I went from around 3k a month income to a steady $15k/m. It generally only took around a 2-3k a month ad spend to get all that extra income.

I have Mark to thank for that. He is a super straightforward and honest chap, and I have nothing but good to say about the content of the course.

But...

Every single one of my ads has suddenly (and massively) increased in price. The CPCs today are literally triple what they have been for the past few months. I have a horrible feeling it's down to a sudden influx of new ads from all of Marks's latest new students. I do wonder whether FB is becoming somewhat saturated with book ads.

Perhaps it's down to something else... ley lines, or the weather or something. I do hope so.
    « Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 10:53:06 am by BlueGen »

Offline anotherpage

• View Profile
    « Reply #29 on: March 24, 2017, 05:29:28 pm »
    If I had a tagline like Adam Croft, I would take money from the Devil to get it in front of readers.  ;D

The interesting thing about Adam Croft is while his name is associated with this course. If you actually go listen to the interview he did with Joanne Penn, he said that FB was doing hardly anything for him until he started writing from a HOOK.

It was the hook that caused the change in response.

Once he advertised that hook, that was what pulled them in.

That's why i say, it's not entirely the advertising platform that makes or breaks a writer it's usually the product, and his case.... the hook. He had a good hook.

That's also why some books can do extremely well WITHOUT any advertising (and only amazon and a list) if they have the right cover, the right hook, and the right categories.

Offline Doglover

• View Profile
    « Reply #30 on: March 24, 2017, 11:16:38 pm »
    The interesting thing about Adam Croft is while his name is associated with this course. If you actually go listen to the interview he did with Joanne Penn, he said that FB was doing hardly anything for him until he started writing from a HOOK.

It was the hook that caused the change in response.

Once he advertised that hook, that was what pulled them in.

That's why i say, it's not entirely the advertising platform that makes or breaks a writer it's usually the product, and his case.... the hook. He had a good hook.

That's also why some books can do extremely well WITHOUT any advertising (and only amazon and a list) if they have the right cover, the right hook, and the right categories.

That's not what he said on the facebook group that goes with the course. In fact, I recall him showing screenshots of his sales graph and saying things like Facebook ads do work. I haven't quoted that because those were probably not his exact words. If it wasn't the ads that shot his sales up, why did he have to borrow thousands on credit cards and from relatives?

Offline RightHoJeeves

• Perth
      • View Profile
      • Lawson Copywriting
    « Reply #31 on: March 24, 2017, 11:39:49 pm »
    That's not what he said on the facebook group that goes with the course. In fact, I recall him showing screenshots of his sales graph and saying things like Facebook ads do work. I haven't quoted that because those were probably not his exact words. If it wasn't the ads that shot his sales up, why did he have to borrow thousands on credit cards and from relatives?

From memory I think he noticed that the particular hook of Her Last Tomorrow was working really, really well with Facebook ads. Recognising that he had a really good ad for a really good product, he then poured a lot of cash into it.

James Lawson

Offline Doglover

• View Profile
    « Reply #32 on: March 25, 2017, 12:05:49 am »
    From memory I think he noticed that the particular hook of Her Last Tomorrow was working really, really well with Facebook ads. Recognising that he had a really good ad for a really good product, he then poured a lot of cash into it.
    I'm sure it did work well, but I was addressing the post that said it was the hook that did it, not the ads. Apart from the amount Mr Croft spent on ads, a lot of his reviews state that they found the book through the facebook ads.

I'm not contradicting anything Mr Croft is saying; you can spend a fortune on advertising whatever you want, but nobody is going to buy it if it isn't worth their hard earned. What the FB ads do is to get you that visibility, get your book before the audience. After that it is up to you.

I have one book that I published back in June 2014 when I hadn't been at this very long and knew nothing about advertising. It shot up the rankings straight out of the gate with no advertising whatsoever and still sells steadily, but I don't know why. My friend says it's the title and perhaps it is, but it is still my most popular individual book.

Offline RightHoJeeves

• Perth
      • View Profile
      • Lawson Copywriting
    « Reply #33 on: March 25, 2017, 12:59:53 am »
    I'm sure it did work well, but I was addressing the post that said it was the hook that did it, not the ads. Apart from the amount Mr Croft spent on ads, a lot of his reviews state that they found the book through the facebook ads.

Oh, yeah, I was just trying to clarify because it wasn't just the hook or the ads in isolation.

I also remember Adam acknowledging that it didn't work so well with other books, probably because at the end of the day, Her Last Tomorrow had a balls-out awesome hook that was absolutely perfect ad copy. In all honesty, I suspect Her Last Tomorrow worked as a standalone with Facebook ads because (aside from generally being a really good book) it had an X factor that would be quite difficult to replicate.

Mark Dawson said he couldn't make stand alone books profitable, which is why he sells box sets (or advocates using Facebook ads to drive email sign ups). And that's hardly surprising - Mark's books are great, don't get me wrong, but the John Milton books don't have that sucker punch tagline.

Indeed, I will be interested to see if Adam has success (or attempts) with Facebook ads for his next book. I already bought it, but that was because I signed up to his email list.

James Lawson

Offline anotherpage

• View Profile
    « Reply #34 on: March 25, 2017, 05:02:12 am »
    This.

Facebook ads *do* work, but only when used properly, and with a decent book. If it was a case of use Facebook ads and your career would take off, things would be lovely and rosy but it tends to require much more than that.

There we go. Right from the horses mouth. There are many ingredients but only with a decent book.

Offline Doglover

• View Profile
    « Reply #35 on: March 25, 2017, 05:03:00 am »
    Go listen to the interview. It's pretty clear in the interview in the audio that FB was not working for him (even though he was throwing money at it ) until he wrote the hook for that book.

I'm not saying ads didn't play a role. I'm saying that it's only one part in the engine.

If you have a crap book, crap cover, crap description. Ads aren't going to do squat for you.

Advertising is not the CURE all solution.

If it was.... every business with thrive and yet we known in the real world. People spend a lot of money on ads and don't get anywhere.

It's ONE PART of the selling process and its' ONLY as effective as the product.

No one wants to admit they have a shoddy product, it's easier to blame the advertising platform ( and sometimes the advertising platform plays a role, especially since FB ads have become even more expensive than they have before)
    I believe that's what I said, that facebook ads give you the visibility, but you need a product worth paying for to go further.

Offline John Etzil

• View Profile
    « Reply #36 on: March 28, 2017, 05:01:09 am »

So I do recommend the course but you must be realistic. Have you got a quality product? Have you got spare cash? Have you got the resilience to try, fail, try something different, etc etc etc, during the ad-testing phase? Have you got the time to really dedicate to it?
    [/quote]

This.

A long term, business owner, mindset increases the odds of success. A lot.  ;)

John Etzil

Offline josielitton

• View Profile
    « Reply #37 on: March 28, 2017, 06:54:35 am »
    I took Mark's course in the very first year it came out. Since then, I have made a shedload of money out of FB ads. I went from around 3k a month income to a steady $15k/m. It generally only took around a 2-3k a month ad spend to get all that extra income.

I have Mark to thank for that. He is a super straightforward and honest chap, and I have nothing but good to say about the content of the course.

But...

Every single one of my ads has suddenly (and massively) increased in price. The CPCs today are literally triple what they have been for the past few months. I have a horrible feeling it's down to a sudden influx of new ads from all of Marks's latest new students. I do wonder whether FB is becoming somewhat saturated with book ads.

Perhaps it's down to something else... ley lines, or the weather or something. I do hope so.

First, congratulations on your success. That's fantastic! I can't speak to what's happened to your FB ads but hopefully the problems won't last. However, I recently pulled all of mine when costs went up significantly (in one case) and otherwise results plummeted. I have no idea if FB's admitted problems with ad metrics and the efforts to fix that could be connected, but you can read about them here and draw your own conclusions. https://techcrunch.com/2016/11/16/facebook-overhauls-ad-metrics-admits-4-bugs-and-errors-led-to-misreported-numbers/ 

You might also find these comments from the CEO of P&G, the world's largest marketing spender, interesting. Basically, he's warning FB and Google to clean up their act or lose billions in revenue. https://www.bloomberg.com/gadfly/articles/2017-02-01/facebook-and-google-have-a-problem-with-crappy-advertising

I have great respect for what Mark has accomplished. I took his course, learned a tremendous about from it, and for awhile really benefited from FB ads. But the recent problems there have caused me to pull back and wait to see what happens.

Offline Anarchist

• Methodological individualist
      • View Profile
    « Reply #38 on: March 28, 2017, 08:17:08 am »
    This was much longer than I expected to write, but I thought maybe it would be helpful to some people.

I found it helpful.

I've been doing FB since its inception, and therefore wasn't going to buy Dawson's course. But at this point, $750 is a great investment, even if I only learn one new thing that I can leverage to grow my business(es) faster.

Thanks for posting.
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." - Sun Tzu

Offline RightHoJeeves

• Perth
      • View Profile
      • Lawson Copywriting
    « Reply #39 on: March 28, 2017, 07:08:51 pm »
    Ha, I've been at my day job for a year today, and my manager just came as said as an "anniversary present" they'd pay for me to do a course in anything I wanted. Didn't have to be business related.

I was like.... Mark's Ads For Authors course? I got a "sure, why not?" in response.

Only problem is I'm waiting to hear back on a job application I put in a few weeks ago... aghh!!

James Lawson

Offline EC

• View Profile
    « Reply #40 on: March 29, 2017, 05:59:14 am »
    Delusion

Contact Facebook and they will give you a professional account manager.

Free.

Offline Doglover

• View Profile
    « Reply #41 on: March 29, 2017, 07:10:51 am »
    Delusion

Contact Facebook and they will give you a professional account manager.

Free.

Actually, no. Facebook will not give you an account manager until they decide you are worth investing in, timewise. When that happens, they will post a banner on your author site, asking you to contact them to arrange a phone call with your rep. I did that back last year sometime and am still waiting.

Facebook reps don't give you much more than you can find on their help pages and they are not specifically targeted at authors, which is the big advantage of Mark's course. The other big advantage is that he is himself an author and has been there and done that and got where he has through trial and error. That is what he is passing on.

To call something 'delusion' when you have obviously never tried it, is not very helpful. There would hardly be so many people here singing his praises if it was delusion. It is not for everybody, but if you can afford it, and can learn from it, it is worth doing.

Offline Nicole Simon

• Berlin, Germany
    • I write about marketing tactics and tools.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #42 on: March 31, 2017, 09:15:15 am »

IF you are serious about marketing and making this your career, yes, this is a very good offer. Not only does Mark speak from experience but he also caters it to you as the writer and explains very well. Note that I have never used his course but worked through his free previews - I teach this stuff myself and would happily send people there even if they are not just writers.

Compare: as an experienced writer, you do not read my full book to determine if I can write well ;))

But just buying the book is not enough. You need to apply this - and work at understanding marketing / advertising. It could be worth the money alone for having somebody else keeping up with all of the changes on the different platforms.

FB ads are diminishing - sure. But at the same time, FB is a highly complex advertising ecosystem and you should be able to transfer your knowledge. If oyu worked with FB, then ads in other systems should be a breeze for you. Learn once, apply many times.

hth
    Nicole

Offline Nicole Simon

• Berlin, Germany
    • I write about marketing tactics and tools.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #43 on: March 31, 2017, 09:17:46 am »
    IF you are serious about marketing and making this your career, yes, this is a very good offer. Not only does Mark speak from experience but he also caters it to you as the writer and explains very well. Note that I have never used his course but worked through his free previews - I teach this stuff myself and would happily send people there even if they are not just writers.

Compare: as an experienced writer, you do not read my full book to determine if I can write well ;)

But just buying the course is not enough. You need to apply this - and work at understanding marketing / advertising. It could be worth the money alone for having somebody else keeping up with all of the changes on the different platforms.

FB ads are diminishing - sure. But at the same time, FB is a highly complex advertising ecosystem and you should be able to transfer your knowledge. If oyu worked with FB, then ads in other systems should be a breeze for you. Learn once, apply many times.

hth
    Nicole

Offline Nicholas Erik

• View Profile
    « Reply #44 on: April 01, 2017, 12:08:50 am »
    I enrolled on this go round. Here are my thoughts after watching all the videos over the past 10 days and implementing the info.

GENERAL

> if $750 is a lot of money to you at this point (i.e. you're gonna charge it), then don't sign-up. It's not gonna be helpful. This is why I skipped out the last few times it was offered; the course cost was gonna eat up basically all of my free cash flow for that month. Facebook (and most PPC platforms) thinks money is delicious. If you're used to AMS not spending jack and think FB will do the same, you're in for an unpleasant surprise. I've been billed $80 over the past 5 days. Those are for minimum budget $5 ads, mostly for three campaigns, across four ad sets (so $20/day). Your promo dollars are probably better spent elsewhere if your funds are limited.

> more on the subject of cash flow: you really need a decent amount of cash to make this work because you'll have to test things. You'll also need a website, decent landing page and decent ad image. You'll need Zapier ($20/mo) if you're using LeadGen ads and don't want to be miserable manually exporting the .CSVs from Facebook. There are exceptions, but the competition on FB, like Amazon, has tightened significantly over the past couple years, which means general costs have risen. Unfortunately, any money you put out won't be seen for 2 months - and that's if you're going for sales, not mailing list sign-ups. For ads running today (April 1), I'm gonna get that money back in 3 months. That's a long time.

> if you don't have a few books to test this on, I'd just use the free videos and muck around to see if it'll work. Facebook doesn't work with all books, so you need a few things to test.

> don't charge the ads to a credit card you're not gonna pay off at the end of the month. Please, please don't do this. I don't care what the APR is; that's just a terrible practice. Credit card companies don't give out low or 0% APR rates out of generosity; they know human psychology, and know that most people don't pay in time to avoid interest. The idea is always "yeah, I'll make it back" when my book blows up; I did that with some covers three years ago that I'm still paying off. Not all books respond to Facebook ads, and if you go for mailing list sign-ups, your timeline for payback is longer.

ABOUT THE COURSE

> professional all the way through. Excellent presentation/usability. Well produced video and audio. Many of the videos have been redone for March 2017, which is nice. Minor quibble: I would've liked to see more recent examples from students; some of the ones that were from 2015 struck me as outdated and not relevant/not competitive in today's environment. That being said, Mark has run some of the same ads since March 2015 (!), so I could be wrong about the outdated part.

> bonuses: these are nice if you need a website, Book Funnel etc, and the discounts can bring the (relative) price of the course down. I watched the bonus course on blurb writing provided by Brian Cohen and threw up some test ads using his formula (although you could also just read his book, which is $3, I think). There's a bonus course on YouTube that I'll get to once I have video ads; it looks well put together.

> the information is rock solid but there are no secrets. Common misconception: a good course is not about information; I've never learned any info that couldn't be uncovered with some GoogleFu or a few $15 books in any premium course I've taken. A good course is about structure (e.g. assembling the information in a usable fashion) and accountability (e.g. you paid $750, therefore you'll implement it). The structure here is very good, and allows you to follow along easily. If you're not going to follow along and pause the videos as Mark is doing things to do exactly as he says, you should save your money, as it'll be a giant waste of time and funds.

> some good info on avoiding certain ad placements and also not messing with certain options. Just streamlining the process probably cuts off 15+ hours of random ass rabbit hole testing all the useless options FB has. So that's good.

> on video ads: there's not much here, but they function pretty much the same as regular ads from what I can tell.

> more on info: a decent portion of the stuff is fairly basic, like using the Power Editor; some of the other stuff is covered in his free videos. I was moderately familiar with the ad platform, but had been dragging my feet rolling out a bunch of ads. This info was still fairly redundant, and I definitely wasn't a super power user.

> that being said: Mark is very clear and thorough, so the above might be good if you're intimidated by the platform or not particularly technologically savvy. Keep in mind that I'm 27, so my opinion on the Power Editor's intuitiveness might not be particularly relevant.

> the really valuable stuff is his conversion metrics and targets. This is all gold; seeing how much he spent was an eye-opener, because I thought I was spending a lot on ads. Surprise. I was amateur hour. That was worth $750, easily (which is a weird thing to say). On the other hand, I was freaking out about my 75%+ open rate on the first email of one of my autoresponders, and wondering how to optimize it. Surprise #2: that was really good. Just having things to aim for - and knowing when something is "good enough" - is incredibly helpful.

> there's some pretty clever stuff with the affiliate links (a system to use them for conversion traacking) that I hadn't thought of. Very useful.

> very brief mention of AdEspresso, but no breakdown (I'm assuming Mark doesn't use it); would've liked to see some exploration of A/B split-testing options, but probably not relevant to most authors.

> we'll have to wait and see if the "Ads for Authors" moniker is more than a rebrand. Not a complaint, since I bought this to learn FB. There's a YouTube course, and AMS/Twitter are coming in May, I think. We'll see if those are robust; the YouTube course is obviously much shorter (3 - 4 hours). Again, not a negative - but if you're not gonna use FB, then this course probably isn't going to be super helpful at this point. 

I know that sounds less than glow-y or effusive, but that's not the case. I thought the course was well put together. The structure is really good; most people talk about secrets, so that sounds like death by faint praise. It's not; if a course has terrible structure, it's no better than a collection of random blog posts. This is really easy to implement, which is huge. Nothing you probably don't already know/can't find out if you're at an intermediate level or so, but I think if you are above that level, then it's still easily worth it just for a peek into his dashboard/thought process.

For me, it was important to also have accountability. I don't like Facebook, so I've avoided using it for the most part. I did each of the exercises as I watched the video. I've spent more for other courses, but I decided to immediately do the stuff for the first time with this course. Even the really obvious stuff I would pause along and just do it step-by-step.

Surprise: it worked.

Thus, I recommend it in the following circumstances:

A) you have 40 hours to implement the info (the course is about 18 hours long; double that since you'll be pausing it to do things in real-time)

B) you have a big backlist (5+ books)

C) you have free cash that you won't need in awhile (the initial $750 outlay and $200+ month, minimum); you'll also need some decent images, a website, a landing page, and patience.

D) you're willing to actually implement things immediately as you go along, rather than hoard information. This is probably #1; if you're just gonna watch the videos and then do stuff later, save your $750. Again, 95%+ of the info can be found elsewhere; Mark has even shared some of his ad spends for launches, so even that's not a secret. I've been guilty of information hoarding before; buying courses as "entertainment" and simply watching them without doing much. This goes hand-in-hand with C - you need some money that you can burn without remorse as tuition funds.

E) you're willing to test/tweak. I was testing things really stupidly before. It's not so much that Mark goes into split-testing (he doesn't), rather that I was trying to avoid Facebook as much as possible and thus wasn't using the platform correctly/to benefit my Amazon blurbs etc. I bought the course to force me to use it. Which, again, is a unique user case, since most people can't be torn away from Facebook.

RESULTS

I basically copied what Mark did, just for an urban fantasy book/series. Partially because I was lazy, partially because I just wanted to paint by numbers and see what would happen.

I've added 60 - 70 subs thus far over the past 5 days. Cost $80. Done zero optimization, and my upsells are garbage; the conversion on the landing page is also a sad 28%, so I need to wrangle those pieces of the funnel. Running some Lead Gen ads that are getting me signups at $0.45, which is reasonable in my book. Also, Facebook devoured some money early on, because it thought it was reasonable to charge me $1+ a click. I thought that was unreasonable, but not before it played Hungry Hungry Hippos with a few dollars.

I'm just starting with the paid box sets, so nothing to report (well, 2 sales from an ad I started a few hours ago; not bad). They've been doing kinda okay in AMS (getting page reads and stuff, but AMS likes spending only like three cents a day, so I'm not retiring). Also, AMS' reporting is from like 1998, so who knows exactly what all that's really done.

If I can get this to work with box sets and scale, I'll be ecstatic. Thus far, AMS has resisted all attempts at throwing more filthy lucre its way; since Facebook has no such qualms about vacuuming up enormous amounts of cash, if you find a winner, you can really ride it.

RANDOM STUFF

> Reports of Facebook's decline in effectiveness have been wildly exaggerated. Not to claim that I'm all of a sudden a FB Ads master, but this is easily apparent. I think the super low hanging fruit days are over (a la Amazon, where you didn't even have to upload a cover and could sell hundreds of copies). A few of the examples, as I stated before, looked pretty questionable to me; I would suspect running those in 2017 would yield disappointing results.

> the image is king. Targeting is second. Copy is probably a distant third. So Facebook is a great platform if you're semi-visually savvy, or can write good hooks but hate writing blurbs. Be prepared to get a few images from your designer if you don't have ones you can use. I repurposed some book covers; they've been doing well, because I have a striking picture of eyes that I cropped out.

> As ad spends get higher, I think I'd consider splitting out the ads on a desktop/mobile basis. IIRC, Mark used to do this (it was in the old free videos I saw last year), but it wasn't emphasized that much in the course. Might be easy to miss, so I'll throw in a mention.

> You can set the bid manually and still get clicks. Mark recommends automatic bidding, which works well in most instances; the first ad I put up resulted in some clicks for $1+, which made me almost [crap] myself. But manually setting that to $0.50 dropped it to below that, with Facebook still using the daily budget. So be willing to do that.

WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I CAN'T AFFORD IT?

1) Watch Mark's free videos. See if you can get an ad or two working cheap. Remember, even at $5/day, that's $150/mo. So you still need some money to play, unfortunately.
    2) Join some Instafreebie/author cross promos. You can get like 500+ subs for free, or $20. Facebook can't match that, although I'm not sure how the sub quality compares.
    3) Use standard promo sites that deliver (ENT/Robin Reads etc.)
    4) write more books and save your $$/tweak your cash flow; if you have a larger backlist, that means you can spend more on advertising (whether Facebook or elsewhere) and still turn a profit. Further, each mailing list sub you add is now worth more, since you can sell them more books.

Anyway, I'm glad I joined; it's a good course, and if you meet the right criteria, it's definitely worth $750 without question.

Nick
    « Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 02:19:43 am by Nicholas Erik »

Offline Rae B. Lake

• Imagination without limits
      • View Profile
      • Rae B. Lake
    « Reply #45 on: April 01, 2017, 04:34:41 am »
    This looks sooo intriguing and I need soooo much help with my marketing but I just can't foot this amount. I know that it is an investment, unfortunately my whole book process is an investment, I just don't have an extra 750 bucks to invest. I wish there maybe a less in depth one that is less expensive. I know if I want the best I have to pay for the best but...sheesh, i am going to make myself bankrupt before I even get to publishing the actual book...lol

Rae B. Lake | Blog | Facebook | BookBub

Offline A. N. Other Author

• Staffordshire, UK
      • View Profile
    « Reply #46 on: April 01, 2017, 06:30:21 am »
    Thank you, Nicholas Erik. Awesome post.

AnmaNatsu

« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2017, 04:29:26 pm »
    Nicholas, thank you for the awesome and thorough write up of the course!  It was very helpful, and helped confirm what I already suspected - that I'm not nearly ready to take it as I'm lacking the things needed like a backlist and the $$$ to really get into the ads, while also confirming that when I am at that place, I should give it a whirl :)

Offline morrighansmuse

• Southern California
      • View Profile
    « Reply #48 on: April 01, 2017, 05:36:55 pm »
    I missed signing up for the course the last 2 times and ended up signing up for another course that was a waste of time (wish I had canceled before the 30 days was up) so I swore I'd sign up the next time Mark offered it, and as soon as my royalties came yesterday, I did. I've been doing FB and AMS ads to some degree of success but I knew I could do better. I also needed input from a more knowledgeable group and also more support which I was not getting from the other wanna-be course.  It's a lesson learned and one I'm chalking up to experience. 

I'm also glad Adam Croft chimed in because I have a reason to fangirl a bit. I remember listening to Joanna Penn's podcast and there was another one, too, maybe Rocking Self-Publishing (I could be wrong) and man, but that hook is the best ever. Even I bought the book and my husband, who is an audiobook person, asked me to get the audiobook version after I mentioned the hook.  That's one thing I need to find for my books right now - covers, the right hook, perfect ad copy, and the budget for those ads  ::)

Offline Writer's Block

• View Profile
    « Reply #49 on: April 01, 2017, 06:00:52 pm »
    I enrolled on this go round. Here are my thoughts after watching all the videos over the past 10 days and implementing the info.

Thank you for this, Nick. Excellent post. I have bookmarked to reread later.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement