Author Topic: how to write blurb & front & back matter for romance magnet  (Read 274 times)  

Offline davisbates

• View Profile
how to write blurb & front & back matter for romance magnet
« on: December 04, 2018, 11:55:27 am »
The book's ready & the formatter wants front and back matter.  I think that means a blurb and what else?  And where do I learn how to write these things? Thank you.  Genre: historical romance, regency, Christmas magnet

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline MajesticMonkey

• View Profile
    Re: how to write blurb & front & back matter for romance magnet
    « Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 12:09:00 pm »
    I don't think the formatter wants the blurb necessarily. Unless you want to put that in the front matter (as a few books do).

Maybe she wants to see if you want to include a foreword, contact info, a bonus chapter or a word of thanks to your readers (the typical stuff you find in the front and back matter of ebooks). Go look at some books in your genre, and see what they include in theirs. It might be revealing.

Anyhow... if it's unclear what she wants, why not simply ask her, instead of asking on here? Just my 2 cents.

Offline C. Gold

• View Profile
      • Golden Elm Publishing
    Re: how to write blurb & front & back matter for romance magnet
    « Reply #2 on: December 04, 2018, 03:49:51 pm »
    Front and back matter are the stuff that goes inside the book before and after your story. Things like dedication, foreward, about the author, etc.

I would take a look at Regency books you've enjoyed and admired and see what they include. I tend to use trad pub books as the main guideline since indies can be a bit hodge podge about it.

Since this is a magnet, I would definitely include a link in the back to the next story the reader should read. Perhaps a list of all your works (with working links) at the back.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement