Author Topic: Now that it has been out for a while, Oasis battery question  (Read 923 times)  

Offline mwvickers

• View Profile
Now that the Oasis has been out for a while, and many have had time to read and charge multiple times, do you find the Oasis and cover are still holding their charges very well? 

I tried an Oasis (very, very briefly) but ended up sending it back when it first came out.  Today it is on sale for $50 off, so I am thinking of biting the bullet and trying one again (longer this time). 

Thanks for your thoughts!

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Jen200

• OK
      • View Profile
    Re: Now that it has been out for a while, Oasis battery question
    « Reply #1 on: May 07, 2017, 08:25:31 am »
    I have had my Oasis for a year. It seems to me that the battery is as good today as it was when I got it. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Atunah

• South of Seasons
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: May 07, 2017, 08:36:17 am »
    I ordered mine April 13th, I think it was shipped 2-3 weeks later, so a year. I haven't noticed really any difference in battery from when it was new to today. I read a lot so I do charge the whole shebang every 3-5 days, depending on how much I read. I read the Oasis out of the cover, only on occasion is it in the cover while reading.

So I am still charging it in the same intervals that I have been doing with about the same usage.

Offline The Hooded Claw

• Card-carrying melodrama villain
      • View Profile
      • All about me....<hee hee>
    « Reply #3 on: May 07, 2017, 09:28:52 am »
    My battery life is unchanged. I am one who reads without the battery cover. I have found perhaps four times in the year or so that I've owned it, my Oasis has reached the level where the low charge warning appeared. Usually I can't read that much in one sitting. Naturally I dislike this, but it is worth it to have a slim, light ereader!
    "Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy."  - Albert Einstein

KBoards.com

• Advertisement