Kindle Forum banner

Introducing the Indie Crime Scene

80K views 810 replies 57 participants last post by  Ancient Lawyer 
#1 ·
Some of you may know that I co-run the Speculative Fiction Showcase, a promo blog for all things indie SFF, together with Jessica Rydill. The Showcase has been going for three years now.

However, I don't just write speculative fiction, I also write mystery series, a series of pulpy thrillers and the occasional standalone crime fiction release. And when I was looking for a place to promote the latest release in my mystery series, I looked for the crime and mystery equivalent of the Speculative Fiction Showcase, only to find that there isn't anything like it. So I thought, "Why not create the mystery and crime fiction equivalent to the Speculative Fiction Showcase myself?"

So I spent a few hours and created the Indie Crime Scene, a promo blog for indie mysteries, crime fiction and thrillers. So far there's only a single welcome post, but I hope there'll be more to come in the future.

So if you're an indie or small press author of mysteries (anything from cosy to hardboiled), crime fiction, noir, suspense (romantic or otherwise) or thrillers and you've had a new release within the past approx. thirty days, let me know.

I'm also looking for volunteers willing to help out with the Indie Crime Scene. Because experience with the Speculative Ficton Showcase has shown that it's better if two or three people co-run a blog like this. Besides, it's a lot of fun and you get to meet new authors in your genre.

See less See more
#9 ·
Great idea! It seems that many sites only want to promote free or 99 cent books, but it looks like you're not insisting on that. I published my most recent mystery the end of February, so don't qualify for the recent releases, but with luck, the first book in my new Victorian mystery series will be ready in a few weeks. I'll contact you when it's due for publication. Thanks again!

#13 ·
Glad to see so much interest in the Indie Crime Scene. There have already been submissions as well.

If you have a mystery, crime, suspense, noir or thriller coming out in the near future, feel free to contact me. The submission info is here.

Thank you to those who are interested in helping out. This is what I hope the Indie Crime Scene will feature, based on what we're doing with the Speculative Fiction Showcase:

- New release spotlights: These are posts spotlighting newly released mystery, crime and thriller books. The format is always similar - you can see what it looks like when the first spotlight goes live.
- Author interviews
- Guest posts
- A weekly link round-up of links from around the web about mystery, crime fiction and thrillers. The SFF version of this is one of the most popular features at the Speculative Fiction Showcase, so I'd like to do something similar at the Indie Crime Scene.
- An end of the month round-up of new indie mystery, crime fiction and thriller releases. This is another popular feature at the Speculative Fiction Showcase that I'd like to continue at the Indie Crime Scene.

So if anybody wants to help out and handle e.g. interviews or guest posts or new releases or the round-up, let me know. And if you have any links of interest for the weekly link round-up, please send them to me.

#17 ·
Comment removed due to VS TOS 27/9/2018

#22 ·
Nice. My next book is military sci-fi crime thriller. This might help.

#24 ·
Great to hear from so many of you. I'm looking forward to featuring your upcoming books.

Jack Lord said:
Great job. I've got an indie pulpy action adventure that's coming out in the next few weeks, not sure if that fits, but would love to be a part.
I love me some pulpy adventure fiction (I also write a retro pulp series, though it's not in my sig). Just send me the info, when it comes out and we'll see if it fits.

Kal241 said:
Nice. My next book is military sci-fi crime thriller. This might help.
Depending on the SF to crime ratio, your book might be a better fit for our sister site, the Speculative Fiction Showcase.

Meanwhile, I'm pleased to share the first featured new release at the Indie Crime Scene, Ferrying Riches by A. Woodley, so check it out.

The submission information is here.