Author Topic: KDP Reporting  (Read 498 times)  

Offline Jonathan C. Gillespie

• Atlanta, GA
  • Relentlessly Patient
    • View Profile
    • Fiction For Every Reader
KDP Reporting
« on: June 14, 2017, 05:04:17 am »
Okay, is it just me, or has the reporting dashboard been much slower since the change to the new report formats?

I write worlds on paper, then destroy them.
Jonathan C. Gillespie | Official Site | Twitter | facebook | Newsletter

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Online Patty Jansen

• Sydney, Australia
    • Destroyer of Science Fiction
      • View Profile
      • Patty Jansen Author of SF and fantasy
    Re: KDP Reporting
    « Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 05:17:23 am »
    The only thing I notice about the reporting side of new dashboard is that it does not jump up and down anymore.

Previously the red line would tell me I'd sold--say--25 copies that day, and then a bit later it would say 27, and then next thing it'd go back to 25, and then back to 27 until it finally settled. My HB who's in IT and works with huge online databases said that it was a sign of a poorly synched back system. It's gone now. The graph doesn't do it anymore.

Offline edwardgtalbot

• Amherst, MA
    • Thriller and short story author
      • View Profile
      • author website for Edward G. Talbot
    Re: KDP Reporting
    « Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 09:05:23 am »
    The only thing I notice about the reporting side of new dashboard is that it does not jump up and down anymore.

Previously the red line would tell me I'd sold--say--25 copies that day, and then a bit later it would say 27, and then next thing it'd go back to 25, and then back to 27 until it finally settled. My HB who's in IT and works with huge online databases said that it was a sign of a poorly synched back system. It's gone now. The graph doesn't do it anymore.
    I have noticed this as well. I think "poorly synced" is technically correct but perhaps too pejorative. Amazon has a system of prioritizing processes. Being able to display product pages and collect funds is the highest priority. It goes down from there. Keeping the hundreds or thousands of servers involved with delivering sales numbers to the dashboard in sync is a low priority.  Which is probably good decision.
    What if everyone IS out to get you?

Edward G. Talbot | Web Site

KBoards.com

• Advertisement