Author Topic: Free Comprehensive Self-Publishing Course  (Read 706 times)  

Offline Word Fan

• View Profile

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline unkownwriter

• View Profile
    Re: Free Comprehensive Self-Publishing Course
    « Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 02:03:09 pm »
    Okay, with apologies to David, but this cracked me up:

(Full disclosure: I'm not an affiliate of this course, I don't know Iain at all, and I'm only recommending it because I think it looks good. The only thing I'm an affiliate of is Amazon. Any time I link to a book on here, it's probably an affiliate link. Unless I'm a dumbass and forget, like I did with that scammer post which had 70,000 views *weeps*.)

I'll check out the course, because it goes beyond beginner stuff, which I don't need, and according to David, gets down to some more advanced stuff I do. Thanks for posting the link!

Edited to fix punctuation stuff in the quoted part.

Offline Elizabeth Ann West

• San Antonio, TX
    • Our doubts are traitors...
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 06:20:50 pm »
    Fifty hours of video? Why doesn't he just write a book that people could read in a few hours?

I'd rather pay for a book I can flip through looking for the worthwhile parts rather than spend fifty hours watching videos for free hoping there's something good in there.

Video lessons without transcripts is always my litmus test on any coursework. I'm a busy Mom. I don't even sit through video for entertainment without interruption. As I'm being interrupted by a minion right now who is 8 with an iPad in her hands asking for food.

Jane-of-all-trades, mistress to none!
    Elizabeth Ann West | Read chapters for free! | WhatAuthorsNeedtoKnow.com

Offline Jim Johnson

• Alexandria, VA
    • Storyteller and Cat Minion
      • View Profile
      • Ineti Press
    « Reply #3 on: August 30, 2017, 06:33:37 pm »
    Thanks for the link! Always happy to check out another author's work and course to see what tools might be added to my own toolbox. I work from home and have my personal computer right next to my work computer, so I can run these videos in the background while I'm working.

Offline Word Fan

• View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: August 30, 2017, 07:15:11 pm »
    Thanks for the link! Always happy to check out another author's work and course to see what tools might be added to my own toolbox. I work from home and have my personal computer right next to my work computer, so I can run these videos in the background while I'm working.

Good idea!

Offline Awasin

• View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: August 30, 2017, 08:24:39 pm »
    The videos in this course can be played up to double-speed (the litmus test for me in evaluating a course).  Plus, they're broken down by topic so you can pick what interests you.  I don't think too many members here would need to watch the full 50 hours, but there's probably something of use for nearly everyone.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement