Kindle Forum banner

New 10" Fire tablet

6K views 32 replies 18 participants last post by  CarolineAM 
#1 ·
See less See more
#3 ·
My old 7" and my original Fire tablet are fine. I have two of the HD8 and they constantly drop off the Internet. I think I'll wait and see if this one is an improvement. I spend a lot of time on my tablets. I watch TV on them every day and frequently access the Internet on them and I want something that will stay connected. The tech that restored my Internet the other day said this is a problem with the Fire tablets.

#6 ·
Amazon had me at "1080p"!!! Not that that's so impressive, especially for a 10 inch tablet but its been awhile since Amazon put out a full HD screen on a Fire tablet so it should be a good upgrade from my Fire HD8 2016. But for $150 starting price I think its a steal and improvements across the board from RAM at 2GB to 2 hours more battery life just sweetens the deal. Plus the extra screen real estate is welcome too. I have an IPad Pro 10.5 but I've been using my Fire HD8 or my Oasis to read kindle books so I have something to do while the Pro charges. But I definitely think ill be getting this new HD10!!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

#9 ·
I won't be buying one, but I'm glad Amazon isn't giving up on large tablets. Apple and Samsung need the competition to keep them feeling the pressure.

#12 ·
avixtel said:
Hi all! I just want to buy this tablet, but price - hmm :D Cheap and slow product? :D
See, I don't think so . . . . I think it's probably not as zippy as a high end android or iThing, but I suspect for most people it will be exactly what they need. And the price is right. :)

But, if you're concerned: Amazon always has a 30 day return period, so if you get it and don't like it, you can return it within 30 days and get a full refund less shipping. If you don't buy it until November 1, they usually do a 'holiday return period' which gives you until the end of next January to evaluate the product -- even if you're not giving it as a gift.

#14 ·
Well I just ordered the All-New Fire HD 10 Tablet with Alexa Hands-Free, 10.1″ 1080p Full HD Display, 64 GB
for $189.99 Free Shipping for Prime Members
Due 10-11-2017
I have a HD8 with 32GB of memory plus a 64GB microSD card.
But my Grandson loves it so I told him Ok I will give that one to you.
I am looking forward to try reading PDF on this guy
10.1" 1080p Full HD display (1920 x 1200) with over 2 million pixels (224 ppi) I can also Enjoy widescreen movies, Youtube videos with wide viewing angles, less glare, and more brightness thanks to a stunning IPS (in-plane-switching) LCD display.
Has 2 quad-core processors. Two 1.8 GHz cores and two 1.4 GHz cores ,and up to 10 hours of mixed-use battery life
One feature I like on Kindle HD is Blue Shade, an exclusive Fire OS feature that automatically adjusts and optimizes the backlight for a more comfortable nighttime reading experience.
should FLY !!
PS: ordered a case on Amazon too first one I ordered was 40 bucks then I looked around read a article about the cases found on on Amazon Infiland All-New Fire HD 10 2017 Case - Premium Folio Smart Stand Cover with Auto Wake/ Sleep Function for All-New Fire HD 10 Tablet 10.1" (7th Generation, 2017 Release ) got it for $10.95 with prime shipping beats 40 bucks :)

#19 ·
My Fire 10 tablet arrived yesterday.  Here are my first reactions:
A few things about the Fire 10 that I like very much.

It has a help center that is as good or better than the "Mayday" on my HDX. I used it to help me load the "Insight Timer" app which isn't part of the Amazon apps.  I sideloaded it as an apk for android and it was easy to do.

Hands free Alexa is nice.  Since I have the Echo it will find the nearest device to respond to me. Blueshade for night reading is good and I haven't had that before. I bought the cover that is recommended for it and that is useful. I can't imagine having the Fire 10 in any other cover because of ease of use.  Extra memory, better battery life, and definitely better sound quality. That was very poor on the 7 and 8's.  Just as good as the HDX sound.

Organization is excellent and a real improvement.  On the settings pull down the "Help" section is outstanding. Especially hard things to find in previous Fire's like "Borrowing from the Lending Library" is under "Help Video's.

#23 ·
got mine yesterday as well, i will be getting a cover and i think i'll just go ahead and get the amazon one i;m tired of the generic chines ones, plus they cannot stand in portrait mode. The back is too slippery for holding without one and its a bit wide to hold comfortably. I think the screen is a tad on the dim side, still much better than the previous gen, it's really nice for Magazines and comics. he sound is a lot nicer than my 2017 iPad and better stereo separation too. Screen is better on the iPad but this was half the price. Put a 128gb card in for content. Had a Hundred dollar gift card so this only cost me $60 so i cannot complain

#26 ·
I caved on this one because I thought having a bigger screen would be more enjoyable for games and videos, and maybe light reading.  (I'm a big fan of the HD 8.)

My first thoughts on this one is that the screen is nice, but it's a wee bit heavier than I expected. And the weight seems to be distributed oddly, so I haven't found a good way to hold it.  I'm debating whether a case would help with that.

Also, I think it is still doing adaptive lighting, even though I turned that off (or at least I think I turned it off).

So, the jury is still out on this one.  It's not the instant winner I expected. 

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.