Author Topic: Swagbucks....  (Read 519182 times)  

Offline cheerio

• View Profile
Re: Swagbucks....
« Reply #125 on: April 11, 2010, 10:46:45 am »
hmm, i might need to look into that
"Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt

"A successful person is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him or her." David Brinkle

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline mlewis78

• New York, NY
    • Member #3406
      • View Profile
    « Reply #126 on: April 13, 2010, 10:28:28 pm »
    Even though I did a bunch of searches through Swagbucks on Tuesday, I got no new bucks.  Just now I did some and got 17 on one and 12 on another.  I'm up to 438, so almost there for first $5 Amazon GC.
    New York, NY
    Flutist, retired legal word processing operator
    Readers:  Oasis 2, Kindle Fire 8 HD Plus, Paperwhite 2 (2013) (gave away), Fire HDX 8.9" (won't hold a charge now), Fire HD6 (2014 pink), 2012 K4(black), K4(silver), KFHD 7", K3 that won't charge, Kindle DX (US), Sony PRS-350, B&N Nook STR and Bookeen Cybook Opus

Offline farrellclaire

• Ireland
      • View Profile
    « Reply #127 on: April 14, 2010, 04:19:43 am »
    I signed up a few days ago because of this thread but I haven't earned anything by searching yet.  I think I broke swagbucks  :o

Offline pidgeon92

• Chicago IL
    • Nothin' but a hound dog.
      • View Profile
      • Carmen-Ashland Building
    « Reply #128 on: April 14, 2010, 08:39:59 am »
    I signed up a few days ago because of this thread but I haven't earned anything by searching yet.  I think I broke swagbucks  :o

You often need to click through to the second or third page of the results to get anything.
       my e-readers: Kindle 2 Kindle 3 nook iPad Sony-950

Offline Betsy the Quilter

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
    • Alexandria, VA
    • Love all, moderate all, to quote my friend Harvey.
      • View Profile
      • Betsy True Designs
    « Reply #129 on: April 14, 2010, 08:52:23 am »
    I typicaly (but not aways) get swagbucks in the morning, midday and evening, but not if I've been searching all day long...I leave a space of time between searches.  Somestimes I do the same search back to back, and the first time I do not get a reward, and the second time I do.

Sometimes the reward pops up when I actually click on something to look at rather than just going through the pages of the search.

The problem lately is that I've been working through Safari on my iPad, and not doing searches through my Swagbucks toolbar. ;)

Betsy
    Goodreads Goal -- 75 books

Joined 10/27/2008  | Miss you, Harvey, Jeff & Dona!
    Harvey Chute (1962-2015), KB Founder

Proud Owner: Oasis/Voyage/Touch/Basic/K1/Fire HDX    KB Member #72
    Betsy True Designs Facebook | My Store

Offline bkworm8it

• Pacific Northwest
      • View Profile
    « Reply #130 on: April 14, 2010, 09:38:44 am »
    I need to figure out how to change my itouch to use swagbucks so I could get more :)   

Theresam
    So many good books, so little time!

Offline cheerio

• View Profile
    « Reply #131 on: April 14, 2010, 02:13:19 pm »

it takes time

"A successful person is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him or her." David Brinkle

Offline cheerio

• View Profile
    « Reply #132 on: April 20, 2010, 11:25:42 am »
    yeah, it doesnt work for all international users

Offline Aprille

• Texas
      • View Profile
      • Aprille's Swag Bucks Help Blog
    « Reply #133 on: April 28, 2010, 11:20:44 am »
    Just dropping in to say THANK YOU for all the information in this thread! I signed up last Thursday and cashed in for my first $5 Amazon GC yesterday. I already have another 109 swag bucks since I cashed in the first 450. Gotta love FREE money!  ;D
    Aprille's Swag Bucks Help Blog
    Want to earn Amazon gift cards for free?! Click above to find out how to win digital dollars from Swag Bucks and sign up today to start winning!

Offline kindlemama

• View Profile
    « Reply #134 on: April 28, 2010, 03:19:43 pm »
    Wow, how are you getting them so quickly?  It took me 3 weeks to get my first $5 GC.   :-\

Offline Aprille

• Texas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #135 on: April 28, 2010, 06:15:29 pm »
    Wow, how are you getting them so quickly?  It took me 3 weeks to get my first $5 GC.   :-\

Besides the searches - special offers (that don't include downloads as that is where the spyware/malware lurks - there are lots of videos to watch for SBs), swag codes (install the Swidget to find out when codes are available - typically once per day), and tasks (in the Special Offers link on Wall 1). Tedious and time-consuming? Yes. But soooo worthwhile!!! Also, SB has a FB page with a discussion board with loads of info in addition to the VERY active wall. Also, keep an eye on the blog for code alerts.

Oh, and DO install the SB toolbar. That download is safe. You get SBs each day just for logging in to the toolbar.

Happy Swagging!  :D
    Want to earn Amazon gift cards for free?! Click above to find out how to win digital dollars from Swag Bucks and sign up today to start winning!

Offline pidgeon92

• Chicago IL
      • View Profile
    « Reply #136 on: April 28, 2010, 06:40:19 pm »
    Wow, how are you getting them so quickly?  It took me 3 weeks to get my first $5 GC.   :-\

Don't feel bad.... It always takes me a good month and a half.

Offline bkworm8it

• Pacific Northwest
      • View Profile
    « Reply #137 on: April 28, 2010, 07:51:05 pm »
    I seem to get them more often when I'm looking up stuff for school. Seems medical terms almost always gives me a few coupons in the same day. Also looking up images as well helps.
    So many good books, so little time!

Offline mlewis78

• New York, NY
    • Member #3406
      • View Profile
    « Reply #138 on: April 28, 2010, 07:53:50 pm »
    I've got 799 swagbucks now.  Seems best to do the searches at different times of the day, as others have suggested.  Will buy the first Amazon GC one of these days.  $5 seems like such a small one.  Is it OK to buy two at once for $900?  Or buy a $5 one and then buy another $5 one?
    New York, NY
    Readers:  Oasis 2, Kindle Fire 8 HD Plus, Paperwhite 2 (2013) (gave away), Fire HDX 8.9" (won't hold a charge now), Fire HD6 (2014 pink), 2012 K4(black), K4(silver), KFHD 7", K3 that won't charge, Kindle DX (US), Sony PRS-350, B&N Nook STR and Bookeen Cybook Opus

Offline kindlemama

• View Profile
    « Reply #139 on: April 28, 2010, 11:04:56 pm »
    Thanks for the info.  I can't get the Swidget because I don't have Facebook, blog, website, etc. 

Another question: when they finally give you the GC (which I think I read was on the 1st and 17th of each month), how do they give it to you?  Do they send you an email with a code, or do they actually send you a GC?

Does anyone else ever have the problem where you're told you've won some bucks (when you're searching for something), but then it flashes off, or it tells you to enter the code and there's no code (just a little red x in a box)?  It happens to me quite a bit, but one day it happened about 5 times and I never ended up getting any bucks that day.   :'(

Offline Aprille

• Texas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #140 on: April 29, 2010, 03:06:34 am »
    You can redeem up to 5 Amazon GCs per month. Once you purchase a GC with your SBs, you will get a confirmation email with a link to "verify" your purchase. Then on or around the 1st or 17th of the month you will receive another email telling you that your GC is available in your SB account. I haven't gotten my first one yet but my understanding is that in your SB account will be the activation code to add the GC to your Amazon account.

I've already earned 22 this morning. 3 for using the toolbar. 1 for NOSO (no obligation special offers - click on the Special Offer link on the homepage, click on Go Now under the no obligation offers and just "skip to next offer" all the way through - I get one or two this way each day). 1 for the Quest video on the homepage. 4 for the Bing video on the homepage. And 13 for a search.

Winning on a search is nothing but timing. My search this morning was "show me the swagbucks". :D It's completely random but you should be able to win 1 to 3 searches per day.

You would need to average 75 SBs per day to redeem 5 Amazon GCs in a month. I'm averaging just under that in the one week I've been signed up. Yesterday was a good day at 91. There were some easy SOs reported on the SB FB wall. One was simply "liking" the Windows 7 FB page. Got 8 for that and once I was credited I "unliked" the page.  ;) I've also created an email account to use for the SOs that require you register with a valid email address.  ;)

So there are all kinds of ways to earn SBs with no investment but time.

Offline Aprille

• Texas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #141 on: April 29, 2010, 03:09:30 am »
    Does anyone else ever have the problem where you're told you've won some bucks (when you're searching for something), but then it flashes off, or it tells you to enter the code and there's no code (just a little red x in a box)?  It happens to me quite a bit, but one day it happened about 5 times and I never ended up getting any bucks that day.   :'(

I haven't had this happen. How frustrating! Maybe a browser issue?? What browser are you using? I use Firefox.

Offline mlewis78

• New York, NY
    • Member #3406
      • View Profile
    « Reply #142 on: April 29, 2010, 05:06:10 am »
    Whenever they've asked me to type in the code to get the bucks just won (to "make sure it's for a human"), I've seen the letters. 
    New York, NY

Offline cheerio

• View Profile
    « Reply #143 on: April 29, 2010, 08:19:31 am »
    I have had to enter the code every once and a while, I am up to 3 to 4 $5 gift cards a month, i love it

Offline kindlemama

• View Profile
    « Reply #144 on: April 29, 2010, 08:29:50 am »
    Thanks for all the info, Aprille!  It really helps to know step by step what you do.  I think the most I've earned in a day was 30!

Offline Aprille

• Texas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #145 on: April 29, 2010, 11:09:11 am »
    Thanks for all the info, Aprille!  It really helps to know step by step what you do.  I think the most I've earned in a day was 30!

You're welcome! If you have any other questions, ask away! If I know the answer I'll happily give it. The FB fan page and DB have been invaluable.

I almost hate to tell y'all this but I had a SO pay out today for 2,565 SBs!!! So in less than a week I earned enough SBs to max out on Amazon GCs for April and already have enough for 2 in May. :D
    « Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 11:10:53 am by Aprille »

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
    • Alexandria, VA
      • View Profile
      • Betsy True Designs
    « Reply #146 on: April 29, 2010, 11:15:37 am »
    There's a code today, I think it's still valid.

Betsy

Offline pidgeon92

• Chicago IL
      • View Profile
    « Reply #147 on: April 29, 2010, 11:32:43 am »
    There's a code today, I think it's still valid.

Where? I don't see anything on the blog or Swidget.

• Alexandria, VA
      • View Profile
      • Betsy True Designs
    « Reply #148 on: April 29, 2010, 11:37:20 am »
    Aargh...I thought it was valid until 1 PM PDT...apparently not and now I can't get the code page I looked at to pop again.  Must have expired at 2PM.   

Betsy

Offline Aprille

• Texas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #149 on: April 29, 2010, 11:44:04 am »
    Ah, yes, sorry - the code expired at 11am PDT. :-[ It had expired by the time I posted last. There has been a code every day since I signed up. Today's was only 3 SBs if that makes you feel any better. Yesterday was 14!

I'll try to remember to post over here whenever I see a code available.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement