Author Topic: Swagbucks....  (Read 519187 times)  

Offline Betsy the Quilter

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
  • Alexandria, VA
  • Love all, moderate all, to quote my friend Harvey.
    • View Profile
    • Betsy True Designs
Re: Swagbucks....
« Reply #150 on: April 29, 2010, 11:47:53 am »
Just remember not to post the actual code as that is a violation of the Swagbucks terms.  ;D

Betsy
Goodreads Goal -- 75 books

Joined 10/27/2008  | Miss you, Harvey, Jeff & Dona!
Harvey Chute (1962-2015), KB Founder

Proud Owner: Oasis/Voyage/Touch/Basic/K1/Fire HDX    KB Member #72
Betsy True Designs Facebook | My Store

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Aprille

• Texas
      • View Profile
      • Aprille's Swag Bucks Help Blog
    « Reply #151 on: April 29, 2010, 12:39:43 pm »
    Just remember not to post the actual code as that is a violation of the Swagbucks terms.  ;D

Oh, yes ma'am. That I know.  :)
    Aprille's Swag Bucks Help Blog
    Want to earn Amazon gift cards for free?! Click above to find out how to win digital dollars from Swag Bucks and sign up today to start winning!

Offline pidgeon92

• Chicago IL
    • Nothin' but a hound dog.
      • View Profile
      • Carmen-Ashland Building
    « Reply #152 on: April 29, 2010, 12:44:07 pm »
    Yes, please, do post where codes are hiding. I always miss them by like 15 minutes.  :P
       my e-readers: Kindle 2 Kindle 3 nook iPad Sony-950

Offline Aprille

• Texas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #153 on: April 29, 2010, 01:21:53 pm »
    Yes, please, do post where codes are hiding. I always miss them by like 15 minutes.  :P

Will do.  :)
    Want to earn Amazon gift cards for free?! Click above to find out how to win digital dollars from Swag Bucks and sign up today to start winning!

Offline Aprille

• Texas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #154 on: April 29, 2010, 04:17:37 pm »
    CODE ALERT!!!

Valid until 5:00pm PDT

good for 12 SBs!

Check the blog: Stylin' and Swag Profilin'

Offline pidgeon92

• Chicago IL
    • Nothin' but a hound dog.
      • View Profile
      • Carmen-Ashland Building
    « Reply #155 on: April 29, 2010, 04:40:22 pm »
    Good grief. I cannot figure this one out.
       my e-readers: Kindle 2 Kindle 3 nook iPad Sony-950

Offline Jaasy

• Texas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #156 on: April 29, 2010, 05:02:49 pm »
    I blew that one, couldn't figure it out!

Offline Aprille

• Texas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #157 on: April 29, 2010, 05:09:46 pm »
    I'm sorry, Jaasy. It was a HARD one! I had to get help from hints on the SB FB fan page wall. I never would have figured it out on my own. I'll try to catch it in time to give more hints next time.

Offline libros_lego

• California
      • View Profile
    « Reply #158 on: April 29, 2010, 06:43:31 pm »
    I got the letters and number, but it wouldn't work  :(
    "Don't do what you can't undo, until you've considered what you can't do once you've done it."--King Shrewd (Assassin's Apprentice by Robin Hobb)

Offline Aprille

• Texas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #159 on: April 29, 2010, 07:30:29 pm »
    I got the letters and number, but it wouldn't work  :(

You had to unscramble it into a word hinted at in the blog. I think it's okay to post the code after it's expired. But to play it safe, I'll send it to you in a PM.  ;)

Offline libros_lego

• California
      • View Profile
    « Reply #160 on: April 29, 2010, 07:31:19 pm »
    Haha...okay, I feel stupid now.  ::)
    "Don't do what you can't undo, until you've considered what you can't do once you've done it."--King Shrewd (Assassin's Apprentice by Robin Hobb)

Offline Aprille

• Texas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #161 on: April 29, 2010, 07:33:43 pm »
    Haha...okay, I feel stupid now.  ::)

Don't feel stupid!! This was the hardest one I've seen. Like I said, I never would have figured it out on my own. I needed all the hints flying on the SB FB fan page while the code was still active.

Offline kindlemama

• View Profile
    « Reply #162 on: April 29, 2010, 09:37:41 pm »
    Aprille, what does DB stand for?  

Also, I tried to do the Stylin' and Swag Profilin' hunt, and I couldn't find one code.  I guess I wasn't looking in the right place.  I looked at all the links that were highlighted like "a Business Card," "a keychain," etc., but didn't find any letters.
    « Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 09:42:50 pm by kindlemama »

Offline Aprille

• Texas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #163 on: April 30, 2010, 05:17:50 am »
    Aprille, what does DB stand for?  

Also, I tried to do the Stylin' and Swag Profilin' hunt, and I couldn't find one code.  I guess I wasn't looking in the right place.  I looked at all the links that were highlighted like "a Business Card," "a keychain," etc., but didn't find any letters.

DB = Discussion Board. The Swag Bucks Facebook fan page has a discussion board. Good info there. But the fan page wall is where the action is and that's where you can get live hints when a code is active. I never would have figured out last night's code without it.

The letters for the code were below each product description in quotes and when on a code hunt you must pay attention to capitalization. The business card was the only item you needed to use the link in the blog to access. The other 7 items were in the Swagstore under Apparel and Accessories > Swag Gear. The business cards were sold out so that's why you had to use the blog link.

There were 8 letters total and you then had to unscramble them to make a word that was hinted to in the blog and then add the total number to the end of the word.

Here's a link to a blog that breaks down the swag codes after they expire. They don't have this one posted yet but you can get an idea of how the codes work: http://tattooastronomy.blogspot.com/

I promise they're not usually this hard!!  :D

Offline Aprille

• Texas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #164 on: April 30, 2010, 05:28:11 am »
    I missed a code in the wee hours. I can't believe they did 3 in one day! It was posted on the blog and aimed at Euro-Swaggers. It was a simple copy and paste code for 7 SBs. I hate that I missed it especially after that HARD one last night! :P The blog posted at midnight PDT and the code expired at 1:00am PDT. I first logged on at 3:00am PDT so I missed it by a couple of hours. I promise to be on better patrol today!  :D

Fridays are called Mega Swag Bucks Friday (or something like that) and supposedly you have better odds of winning more on Fridays. Many are reporting search wins this morning at 36 SBs a pop. I got my usual 13.  :-\

Good luck today, fellow Swaggers!  :)

Offline Aprille

• Texas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #165 on: April 30, 2010, 10:27:48 am »
    ***EASY SPECIAL OFFER ALERT***

There  an offer on the homepage today for 114 swag bucks. It is Consumer Advisory (dark blue box near the end - 7th or 8th page as you arrow through the offers) and all you have to do is register and complete a very short survey. You'll get an email to activate the account. My SBs were awarded within an hour.

Plus there should be a couple of videos for a total of 5. Qwest for 1 and Bing for 4. They disappear once you watch them but they usually pop back up the next day.

I already have 164 SBs for the day and that is with only one search win for 13.

Offline rho

• ny
    • aka rho1640 on Word with Friends member 1975
      • View Profile
    « Reply #166 on: April 30, 2010, 10:52:27 am »
    ***EASY SPECIAL OFFER ALERT***

There  an offer on the homepage today for 114 swag bucks. It is Consumer Advisory (dark blue box near the end - 7th or 8th page as you arrow through the offers) and all you have to do is register and complete a very short survey. You'll get an email to activate the account. My SBs were awarded within an hour.

Plus there should be a couple of videos for a total of 5. Qwest for 1 and Bing for 4. They disappear once you watch them but they usually pop back up the next day.

I already have 164 SBs for the day and that is with only one search win for 13.

well I am a ditz because I can't find this one
    rho

I've gotten over $125 in Amazon Gift Cards using this as my search engine

Offline Aprille

• Texas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #167 on: April 30, 2010, 11:00:44 am »
    well I am a ditz because I can't find this one

It's hard to find. It's a dark blue box with yellow lettering and it has 114 below it. Mine was a couple of offers to the right of a Blockbuster offer. I clicked the right arrow 8 times to get to it. Hope this helps!

Offline kindlemama

• View Profile
    « Reply #168 on: April 30, 2010, 12:07:13 pm »
    Thanks, Aprille (I like how you spell your name -- sounds French : ), I took the survey.  I hope I don't end up getting a bunch of junk mail!  How were you notified you got the swag bucks?

Also, how do you get the swag bucks after watching a video?  Do they notify you by email or what?

Sorry to be so lame about all this, but I'm still pretty confused!   ???

Offline rho

• ny
    • aka rho1640 on Word with Friends member 1975
      • View Profile
    « Reply #169 on: April 30, 2010, 12:20:36 pm »
    It's hard to find. It's a dark blue box with yellow lettering and it has 114 below it. Mine was a couple of offers to the right of a Blockbuster offer. I clicked the right arrow 8 times to get to it. Hope this helps!

got it thanks - :D
    rho

I've gotten over $125 in Amazon Gift Cards using this as my search engine

Offline Aprille

• Texas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #170 on: April 30, 2010, 01:01:31 pm »
    Thanks, Aprille (I like how you spell your name -- sounds French : ), I took the survey.  I hope I don't end up getting a bunch of junk mail!  How were you notified you got the swag bucks?

Also, how do you get the swag bucks after watching a video?  Do they notify you by email or what?

Sorry to be so lame about all this, but I'm still pretty confused!   ???

Oh, I created an email address (on Yahoo) specifically for doing these special offers so I won't get tons of junk mail in my regular inbox. I *did* mention that in an earlier post. Sorry if you used your regular address. You probably will get junk mail from it but maybe you can unsubscribe??

You should have a confirmation email from them with a link to verify your account with Consumer Advisory. Check your junk mail if you don't see it. You need to click the link and login to your account before you'll get the SBs.

My SBs were visible on my "View Account" link immediately but it was about half an hour before they showed up on the homepage Account Summary.

As for the videos. Same deal. I usually see them immediately on the "View Account" link but it takes up to half an hour or so for them to show up on the homepage.

P.S. My mother has never been able to explain to me why she spelled my name the way she did. She just wanted it to be different. Like April wasn't unusual enough half a century ago.  :P I hated it as a kid but I've grown to appreciate it.  :)
    « Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 01:05:38 pm by Aprille »

Offline Aprille

• Texas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #171 on: April 30, 2010, 01:02:23 pm »

Offline Aprille

• Texas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #172 on: April 30, 2010, 01:04:52 pm »
    BTW, no codes today. The latest blog explains why. There was some Survivor contest yesterday to determine how many codes would be released today and apparently the results were zero.  :P

Offline kindlemama

• View Profile
    « Reply #173 on: April 30, 2010, 01:19:52 pm »
    Oops, I do remember you saying you set up a fake email address.  I don't know how to do that, but I guess if I head on over to Yahoo! (which I never go to), I should be able to figure it out.

On an happier note, I already got my Swag Bucks!  (I just checked.)  Wow!  I went from 295 to 409 just like that!  Thanks so much, Aprille!

Offline Aprille

• Texas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #174 on: April 30, 2010, 01:26:30 pm »
    Oops, I do remember you saying you set up a fake email address.  I don't know how to do that, but I guess if I head on over to Yahoo! (which I never go to), I should be able to figure it out.

It's easy to set up a free email account on Yahoo (or Google/Gmail). If you have any problems, just post here or shoot me a PM. And it's not a FAKE email address, it's an *auxiliary* email address. ;)

On an happier note, I already got my Swag Bucks!  (I just checked.)  Wow!  I went from 295 to 409 just like that!  Thanks so much, Aprille!

YAY! Stick with me and I'll help you get a pile of SBs. :D
    « Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 02:24:20 pm by Aprille »

KBoards.com

• Advertisement