Author Topic: Swagbucks....  (Read 519188 times)  

Offline pidgeon92

• Chicago IL
  • Nothin' but a hound dog.
    • View Profile
    • Carmen-Ashland Building
Re: Swagbucks....
« Reply #175 on: April 30, 2010, 02:06:26 pm »
Ooh, I like taking surveys. I never looked at that special offer section on the front page of Swagbucks. I can see how you accumulate your points so quickly now. Here I am all excited when I get more than 10 points in a day.  ;D
   my e-readers: Kindle 2 Kindle 3 nook iPad Sony-950

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Jaasy

• Texas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #176 on: April 30, 2010, 02:13:13 pm »
    OOOohhhhh, I got mine.  Thanks Aprille.

Offline pidgeon92

• Chicago IL
    • Nothin' but a hound dog.
      • View Profile
      • Carmen-Ashland Building
    « Reply #177 on: April 30, 2010, 02:27:07 pm »
    Yay. I went from 193 to 336!
       my e-readers: Kindle 2 Kindle 3 nook iPad Sony-950

Offline Aprille

• Texas
      • View Profile
      • Aprille's Swag Bucks Help Blog
    « Reply #178 on: April 30, 2010, 02:36:06 pm »
    Oh, YAY for Verena and Jaasy!! I'm so happy to be helping people earn some easy swag bucks!!  ;D

I'm thinking about writing a little tutorial mainly compiling the info I've already posted in various replies here. What do you think?
    « Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 02:40:43 pm by Aprille »
    Aprille's Swag Bucks Help Blog
    Want to earn Amazon gift cards for free?! Click above to find out how to win digital dollars from Swag Bucks and sign up today to start winning!

Offline cheerio

• View Profile
    « Reply #179 on: April 30, 2010, 03:28:40 pm »
    Just redeemed enough to get $10 in Amazon gift cards
    "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt

"A successful person is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him or her." David Brinkle

Offline Aprille

• Texas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #180 on: April 30, 2010, 03:31:44 pm »
    Just redeemed enough to get $10 in Amazon gift cards

WOOHOO! Gotta love free money!!! :D
    Want to earn Amazon gift cards for free?! Click above to find out how to win digital dollars from Swag Bucks and sign up today to start winning!

Offline kindlemama

• View Profile
    « Reply #181 on: April 30, 2010, 04:52:50 pm »
    Woah, I just had to share.  I just got home from the grocery store where I bought a $50 Amazon GC.  I went on Swag Bucks, typed in Amazon (so I could input my GC code), and I won 36 Swag Bucks!!!  It's the first time I've ever gotten that much for a search.

Aprille, I will go set up an "auxliary" email addy.   ;)  Will also post if I come across any Swag Bucks giveaways.

Thanks again for your help!

pidgeon92, did you sign up for MySurvey.com that someone mentioned here a few weeks ago?  You can win Amazon GCs there too.  I've only taken (been offered) a few surveys, so it might take me 10 years get a $5 GC!  Good news is, I haven't gotten any junk mail since signing on with them, so I think they're safe in that regard.

Offline Aprille

• Texas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #182 on: April 30, 2010, 05:06:10 pm »
    Woah, I just had to share.  I just got home from the grocery store where I bought a $50 Amazon GC.  I went on Swag Bucks, typed in Amazon (so I could input my GC code), and I won 36 Swag Bucks!!!  It's the first time I've ever gotten that much for a search.

YEEHAW!!!  ;D

Offline Jaasy

• Texas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #183 on: April 30, 2010, 05:20:45 pm »
    Thanks Kindlemama, I typed in Amazon and got 36 too!

Offline Jaasy

• Texas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #184 on: April 30, 2010, 05:24:29 pm »
    pidgeon92, I belong to MySurvey.  It does take a long time, I've only gotten one Amazon GC.

I belong to Harris OnLine and it takes a long time for those points to accumulate too...

Offline Aprille

• Texas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #185 on: April 30, 2010, 05:50:29 pm »
    Well, I was going to report another easy special offer alert for 13 SBs but I haven't been credited yet and it's been nearly an hour. It's on the homepage. Betty Crocker - sign up for an email newsletter. I have a confirmation email so if I don't get credited by tomorrow, I'll report it.

It's worth a shot. If you try, let me know if you get the SBs.

Offline kindlemama

• View Profile
    « Reply #186 on: April 30, 2010, 06:04:47 pm »
    Wow, Jaasy, I didn't realize the bucks were associated with what was typed in; I just thought it was my time to win.  Interesting.

Congrats on the bucks!   ;D

Offline kindlemama

• View Profile
    « Reply #187 on: April 30, 2010, 06:21:27 pm »
    Aprille, I signed up for Betty Crocker but haven't gotten any bucks yet.  I did watch the Scion video and was awarded 3 bucks immediately. 

I'm up to 448 bucks!  Only 2 more to go!  Woohooo!

Between Swag Bucks and Words with Friends, I haven't touched my Kindle in days!!!!

https://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,22979.0.html

Offline mlewis78

• New York, NY
    • Member #3406
      • View Profile
    « Reply #188 on: April 30, 2010, 06:24:01 pm »
    A lot of people on the facebook wall think it matters what you search for.  I've used a few of theirs and occasionally got swagbucks, but I think it's timing.  I generally search for igoogle, gmail and kindleboards on it every day and often get swagbucks with one of these. I got 36 this afternoon after searching for kindleboards.  They gave out a lot of 36's today.
    New York, NY
    Flutist, retired legal word processing operator
    Readers:  Oasis 2, Kindle Fire 8 HD Plus, Paperwhite 2 (2013) (gave away), Fire HDX 8.9" (won't hold a charge now), Fire HD6 (2014 pink), 2012 K4(black), K4(silver), KFHD 7", K3 that won't charge, Kindle DX (US), Sony PRS-350, B&N Nook STR and Bookeen Cybook Opus

Offline bkworm8it

• Pacific Northwest
      • View Profile
    « Reply #189 on: April 30, 2010, 07:30:47 pm »
    bugger, I couldn't find that offer for 114. I also tried a couple of the games for 69 but it doesn't give me a place to register so not sure how to get the points. I don't mind trying out game places as I like to play them.

thanks for the postings to help us earn more! keep it up <please>  :)
    So many good books, so little time!

Offline kindlemama

• View Profile
    « Reply #190 on: May 01, 2010, 12:20:10 am »
    Aprille, did you ever get credited for the Betty Crocker bucks?  I clicked on "Missing Swag Bucks?" in the SO section, and they have a list of everything I viewed, bucks awarded, etc.  Everything on my list was correct except Betty Crocker.  It showed that I viewed it, but:

<<Our advertiser shows no record of your having fulfilled the requirement for this offer. In order for us to look into this for you, please, provide us (by copying and pasting into the form below) with the text of the email confirmation that the advertiser sent you, or with other information which proves that you have fulfilled the requirements for this offer.>>

So I sent them a copy of the 2 emails I've gotten from Betty Crocker.  I'll let you know what happens.

In the meantime, I picked up another 11 and 13 swag bucks within the last half hour, so now I'm up to 477 (490 if I ever get my Betty Crocker bucks).  That's almost 200 I picked up in one day, thanks to you!

Thank you, Aprille, for giving us such detailed instructions of what to do.  I've read before to "click through the special offers" but I had no idea what people were talking about.  By hand-walking me to that survey site, I FINALLY understood what people were talking about.  Same about watching the videos -- I thought people were talking about the videos that were in the blogs and stuff, so I'd watch them then...nothing.  Didn't get any bucks -- because I was watching the wrong videos!!!  LOL

Oh, and I went through the motions of getting their toolbar, but at the last minute I got one of those security warnings, so I backed out.  I'd have no idea how to fix my computer if I got a virus (or if anything else went wrong), so didn't want to chance it.

bkworm8it, I'm not seeing the 114 offer anymore either.  I did pick up a few bucks by watching the videos for Qwest, Scion, and Bing.  They're really short, I think less than 2 minutes each -- all you have to do is let them run through, and you IMMEDIATELY get the promised bucks as soon as the video is over.

Edited to add: I just got 2 emails from gWallet confirming that they've initiated a trouble ticket.
    « Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 12:27:48 am by kindlemama »

Offline Aprille

• Texas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #191 on: May 01, 2010, 04:35:44 am »
    bugger, I couldn't find that offer for 114.

The Consumer Advisory offer (114) disappeared once I completed it. But that often happens with the homepage offers (no longer available to you once completed). So I'm not sure if it's still there for others or not.

I also tried a couple of the games for 69 but it doesn't give me a place to register so not sure how to get the points. I don't mind trying out game places as I like to play them.

Be careful of those games! I would avoid anything that requires a download/install. GameVance is particularly known for some vicious spyware/malware.

thanks for the postings to help us earn more! keep it up <please>  :)

You're welcome! Don't worry. I'm not planning on going anywhere.  ;)

Offline Aprille

• Texas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #192 on: May 01, 2010, 04:45:29 am »
    Wow, kindlemama - you had a GREAT day! Even better than me. I had 164 for the day.

Nope, still not credited for the Betty Crocker offer. I will submit a report. I've got another report that has been in process for about a week for 7 SBs. It was the Joke of the Day offer. Lots of complaints on the FB fan page wall on offers not paying off. I do keep detailed notes on all offers I do for this very reason. I've got another offer I completed 3 days ago for 34 SBs that still hasn't credited but it said to give it 2 days. I'll be reporting that one too. It takes a fight to get them sometime.

Sorry you had a problem with the toolbar. I've never seen any complaints on that download. I get 1 to 3 SBs every day just for the first use of the toolbar. Also some of the codes are through the toolbar. I'll keep you posted when one of those comes out.  ;)
    « Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 04:48:24 am by Aprille »

Offline Aprille

• Texas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #193 on: May 01, 2010, 05:10:00 am »
    19 SBs this morning with my usual routine. I typically get 18 to 25 with this routine and it only takes about 15 minutes. This morning's numbers:

2 - first use of toolbar (typically get 1 to 3 on this)
    2 - NOSO (no obligation special offers) (again, typically 1 to 3)
    10 - search hit (my limited range has been 10 to 13)
    5 - watching 2 videos (Qwest & Bing) on the homepage special offers (depends on how many videos available per day but typically 3 to 6 SBs for this)

In regards to search hits, these are *completely* random. It does not matter what you search for. I've seen reports of people hitting by searching a single letter. You do have to be careful not to over search or you'll get locked out. If you just use it as you would a typical search engine, you should be fine.

I typically get a search hit within my first 10 to 15 searches first thing in the morning. I no longer use bookmarks, just swag search all my usual locations (aol email, google email, kindle boards, facebook, amazon, etc). Once I make a morning hit I may do a few more searches, if needed, but won't typically make another hit until afternoon sometime. I usually get a couple of search hits a day. One day I only got one. Another I got three. From what I've gathered from the FB fan page wall, four search hits in a day is pretty rare.

Okay, I'm off for now! I feel sure there will be a code sometime today since there was none yesterday. I'll keep an eye out but will be away from the computer part of the day. :o

Will also report if I run across any easy special offers.

Good luck today, fellow swaggers!  :D
    « Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 05:29:06 am by Aprille »

Offline bkworm8it

• Pacific Northwest
      • View Profile
    « Reply #194 on: May 01, 2010, 08:14:02 am »
    Well, I'm just having all kinds of no luck at any of this. I watched 3 videos and didn't get any points for any of them :(. I'll try later from a different browser.

As for the toolbar, I had gotten a warning before I installed it. Some antiviruses are mare fickle about things than others but I have not had any problems with it since.

I was using my old laptop for the games. It's ok if that one crashes. I've reformatted it about 5 times already since it's getting so old and was over used before I purchased a desktop.
    So many good books, so little time!

Offline kindlemama

• View Profile
    « Reply #195 on: May 01, 2010, 11:16:39 am »
    Aprille, what/where are the NOSOs?  I understand that they are the No Obligation Special Offers -- just don't know where to find them.

There is a new video today for Kmart that you may have missed for 3 bucks, Aprille.  I didn't see the one for Scion today.  I was able to pick up 8 bucks for watching the Bing, Quest, and Kmart videos. 

bookworm8it, click on "view account" after watching a video and you should see an updated total there.  (The counter in the top right-hand corner of the home page doesn't get updated right away sometimes.)  Try watching them twice if you don't get the bucks the first time.

Aprille, as far as Facebook goes, do I have to be a member in order to see their hints?  I went on their Facebook page a couple of times, and all I see are people yapping -- nothing that looks like an official Swag Bucks employee entry.

And just to clarify: I have to be on Facebook, have a web page, blog, etc. in order to sign up for sWidgets, right?

Update on the Betty Crocker bucks: I got a couple more emails saying they're working on it, and to give them a couple of days. 

Offline Aprille

• Texas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #196 on: May 01, 2010, 02:21:49 pm »
    I don't have the Kmart video anymore. I had it last week and I think it's a one-shot deal. It has never returned. Haven't had the Scion one in a while either. It's up to each individual advertiser how many times they want to let you earn SBs off of the videos.

NOSO - click on the Special Offers link under Quick Links (column on left) on the homepage. Then click on the red Go Now button under View Our No Obligations Offers and WIN Swagbucks. Then just "skip" through all the offers. Although there are some pretty good grocery coupons in there you can clip and print. I go though those a couple of times a week. When you get to the end you should be rewarded 1 to 3 swagbucks but you can only do this once a day (as far as I can determine).

The FB page with all the yapping is the one I'm talking about. When there is a code out all the yapping is about the code and hints are flying. TSG (The Swag Guy) does post there occasionally. This is also where they yap about easy special offers. Yes, it does get rather juvenile but there are some gems of good info to be discovered in there. There is also a Discussion Board tab on the FB wall. If you can see the wall without being a FB member, I would assume you can also see the DB.

If you don't have a website or blog, a FB account would allow you to place a Swidget on it. I don't tweet but apparently the Twitter account gives you even more info/hints on codes and such. But there is a link to the Twitter feed on the SB homepage so I haven't yet felt the need to open a Twitter account but I may one of these days.

I was away from my computer for over 4 hours. Just checked. Doesn't look like I missed a code.

I'm off to see if there are any good special offers out there today. Will report back if I find anything good or I see a code is out...

Offline kindlemama

• View Profile
    « Reply #197 on: May 01, 2010, 04:10:06 pm »
    Thanks for all the info, Aprille.  I found the NOSOs. ;D

Offline Aprille

• Texas
      • View Profile
    « Reply #198 on: May 01, 2010, 05:40:45 pm »
    I found the NOSOs. ;D

Not much luck today! Still no code. I did hit another search this morning about 3 hours after the first hit for another 10. That's about it.

Some are talking about the College Search Online SO on the homepage for 143. I think you have to give a phone number and they call. You also have to pick a major you're interested in. I don't think I'll try that one but if anyone else wants to do it, let us know how it goes.

Can't contact gWallet today. The link is broken. I need to submit a request for those missing Better Crocker SBs and my other one for 34 from several days ago. It was an OfferPal SO though so different contact. This makes 3 offers I've had trouble getting my credit. I've had many credit with no problems so I guess it all evens out. After all, it's still FREE money!  :D

I'm at 40 for the day so can't really complain.  8)

Offline kindlemama

• View Profile
    « Reply #199 on: May 01, 2010, 07:05:36 pm »
    It's been really weird for me today.  Other than the few I got this morning from the SOs, I haven't gotten ANY bucks for searches.  I'm thinking the ones that I posted about late last night were past midnight, so they were counted as bucks for today.  Still, you'd think I would've gotten SOMETHING by now!

Oh, well, like you say, it's free money so I can't complain.

Being that it's the first of the month, does anyone know when they give out the GC codes?  I just have one $5 Amazon GC coming, but am anxious to see if I'll actually get it.   ::)

KBoards.com

• Advertisement