Kindle Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swagbucks....

568K views 11K replies 118 participants last post by  Betsy the Quilter 
#1 ·
I searched the boards for this, but didn't see anything. Has anyone heard of SwagBucks? It's a search engine, powered by Google and Ask.com, but the best part is that with every search you run, you get a chance to win a SwagBuck. Or more than one. There are also codes that appear on the main page that you can use to get free SwagBucks as well.

Okay, so what can you do with SwagBucks? Well, for 45 SwagBucks, you can get a $5 Amazon Gift Certificate. After a friend told me this and showed me proof she actually got her first Amazon GC, I signed up. Less than a week and I'm already at 30. So close.

Here's a link to sign up - http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=288477 (that is a referral link for me, but if you don't like the idea, just go to the site yourself and sign up - it's worth it!). Today's code is GreenThursday, if you want to get an easy extra SB. Enjoy!

#77 ·
I like the toolbar, too.  And it adds to your existing toolbars, it doesn't replace it.  I use it to do searches, keep my swagbucks total, check for swagcode messages and the current weather.  ;D

Betsy

#78 ·
I have the Swagbucks toolbar in Mozilla, but it won't go into Google Chrome, which I've been using lately.  If I use Swagbucks in Google Chrome, I have to open a tab and put the website on it.

#79 ·
<<I will do a few searches each day and want to be sure to try for my SB's -- just remember if it doesn't show up on the first page of the search results to go thru the others even if you found what you were looking for since it could be on any page.>>

rho, could you please explain what you mean? Are you saying that once I put in what I'm looking for and, for example, three pages come up as a result, if I page through all three pages I might earn swag bucks?

I'm really lost in trying to "find" swag bucks. The only time I get them is once in a while when I do a search. I went three days without getting any, and then today they gave me 37 (in two batches, but minutes apart). Go figure. I was just about ready to give up.

#80 ·
kindlemama said:
<<I will do a few searches each day and want to be sure to try for my SB's -- just remember if it doesn't show up on the first page of the search results to go thru the others even if you found what you were looking for since it could be on any page.>>

rho, could you please explain what you mean? Are you saying that once I put in what I'm looking for and, for example, three pages come up as a result, if I page through all three pages I might earn swag bucks?

I'm really lost in trying to "find" swag bucks. The only time I get them is once in a while when I do a search. I went three days without getting any, and then today they gave me 37 (in two batches, but minutes apart). Go figure. I was just about ready to give up.
yes that is what I mean - lots of times I will find the thing I am searching for on the first page of results - but then I make sure to go back to that first page and page thru the other pages and the swagbuck could be on any of the three pages - it doesn't happen every time but it does happen enough to make it worth while.

#81 ·
I generally do some searches in the morning, in the afternoon, and in the evening and get swagbucks each time.  Plus swagbucks for using the browser.  And rho is right, you need to page through and even click some of the search responses to get the swagbucks to pop up.

And swagcode offers get posted to the swagbar, but I have to refresh it or close and open the brower during the day a couple times to get the offers.  Which also sometimes earns me swagbucks for using the swagbar.

Betsy

#83 ·
You just have to deactivate the toolbar you don't want by left clicking and unchecking it

#84 ·
kindlemama said:
Thanks, rho, I'll try that.

Betsy, sorry to be so dense, but...if I'm on AOL (and have their toolbar), if I install the Swagbucks toolbar, will that take the place of the AOL toolbar? I'm afraid that if I don't like it, I won't know how to get my AOL toolbar back.
No, you don't have to deactivate any current toolbars, it adds to the ones you have.

Betsy

#86 ·
Betsy the Quilter said:
No, you don't have to deactivate any current toolbars, it adds to the ones you have.

Betsy
too many toolbars block the screen

#88 ·
cheerio said:
too many toolbars block the screen
Absolutely, but you can choose which ones are open at any time through the menu (in Firefox, "view," "toolbars" then pick the ones you want to open or close. Or pressing F11 (at least in Firefox) temporarily gets rid of all toolbars; pressing F11 again gets them back. I was just reassuring kindlemama that installing a new toolbar doesn't automatically get rid of prior toolbars.

Betsy

#99 ·
I think the first day, I hit on 3 searches....  but, yeah, since then, I'm lucky to get once per day.  This morning I got 13 I think it was for searching for "free coffee."  LOL  I get a couple every day for signing into my toolbar...  and today I got a special toolbar swagcode, the blog swagcode, and another one....  either Swidget or Facebook.  I've attempted the Tuesday Phrase that Pays on Twitter, but haven't seen anything from that yet.

#101 ·
Swagbucks isn't doing anything for me today.  Last night was good, even though I didn't have any codes.  I did some internet searching through Swagbucks this afternoon and tonight, but nada Swagbucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.