Author Topic: Holiday & Christmas Erotica/EROM Promo Deal Dec. 15-18 Up and Running!  (Read 516 times)  

Offline lyndabelle

• California
    • View Profile
    • Lynda Belle's Blog/Website
It's time to start planning the last 2017 erotica promo! The last theme of the year will be Christmas and Holiday stories, though, they don't have to be. But it will be nice to include a lot of Christmas/Holiday stories since people are in the mood for them at this time of year. So looking for Holiday/Christmas erotica titles and regular erotica. Example: I have a Holiday story that I'll run for free, and then put 1-2 titles from other series at $0.99. It's good to have a free title and/or a title at $0.99. You're looking to give people a sample to try, so they'll hunger for more and go through your catalog of other titles.

Here's the info:
Promo Dates: Dec. 15-18(4 days)
1-3 titles set to $0.99 or Free

Need from author:
Title of books on sale, your pen name, genre of book(s), link to book

Why promote with other authors?
It is more cost effective. You're not paying a third party website $70. You're sharing the opportunity to have your link go out on fellow erotica author lists, and they are doing the same. Plus, followers on your blog and newsletter will appreciate the deals and love to discover new authors. On my newsletter stats, the erotica deals are still have higher opens than other campaigns.

Everyone that has done these with me before is welcomed back, and new erotica authors, here's your chance to get on board with a promo. I take about 10-12 authors. That's my cap right now.

Please PM with your info. You can also post you're interested on the thread, but remember, Kboards doesn't allow links to erotica books anymore. ;-(

First authors to sign up get in the banner. I usually have to limit this to the first 5-7 authors. So, let me know quick.
It's harder for me to add people that sign up later in the banner, since I tend to do that a week before promo. The earlier sign-ups get on the banner.

For a look at previous promos, here's a link to my Thanksgiving promo:
https://lyndabelle.com/2017/11/17/thanksgiving-erotica-deals-free-and-0-99-nov-17-21/

When the promo starts: ***Info is sent out a week before, and then everyone sends out the info list of authors/titles names/links to everyone on their blog list and newsletter list. As the promo runs, track stats for sales and traffic at blog to share on promo thread. It's great to see how everyone is doing.

**NOTE: So far, not charging anything for organizing these. We are authors helping each other out with our lists. So, it's mutual benefits. Though, I am running out of money, and will have to look for more ways to make an income to keep writing for a living. What would people say to some additional benefits, like definitely in banner, etc. for a limited charge of like $5? Would you still want to sign up? I mean, I've been building community through all this and trying to give back, but then, a girl has got to eat too, even while writing erotica. Just give me some feedback in the thread or PM me. Just that 2018, I got to figure something to keep all this going and to keep a roof over my head too.

So, that's it. Please PM or post on thread if interested. Let's wrap up the year with a huge blast of Holiday sales. ;-) And of course, Happy Holidays!
-Lynda
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 02:58:35 PM by lyndabelle »

Lynda Belle | Website | Amazon Author Page

Offline lyndabelle

• California
    • View Profile
Re: Holiday & Christmas Erotica Promo Deal Dec. 15-18 Taking Sign-ups now!
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 01:50:14 PM »
Ok, got a few people on board already. So the ball is rolling. Last chance to join for FREE this year. I've been talking to people, and a minimum joining fee of $5 seems to be an acceptable amount. It would be per author starting for January's promo. With all those new Kindles needing to load up, it's a great promo to be a part of. It would be for my time compensation and organizing it all, and inclusion definitely in banner. I might consider adding a few freebies too, but $5 will be for priority, definitely in and on banner.

I mean, it does take me several hours to set it all up and to monitor. And since I've got to figure a way to pay for food and mortgage, well, I think two years of doing this for free has been what my check book can take now. It also means, after my health issues have made it difficult for a day job now, I've run out of savings. So, yes, it's been nice helping the community, but I have to do something to help myself keep going, or in the end, writing becomes just an expensive hobby, which I can't afford anymore.

So, thank you for understanding those that have participated in the past. But yes, this is the last FREE promo I'll be running. So, if you want to get in on the last FREE promo, please add to the thread your info or send a PM.

OH, also something else I'm changing starting with this promo, it will be an erotica/erotic romance(erom) promo. SO ALL EROTIC ROMANCES PLEASE CONSIDER JOINING! A lot of my shorts are erotic romances, and I've had people asking to add it to the title. So, it's official now.
Opening it to both. I know there's a lot of spicey and hot erotic Holiday stories out there. Love to have you aboard with your FREE or $0.99 discount story. Premafreebies and permdiscounts at $0.99 welcome.

So, that's about it. I guess the end of the year is where you figure out how to change and adapt your business direction for the next year. SO, that's where this is all coming from. You all have a good holiday season! -Lynda

Offline lyndabelle

• California
    • View Profile
Re: Holiday & Christmas Erotica Promo Deal Dec. 15-18 Taking Sign-ups now!
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 10:27:19 AM »
Just a quick bump. There is still room for this. It will be the LAST FREE promo I'll be running folks. So, get your erom or erotic short(novella) listed for it now.  ;D -Lynda

Offline janetlynn

• View Profile
    • Janet Lynn on fb
Hi Lynda!

Whew, glad you caught me on that other thread--I missed this one somehow. I think it's a great idea to go $5 in 2018, and I hope it both support you (who've been tireless in building this thing) and can push some advertising to buoy the whole effort. Good idea :)

I'll have my info in to you by the end of today!
~ Janet Lynn ~

Offline AmandaLutterman

• Kentucky
    • View Profile
Ohh NOO! Did I miss it again?!?!?!

Paranormal Romance
Amanda Lutterman | BLOG | FACEBOOK | GOODREADS | IG | TWITTER

Offline lyndabelle

• California
    • View Profile
Ohh NOO! Did I miss it again?!?!?!
No, you didn't miss it. I'm in the process of doing LAST CALL. So, I'll make it official.
*Puts on her crier hat, and gets out a bell*

Hear ye, hear ye, LAST CALL FOR DEC> Erotica/Erom Sign ups! LAST CALL!  8)

Offline AmandaLutterman

• Kentucky
    • View Profile
No, you didn't miss it. I'm in the process of doing LAST CALL. So, I'll make it official.
*Puts on her crier hat, and gets out a bell*

Hear ye, hear ye, LAST CALL FOR DEC> Erotica/Erom Sign ups! LAST CALL!  8)
Great! I just replied with my info :)
Thank you so much for doing these promos!
I have no idea HOW you get such amazing involvement with both authors and readers!
You're just awesome [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

Paranormal Romance
Amanda Lutterman | BLOG | FACEBOOK | GOODREADS | IG | TWITTER

Offline lyndabelle

• California
    • View Profile
Great! I just replied with my info :)
Thank you so much for doing these promos!
I have no idea HOW you get such amazing involvement with both authors and readers!
You're just awesome [emoji14]
Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

Thank you! *Totally blushes* I've been building up a following over the last two years of readers and followers on my blog and newsletter. So, now that it's established, I need to feed the masses new titles/content. Couldn't do it without you authors. ;-)
So, thanks to participating! Glad that you are happy with my little niche in the great publishing/book jungle.

Offline Lady TL Jennings

• Oxfordshire, UK
    • View Profile
    • My Secret Quill
Can I still join or am I too late?
I'm running a freebie with a gay Christmas story before the holidays that would fit in neatly.

* Crossing my fingers and sending you my info *
Lady T. L. Jennings ~ Writing 19th century Victorian Oh-la-la and Romance in longhand, since 2011

http://www.mysecretquill.com

Offline lyndabelle

• California
    • View Profile
Can I still join or am I too late?
I'm running a freebie with a gay Christmas story before the holidays that would fit in neatly.

* Crossing my fingers and sending you my info *
Got you on the list. Welcome!  ;)

Offline lyndabelle

• California
    • View Profile
So, as a recap, here are the authors I have listed to participate:

Participating Authors:
1)   Lynda Belle
2)   Colbie Dunbar
3)   Jacinta Laurenti
4)   Geneva West
5)   Sierra Wolfe
6)   Veronica Cane
7)   Amanda Lutterman
8   Guri Malla
9)   Lady TL Jennings

**I've got the banner done now, and posted on my website/blog as an upcoming post. Feel free to use on your blogs now as a teaser for your followers.

https://lyndabelle.com/2017/12/13/coming-soon-december-erotica-erotic-romance-deals-dec-15-18/

**I'm going to be sending the list out tomorrow afternoon. I've got some people writing novellas in time for the promo, and they've asked for extensions. So, at the absolute most, it will go out tomorrow evening. But all participating authors will get the full master promo list tomorrow.

Thanks for joining in the last of my free promos. There is a lot of work and hours that go into this. I just spent an hour and a half putting together just the banner. So, that might give you an idea of my time spent. It ends up being hours, and that's why I've had to decide to start doing a fee for my promos starting next month. After two years of free promos, I feel I held off as long as I could. But now that I have an established list, and hungry readers for the promos, I think it's a good time to start moving to the next step.

So thanks to all of the authors in the past that have participated. I might still include free listings in the future promos, but it won't include the banners, and you'll be listed after the paying authors. We'll see how it goes. But again, thank you, and please everyone, I hope the last free promo will totally rock. We've got a good line-up of Holiday and eroms. It should go well. -Lynda

Offline lyndabelle

• California
    • View Profile
Re: Holiday & Christmas Erotica/EROM Promo Deal Dec. 15-18 Master List is sent!
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2017, 10:28:04 PM »
So, I've sent out the master list to all participating authors. If you have any trouble or would like to look at what a post would look like, I've got my blog post up already. It's here:
http://lyndabelle.com/2017/12/15/free-and-0-99-holiday-erotica-erotic-romance-deal-dec-15-18/

The banner for the promo is also on that post. You're welcome to use it to promote the deals.

So, we're off and running. Looking forward to seeing the numbers as they come in tomorrow.
That's about it for now. Thank you to all participating authors.  If you have any questions, let me know by PM or post in thread.

-Lynda

Offline lyndabelle

• California
    • View Profile
Re: Holiday & Christmas Erotica/EROM Promo Deal Dec. 15-18 Up and Running!
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2017, 03:02:40 PM »
Happy to report the promo is off and running.
So far my stats are pretty along the lines of other promos.
Freebie titles doing well, with 140 downloads so far for my Holiday title freebie.
I haven't had any $0.99 sales, but have noticed an up swing in KU page reads. So, I think people use their KU option for a title that is on sale sometimes.

Had my Holiday title go up to #75 in romantic erotica for a bit. It's dropped down to #152 now. But I've noticed there is a drop off a lot of the time on Sunday. It should pick up again on the last day.  :D

Just throwing it out to the other participating authors, how are you all doing?

Offline lyndabelle

• California
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2017, 03:20:04 PM »
Greetings everyone!
The promo is on its last day, and I've gotten responses on some results so far.
Sierra Wolfe has had 138 free downloads and one $0.99 sell. She said her free title ranked up to #9 in the bisexual erotica list, and now is hovering around #22. Lady TL Jennings had her free download rank at #2 in victorian erotica.

Plus, I've put up a "Last Chance" post on my blog. It does help on the last day to let people know this is their last opportunity to get the deals. You can check out mine as an example.

http://lyndabelle.com/2017/12/18/last-chance-holiday-erotica-erotic-romance-for-free-or-0-99/

Plus, there will be more promos going on in 2018. Look for the next promo thread at the beginning of the New Year. And to all the participating and past participating authors, have a Happy Holiday and best wishes for the New Year. -Lynda

Offline Lady TL Jennings

• Oxfordshire, UK
    • View Profile
    • My Secret Quill
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2017, 03:52:47 AM »
Sharing my results. :)

I'm really pleased with the Christmas book promotion, although I messed it up a little bit. My KDP period ended in the middle of the book promotion, which led to that I missed one day (and probably lost the momentum). Naively I thought I could use my free days "back to back" and bridge the gap between the periods, but it didn't quite work like that...

Anyway. I had a really good run with much higher numbers of downloads than the previous book promotions, which may a result of the following factors (alone or in combination):
a) It's the first time I run a free promotion with this title.
b) It's a very targeted book with a clear Christmas theme (historical mm).
c) I started my promotion the day before the actual book promotion.

...Or it's simply a fact of that Christmas book promotions is more effective than others. (I've no real data to back this up, it's all wild speculations!)

This is the result of my free title:

278 downloads in total of my free title + 300 page reads and 3 sales of my free and $0.99 sale title.
I also had one 4 stars book review and 3 email list sign-ups.

14th of Dec: 45 downloads
15th of Dec: 108 downloads (total 153 downloads)
16th of Dec: 0 (epic fail)
17th of Dec: 53 downloads (total 206 downloads)
18th of Dec: 59 downloads (total 265 downloads)

My best rank was on the 15th of Dec:
 Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,378 Free in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Free in Kindle Store)
    #2 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Erotica > Victorian
    #3 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Erotica > Historical
    #11 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender eBooks > Erotica > Gay

I hope you all had a good run!
Thank you everyone for participating, and especially Lynda Belle for arranging this book promotion! :)
Lady T. L. Jennings ~ Writing 19th century Victorian Oh-la-la and Romance in longhand, since 2011

http://www.mysecretquill.com