Author Topic: Author Sites  (Read 226 times)  

Offline Day Leitao

• View Profile
    • Author Sites
Author Sites
« on: March 26, 2018, 03:57:43 PM »
I'm shy about my stuff.

Anyways, I think there's a demand for support for authors websites. I know that there are already some amazing people in the community. But hey, I'm a web designer.  ;)

This was an old project that I revived. The main site is authorsites.co , cause co is the hispter com, or maybe cause I couldn't get a decent domain. I know, I'm not creative with titles.  ;D  I did a one-page navigation on this website and I think I spent 15 minutes clicking it up and down. Try it, it's fun.

Anyways, if you like my style and if it's something you'd rather get off your shoulders,  I do offer a 15% discount for Kboarders. I think design is a matter of taste. I like clean, simple, websites. I love transparent-to-solid headers and titlebars with pics. Something else I love are cool effects for the books used in the portfolio. Alas, right now I don't have any live example. I love doing visual things because it relaxes me, since I work so much with words. It clears my mind. But sometimes it can be challenging.

If you want to know more about me, I'm an unpublished author.  ;D I published one novel. It was neat and was even making money, but I decided to pull it and relaunch it as part of a series. Right now I'm in the editing phase. I hate editing my own stuff and I do it slower than I would like. I have a BA in advertising and I've been making websites on and off for ten years.

I do believe that most independent authors need to go the DIY route, so I have a blog about that stuff. I talk about Wordpress.com, Weebly, Wix and Squarespace, not only hosted Wordpress. I don't think hosted Wordpress is the best solution for everyone.

My first post is about favicons: https://authorsites.co/whats-a-favicon-and-why-should-you-care/ with tips to set it up on Wordpress and the most common site builders. I hope it can be useful to some people.  :D

Buy Scrivener for Windows or Mac