Author Topic: Red Headed Book Lover (MERGED)  (Read 5774 times)  

Offline Blerg et al.

• View Profile
Re: Red Headed Book Lover (MERGED)
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2018, 07:46:34 AM »
I've gotten a number of emails from this person through my contact form. Getting kind of annoying.

Offline Doctor Barbara

• Tennessee
    • View Profile
    • Barbara Ebel, M.D. - Author
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2018, 10:22:57 AM »
This is very helpful that you all posted this and that I just found this thread.

So.....sure enough, said individual emailed me yesterday through my website. She promises great things, although the results she promises I already have without her!

As they say....buyer beware. She's got a nice little work-at-home scam going on there and I'm not going to be one of her fall guys.

Thanks again!

Online Christa_Tomlinson

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2018, 07:56:38 PM »
She's also making her way through the m/m romance crowd. I received the form email from her this weekend and I know several other m/m authors who have as well. I reported it as spam.

Christa Tomlinson | Website | Facebook | Newsletter | Instagram

Offline JB Rowley

• Melbourne, Australia
    • View Profile
    • Whisper My Secret
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2018, 01:27:46 PM »
I got an email from this lady today. Found this thread very useful. Many thanks to the OP for starting it.

Offline Selah J Tay-Song

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2018, 08:24:44 PM »
So glad I found this thread. I got the email as well, and did click through to the site. What tipped me off was the lengthy testimonials. Something about them seemed off to me, like maybe they were written by the same person? And if not, sad how many people have been scammed. I did some googling and found a blog post about her scam with a link to this thread. I will report the email as spam. Grateful to the OP for bringing this to people's attention.

Online AliceS

• Asheville, NC
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2018, 09:52:41 AM »
I got one, too. It happened right after a promo, so maybe she's signed up to all the newsletters and uses them as a starting point.

Science Fiction, Fantasy and Mystery
Alice Sabo | Blog | Facebook | Website

Offline DanielGibbs

• View Profile
So I got an email out of the blue from https://redheadedbookloverblog.com/ today on my author email address, offering paid review services on her blog. (Nothing TOS violating for Amazon, the reviews are only present on the blog). I checked out the website, and while it does appear to be kept in good repair, and get a decent amount of traffic, I'm curious to know if anyone else here has used the service, and if so, did you get any positive sales traffic out of it that justified the investment? I'm kind of wary of that sort of thing just based on comments I've read here from other authors.

v/r

Daniel
So Fight I - Echoes of the Past Book 2: 35%

I Have Fought a Good Fight - Echoes of the Past Book 3: 5%
Daniel Gibbs | Website | Twitter | Facebook

Offline Blerg et al.

• View Profile
So I got an email out of the blue from https://redheadedbookloverblog.com/ today on my author email address, offering paid review services on her blog. (Nothing TOS violating for Amazon, the reviews are only present on the blog). I checked out the website, and while it does appear to be kept in good repair, and get a decent amount of traffic, I'm curious to know if anyone else here has used the service, and if so, did you get any positive sales traffic out of it that justified the investment? I'm kind of wary of that sort of thing just based on comments I've read here from other authors.

v/r

Daniel

Yeah there was another post about it on here. Should be able to search for it.

Online Becca Mills

• California
    • View Profile
    • website
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2018, 06:59:40 PM »
I've merged in a new thread. Sorry for any confusion!

Offline StephenBrennan

• Vancouver, BC
    • View Profile
    • Stephen Brennan.ca
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2018, 08:56:31 PM »
Wow. Can't believe she's still this active after so many months. I guess it goes to show how many writers are out there to prey on. Be vigilant.

Offline DanielGibbs

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2018, 04:25:56 AM »
Thanks for the feedback! :) Scam dodged! :)
So Fight I - Echoes of the Past Book 2: 35%

I Have Fought a Good Fight - Echoes of the Past Book 3: 5%
Daniel Gibbs | Website | Twitter | Facebook

Online Pacman

• Australia
    • View Profile
    • Leo Nix
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2018, 11:31:34 PM »
Wow. Can't believe she's still this active after so many months. I guess it goes to show how many writers are out there to prey on. Be vigilant.

she/he told me she/he was doing 45 reviews a week, not a bad racket

post-apocalypse anyone?
Leo Nix |

Offline cmonk

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2018, 11:08:50 AM »
Chipping in because she wrote me this morning.
I think she randomly messages any author in sight. A quick look at my GR or Amazon would have taught her that I'm an unlikely candidate, so my guess is that she found my website, clicked on "contact" without so much as a glance at my books, and copied-pasted her generic message.

Edit it: she doubled down with an email seconds ago. Man, she really loves my "work". (Not titles are ever cited)

« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 11:10:58 AM by cmonk »

Offline StephenBrennan

• Vancouver, BC
    • View Profile
    • Stephen Brennan.ca
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2018, 11:36:08 AM »
Chipping in because she wrote me this morning.
I think she randomly messages any author in sight. A quick look at my GR or Amazon would have taught her that I'm an unlikely candidate, so my guess is that she found my website, clicked on "contact" without so much as a glance at my books, and copied-pasted her generic message.

Edit it: she doubled down with an email seconds ago. Man, she really loves my "work". (Not titles are ever cited)

Still pains me to think about the review she wrote for me. Was obvious she didn't know my characters' names, much less what they did in the story.

Offline RBN

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2018, 01:14:05 PM »
Man, she really loves my "work". (Not titles are ever cited)

That was the part we cackled about the most in my group--the brazen laziness of not even setting up auto-fill fields for the recipient's name or even one book title. That's the kind of attention to detail she wants people to pay for.