KB Featured
The Sun God's Heir: Return (Book One)
by Elliott Baker

Kindle Edition published 2017-01-02
Bestseller ranking:

Product Description
For three thousand years a hatred burns. In seventeenth century Bordeaux two souls incarnate, one born the child of a prosperous merchant, the other, steals a life determined to continue a brutal incarnation begun long ago.

Under the guidance of Pharaoh, two brothers grew strong in knowledge and power, one a physician, the other a general. With the pharaoh’s untimely death, a deep hatred blossoms. One remembers, one does not.

The year is 1671. René Gilbert’s destiny glints from the blade of a slashing rapier. To protect those he loves he must regain the power and knowledge earned in an ancient lifetime. From Bordeaux to Spain to Morocco, René is tested and with each turn of fate he gathers enemies and allies as the memory and power of a lifetime as physician to Pharaoh returns.

Determined to continue a reign of terror that once caused the Nile to run red, Horemheb takes over the life of a young man mortally wo…

Author Topic: Experienced novel proofreading - 50% Off  (Read 951 times)  

Offline ChristianProofreaders.com

• USA
    • View Profile
    • ChristianProofreaders.com
Experienced novel proofreading - 50% Off
« on: January 16, 2018, 09:07:04 AM »
Hi everyone!

I specialize in proofreading clean fiction and I currently have some openings. My services are affordable and extremely thorough. Please view details, including testimonials, on my website: https://www.christianproofreaders.com/proofreading-services/.

Many thanks!

Recent Testimonial:
"Thank you so much!! I will definitely be using you again."
--NYT & USA Today best-selling author Shoshanna Evers (writing as Shoshanna Gabriel)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 08:14:51 AM by ChristianProofreaders.com »

Offline Stagewalker

• Kissimmee Florida
    • View Profile
    • Stagewalker Enterprises
Re: I proofread clean, inspirational, and Christian fiction
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 06:58:23 PM »
Does that mean you would not read a clean romance book about a wounded Jewish US Army helicopter pilot returning to a family that loves her?

Robert H. Cherny

Online KelliWolfe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 07:41:19 PM »
Does that mean you would not read a clean romance book about a wounded Jewish US Army helicopter pilot returning to a family that loves her?
Too much trouble to click on the link, huh?

Olivia Blake | Lessons in Love

Offline LilyBLily

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 07:58:12 PM »
Too much trouble to click on the link, huh?

I clicked on the link. The website doesn't really say. Also, it doesn't specify what is deemed "clean." I've heard that some people claim even a mild swear word is not "clean." One might infer that this service provider does not wish to read stories outside a narrow range, but one cannot be entirely sure. 

Offline Stagewalker

• Kissimmee Florida
    • View Profile
    • Stagewalker Enterprises
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 05:35:37 PM »
KelliWolfe, an answer from a person is an indication of the quality of the level of service. This is a sensitive issue especially in today's political environment where a wedding cake becomes a litmus test for piousness.

Robert H. Cherny

• USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2018, 08:19:31 PM »
Greetings, and sorry I didn't reply sooner. (I expected to receive an email notification if anyone replied to my post, but I didn't. I'll have to check my settings.)

I'm not trying to offend anyone, and if anyone would like further clarification on what I proofread, feel free to ask. Yes, Stagewalker, I would happily read "a clean romance book about a wounded Jewish US Army helicopter pilot returning to a family that loves her."

I proofread clean fiction and/or Christian fiction; it doesn't have to be both. I prefer not to read swears, but I won't turn down a project that contains some mild ones. As stated on my website, I choose not to read horror, erotica, or scenes containing graphic sex, graphic abuse, and/or graphic violence.

I understand that my service is not for everyone and that I'm specializing in a niche area. This isn't intended to be a judgment on any writer.

I hope this helps clarify your concerns, and thanks for taking the time to post.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 08:25:19 PM by ChristianProofreaders.com »

Offline Evenstar

• UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2018, 07:12:42 AM »
Greetings! You're welcome to promote your business and website here in the Writers' Cafe.

Now that you have an official thread, you'll want to add your listing to our Yellow Pages, found here: http://www.kboards.com/yp/. The listing is free to KB members and is completely self-service; you can add and edit your listing from the page. More information on our Yellow Pages listing can be found here.

In your thread here, we ask that the same basic rules be followed as we have for authors in the Book Bazaar: you may have this one thread about your service and must post to it rather than start a new thread each time. New threads about the service will be removed. Please bookmark this thread so that you can find it again when you want to post. You may not make back-to-back posts to the thread within seven days. If someone responds (as I'm doing with this post), you may reply to them, but otherwise you must wait seven days. Any pattern of posting designed to artificially bump your thread to the top of the forum is prohibited. Please note that very short or (one- or two-word) posts with no meaningful information are discouraged and may be deleted at the moderators' discretion. Lastly, your posts and images will need to meet our "forum decorum" guidelines, which is the case for every member.

You may find that members ask searching questions -- about how your service works, for example, or what they will get for their money, or whether your service adheres to Amazon's terms of service. Such "vetting" is a common here.

Note that members are allowed to provide civil and honest feedback about your service in this thread. This feedback may include criticisms as well as kudos. You may respond to criticism in a civil manner, but name-calling, badgering, accusations of lying, and other breaches of forum decorum can lead to loss of vendor posting privileges.

Any and all disputes between you and your clients should be handled off-site.

Thanks,
Evenstar
KBoards Moderator

(Note that this welcome does not constitute an endorsement or vetting of a service by KBoards. Members should do due diligence when considering using a service.)

• USA
    • View Profile
Re: I proofread clean, inspirational, and Christian fiction - 50% Off
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2018, 12:26:52 PM »
Thanks for the information, Evenstar! I look forward to adding my listing to the Yellow Pages. :)

Update: For a limited time, first-time clients receive 50% off my proofreading services:
https://www.christianproofreaders.com/rates/

• USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2018, 07:19:47 AM »
To reserve a slot at my discount rate of $0.004/word, email me at info@christianproofreaders.com.

As a full member of ACES (American Copy Editors Society), I provide professional, meticulous proofreading.

Recent Testimonial:
"She caught everything my editor missed in addition to confirming the mistakes my editor found. I couldn't be more pleased with the service I received!"
--Ruby Mae O'Dell
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 07:23:04 AM by ChristianProofreaders.com »

• USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2018, 07:55:15 AM »
I'm still offering a first-time client discount of $0.004/word, and I'm booking slots for the last two weeks of June and beyond. If you'd like to reserve a spot, email me at info@christianproofreaders.com. I look forward to working with you!

View recent testimonials here: https://www.christianproofreaders.com/home/testimonials-portfolio/

• USA
    • View Profile
Re: Experienced novel proofreading - 50% Off
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2018, 02:21:46 PM »
If you'd like to try my proofreading service for free, submit up to five pages (1,250 words) to info@christianproofreaders.com and write "Free Sample Proofreading" in the subject line. I'll return your proofed pages within four days.

Also, yes, I do proofread non-Christian fiction. I do, however, politely decline works containing horror, erotica, "on-screen" sex, graphic abuse, and/or graphic violence.

As a full member of ACES (American Copy Editors Society), and with a Poynter ACES Certificate in Editing, I offer experienced, professional, meticulous proofreading. I'm now booking into the last week of June and beyond.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 06:07:47 PM by ChristianProofreaders.com »

Offline DarkScribe

• Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2018, 02:50:52 PM »
To reserve a slot at my discount rate of $0.004/word, email me at info@christianproofreaders.com.

As a full member of ACES (American Copy Editors Society), I provide professional, meticulous proofreading.

Recent Testimonial:
"She caught everything my editor missed in addition to confirming the mistakes my editor found. I couldn't be more pleased with the service I received!"
--Ruby Mae O'Dell
I am curious. How does being a full member of ACES indicate a professional standard? All that one requires for full membership is a willingness to pay the membership fee. Being curious about such things I joined. Although I have Tertiary qualifications in Journalism and English, plus decades of experience in editing and publishing, I was not asked to provide verification or validate my status in any way.

• USA
    • View Profile
Re: Experienced novel proofreading - 50% Off
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2018, 04:25:54 PM »
DarkScribe, I agree an ACES membership, in and of itself, is no guarantee of professionalism or quality. Certainly someone could choose to join and then make no use of the many ACES resources (how sad), but I believe that would be the exception rather than the norm. ACES is a very respected and professional society, and I'm proud to be a member. Additionally, I've earned a Poynter ACES Certificate in Editing, and my clients do attest to the quality of my proofreading. Authors should, of course, perform due diligence when seeking to hire any type of editor, which is one reason I offer free sample proofreading (so my work can speak for itself).