Author Topic: Audible is rolling out author pages  (Read 523 times)  

Offline GeneDoucette

• View Profile
    • Gene Doucette's Blog
Audible is rolling out author pages
« on: February 08, 2018, 01:04:32 pm »
Audible will be rolling out author pages driven by the data on the Amazon author pages. According to the email I received today, the rollout will be taking place over the next couple of weeks.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline The Bass Bagwhan

• Western Australia
    • Horror & Urban Fantasy... I think.
      • View Profile
      • Graeme Hague
    Re: Audible is rolling out author pages
    « Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 04:37:52 pm »
    Hmmm... well I hope you can edit them and make them quite separate from the Amazon pages. I approach my audiobooks very differently - especially since I self-narrate/produce - and if all goes to plan my audiobooks will be my primary focus with the ebooks being little more than a prerequisite for releasing them.
    I wonder how many listeners will click on any Author Page?
    Author, freelance writer and editor, professional musician, recording engineer... published in Australia, the UK and Germany. So why am I poor? Oh, wait...
    I'll be a writer... seemed like a good idea at the time

Offline GeneDoucette

• View Profile
      • Gene Doucette's Blog
    « Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 06:06:07 pm »
    Hmmm... well I hope you can edit them and make them quite separate from the Amazon pages. I approach my audiobooks very differently - especially since I self-narrate/produce - and if all goes to plan my audiobooks will be my primary focus with the ebooks being little more than a prerequisite for releasing them.
    I wonder how many listeners will click on any Author Page?

I actually sort of asked this question. Changes to the amazon author page will get made on the audible author page, so my guess is, no.

Offline Norman Steele Taylor

• Kindle Publishers' Best Friend
      • View Profile
      • Write Kindle Books Faster:  Write 50,000+ words daily
    « Reply #3 on: February 09, 2018, 12:26:03 am »
    This sounds exciting!  Do you guys have a preference re audio versions of your books? Do most writers here prefer to do their own book audio?

Offline The Bass Bagwhan

• Western Australia
    • Horror & Urban Fantasy... I think.
      • View Profile
      • Graeme Hague
    « Reply #4 on: February 09, 2018, 03:45:01 am »
    This sounds exciting!  Do you guys have a preference re audio versions of your books? Do most writers here prefer to do their own book audio?

That's kind of like a quick question with a very long answer. Most people here would love to put out audio versions, but it's fairly cost prohibitive if you can't contribute anything yourself in the way of production.  I narrate and produce my own, so the cost is only time. For others, royalty splits or full production costs can be daunting. But it's definitely a growing market and the fact that only dedicated or professional writers can get involved is attractive. Meaning, people who imagine that writing a "book" is a fast track to millions and they choke up the email lists can't do the same to audiobooks.
    It's a long discussion...
    Author, freelance writer and editor, professional musician, recording engineer... published in Australia, the UK and Germany. So why am I poor? Oh, wait...
    I'll be a writer... seemed like a good idea at the time

KBoards.com

• Advertisement