Kindle Forum banner

Problem going online

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  jheydt 
#1 ·
I have an Amazon Tablet HDX 8.9 4th generation.  I believe my system was recently updated which drives me crazy, especially when the tablet was working the way I wanted it to.  I am unable to go online.  When I try to activate my wifi I get the message "authorizing".  After that I get in red the message "authentication problem"  Occasionally I get a message "connected" but the icon on the top of the screen is blank and I am not able to connect.  I turned the unit off and then back on but that didn't seem to do anything. 

My pc is working and I brought the tablet into the computer room but that didn't help.  However it said the system was strong.

Any advice anyone can give me would be appreciated.

John

#2 ·
That message generaly means your password is incorrect or not there at all, that's what mine says if i try and connect to next,doors wifi :D it is your wifi your connecting to , isn't it? Maybe the update has cancelled from the memory

Have you gone as far as re entering it into the kindle? .  That should sort if  out . If not then log onto another wifi, public access, your friends, make a hot spot on your smart phone, to see if it works elsewhere, which will then point the finger at the router

always worth turning your router on and off, as like all computers its,a good idea every so often to reset them

#3 ·
jobo - Thanx for the reply.  I already unplugged the router and modem and it didn't change.  I am able to access my internet with my pc and my phone so I think that is not the problem.  I will try to do the password thing.  Hopefully that will work.

John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.