Author Topic: Anyone ever use/recommend JVZoo for selling/promoting their books?  (Read 869 times)  

Offline EBWriter

• Tennessee
  • "Do or do not, there is no try." -Yoda
    • View Profile
    • My Official Website & Blog
Thanks for all the responses on my previous thread on what to spend a $500 writing grant on, btw. Very helpful and insightful

I have another question. I recently heard about a service called Payhip for selling/distributing ebooks. I've since set up an account, but I can't get anyone from customer service to respond to any of my questions. That turns me off, so I'm wondering whether to go ahead with the service or try another I just heard about yesterday.

The site/service is called JVZoo, and I was wondering if any of you authors ever tried the service and if it's a reputable service for selling/distributing/promoting ebooks.

It has quite a few marketing services and for apparently no monthly cost (only a percentage of sales as far as I can tell), but my concern is this: Is it well known enough and does it look professional enough for any potential customers or will they be turned off by the interface. I've never heard of it, and if I were to find an ebook hosted by a site with such a weird name, I would probably be turned off.

Looking forward to your replies and insights.

Eric Beaty | Official Website | Official Blog | Author Page | Books & Stories | Wattpad | Facebook | Twitter

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline publishwide

• View Profile
      • Publishwide
    Re: Anyone ever use/recommend JVZoo for selling/promoting their books?
    « Reply #1 on: March 03, 2018, 09:22:35 am »
    I am familiar with the site and it's more for affiliate marketing than it is a way for authors to make money from.

Basically, if you have a product that you want to pay affiliate marketers to promote for commission, you'd list it on jvzoo, and then other people can promote the product on their websites.

These services work well for information products but you'll need a sales page and ideally some social proof to move you up in marketplace rankings. Otherwise, nobody will spend time to promote a product that may or may not sell.

Other services like JVZoo are clickbank, sharesale, and cj.com.

An example of an information product is selling a gaming guide on clickbank. Other people who have websites dedicated to this game will promote this guide on their sites and get a commission when a sale is made.

The thing is, you want to start off with a bang to entice affiliates into selling on for you. Without a big enough initial following as an author, you won't likely see many sales through here.
    « Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 09:53:08 am by publishwide »
    Publishwide - Reporting and analytics tool to track your royalties and ad spend in one place.
    Self Publishing Checklist - Step-by-step checklist helpful links to becoming a successful self published author.
    KENP Royalty Calculator - Quickly estimate your KENPC royalty
    Amazon Description Preview Tool - Preview how your Amazon book description blurb will look like before you publish it live.

Offline EBWriter

• Tennessee
    • "Do or do not, there is no try." -Yoda
      • View Profile
      • My Official Website & Blog
    « Reply #2 on: March 04, 2018, 05:54:27 pm »
    Thanks, publishwide, for the insights. I've done a little more research and found some great insights on JVZoo at this link, for any future authors wanting to know more who may stumble upon this thread.

Eric Beaty | Official Website | Official Blog | Author Page | Books & Stories | Wattpad | Facebook | Twitter

Offline LMSands

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: July 22, 2020, 12:40:50 pm »
    Hi EBWriter, did you try marketing through affiliates? I'm curious how it worked out for you.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement