Author Topic: Image for Box Set  (Read 370 times)  

Offline 98368

• View Profile
Image for Box Set
« on: March 19, 2018, 05:02:16 am »
I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I just uploaded a box set to Kindle and the image I have for it is showing up really small even though I scaled it up and thought it would be about as large as the image for a standard book cover. I've enlarged it twice now and it's still too small. It's a 3D image.

Thanks for any guidance!

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline cagnes

• Louisiana
      • View Profile
      • Bayou Cover Designs
    Re: Image for Box Set
    « Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 09:57:19 am »
    Do you have a lot of blank white space around the box set? If you crop it tight with as little space around the box as possible, then it should show up as large as possible.... if your image size it to standards.

Christine | Member since 10/13/2009 | 2019 Reading Challenge | Bayou Cover Designs | Bayou Cover Designs on the KBoards Yellow Pages
    A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one.  ― George R.R. Martin, A Dance with Dragons

Offline 98368

• View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 09:58:48 am »
    Do you have a lot of blank white space around the box set? If you crop it tight with as little space around the box as possible, then it should show up as large as possible.... if your image size it to standards.

It did have a lot of white space and I did crop it and enlarge it--but now, on try #3, it is still too small. I'm going to call KDP in a bit and see if they can help me.

And thanks for your reply!

Update: I called KDP. The larger image I'd uploaded hadn't gone live yet. The person I spoke with said he would push the update and it should be the correct-sized image in the next 1 or 2 hours. I'll update again with the results!

Update #2: Fixed. The larger-sized cover I'd uploaded works fine. And the call to KDP got the new cover image uploaded quickly.
    « Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 11:38:06 am by RTW »

Offline unkownwriter

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 04:05:31 am »
    Yeah, cover updates take a while. Sometimes as long as a week. You'd think it wouldn't have to take that long, but apparently Amazon has things broken down into different tasks, and it takes time for every bit to get chugging along.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement