Author Topic: Twitter  (Read 636 times)  

Offline shaunL

• View Profile
Twitter
« on: March 19, 2018, 03:53:48 am »
I ran a support campaign on Twitter last week for the 99cent countdown deal we ran.

My CTR was ridiculous - 9.88%  Link click rate.  This seems absurdly high to me....  is there anyway to know if those link clicks actually went to Amazon, or if they converted? 

If it's legit, of course - I'm gonna up my budget.  But... I am thinking 'bot traffic' with that ctr!

John I. Rigoli & Diane Cummings | The Vaitcan Chronicles | facebook | twitter

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline shaunL

• View Profile
    Re: Twitter
    « Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 04:36:31 am »
    The ads were actually pretty good - and my targeting was careful.... but I burned my budget really quickly. (No frequency or hourly capping!!!!  That sucks!)

I am going to wait until a few days have passed, and do the twitter ads in isolation so I can actually see if all those clicks are doing anything.  We were running other promos at the time, so - it's impossible to know what was going on there.

Having come from the non-Amazon buying world, I find it really outrageous that Amazon does not allow authors to use any level of google analytics - pixel tracking etc.  It would make us better at marketing our books, and give us actionable data.  It's insane  that we have to 'guess' what ads are working or limit our promotions to one ad at a time.

John I. Rigoli & Diane Cummings | The Vaitcan Chronicles | facebook | twitter

Offline MissingAlaska

• View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 05:14:57 am »
    Did you see an uptick in actual sales? That's probably what counts.

My experience with Twitter has been poor. There are many bots on it and its real users tend to post more than they read (basically a vanity service).

In the future, when you use ads on third party services like Twitter or Facebook, establish an Amazon Associates account and use an Amazon link with an account tracking number. Amazon will provide link click-through data that you can use, to a certain extent, to corroborate whether links were actually clicked. More importantly, you can link clicks to actual sales plus receive an extra percentage of the sale for bringing traffic to Amazon.

Offline Flay Otters

• New Preston CT
    • Stone the crows!
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: March 19, 2018, 06:16:40 am »
    There have been a couple of anonymous reports on 4chan that Google actively creates AI bots to run on Twitter for political and monetary scams.
    Try Googling it. (irony alert).
    So I am quite sure that Twitter would happily have trained monkeys keep hitting that big red button if it devolves to their bottom line from yours.
    Your mileage may vary of course.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement