Author Topic: Strange but true, can you relate?  (Read 363 times)  

Online Acheknia

• UK
    • View Profile
Strange but true, can you relate?
« on: April 22, 2018, 02:00:26 AM »
Every time I release a book, I buy one for me & one for my daughter (my biggest fan) :)

With my latest book being quite recent, my daughter is currently reading it.

We went out together for the afternoon & as we drank our coffee in Ikea, she was telling me where she was up to in the book, bits she especially liked etc, she suddenly laughed at a memory & explained that she was waiting for a bus recently but she didn't want to get the number 14 because she felt uneasy at everything that was going on around there (near my house), she had to remind herself it wasn't real, it was just a story but she still waited for the number 6.

My story is centred around where I live, 2 buses go quite near our houses, we live a short walk away from each other, the 14 goes closest to me & the 6 goes closest to her.
(In my story I've mentioned the number 5 & number 6 buses but my description of the area made it seem real to her)

It was so funny to us & it made me think there must be lots of funny little anecdotes people have about friends & family reading their work.  :)

Offline SA_Soule

• Northern CA
  • Author, Creativity Coach, & Avid Reader
    • View Profile
    • Amazon Author Profile
Re: Strange but true, can you relate?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2018, 01:49:52 PM »
Cute story! And it's great that you have your daughter's support. My mom is my biggest family-member fan and enjoys all of my fiction, too. Whenever I finish a new book, I buy her a copy to read. :-)

Offline notjohn

• View Profile
    • Notjohn's Self-Publishing Guide
Re: Strange but true, can you relate?
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 01:53:59 PM »
Yes, I do the same for my daughter. What an easy gift! And the net cost is less than what it would take to package and mail a paperback, never mind the paperback's cost.

Pity the Amazon gifting system didn't work across national borders!
Notjohn's Guide to E-Book & Print Formatting: http://viewbook.at/notjohn

The blog: http://notjohnkdp.blogspot.com