Kindle Forum banner

Kindle Paperwhite 4 rumor!!

7K views 34 replies 18 participants last post by  Paperbackstash 
#1 ·
#27 ·
You know - I don't think I ever tried to swipe close to the left-hand edge.  It's kind of a moot point now, but I have my paperwhite on a charger and I'm going to test this.  I'm not sure why I thought it didn't work - maybe because one of my Nooks let me change the tap areas??

Drat - if that works I have to think of a new reason to need buttons.

#28 ·
I have 2 Voyages and this news makes me want to grab one more. It is the perfect device for me. I love the flat screen with great contrast, haptic buttons, light weight and also the Origami case which is perfect for holding the Voyage up while eating. I didn't like either version of the Oasis and I don't want to go back to a Paperwhite, especially one with an orange screen. Long live the Voyage!

#29 ·
Just keep in mind this is just a rumor, from a site that isn't always very reliable with those rumors.
Also, in the case they do take out some kindles from their line up, always keep an eye out on the woot.com site. They own that now and very often they have older kindles for cheap there from when they clean out their stock I guess.

#32 ·
I am reading on an Oasis 2 these days, and apart from the amount of text on the screen, I don't really like it, but...

- I gave my Voyage to my Dearly Beloved when I got the Oasis, and she's not about to give it back.

Oh well. Serves me right, I suppose.

#35 ·
I'm hoping this is true since my main e-book reader is the last gen Paperwhite. I know a lot of people want a bigger screen and version but truthfully this isn't a concern for me since I love the size and shape of the current kindle and is one reason the new Oasis hasn't appealed to me. Buttons would be nice but I'm not used to them so it is not a feature I need or would boycott over. What I'd like is better adaptable lighting, waterproofing and audio support. Also faster processor. Waterproofing may sound unlikely since they want to continue selling the more experience Oasis --- however, Kobo offers a waterproof e-reader in the similar price range of the Paperwhite already so there is a competitive possibility. Audio would be nice for the audible interest but wouldn't be a deal breaker for me either way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.