NetGalley

Author Topic: Organizing Collections on Kindle Oasis 2  (Read 403 times)  

Offline etexlady

• View Profile
Organizing Collections on Kindle Oasis 2
« on: May 15, 2018, 07:41:57 AM »
I recently added several collections on my Oasis2.  They appear on the front screen of the Oasis and are in alphabetical order.  I want them to be in a different order.  Can that be done?  I've thought about numbering each collection or putting A-B-C at the beginning of the Collection name but would prefer to just rearrange them.

Offline Linjeakel

• United Kingdom
  • Erm .....
    • View Profile
Re: Organizing Collections on Kindle Oasis 2
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 08:46:16 AM »
You can't choose the order, it's strictly alphabetical. The only way to change it to suit yourself is to put a number or symbol - or spaces I think - in front of the title as numbers and symbols are counted as coming first, alphabetically speaking.

If you use symbols, you'll have to experiment to see which order they come in. Some years ago when this problem first came up, I think someone on here did make a list of symbol order, but I have no idea which thread that was in, you'd have to try searching - unless anyone else can remember?

« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 08:48:15 AM by Linjeakel »
"A person who publishes books, willfully appears before the populace with his pants down." Edna St. Vincent Millay

Member since 03/17/2010 | (make your own reading bar) |
My Kindles: Kindle Voyage  | Kindle Paperwhite  |  Fire HD 10  | Kindle DX  | Kindle Touch

Offline Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
  • Arlington, VA
  • Laugh Loud. Run Fast. Be Kind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 03:23:15 AM »
You can't choose the order, it's strictly alphabetical. The only way to change it to suit yourself is to put a number or symbol - or spaces I think - in front of the title as numbers and symbols are counted as coming first, alphabetically speaking.

If you use symbols, you'll have to experiment to see which order they come in. Some years ago when this problem first came up, I think someone on here did make a list of symbol order, but I have no idea which thread that was in, you'd have to try searching - unless anyone else can remember?

I remember that thread!  No idea what it was called, though, so would be hard to search. Also, I think, at some point, the order changed for non alpha-numeric characters.

My Kindles
Nautilus (Voyage)
Oasis 2016
AquaKindle
Godric's Hollow (Basic)
S7Edge (KApp for Android)
Galaxy (KApp for Android)
(Make your own reading bar) | Ann Von Hagel | Arlington, VA | kboards  MODERATOR

Offline etexlady

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 07:06:25 AM »
Thanks for the suggestions.  Since it was alphabetical only, I ended up changing the names of some of the Collections so they are in an order I can live with.