Author Topic: Interesting game  (Read 360 times)  

Offline Mike D. aka jmiked

• Terra firma
    • View Profile
Interesting game
« on: May 20, 2018, 02:40:44 pm »
One of the few games I have on my phone/tablet is GeoGuessr. It is an app that lets you specify a city, country, or the world, and it will go to a random location within that selection and you have to find out where you are using Google Street View. Google Street View is the function of Google Maps where is there is a car wandering the streets taking photographs of everything. The more accurately you can pinpoint the location, the more points you get. It can take quite a while.

Once I have been dropped in northern Portugal, and once in central Croatia. The Portugal location was in a small village and I finally identified it by the sign above a business. In Croatia, I actually landed not too far from a city limits sign of another small village, but there were two places in Croatia with the same name, which was a bit confusing at first.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline michaelcsahd

• Texas
      • View Profile
      • The Official Website of Author Michael C. Sahd
    Re: Interesting game
    « Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 09:16:28 am »
    That sounds like a fun, difficult, and certainly interesting game! The city limits sign must have been convenient.  :)
    Lavender Rose: 20%
    I would love to hear from you on social media!
    Michael C. Sahd | Author Page | Website | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | LibraryThing

KBoards.com

• Advertisement