Author Topic: Barnes & Noble Nook Blurb Lost Formatting  (Read 536 times)  

Offline Mimsy

• View Profile
Barnes & Noble Nook Blurb Lost Formatting
« on: June 08, 2018, 01:27:41 pm »
I just switched from Draft2Digital to uploading direct to Barnes & Noble via Nook Press. I formatted my blurb like I always do (two header lines and two separate paragraphs) but, when it went live, everything was mashed together into one untidy run-on paragraph. I emailed Nook support but it's been 48 hours and I haven't heard back. Is there some trick to blurb formatting for Barnes & Noble? This was never an issue when I submitted through D2D.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline FelissaEly

• Wife and PA of author, Stephan Morse!
      • View Profile
      • FrustratedEgo Stories
    Re: Barnes & Noble Nook Blurb Lost Formatting
    « Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 01:43:57 pm »
    I had the same issue when uploading my husband's boxed set, it was a huge mess - so I just used https://kindlepreneur.com/amazon-book-description-generator/ and copied it into the blurb area, worked like a charm! Hope that helps :)

Offline Mimsy

• View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: June 08, 2018, 02:07:35 pm »
    You need to use HTML, it's not wysiwyg. And it's messy HTML at that. Line breaks work better than paragraph breaks in my experience.

It's a total pita.
    I had the same issue when uploading my husband's boxed set, it was a huge mess - so I just used https://kindlepreneur.com/amazon-book-description-generator/ and copied it into the blurb area, worked like a charm! Hope that helps :)

Thank you both! I'm trying to update it with html now. Hopefully that will work for me.

ETA: It hasn't worked, unfortunately. Unless it is just taking super long to update the changes. I entered my blurb in html and re-published the change, but even after all these hours, it's still the same mass of unformatted text.  :(
    « Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 04:57:32 pm by Mimsy »

Offline Mimsy

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: June 09, 2018, 01:08:12 am »
    <br/><br/>

No, I don't know why you have to say it twice, but it's working. Copy that bit of html everywhere you want a paragraph.

Thanks for the advice! The html changes finally registered. It just took all day. Nerve racking!

Offline notjohn

• View Profile
      • Notjohn's Self-Publishing Guide
    « Reply #4 on: June 09, 2018, 07:01:09 am »
    <br/><br/>

No, I don't know why you have to say it twice, but it's working. Copy that bit of html everywhere you want a paragraph.

I have found the same thing to be true on Author Central, where <p> gets me nothing. (One says it twice in order to get the blank line we expect to see between paragraphs on web pages.)

About B&N Support: in the days when I uploaded to B&N (I now use Draft2Digital), their Support was just about nonexistent.
    Notjohn's Guide to E-Book & Print Formatting: http://viewbook.at/notjohn

The blog: http://notjohnkdp.blogspot.com

Offline Mimsy

• View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: June 09, 2018, 12:59:54 pm »
    I have found the same thing to be true on Author Central, where <p> gets me nothing. (One says it twice in order to get the blank line we expect to see between paragraphs on web pages.)

About B&N Support: in the days when I uploaded to B&N (I now use Draft2Digital), their Support was just about nonexistent.

How disappointing. I thought if you went direct the support was supposed to be better? But you're right. B&N support never even answered my message about formatting. If I hadn't been able to get the answer here, I'd have been out of luck!

KBoards.com

• Advertisement