Author Topic: Apple Watch  (Read 3779 times)  

Offline tdanzie

• View Profile
Re: Apple Watch
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2018, 05:15:26 pm »
You can load your audiobooks on the Apple Watch 3?
Yes, you can. The Audible app is now available on Apple Watch.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Betsy the Quilter

• To paraphrase Bill Murray in Groundhog Day: "I'm a goddess; not THE Goddess. I don't think."
    • Alexandria, VA
    • Love all, moderate all, to quote my friend Harvey.
      • View Profile
      • Betsy True Designs
    « Reply #51 on: October 19, 2018, 05:47:33 pm »
    Yes, you can. The Audible app is now available on Apple Watch.

That's cool.  Though I think I would still prefer to use the phone for Audible...I'll have to play around with it.

Betsy
    Goodreads Goal -- 75 books

Joined 10/27/2008  | Miss you, Harvey, Jeff & Dona!
    Harvey Chute (1962-2015), KB Founder

Proud Owner: Oasis/Voyage/Touch/Basic/K1/Fire HDX    KB Member #72
    Betsy True Designs Facebook | My Store

Offline Mike D. aka jmiked

• Terra firma
      • View Profile
    « Reply #52 on: October 20, 2018, 08:36:58 pm »
     Here is a tip that I recently found out about: when the watch is in Theater Mode (i.e., it will only show the time when you tap it and not every time you move your wrist) you can turn the crown to increase the brightness of the display from all the way off to all the way on. This way you can check the time without disturbing anybody near you by making it just bright enough for you to be able to see it.

I may have mentioned before that I put the watch in Theater Mode when I am asleep so that it wont light up the room every time I move my arm.

Offline Jane917

• Ridgefield, WA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #53 on: October 20, 2018, 08:55:56 pm »
    Here is a tip that I recently found out about: when the watch is in Theater Mode (i.e., it will only show the time when you tap it and not every time you move your wrist) you can turn the crown to increase the brightness of the display from all the way off to all the way on. This way you can check the time without disturbing anybody near you by making it just bright enough for you to be able to see it.

I may have mentioned before that I put the watch in Theater Mode when I am asleep so that it wont light up the room every time I move my arm.

I have not slept with my watch yet, so thanks for the tip. You may have mentioned this earlier, but is there a sleep app that you recommend?
    Words with Friends: Jane917

(Make your own reading bar)

• Terra firma
      • View Profile
    « Reply #54 on: October 20, 2018, 09:07:37 pm »
    I have not slept with my watch yet, so thanks for the tip. You may have mentioned this earlier, but is there a sleep app that you recommend?

I use Sleep++.

Offline tsemple

• View Profile
    « Reply #55 on: November 09, 2018, 04:53:15 pm »
    That's cool.  Though I think I would still prefer to use the phone for Audible...I'll have to play around with it.

Betsy

I cannot get it to sync to watch reliably(*), and when that works, it takes a long time to copy it over (3 or 4 minutes per hour of audio). It says it will be faster if Watch is on charging dock, which mostly seems to mean it does not sync at all if it isnt (some sort of limitation of WatchOS?). But it is great to go for a walk or run and leave the phone behind (I used to carry it in a waist belt).

They finally fixed the bug where playing Audible content from phone would launch Audible app on Watch, which ironically prevented one from controlling playback on the phone (had to manually switch to the Watchs media player). Ideally the Watch app could control both onboard content and content playing back on the phone (with the additional controls for speed, chapter navigation etc.). My podcast apps Watch app does this.

(*) I think I know why: Watch cannot connect to corporate secure WiFi as devices have to be individually authorized to do so. Have to drop off secure WiFi and connect to WiFi where phone can share the credentials with Watch. Not going to be a problem for most folks, though. For some reason sync does not use Bluetooth, which seems like it would be a good fallback even if it is slower.

Offline etexlady

• View Profile
    « Reply #56 on: December 06, 2018, 07:48:41 am »
    Apple Watch OS software update 5.1.2 drops today.  It includes the ECG feature for the Series 4 Watch as well as irregular heartbeat notifications on Series 1, 2, 3 and 4 watches.  Probably some other stuff too. 

Offline KimberlyinMN

• NW Minnesota
    • Kindle Voyage Wi-Fi
      • View Profile
    « Reply #57 on: December 06, 2018, 08:02:04 am »
    Apple Watch OS software update 5.1.2 drops today.  It includes the ECG feature for the Series 4 Watch as well as irregular heartbeat notifications on Series 1, 2, 3 and 4 watches.  Probably some other stuff too.

Nice!! I was looking at the settings yesterday and did see that I can set up a notice if my heartbeat exceeds x bpm, which is pretty cool. That's probably always been there... ;) My pulse is pretty low at a normal 50 bpm (and double-digit blood pressure readings too).

Offline Jane917

• Ridgefield, WA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #58 on: December 06, 2018, 08:18:59 am »
    Nice!! I was looking at the settings yesterday and did see that I can set up a notice if my heartbeat exceeds x bpm, which is pretty cool. That's probably always been there... ;) My pulse is pretty low at a normal 50 bpm (and double-digit blood pressure readings too).

My watch says I am up to date with 5.1.1. Will 5.1.2 drop automatically?

Offline mpeg2

• View Profile
    Multiple bluetooth connections from phone
    « Reply #59 on: December 06, 2018, 08:42:34 am »
    I use bluetooth headphones connected to my phone for music while taking walks. Can my iphone do this and connect to the Watch over bluetooth simultaneously??

Rich

• Terra firma
      • View Profile
    Re: Multiple bluetooth connections from phone
    « Reply #60 on: December 06, 2018, 09:07:53 am »
    I use bluetooth headphones connected to my phone for music while taking walks. Can my iphone do this and connect to the Watch over bluetooth simultaneously??

Rich

Yes. I do this frequently.

Offline mpeg2

• View Profile
    « Reply #61 on: December 06, 2018, 09:51:37 am »
    "Yes. I do this frequently."

Mike - Thanks.

Rich

Offline etexlady

• View Profile
    « Reply #62 on: December 06, 2018, 10:35:45 am »
    My watch says I am up to date with 5.1.1. Will 5.1.2 drop automatically?

Per MacRumors, it is expected to be available around 10:00 am Pacific time.  I'm not sure you can auto-update the watch OS since it has to be updated via the watch app on your iphone.  I just checked my iphone watch app and it shows the update is now available for me (Central Time Zone).

Offline etexlady

• View Profile
    « Reply #63 on: December 06, 2018, 12:38:00 pm »
    Have mine updated and set up for ECG and other health features.  My first ECG result was normal.   ;D

Offline Jane917

• Ridgefield, WA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #64 on: December 06, 2018, 04:04:41 pm »
    Have mine updated and set up for ECG and other health features.  My first ECG result was normal.   ;D

I just checked my tech app gain and he update is downloading. I dont have the 4, so wont get the ECG.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement