Author Topic: April payment for Australia - missing sales royalties?  (Read 4120 times)  

Offline Simon Haynes

• View Profile
    • spacejock.com.au
Re: April payment for Australia - missing sales royalties?
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2018, 04:02:40 am »
Nope, nothing yet.

Also yWriter, free novel-writing software for Windows PCs. (Mac version in progress).
SalesScanner, free KDP/Google Play/Kobo/Smashwords report analyser & aggregator.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline going going gone

• don't tread on me
      • View Profile
    « Reply #26 on: June 22, 2018, 04:23:57 am »
    aha. this explains why my estimate of royalties was off my actual payment. Thanks to those of you who look at that carefully and report it. I simply shrugged and moved on, and if someone hadn't reported it, I'd be out that money.
    Love of money is the root of all evil.

Offline Tilly

• View Profile
    « Reply #27 on: June 22, 2018, 02:11:44 pm »
    Has anyone else NOT received any payment notifications yet from Amazon? I've never had them be this late before  :( I am expecting payments for AU, US, UK, CA and EU. When I check my payments tab, nothing is showing yet for April royalties.

Offline Lady Vine

• Eye right books. Eye like two reed. Bye my books.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #28 on: June 22, 2018, 02:38:53 pm »
    Has anyone else NOT received any payment notifications yet from Amazon? I've never had them be this late before  :( I am expecting payments for AU, US, UK, CA and EU. When I check my payments tab, nothing is showing yet for April royalties.

I've only received my Createspace notifications, nothing from KDP. Payments are showing as pending on the dashboard, however. And yes, the AU sales are missing from mine.

Offline Bec

• Melbourne, Australia
      • View Profile
      • R.M. Allinson's blog
    « Reply #29 on: June 22, 2018, 04:20:31 pm »
    I haven't received the .com email nor is it on the Payments dashboard with my CA, MX, UK, or AU payments.

I did get an email back from zon about the missing AU sales, basically saying it was above his pay grade and he's forwarded it to the tech team and would get back to me by the 25th.

R.M. Allinson

Offline The one with all the big dresses on the covers

• Australia
      • View Profile
    « Reply #30 on: June 22, 2018, 04:47:09 pm »
    So some people have received at least some of the payment notification emails? I still haven't received any, other than that one AU one that seems to be linked to KU payment only. I also don't think I've ever received them this late before.

Should there be a correlation between the number of Amazon stuff ups there are in June and how scared we are of 1 July? :D
    « Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 05:28:05 pm by MelanieCellier »

Offline CJArcher

• View Profile
      • CJ Archer
    « Reply #31 on: June 22, 2018, 05:15:43 pm »
    No remittance advice emails for me either for any of the stores. Also nothing in the Payments tab of my dash for April sales. I emailed KDP and this was their response:
    "A technical error in our payment system caused a delay in the remittance emails for your royalty payments this month. The error has been corrected and you will receive the email notices within the next few days. Were still on schedule to deliver your payment by the end of the month."
    « Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 11:52:35 pm by CJArcher »

C.J. Archer: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads | Tumblr

• Australia
      • View Profile
    « Reply #32 on: June 22, 2018, 05:27:09 pm »
    No remittance advice emails for me either for any of the stores. Also nothing in the Payments tab of my dash for May sales. I emailed KDP and this was their response:
    "A technical error in our payment system caused a delay in the remittance emails for your royalty payments this month. The error has been corrected and you will receive the email notices within the next few days. Were still on schedule to deliver your payment by the end of the month."

I'd like to think they realise there's a widespread problem and are fixing it for everyone, but I'm thinking I should email them too in case they're fixing people manually as they email in ::)

Online Can neither confirm nor deny that I am W.R. Gingell -_-

• R.I.P. KBoards
      • View Profile
      • The WR(ite) Blog
    « Reply #33 on: June 22, 2018, 05:52:15 pm »
    I haven't got any of my notification emails yet, either. Never had 'em this late before.

So...

Is that people around the world aren't getting the payment notifications for just the AU store,

and,

Just people from Australia who aren't getting ANY notifications?

Or is is people everywhere not getting any notifications?

• R.I.P. KBoards
      • View Profile
      • The WR(ite) Blog
    « Reply #34 on: June 22, 2018, 05:53:30 pm »
    I mean, July 1st is when anyone from here in Australia won't be able to use the US store anymore, so stuff could be mucked up that only revolves around AU store and AU publishers, I suppose?

Offline Tilly

• View Profile
    « Reply #35 on: June 22, 2018, 05:56:00 pm »
    I'm Downunder - it seems to be a number of us haven't received any notifications nor do we have any payments pending on the dashboard.

I emailed about it yesterday, but haven't received any response yet.

Offline Escapee

• Australia
      • View Profile
    « Reply #36 on: June 22, 2018, 06:04:58 pm »
    I haven't got any of my notification emails yet, either. Never had 'em this late before.

So...

Is that people around the world aren't getting the payment notifications for just the AU store,

and,

Just people from Australia who aren't getting ANY notifications?

Or is is people everywhere not getting any notifications?

I'm in Australia and I've received all of the notifications except the AU one. There is no record of the pending AU payment in my payments tab either.

Offline AltMe

• WriterSanctum
    • Off the VS rocker.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #37 on: June 22, 2018, 07:28:43 pm »
    I'm Downunder - it seems to be a number of us haven't received any notifications nor do we have any payments pending on the dashboard.

I got all of mine just fine. All emails accounted for, and all payment lines showing.

Only the Aus sales is missing.

I'm not sure why people are panicking. Its 22 June in the US. They have a week to fix things before actual payment day arrives. Lets just let them do their job. It's pretty obvious something about GST on Australian sales crashed part of the payment system. Such things take time to fix. No need to panic until the payment isn't made this month.

Gone to WriterSanctum.

I do not consent to the new TOS, and do not give my consent by posting and maintaining my membership here.

*** Warning: If you are reading this post more than 6 months after it was posted, the information in it is out of date, and useless to you. The eBook market changes rapidly, and advice more than 6 months old is out of date. Use at your own risk! ***

Offline Tilly

• View Profile
    « Reply #38 on: June 22, 2018, 07:55:33 pm »
    No need to panic until the payment isn't made this month.

Not sure who that comment is directed at, but I don't see anyone in this thread panicking? We're just trying to figure out what sub-set of authors is affected. Given some have received notifications where other Australian authors haven't, it might be an issue with wire transfers to Ozzie bank accounts, as some in this thread use Payoneer (which is a US-based bank account).

Offline Simon Haynes

• View Profile
      • spacejock.com.au
    « Reply #39 on: June 22, 2018, 11:34:47 pm »
    I got all of mine just fine. All emails accounted for, and all payment lines showing.

Only the Aus sales is missing.

I'm not sure why people are panicking. Its 22 June in the US. They have a week to fix things before actual payment day arrives. Lets just let them do their job. It's pretty obvious something about GST on Australian sales crashed part of the payment system. Such things take time to fix. No need to panic until the payment isn't made this month.

They basically said 'here's your $pocketchange for the month' when I was expecting $weeklywage, so I queried it.

Late emails I can handle. Emails with incorrect information I like to deal with quickly.

Also yWriter, free novel-writing software for Windows PCs. (Mac version in progress).
    SalesScanner, free KDP/Google Play/Kobo/Smashwords report analyser & aggregator.

• R.I.P. KBoards
      • View Profile
      • The WR(ite) Blog
    « Reply #40 on: June 23, 2018, 02:18:01 am »

I don't think anyone here is panicking--we're just checking to see if others are experiencing what we're experiencing. You know, a first step so we can then take other steps if it's a widespread problem?

Since I would usually have my payment emails two days ago, I don't think it's unprecedented to ask some questions. This is the first time I haven't had the payments listed or the emails out by now.

• Australia
      • View Profile
    « Reply #41 on: June 23, 2018, 02:46:41 am »
    I don't think anyone here is panicking--we're just checking to see if others are experiencing what we're experiencing. You know, a first step so we can then take other steps if it's a widespread problem?

Since I would usually have my payment emails two days ago, I don't think it's unprecedented to ask some questions. This is the first time I haven't had the payments listed or the emails out by now.

Im with you on this one, and Id definitely rather not wait until I dont get paid at all this month to start asking questions! Especially since in the past when authors reported not getting the emails due to some glitch, they then didnt get paid, and after sorting it out with Amazon, they then had to wait until the next payment cycle to get paid. If some people have received the emails, Im definitely emailing Amazon as soon as I get home if my emails havent appeared.

• R.I.P. KBoards
      • View Profile
      • The WR(ite) Blog
    « Reply #42 on: June 23, 2018, 03:16:45 am »
    Im with you on this one, and Id definitely rather not wait until I dont get paid at all this month to start asking questions! Especially since in the past when authors reported not getting the emails due to some glitch, they then didnt get paid, and after sorting it out with Amazon, they then had to wait until the next payment cycle to get paid. If some people have received the emails, Im definitely emailing Amazon as soon as I get home if my emails havent appeared.

Oh goodness, yes! I had that happen to me a year or so ago--and it took them three months to fix it. THREE. And they were treating me like I was insane for most of that time. Wouldn't even admit at first that the money hadn't gone through, then took ages to fix it...

SUCH fun.

Offline AmesburyArcher

• U.K.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #43 on: June 23, 2018, 03:47:05 am »
    I'm only missing the Australian royalties but I am still going to email if there's no change by Monday. I don't believe in leaving things to chance.
    Once time some years ago I had no payment emails and nothing showing at all on the dashboard . Many folks said 'it will  arrive.' However, when I contacted Amazon, they admitted it was an error--and I would NOT have been paid had I not queried.
    Author of books both historical and fantastical-Stonehenge, Arthurian, Richard III, English queens & mistresses, Robin Hood, dystopian Canada (!) and more...
    Author of historical fiction & historical fantasy
    J.P. Reedman | fb | fb | fb | fb

Offline Nobody222

• View Profile
    « Reply #44 on: June 23, 2018, 05:56:38 am »
    Not only for Australia (.com.au), but I'm missing India (.in) and The Netherlands' (.nl) payments as well.

I didn't receive emails for these three stores, nor are they showing up as usual on the Payment's dashboard at KDP.

Already contacted Amazon. Still waiting for an answer.

Offline EveLanglais

• Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
      • View Profile
      • Eve Langlais -Romance Author
    « Reply #45 on: June 23, 2018, 05:59:25 am »
    Not only for Australia (.com.au), but I'm missing India (.in) and The Netherlands' (.nl) payments as well.

I didn't receive emails for these three stores, nor are they showing up as usual on the Payment's dashboard at KDP.

Already contacted Amazon. Still waiting for an answer.
    I'm missing those countries as well. And all my KDP produced print sales haven't been included either for all the countries.
    Eve Langlais

Offline Patty Jansen

• Sydney, Australia
    • Destroyer of Science Fiction
      • View Profile
      • Patty Jansen Author of SF and fantasy
    « Reply #46 on: June 23, 2018, 06:03:26 am »
    That's nothing.

I've received BUPKIS.

Nothing at all. Like, nothing. No emails, nothing in the dashboard.

• R.I.P. KBoards
      • View Profile
      • The WR(ite) Blog
    « Reply #47 on: June 23, 2018, 06:22:49 am »
    That's nothing.

I've received BUPKIS.

yeah, same  >:(

• Australia
      • View Profile
    « Reply #48 on: June 23, 2018, 06:40:09 am »
    That's nothing.

I've received BUPKIS.

yeah, same  >:(

The only email I've received is for AU and that seems to only be for KU royalties, so presumably wouldn't have been received by wide authors in the same situation. I contacted KDP tonight via the dashboard and got a very fast response. (About an hour, I would say.) The response was nearly the same as CJArcher received.

"A technical error in our payment system caused a delay in the remittance emails for your royalty payments this month. Our technical team is aware of this problem and is working hard to fix it as soon as possible. We're still on schedule to deliver your payment by the end of the month."

I believe CJArcher's response said her error had been fixed which made me think maybe we all needed to email in individually to get it fixed on an account by account basis. The speed of my response makes me think it was basically an automated reply, and that they're aware of the problem more generally and are working on it. Having said that, if it were me, I'd still be emailing them!

Offline AltMe

• WriterSanctum
    • Off the VS rocker.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #49 on: June 23, 2018, 06:42:32 am »
    It is possible that some of the payments went through, excluding the sales part, and then the payments system crashed completely. So only some people got their notifications.
    If the system crashed, they have to fix it.
    I had a response myself from KDP, saying the payment missing on the report would be made by the end of the month.
    So at this point, I'd suggest just register your problem with them just to be sure, and then we wait to see how long it takes them to fix it.
    Gone to WriterSanctum.

I do not consent to the new TOS, and do not give my consent by posting and maintaining my membership here.

*** Warning: If you are reading this post more than 6 months after it was posted, the information in it is out of date, and useless to you. The eBook market changes rapidly, and advice more than 6 months old is out of date. Use at your own risk! ***

KBoards.com

• Advertisement