Author Topic: Erik Andersen Premade Sci-fi/Fantasy Covers - $250-350  (Read 3406 times)  

Offline erikjandersen

• Wisconsin, USA
  • Author/Cover Designer
    • View Profile
    • Erik Andersen, Author/Designer
Erik Andersen Premade Sci-fi/Fantasy Covers - $250-350
« on: July 02, 2018, 06:49:31 am »
Hey all. I hope this post is okay - I *think* it is, based on the "Vendors may maintain a single thread about their service" rule, but let me know if it needs to come down.

I'm Erik Andersen and I'd like to introduce y'all to my collection of pre-made sci-fi covers. Originally born out of a desire to use my decade of Photoshop experience to save money while writing my own works, I quickly discovered that I loved making these as much as I loved writing. I hope some of you here at KBoards can find something in this collection that inspires you. New covers will be added every week.

Thanks for taking the time to have a look!

https://erikjandersen.com/

Here's a little preview:

« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 10:07:20 am by erikjandersen »

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Talbot

• Raleigh, NC
      • View Profile
    Re: Erik Andersen Premade Sci-fi Covers
    « Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018, 07:57:37 am »
    Mmmm, I like those. Best of luck!

Offline VanessaC

• View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: July 02, 2018, 08:06:26 am »
    Oh, lovely.  You've come to the right place - lots of people here love spaceships!

Offline RebeccaMarshall

• Ontario, Canada
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: July 02, 2018, 08:43:37 am »
    These are great. The detail on sci-fi covers are so impressive.

Offline erikjandersen

• Wisconsin, USA
    • Author/Cover Designer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: July 27, 2018, 11:37:04 am »
    Hey all. I've expanded my premade covers a bit, adding a couple of fantasy-oriented covers (with many more to come!)

In addition, as a way of introducing myself to the self-publishing community and building relationships here, I'm offering a huge special through the end of July - ANY cover in the store, regardless of category and ALONG with all extras for FREE, can be yours for only $150! I hope you find something you like!

Offline erikjandersen

• Wisconsin, USA
    • Author/Cover Designer
      • View Profile
    A few new sci-fi covers going up today. Through August, any cover comes with all extras included at no cost. I hope you find something you like!

Offline Herefortheride

• Chengdu
    • Loving every minute
      • View Profile
    I like your covers!

I wish you had more in the fantasy style like the last one. But currently, not much to choose from. What a shame.

Offline erikjandersen

• Wisconsin, USA
    • Author/Cover Designer
      • View Profile
    Thank you!

I definitely have more fantasy covers in progress, and I hope to get three or four of them up in the next week.

Offline Becca Mills

• Global Moderator
    • California
      • View Profile
    Greetings, Erik! You're welcome to promote your business and website here in the Writers' Cafe.

Now that you have an official thread, you'll want to add your listing to our Yellow Pages, found here: https://www.kboards.com/yp/. The listing is free to KB members and is completely self-service; you can add and edit your listing from the page. More information on our Yellow Pages listing can be found here.

In your thread here, we ask that the same basic rules be followed as we have for authors in the Book Bazaar: you may have this one thread about your service and must post to it rather than start a new thread each time. New threads about the service will be removed. Please bookmark this thread so that you can find it again when you want to post.

You may not make back-to-back posts to the thread within seven days. If someone responds (as I'm doing with this post), you may reply to them, but otherwise you must wait seven days. Any pattern of posting designed to artificially bump your thread to the top of the forum is prohibited. Please note that very short or (one- or two-word) posts with no meaningful information are discouraged and may be deleted at the moderators' discretion.

Lastly, your posts and images will need to meet our "forum decorum" guidelines, which is the case for every member.

You may find that members ask searching questions -- about how your service works, for example, or what they will get for their money, or whether your service adheres to Amazon's terms of service. Such "vetting" is a common here and can be rigorous.

Note that members are allowed to provide civil and honest feedback about your service in this thread. This feedback may include criticisms as well as kudos. You may respond to criticism in a civil manner, but name-calling, badgering, accusations of lying, and other breaches of forum decorum can lead to loss of vendor posting privileges.

Any and all disputes between you and your clients should be handled off-site.

Thanks,
    Becca
    KBoards Moderator

(Note that this welcome does not constitute an endorsement or vetting of a service by KBoards. Members should do due diligence when considering using a service.)

Welcome! :)
    Read about using the Writers' Cafe here. Our larger "forum decorum" is here. The site's overall terms of use are here. Please be aware of this material.
    Troubleshooting: If you're having difficulties with advertising on KBoards, the contact email is [email protected] You can also use our PM system to contact the site's owners via the vsAdmin account. The Link-Maker and Author Signature Tool long longer function. There's a manual version of the former here and a workaround for the latter here.

Offline OliviaMibl

• Professional book cover designer
      • View Profile
      • MiblArt| Custom Book Cover Design
    Great covers Eric!

Offline Jerry S.

• View Profile
    Great covers! Will be sending a request soon

Offline erikjandersen

• Wisconsin, USA
    • Author/Cover Designer
      • View Profile
    Re: Erik Andersen Premade Sci-fi/Fantasy Covers - $50 OFF THROUGH SEPTEMBER
    « Reply #11 on: September 10, 2018, 03:14:45 am »
    Hey all. First off, thank you all for your kind compliments.

Just checking in to let you know of a special I'm running - through September, any cover in store is $50 off the listed price!

I apologize for the delay on fantasy covers that some had wanted. A few computer issues held me up, but I hope to have most of them posted by the end of the week!

Also, this is something I thought I'd try for fun - what is a fantasy/sci-fi cover you've always wanted to see? Something that would cause you to pick the book up while walking browsing the shelves, or clicking through Amazon? A rusty space freighter cruising low over the ocean of some distant planet? Eerie magical light shining through cracks in the floor of an abandoned castle?

Leave a comment, and I'll take one or two and let my imagination run wild. No guarantees, of course - these might turn out completely differently than what you imagined, and they would be posted to the store as premades, not as personal commissions. Just thought this might be a fun way to involve y'all in the process, without needing to charge a full commission price. Let me know your thoughts!

Offline erikjandersen

• Wisconsin, USA
    • Author/Cover Designer
      • View Profile
    Re: Erik Andersen Premade Sci-fi/Fantasy Covers - ALL COVERS 50% OFF ($100-150!)
    « Reply #12 on: September 22, 2018, 02:02:25 am »
    Hey all. First off, I have a couple of new fantasy premades available -

Second, and perhaps more important - as the year winds down, I'm realizing that I haven't spent enough of my work time focused on writing, and book covers have eaten a large chunk of that.

So, I'm having a liquidation sale on the remaining premades in my cover store - ever cover in store is now 50% off. That means all of these custom Sci-fi/Fantasy premades are going for only $100-150!

Thanks for viewing! I hope y'all can find something you like.
    « Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 03:51:50 am by erikjandersen »

Offline erikjandersen

• Wisconsin, USA
    • Author/Cover Designer
      • View Profile
    Re: Erik Andersen Premade Sci-fi/Fantasy Covers - ($150-250)
    « Reply #13 on: October 31, 2018, 03:53:15 am »
    Some new sci-fi covers over at my website. Another set of five or so will be uploaded at the end of the week, and then some fantasy covers next week, so keep a look out for those! Thanks!

Offline erikjandersen

• Wisconsin, USA
    • Author/Cover Designer
      • View Profile
    Re: Erik Andersen Premade Sci-fi/Fantasy Covers - ($150-$250)
    « Reply #14 on: November 06, 2018, 06:35:36 pm »
    Got some more sci-fi premades. Check all the available covers over at erikjandersen.com!

Offline Herefortheride

• Chengdu
    • Loving every minute
      • View Profile
    « Reply #15 on: November 07, 2018, 07:25:59 am »
    I'd love to see some more fantasy premades. Yours are quite good. I'd almost certainly buy one.

Offline erikjandersen

• Wisconsin, USA
    • Author/Cover Designer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #16 on: November 07, 2018, 01:57:54 pm »
    Absolutely next on my list. I'm working on a set of high and dark fantasy castle covers - hope to post them in the next week!

Offline Sean D.

• View Profile
    « Reply #17 on: November 27, 2018, 05:01:41 pm »
    I like a lot of these. Do you do fully custom one-offs, and do you also do people? I like your style, especially the fantasy ones, but I only want bespoke covers made in collaboration. I am not an "artist" but I am a longtime graphic designer and layout designer, so I feel good with the fonts, text, placement, etc, I would just want the art.

Let me know! Cost is not a factor.

Offline erikjandersen

• Wisconsin, USA
    • Author/Cover Designer
      • View Profile
    Re: Erik Andersen Premade Sci-fi/Fantasy Covers - ($250-$350)
    « Reply #18 on: September 01, 2019, 05:46:28 pm »
    After a long while, a large batch of new sci-fi premades! Prices range from $250-350. In addition, old covers have been moved to the Bargain Bin, where they sell for only $175.

Check the whole set over at my website - https://erikjandersen.com/#section-13

Offline erikjandersen

• Wisconsin, USA
    • Author/Cover Designer
      • View Profile
    Re: Erik Andersen Premade Sci-fi/Fantasy Covers - ($250-$350)
    « Reply #19 on: January 14, 2020, 01:55:19 pm »
    Hey all. Back with some new sci-fi covers! Custom text styles are now included at no additional cost.

https://erikjandersen.com/#section-13

Offline Bella Breen

• South Dakota
      • View Profile
      • Bella Breen author of Pride and Prejudice variations
    Re: Erik Andersen Premade Sci-fi/Fantasy Covers - ($175-$350)
    « Reply #20 on: January 14, 2020, 04:41:13 pm »
    These are GORGEOUS.

How do you make the spaceships? Do you make them by hand? It's hard to find spaceship stock to buy.

Offline erikjandersen

• Wisconsin, USA
    • Author/Cover Designer
      • View Profile
    « Reply #21 on: January 15, 2020, 05:31:35 am »
    Thank you!

The spaceships are mostly made by hand, though I'll occasionally use a few kitbash parts to fill in some details. But they're all done by me, modeled and textured in 3D.

Offline C. Gockel

• Chicago, IL
      • View Profile
    « Reply #22 on: January 15, 2020, 08:25:10 am »
    Beautiful work!

I write books about Change, Chaos, and Loki
    C. Gockel | Website

Offline erikjandersen

• Wisconsin, USA
    • Author/Cover Designer
      • View Profile
    Re: Erik Andersen Premade Sci-fi/Fantasy Covers - 25% off February 17-19th!
    « Reply #23 on: February 17, 2020, 03:30:45 am »
    Thank you all for your kind words.

I'm posting here to let you know that, due to a rather sudden cross-country move, I'm knocking 25% off the price of every cover in store to raise some funds. The normal price range of $250-350 will be lowered to $187.50-$262.50.

This sale will last for the next 72 hours - I hope you find something you like!

Offline erikjandersen

• Wisconsin, USA
    • Author/Cover Designer
      • View Profile
    Re: Erik Andersen Premade Sci-fi/Fantasy Covers - $175-350
    « Reply #24 on: March 14, 2020, 02:06:48 am »
    Hey all! I had a client need to cancel a custom fantasy cover that I had already started the final draft on, so I've gone ahead and removed a few of their more specific requests and finished it off as a premade. $350.

This was a super fun project, so be on the lookout for more fantasy covers soon!

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline erikjandersen

• Wisconsin, USA
      • Author/Cover Designer
        • View Profile
      Re: Erik Andersen Premade Sci-fi/Fantasy Covers - $175-350
      « Reply #25 on: March 25, 2020, 08:56:35 am »
      Hey y'all. Two pieces of news.

First off, I'm lowering the prices in my store for the duration of the quarantine many of us find ourselves in right now - all covers are now $50 cheaper, and will be for the foreseeable future.

Second, I have two more fantasy covers available - the first for $250, the second for $225. Thanks!

Offline EmberKent

• Pacific Northwest
        • View Profile
        • Ember Editing
      Your work is fantastic!

Offline WaterRaven

• View Profile
        • SarahWaterRaven.com
      Erik, this is a long shot, but I figure no harm in asking. Your first post from 2018, the very first cover. I assume that one is long gone? I didn't see it listed in your premades on your website.

I just love it and had to ask.

Offline erikjandersen

• Wisconsin, USA
      • Author/Cover Designer
        • View Profile
      EmberKent - thank you so much!

WaterRaven - Unfortunately, that cover was snatched up pretty quickly once I opened up shop. Sorry!

Offline WaterRaven

• View Profile
        • SarahWaterRaven.com
      EmberKent - thank you so much!

WaterRaven - Unfortunately, that cover was snatched up pretty quickly once I opened up shop. Sorry!

Thank you so much for the quick reply!

I'll keep stopping in to see if you have another like it cycle through ^_^ It was just perfect for a story I am planning.

Offline erikjandersen

• Wisconsin, USA
      • Author/Cover Designer
        • View Profile
      Just popping in quick to post two new sci-fi premades and announce that all of my covers are now available for only $150, which is up to 50% off the regular price! Take a look over at my site, and see if there's anything that catches your interest.

https://erikjandersen.com/#section-13

Offline Herefortheride

• Chengdu
      • Loving every minute
        • View Profile
      Erik did a great job accomodating me on a premade fantasy cover for my recently finished short story collection. It's a new reader magnet for me and I was happy with his communication and speed of delivery. The only complaint I have is that he doesn't have many more fantasy covers for me to buy or reserve for my next magnets or small projects.

Offline erikjandersen

• Wisconsin, USA
      • Author/Cover Designer
        • View Profile
      Herefortheride - Thank you! I was glad to see that cover put to use, it was a fun project! Fantasy covers tend to be a significant bit of work compared to the average milSF/space opera cover, but I've got a few in the works.

I have another sci-fi premade available. It originally started out as a personal cover, and by the time I was halfway through the first draft, I realized that it didn't fit the story anymore! Like all covers on my site, this one goes for $150.

Offline erikjandersen

• Wisconsin, USA
      • Author/Cover Designer
        • View Profile
      Re: Erik Andersen Premade Sci-fi/Fantasy Covers - $250-350
      « Reply #33 on: July 30, 2020, 10:07:01 am »
      Hey all. Five new premade Sci-fi covers available over at my website, along with a whole host of others. These were fun to work on - hope y'all enjoy them!

KBoards.com

• Advertisement