Author Topic: KDP Bookshelf & Author Central - which one do I update?  (Read 734 times)  

Offline starkllr

• View Profile
KDP Bookshelf & Author Central - which one do I update?
« on: July 11, 2018, 07:01:43 am »
I'm working on updating the blurbs for all my books on Amazon, and I need some help.  Specifically:

Do I need to update the blurb on the KDP bookshelf, or on the book's page on Author Central, or both?  And, if both, what order do I need to do them in, so that the changes I want will actually stick?

I thought that Author Central overrode whatever was entered on the KDP bookshelf, but that doesn't appear to be the case for me. 

What if you could see everyone else's dreams?
J.J. DiBenedetto | Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Smashwords | Goodreads

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Used To Be BH

• View Profile
    Re: KDP Bookshelf & Author Central - which one do I update?
    « Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 07:09:31 am »
    I don't know if this is the best method, but I always update what I can on the bookshelf. I use Author Central for things I can't update through KDP, such as author bio and editorial review snippets.
    I have not consented to the new Terms of Service, which were implemented without any announcement and without the ability to accept or reject them. My continued participation on the forum is related only to addressing this issue and cannot be construed as implied consent.  9/19/2018

Online Azalea

• View Profile
      • Website
    « Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 09:32:42 am »
    I also update via the bookshelf. I'm not positive, but if I remember correctly Author Central will override your blurb, but only until you make a change to the book via the bookshelf, and then it reverts. I just figured it's not worth the hassle to mess with both, since every few months there's something small I tweak in my book files.

Offline MajesticMonkey

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: February 15, 2020, 01:52:35 pm »
    It seems like you can still update the Kindle edition via author central, that goes through in 24 hour or less. For the paperback however, after 4 days still nada. I know they say it takes 3-5 days but it used to be pretty instant. So I assume you now have to go through the dashboard in your KDP account for that. 

Offline MajesticMonkey

• View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: February 16, 2020, 02:40:02 am »
    It seems like you can still update the Kindle edition via author central, that goes through in 24 hour or less. For the paperback however, after 4 days still nada. I know they say it takes 3-5 days but it used to be pretty instant. So I assume you now have to go through the dashboard in your KDP account for that. 

Paperback description got updated within 24 hours via KDP.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement