Author Topic: Any actual Kindle owners here?  (Read 6357 times)  

Offline Sailor

• California
  • Babe of the Voyage
    • View Profile
Re: Any actual Kindle owners here?
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2008, 05:03:04 pm »
YES  PROUD NEW KINDLE OWNER HERE!!!  Amazing Kinny just arrived 15 minutes ago and he is 'in hand'.  I am now an 'Actual Kindle Owner'   WoooooooHooooooo!!!!
That which does not destroy me-has made a fatal tactical error!   You keep campaigning for a azz whoopin', you gonna get elected.  
It is not enough that I succeed. All who oppose me must fail.         You're never too old if you can still cock your pistol.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Michael R. Hicks

• USA
    • Inmate No. 155
      • View Profile
      • AuthorMichaelHicks.com - Official Site of Author Michael R. Hicks
    « Reply #26 on: November 06, 2008, 06:56:31 pm »
    We're a two-Kindle family! We got our Kindles in January (ordered in December '07), and we haven't read a single dead tree book since.

For myself, reading is a much more enjoyable experience now, largely because the Kindle screen and the easily-changed font sizes make reading a lot easier on my eyes. I know that I read a lot more than I did pre-Kindle, and I know for darned sure that my wife is, based on the purchase confirmations that keep rolling in from all the Kindle books she buys! But at the prices she gets most of them at, who can complain?

For those who are trying to live a "greener" lifestyle, the Kindle is a significant step in the right direction. I'll say right up front that I love real books, but when you look at the resources that go into producing books - from the felled trees, the industrial processes to make the paper and the books, even the gas burned up delivering them - it's time to move forward. And now I can carry a complete library in my hand.. :-)

Cheers,
    Mike
    I like to write, you like to read. So why don't you grab THREE of my best selling novels for free?

MonaLS

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2008, 07:23:05 pm »
    I'm a Kindle owner too, and I love my Kindle. It's so much easier to read with my Kindle because I can change the font size to whatever I need at the time. And so far I have three covers for my Kindle, Strangedogs, MiniSuit jacket and the original.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement