Author Topic: How well traveled is your Kindle?  (Read 5313 times)  

Offline Teach142

• View Profile
Re: How well traveled is your Kindle?
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2008, 02:27:47 pm »
Yes, I understand the whispernet won't work on the ship, but I wondered if I could download while in port.  I didn't really want to preload for the whole trip.  I used to live in a very rural part of the Big Island and had great cell service with Verizon.  My friends live in a suburb of Minneaplois and can't get crap with Sprint.  So, you just never know...

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Leslie

• Member 24!
    • Maine, USA
    • Kindle Paperwhite for Dummies available now!
      • View Profile
      • Maine Desk
    « Reply #26 on: November 03, 2008, 02:43:07 pm »
    Yes, I understand the whispernet won't work on the ship, but I wondered if I could download while in port.  I didn't really want to preload for the whole trip.  I used to live in a very rural part of the Big Island and had great cell service with Verizon.  My friends live in a suburb of Minneaplois and can't get crap with Sprint.  So, you just never know...

I saw you asked on another thread about service in Hawaii. I bet you'll be fine.

L

Leslie Nicoll

Offline Shizu

• View Profile
    « Reply #27 on: November 03, 2008, 02:48:52 pm »
    I went to Japan with my kindle for three weeks on September. It was nice to have all the books I wanted to read with me.

Shizu

Offline LaRita

• Columbus, OH
      • View Profile
    « Reply #28 on: November 03, 2008, 03:17:11 pm »
    My Kindle stays mostly in Columbus, OH. but it's been to Seattle and Iowa, and is going to Key West in February.  During the summer it spent weekends in the lovely Hocking Hills of Ohio where there's no Whispernet, but I never lacked for books because I had so many pre-loaded.  Still working through the list and TRYING not to 1-click!
    Kindleboards Member #148, Kindle Klassic 03/19/2008, K3K received 8/26/2010, Paperwhite 10/01/2012. 

(Make your own reading bar)

Offline oddsoxx

• View Profile
    « Reply #29 on: November 03, 2008, 03:21:27 pm »
    I AM jealous that I've never been to Elephant Butt.  I did not know such a place existed. 
    Mine hasn't been all that many places, it's resided mostly in columbus, ohio.  It did make it with me on a business trip to Charlotte a month or two ago, but that's really all.  It was as bummed as I was that our trip to Italy was cancelled. 

I can hardly believe you've never heard of Elephant Butte (with an E on the end..LOL) It's right there in southern NM just down the road from Truth or Consequences.

Yes, a cancelled trip to Italy would be enough to bum out anyone...and their Kindle.

Offline thresel

• Idaho
      • View Profile
    « Reply #30 on: November 03, 2008, 03:30:08 pm »
    Mine spent the month of May in China.  It took 7 interChina flights.  It's gone from the west coast to the midwest twice.  It loves camping.  The last few times we flew I was asked to shut it down, prior to Oprah they used to let me keep reading during take-off.  I love always having my books with me.  Go Kindle.

Offline chynared21

• Phew...Teninx found his tinfoil hat!
      • View Profile
    « Reply #31 on: November 03, 2008, 07:40:28 pm »
    According to Amazon.com/wheres-my-stuff, my Kindle has been to Lexington KY, Baltimore MD, Secaucus NJ, Elizabethtown KY, Memphis, TN and Shreveport, LA... and all without me!!

I am looking forward to the day that we can travel together!  ;D

Angela
    I hope your Kindle didn't travel in that order because if he/she did...they need a new travel agent PRONTO ;-p

Offline Tris

• View Profile
    « Reply #32 on: November 03, 2008, 09:17:36 pm »
    Man, I took many trips this summer in which having the Kindle would be nice...but so far my little 'magic book' has been to Denver and various places with me in WA.  Here's to many more trips with my Kindle!

Tris

Offline Angela

• Texas
    • aka: tx_angel, A Wayt, Babe, Mom, Grandma, Hey YOU
      • View Profile
    « Reply #33 on: November 04, 2008, 01:14:04 am »
    According to Amazon.com/wheres-my-stuff, my Kindle has been to Lexington KY, Baltimore MD, Secaucus NJ, Elizabethtown KY, Memphis, TN and Shreveport, LA... and all without me!!

Angela
    I hope your Kindle didn't travel in that order because if he/she did...they need a new travel agent PRONTO ;-p

It really did!! Amazing, huh? All due to a labeling glitch! BUT, it is with me now and from here on we travel together!

Offline bosslady402

• the artist at work
      • View Profile
    « Reply #34 on: November 06, 2008, 02:34:24 pm »
    Went with me to Cancun, put it in a plastic baggie - excellent for reading by the pool, easier to read than a real book because I didn't have to hold the pages open while I was tanning!

Offline thomashton

• College Ward, Utah
      • View Profile
    « Reply #35 on: November 06, 2008, 02:37:01 pm »
    Had mine a week now. So far it has gone from my office to my house . . . once.

Offline Angela

• Texas
    • aka: tx_angel, A Wayt, Babe, Mom, Grandma, Hey YOU
      • View Profile
    « Reply #36 on: November 06, 2008, 02:44:55 pm »

Angela

Since the arrival of my Kindle with no name in the great state of Texas, Kindle with no name has traveled to my home office, the gameroom, the living room, the master bedroom, the kitchen, the dining room and the patio by the pool. Kindle with no name has not had the opportunity or desire to leave home again just yet. We will keep you posted should we decide to take a trip soon.

Angela and Kindle with no name

Offline BookishMom

• View Profile
    « Reply #37 on: November 06, 2008, 08:19:32 pm »
    Journey came home to me right before a trip, so she's been to Charlotte, Atlanta, and Washington DC so far. She told me she's looking forward to getting some west coast travel in, so I'll see what I can arrange.  ;)

KBoards.com

• Advertisement