NetGalley

Author Topic: Welcome to KBoards.com!  (Read 230087 times)  

Offline Glen Robins

• San Francisco Bay Area
    • View Profile
    • Glen Robins Books
Re: Welcome to KBoards.com!
« Reply #2075 on: May 22, 2018, 10:03:29 PM »
It's funny that I've owned my Kindle for about three years now and have been active in other forums about reading, but just stumbled upon this forum this week. I love action/adventure stories and thrillers. Books like "Treasure Island" and "Tom Sawyer" captivated me when I was a kid, so I look for similar books that can take me on adventures to new places where I can imagine myself being part of the story. Although I go on binges where I'll read a book or two a week, I have yet to achieve the level of reading set by my mom, who, since I was young, has probably averaged three books a week. She's been a great example of the importance of reading good books. In 2012, I finally got serious about taking my passion for reading to the next level and started writing my own action/adventure series. I published the first book, "Off Kilter," in March of 2015, and followed it up with "Off Course" in March 2016, and "Off Guard" in May 2017. I'm working on a new book, called "Chosen Path," that I hope to publish in October 2018.
I typically have about 20 books loaded on my Kindle at a time and also read out loud to my 10 year old son. He loves the Percy Jackson by Rick Riordan and the Fablehaven series by Brandon Mull.
Some of my favorite reads are Jack Reacher by Lee Child, Jet by Russell Blake, Kyle Achilles by Tim Tigner, and the Breakthrough series by Michael Grumley.
I look forward to reading what everyone else has to say and contributing to these various threads. 
Chosen Path: 20%
Glen Robins | Blog | Facebook page | Goodreads | Twitter | LinkedIn | BookBub

Offline Word wrassler

• View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: June 09, 2018, 07:19:45 AM »
Hi all, just adding to the thread as my intro post. More a lurker than a poster but Ive been enjoying the Writers Cafe discussion for a while and thought Id join.

Offline George Trigiris

• Greece
  • Romance & Fantasy Ghostwriter Extraordinnaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: June 12, 2018, 07:39:04 AM »
Greetings from Greece!

This is my first post here. I'm a seasoned ghostwriter, but more on that in other discussions.

Romance & Fantasy Ghostwriter Extraordinaire.

50 Books and counting. If you're looking to have an incredible book written, all you have to do is pm me.

Online Nate Hoffelder

• I build websites, and blog about ebooks
    • View Profile
    • The Digital Reader
« Reply #2078 on: June 12, 2018, 08:15:17 AM »
Hello! from the internet!
- Nate, publisher of The Digital Reader blog - www.the-digital-reader.com

Ask me how to speed up your site, the best bookshelf plugins, how to get your site ranked in Google, and why your site keeps crashing. If I don't know I will find out.

I offer free site critiques (tech, content, and design) and I will happily tell you what your tech guy needs to do.

Buy Scrivener for Windows or Mac