Author Topic: Welcome to KBoards.com!  (Read 258488 times)  

Offline migelinbenel

• View Profile
Re: Welcome to KBoards.com!
« Reply #2100 on: November 27, 2019, 03:14:58 pm »
Hi Fellow Authors!

I'm Migelin and I'm currently finishing my first novel "Souls of Swords".  I'm excited to be in this community.  Excelsior!

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline QuickiePress

• View Profile
      • Jennifer Grey Books
    « Reply #2101 on: November 27, 2019, 09:51:56 pm »
    Welcome! En garde!

Offline jtweav

• View Profile
      • FIX Marketer
    « Reply #2102 on: December 03, 2019, 08:24:23 am »
    How cool is it this forum exists. I never knew until now.

I'm Jason Weaver and I write nonfiction. I have learned a good cover and the trick to get in 10 categories to be the most important factors on Amazon. Just passing on what took me far to long to learn.
    Marketing Man

Offline Torsten Nicolini

• View Profile
    « Reply #2103 on: December 15, 2019, 12:37:56 pm »
    Hey all!

I'm glad to be here for sharing experiences about creating, publishing and promoting self-help books. I'm Torsten Nicolini, love reading and creating content. Beside this I'm working as a full-time engineer in the automotive industry, part-time studying for a master engineering degree and freelancing as a marketer & webdesigner.

Thank you for being part of the community!

Wish you all the best!

Regards, Torsten

Offline Michael Davis

• The Old South
      • View Profile
      • Davis Falk Writings
    New Member, New Book
    « Reply #2104 on: December 17, 2019, 08:22:12 am »
    Hi, it's good to be here.

My name is Michael Davis. I write nonfiction under my own name, and fiction as Davis Falk. I am about to enter the editing stage for my first novel (I have ghostwritten one as well). It's a conspiracy thriller I started way back in 2010.

Favorite author: William Faulkner

I don't have a kindle device, but I do sometimes use the kindle reader. I will probably have one someday, but I am deeply in love with ink and paper.

MD
    Backstop (working title) - editing: 90%

Deadly #1 (detective series): 20%
    Currently reading The Dain Curse by Dashiell Hammett
    Davis Falk | blog

Offline CarolUSA01

• View Profile
    « Reply #2105 on: January 02, 2020, 03:33:27 am »
    Hello Everyone!  Boy am I excited to find this place!  ;D  I have been using Kindle for years.  I use paper books for those things I want to keep "forever" and the Kindle for entertainment, especially while at the Docs office  :) I LOVE Kindle for a lot of reasons, but one of them is that if I buy a hardback book through Amazon, Kindle will give me the electronic version for free.  For someone who reads as many cartoon books (Pearls Before Swine is my current favorite), that is a double bonus for sure for lots of entertainment.

I am an author but only published to date in technical journals.  My first novel was finished about a year ago, and I tried sourcing it to a publishing company.  They were kind enough to answer and tell me that it was interesting / good enough to make it to a second editorial review, but decided it is not their style right now.  So, now I am starting the search for the right literary agent (scary thing there!).  I am in stasis a little bit about the agent process because it seems to fail so much.   >:(

I am happily married for almost 35 years with a beautiful Norwegian Mountain Forest Cat , love to play computer games and make my own soaps (cold process), lotions, lip balms, candles, etc.  I am so looking forward to this site.  Happy New Year All! Carol
    « Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 03:36:36 am by CarolUSA01 »

Offline John Wegener

• Wollongong Australia
      • View Profile
      • John Wegener
    « Reply #2106 on: January 28, 2020, 09:00:35 pm »
    Hi everyone. Just registered on kboards and looking forward to getting involved in discussions (especially if it involves sci-fi). I am a new author.

Cheers

Offline KitD

• View Profile
    « Reply #2107 on: February 27, 2020, 01:09:41 pm »
    Hello Everyone! My name is Kit Daven. I love to write and have been doing it since I was a kid. I currently publish stories through my author press. A friend of mine turned me onto the Kboards as an invaluable source of information, so I'm here to explore, learn, and chat.I read on Kindle, Kobo, Google Play Books, Overdrive, as well as many, many print books, most of which don't have a proper home and are stacked in various locations throughout my home. I'm looking forward to meeting new people.

Offline DerekPalmer

• Finland
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2108 on: March 26, 2020, 07:32:51 am »
    Hi,

another starting writer reporting. I do not promise to post much, partly because writing is still - after two books under my pen name - just a hobby to me. Something that I started a few years ago when I felt that my Finglish (I'm a Finn) skills were quickly deteriorating. So, the obvious solution was to start writing fiction - in English.
    As you can easily see from my posts, I'm very dependent on my editors. No, I'm NOT a fan of English prepositions - the Finnish way of mangling the end of the words them selves is sooo much easier.

Regards,
    Mr. Derek Palmer a.k.a. Kari
    Derek Palmer is a pseudonym of a writer who has been writing for years - all kind of technical documentation nobody really wants to read and with jargon most of the people do not even try to understand. Doing that kind of work left him a huge surplus of words that could not be used at work. Those words first accumulated and then started to overflow after filling the author's head. When the author was no more able to store those words, he needed to start writing them out; first anonymously to some shady network places, being very careful because of the power of those uncontrollable words.

Offline pr_pro

• View Profile
    « Reply #2109 on: April 13, 2020, 02:01:19 pm »
    My name is Godfrey, an author, ghostwriter, copywriter, and public relations expert.

I have a couple of ebooks on the Amazon Kindle platform under my pen names. Apart from being a self-published author, I also enjoy helping other authors either with writing or promoting their work.

If you need any help with any other above, please feel free to reach out to me.

Offline Jon Writing

• View Profile
      • Amdall Gallery
    « Reply #2110 on: April 16, 2020, 05:05:18 pm »
    Hello there everyone, I'm Jon. I've come across the kboards forum a few times in my travels through various google searches, I figured I'd finally make an account. I've written two books - a nonfiction book about returning to art called Pencils and Process and a kid's book called Robot Family Adventures. I'm a pencil artist by hobby and a data analyst by profession.

Sites and forums like this one have been incredibly valuable in trying to navigate the book publishing process. I have no clue if I have anything I can contribute that would be useful, but my hope is to pay it forward a bit if I have the chance. Anyhow, thank you to the forum from an occasional unregistered topic browser. Oh, and also I do have a Kindle (in response to the sticky guidance).

Jon Amdall | Website | Amazon Page

Offline Comerford

• View Profile
    « Reply #2111 on: April 25, 2020, 04:38:05 pm »
    Hi all! I'm author-in-training Michael Sean Comerford and I'm going to be publishing a book on Kindle called "American Oz - An Astonishing Year in Traveling Carnivals at State Fairs and Fests - & Hitchhiking between shows from California to New York, Alaska to Mexico" I hope that will be in a month or two. Than another action-adventure series for Young Adults concerned about climate change called The Greeny McGeehee Series. Three climate activist teens sail the world solving murders, making friends and helping save the climate. Wish me luck! This looks like a great group of people!! 8)

We're glad to have you. This board is for you to introduce yourself to other members.

Welcome, and thanks for stopping by KBoards!

Offline Oasisfan

• Ireland
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2112 on: May 14, 2020, 06:22:12 am »
    Hello all! My user name is Oasisfan but I am a fan of ALL Kindles. I began with the Kindle 3 (which I still have and its in perfect working order). I gradually upgraded and have just received my Oasis 3. As time has gone on the Kindle has proven a wonderful aid to reading. I use it in conjunction with Goodreads and book clubs. Indeed I do still get pleasure from certain books in their physical incarnations but I wouldnt be without my e-reader at home or during travel.

The Heart is a Heavy Burden (Howls Moving Castle)

Offline Sandy J Hartwick

• Southern Idaho
    • Everyone is weird; some are weirder than others.
      • View Profile
      • sandyjhartwick.com
    « Reply #2113 on: May 16, 2020, 11:32:05 am »
    Hi Everyone!
    I can't believe that I have been lurking for one year and have not made a post! I have learned so much and I am grateful for all of the information. I am about to publish my first book--yay!  :D Oh and yes, I do own a Kindle.
    Sandy

Offline fictivera

• View Profile
    « Reply #2114 on: June 02, 2020, 01:43:19 am »
    Hi everyone!

I'm a web developer from Hungary. I like reading and writing, although my english is not perfect, but I'm practicing through writing.
    This forum looks like an amazing place, I already saw a lot of useful information!

Cheers

Offline Callen Froese

• View Profile
      • callenfroese.com
    « Reply #2115 on: June 09, 2020, 02:12:53 pm »
    Hi folks,
    I'm an illustrator/artist and was introduced to KBoards through an author friend. I'm looking forward to seeing what the Kboards community is all about!
    I'm an illustrator/artist based out of Manitoba, Canada. I typically work in pencil, ink, and watercolour and am comfortable illustrating in a variety of styles.

Offline Ackamarackus

• U.S.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2116 on: June 10, 2020, 06:47:03 am »
      I am just starting here and wondering whether there is a list of how to's to help those of us new to the site.

Offline Lomal7

• View Profile
    « Reply #2117 on: July 28, 2020, 06:07:13 pm »
    Hello. My sign in name is lomal7 I have published 7 e-books on Amazon. I write sci/fi and murder, mystery, suspense e-books. I just found this board today and I would like to thank the administrators for accepting my request to join. I want to find out what people are reading and writing. 

KBoards.com

• Advertisement