Author Topic: Welcome to KBoards.com!  (Read 274486 times)  

Offline Julie Christensen

• View Profile
    • Julie Living The Dream
Re: Welcome to KindleBoards.com!
« Reply #1150 on: October 13, 2010, 02:22:03 pm »
Hi Everyone.  I've heard great things about this site and am looking forward to hearing from everyone.  I'm an indie author - just published my second novel on Kindle last week.
When a funny, but introverted woman embarks on a quest to find a man, humorous and heartbreaking events redirect her to a different path in life. When a literary agent is murdered in Brooklyn, Ruby Neptune, an aspiring writer, tries to solve the crime. Ruby Neptune returns to solve the murder of a banker. A woman living a quietly miserable existence suddenly learns what happiness could be, but a secret from her past could ruin everything.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Gingy

• Utah
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1151 on: October 15, 2010, 10:58:01 am »
    Hi, I'm Ginger.  I got my first Kindle last week and am enjoying "getting to know it".  On the first day I kept looking over at the blank cover on the left expecting to see words!  LOL

I've been poking around the boards for a week and decided to join up.  Thanks for having me!  ;D

Offline Mel Comley

• France
    • Thriller and Romance writer.
      • View Profile
      • Blog
    « Reply #1152 on: October 17, 2010, 05:53:13 am »
    Hi,

I can't remember if I actually introduced myself on here on not. I'm Mel and I've been writing for the past 8 years since I moved to France. I started writing romance novels but quickly moved on to writing crime novels thanks to my love of James Patterson  and Karen Rose novels.

Nice to meet you all anyway.

Mel
    ]

Offline Maryann McFadden

• View Profile
    Winning the Literary Lottery
    « Reply #1153 on: October 18, 2010, 03:56:42 pm »
    I'm a fiction writer with two books published, THE RICHEST SEASON and SO HAPPY TOGETHER, both women's fiction. I originally self-published my first novel after it got rejected for 5 years, and it did so well, thanks to independent booksellers and book clubs, that I landed a major publishing deal! Writer's blogs called it "Winning the Literary Lottery." I worked very hard to make it happen, and still do lots of outreach to readers and book clubs. So check out my books, they've been translated into multiple languages now. Dreams do come true, I'm living proof!

Offline baccilus

• View Profile
    « Reply #1154 on: October 22, 2010, 10:04:20 am »
    Hi I am Saurabh from India. I am a Research Scholar. I received my Kindle 3 WiFi just yesterday so I am still exploring it. Needless to say, I love reading. It will be great to be a part of this community.

Offline endor

• Sydney
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1155 on: October 22, 2010, 03:05:43 pm »
    Hi everyone  :) I'm Emily and I've just joined up. I don't have a kindle yet but hopefully that will happen in the very near future  ;) Can't wait to get to know everyone!

Offline VonnaHarper

• Oregon
      • View Profile
      • Vonna Harper
    « Reply #1156 on: October 25, 2010, 04:00:54 pm »
    Am I the first newbie of the day?  Okay, here goes.  I've been writing erotica as Vonna Harper for some five years. Not only has the genre taken me out of the comfort zone I was in when I was published with Harlequin, I've been able to participate in the emergence of electronic publishing.  I've written for Ellora's Cave, Samhain, and Loose-Id (all electronic publishers) in addition to print publisher Kensington. I say this as explanation for why I recently took the bull by the horns and put up my first Kindle-only erotica called Wilderness Night. (That's the title of the cover accompanying my posts. Sorry its so dark. I need to fix that)  I've done a lot of blogging, Twittering, FaceBooking, etc, but coming to the Kindle Boards is truly exciting. I feel as if I've entered a room full of potential friends and don't know where to start.
    A touch and more of erotica

Offline Christopher Bunn

• California, USA
    • Yes, Virginia, there is a monster under your bed.
      • View Profile
      • Scribbles & Tunes
    « Reply #1157 on: October 25, 2010, 09:11:30 pm »
    Hi, my name's Christopher and I found this site due to a mention on Mr. Konrath's blog. I work on a farm in California and do some writing every now and then. If you eat lettuce, then it most likely comes from my neck of the woods. Many thanks to the folks running this site - this place is a trove of information and inspiration.

Christopher Bunn | Scribbles & Tunes | Newsletter

Offline JackNolte

• View Profile
      • JackNolte.com
    « Reply #1158 on: October 28, 2010, 01:26:50 pm »
    Hey everybody, I introduced myself elsewhere but thought I'd pop in here too.  Lots of good stuff here -- glad I found it.
    The Gray and Guilty Sea

A curmudgeon. A loner. That's how people describe Garrison Gage, and that's when they're being charitable. After his wife's brutal murder, the crippled private investigator retreats to the coastal town of Barnacle Bluffs, Oregon. When the body of a young woman washes up on the beach, his conscience draws him back into his old occupation forcing him to confront the demons of his own guilt.

Buy: Amazon

Author Site:   www.jacknolte.com

Offline 5711

• View Profile
    « Reply #1159 on: November 04, 2010, 03:01:08 pm »
    Hi all,

I'm an author from Portland, Ore., and thought I'd finally check in and say hello -- and confess that I've been here a whole year but somehow missed introducing myself on this thread. ??? So, hi!

I can't remember what it was like not to visit this site, in fact. I've learned so much about readers and fellow authors alike here.

See ya around,
    Steve

Offline geoffthomas

• Derwood, Maryland
    • Member 2434
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1160 on: November 05, 2010, 12:32:01 pm »
    Glad to see the new faces.
    Hope you all stay a long time.
    And that you keep finding KB a good place to be.

Just sayin......

Miss you, Dona, Jeff & Harvey! | Member since 02/27/2009 | e-books by Lynn Abbey, CJ Cherryh, & Jane Fancher
    TANSTAAFL (There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch)

Offline Q610

• View Profile
    « Reply #1161 on: November 05, 2010, 05:03:47 pm »
    Hello Kindlers. I am the author of the detective novel, The Crux Ansata, and the upcoming thriller, Leverage, featuring everyone's favorite family - The Mob.

Theyre better books, or rather ebooks, than most in the genre, but theyre self-published so youre right to be skeptical. After all, self-publishing is a bit like bragging about your test score after youve hacked into the schools computer and given yourself an A.

Nevertheless, while I was busy writing, the print-on-paper book business was busy collapsing, so, like most fiction writers nowadays, Ive had to take matters into my own hands (Thank you Amazon).

Of course, its immensely liberating not having to deal with agents and publishers, but its disconcerting for readers, because it means there isn't any qualitative filter beyond the authors own judgment, which means there isn't any objective gatekeeper to keep the crap from getting through. And, if you're familiar with ebooks, you know an awful lot of it does get through.

Fortunately, you can read a sample of The Crux Ansata before you buy it and use your own crap filter to decide if you might like it. If you dont, you can throw crap at me at dandoeden.com.

Offline Tonyt

• Jacksonville, FL
      • View Profile
      • Cybil Raven Chronicles
    « Reply #1162 on: November 06, 2010, 09:25:34 pm »
    Tony Timbol here. A new author to the e-book business and was encouraged to visit Kindleboards. New to this so not sure about protocol of sharing about my writing so suggestions welcome.

Glad to be here.

Tony Timbol

Offline intinst

• Shannon Hills, AR
    • 'just enough clouds to create a beautiful sunset
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1163 on: November 06, 2010, 11:22:57 pm »
       Greetings and Welcome, New Kindle-owners and authors!! We are so glad you found KindleBoards! We have many areas that you probably will like. Have you been to The Book Corner yet?  That's the area for discussions about books (naturally :D ). That's also where you will find threads about books Recommended by our Members and a list of additional sites for Book Lovers.
    Then there is the Book Bazaar where our member/authors post about their books and the Writers' Cafe that has discussions about writing, publishing and many other topics. Here is a link to all the KindleBoards authors: Official master list of Kindleboards Authors and the Official list of KB Authors by Genre. That is also where you will locate Bargain Books and even Free Books threads where you can get reading material at low or no cost! Here is a link to get you started: Master list of free & under $1 titles available from Amazon.
         If you have a question about your Kindle or it's usage, check out the forum about Tips, Tricks and Trouble Shooting . Or, just ask your question. We have many helpful and knowledgeable people here at KB  and we feel there is no such thing as a "dumb" question. Questions about KindleBoards may be answered at Forum tips. If not, once again, ask away! To keep everything running smoothly, we ask that everyone read Forum decorum. There are a few points there particularly for authors. This thread may also be helpful to authors new to KindleBoards: An Open Message to Authors (was, How Can I Get Your Attention?)
    Another popular place is Let's Talk Kindle, where all things in the Kindle world are posted about. Be sure and check out the Photo Gallery, where pictures of members, pets, flowers, landscapes or just almost anything interesting can be found.
         Have you been to the Accessories area? There you will see information about covers, skins, lights, bags, stands and many other items to allow you to personalize your Kindle.
    Looking to just kill some time while you are waiting for your Kindle or if you have your kindle, want to try something different? Try INFINITY Game - Word Association or The "INFINITY" Thread: KEEP POSTING...Ready, Set,... GO!!! in the Not Quite Kindle area.
    Sorry for the long post, but there is just so much to do, learn and like about KindleBoards that I just get carried away. :)
    A great many people now reading and writing would be better employed keeping rabbits.  Edith Sitwell 
    Your work is to keep cranking the flywheel that turns the gears that spin the belt in the
    engine of belief that keeps you and your desk in midair. Annie Dillard

Located just outside Little Rock, Arkansas

Offline Blue Vil

• View Profile
    « Reply #1164 on: November 23, 2010, 03:19:44 pm »
    Hi all, my name is Blue.

I haven't named my Kindle yet, waiting to see what sort of personality he has! (Only half-joking.)

Offline Miriam Minger

• View Profile
      • Walker Publishing
    « Reply #1165 on: November 28, 2010, 07:33:13 pm »
    Hi all!

I'm a new Kindle owner and having lots of fun buying all my favorite books for my own personal library.

Also a published author re-publishing my ten out-of-print historical romances to Kindle, so it's a very exciting time for authors. 

Miriam Minger

Miriam Minger | Website | Facebook | Newsletter | Amazon UK

Offline Valmore Daniels

• Valmore Daniels
      • View Profile
      • Valmore Daniels Website
    « Reply #1166 on: November 28, 2010, 10:32:09 pm »
    :) welcome all :)
    « Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 10:35:20 pm by Valmore Daniels »

Valmore Daniels | Website | Newsletter

Offline shannonovalles

• View Profile
    « Reply #1167 on: December 01, 2010, 05:07:50 pm »
    Hi, I'm new to the boards.  I've had my Kindle 2 for a year this Christmas.  My husband bought it for me as a gift because I was fawning over it so long but refused to buy it because I love the book smell and feel.  Needless to say, those days are gone.  I read my Kindle and my iPhone (love the syncing capability) daily.  I can't imagine life without my Kindle now.  It is one of my most prized possessions.  I didn't name it - it is called My Kindle.

I'm going to poke around a bit to get the mood of things here then can't wait to dive in.  I have to say that I love the slight intro into the rules.  I'm an outspoken person but don't like a lot of discussion boards because I find there are too many people merely looking for confrontation.  I'm glad to see that this site doesn't permit that.  I think I'll get really comfortable here. 

Thanks for having me!

Shannon

Offline Nancy Cohen

• Florida
    • Photo by Lasky
      • View Profile
      • Nancy J. Cohen's Official Website
    « Reply #1168 on: December 04, 2010, 03:31:43 pm »
    HI from author Nancy Cohen. I have finally bought my first Kindle and I love it. Reading is so easy on the device and I also got a Sudoku game on it. I'm tempted to download my own books to see how they look but already have several titles from my favorite authors that I can't wait to read. I'm going to take the Kindle on our next cruise.
    Nancy J. Cohen
    Romance and Mystery Author
    Where passion & danger collide
    http://nancyjcohen.com
    http://nancyjcohen.wordpress.com

Offline aerviscool

• View Profile
    « Reply #1169 on: December 07, 2010, 05:02:43 am »
    hey im arthur

Offline JackNolte

• View Profile
      • JackNolte.com
    « Reply #1170 on: December 08, 2010, 12:29:54 pm »
    Welcome to the boards!  I'm still fairly new around here myself, but there's always lots of great discussions going on.
    The Gray and Guilty Sea

A curmudgeon. A loner. That's how people describe Garrison Gage, and that's when they're being charitable. After his wife's brutal murder, the crippled private investigator retreats to the coastal town of Barnacle Bluffs, Oregon. When the body of a young woman washes up on the beach, his conscience draws him back into his old occupation forcing him to confront the demons of his own guilt.

Buy: Amazon

Author Site:   www.jacknolte.com

Offline cheryllynn2458

• Warren, MI
    • I love words that change lives forever...
      • View Profile
      • The Urban Muse
    « Reply #1171 on: December 10, 2010, 05:52:13 pm »
    Hi everybody.  I don't have a Kindle but I do have Amazon Kindle for my PC.  I just released my first book in Kindle form and I'm really excited about the
    prospects.

Offline Jacqueline H

• Florida
      • View Profile
      • Jacqueline Howett's Blog
    « Reply #1172 on: December 12, 2010, 04:58:42 pm »
    Hello everyone,
    My name is Jacqueline Howett and I am the author of The Greek Seaman, my debut seafaring novel which I have just published on amazon kindle.

my amazon kindle site:http://www.amazon.com/The-Greek-Seaman-ebook/dp/B003XF22PU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&s=books&qid=1292200550&sr=1-1

I was born in London, England and now live in the USA. My first novel The Greek Seaman along with the second novel, titled, Cass have taken twelve years to complete. Far too long. And well I'm happy to announce The Greek Seaman is finally published here with amazon - kindle and at Smashwords and soon to be in more formats. Check out my blog which is very new, just a month up and you can visit me also on facebook.
    Thankyou for letting me introduce myself and my new book.

Jacqueline Howett Author of The Greek Seaman, a seafaring novel.

MY Blog: http://jacquelinehowett.blogspot.com/

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000093745754

Offline intinst

• Shannon Hills, AR
    • 'just enough clouds to create a beautiful sunset
      • View Profile
    « Reply #1173 on: December 12, 2010, 05:01:09 pm »
           Greetings and Welcome, New Kindle-owners and authors!! We are so glad you found KindleBoards! We have many areas that you probably will like. Have you been to The Book Corner yet?  That's the area for discussions about books (naturally :D ). That's also where you will find threads about books Recommended by our Members and a list of additional sites for Book Lovers.
    Then there is the Book Bazaar where our member/authors post about their books and the Writers' Cafe that has discussions about writing, publishing and many other topics. Here is a link to all the KindleBoards authors:Unofficial master list of Kindleboards Authors. That is also where you will locate Bargain Books and even Free Books threads where you can get reading material at low or no cost! Here is a link to get you started: Master list of free & under $1 titles available from Amazon.
         If you have a question about your Kindle or it's usage, check out the FAQ or the forum about Tips, Tricks and Trouble Shooting . Or, just ask your question. We have many helpful and knowledgeable people here at KB  and we feel there is no such thing as a "dumb" question. Questions about KindleBoards may be answered at Your guide to Forum Speak! linked from Forum tips. If not, once again, ask away! To keep everything running smoothly, we ask that everyone read Forum decorum. There are a few points there particularly for authors.
          Another popular place is Let's Talk Kindle, where all things in the Kindle world are posted about. Be sure and check out the Photo Gallery, where pictures of members, pets, flowers, landscapes or just almost anything interesting can be found.
         Have you been to the Accessories area? There you will see information about covers, skins, lights, bags, stands and many other items to allow you to personalize your Kindle.
    Looking to just kill some time while you are waiting for your Kindle or if you have your kindle, want to try something different? Try INFINITY Game - Word Association or The "INFINITY" Thread: KEEP POSTING...Ready, Set,... GO!!! in the Not Quite Kindle area.
    Sorry for the long post, but there is just so much to do, learn and like about KindleBoards that I just get carried away. :)
    A great many people now reading and writing would be better employed keeping rabbits.  Edith Sitwell 
    Your work is to keep cranking the flywheel that turns the gears that spin the belt in the
    engine of belief that keeps you and your desk in midair. Annie Dillard

Located just outside Little Rock, Arkansas

Offline yasakanamee

• View Profile
    « Reply #1174 on: December 13, 2010, 03:42:01 pm »
    Hello!
    been a lurker here for a while. Waiting for my new kindle which should be here in a few days. longest.wait.of.my.life! so excited!!!!!
    =)

KBoards.com

• Advertisement