Author Topic: Annie's 2020 Discounted Editing. 125+ 5-star reviews.  (Read 6510 times)  

Offline Just-Copyeditors

• View Profile
Annie's 2020 Discounted Editing. 125+ 5-star reviews.
« on: October 05, 2018, 11:22:25 am »
THIS UPDATE WAS ADDED ON 26th January 2020!

Hi, all!

A lot has changed since my last post here:

- I now have more than 125 5-star reviews you can see on the website. As the business has only been going for just over a year and there's never been a negative review (or even a gripe sent my way)--you can see you'll receive a top-notch edit.

- I pride myself on fast responses and 24/7 access--none of those dodgy disappearing editor shenanigans!

- I now work (part-time) for a major US publisher, so as I earn consistently there, I oddly have MORE time available for your work. I no longer need to work flat out to earn a decent crust! Yay! Grubby the Persian cat appreciates that too; Mom is less stressed and can buy more chicken.

- Fiverr (where my average job is priced around $1750) promoted me so I also earn better there--and that again means I can pass to you some discounts and time savings that I gain by working less hard on Fiverr for a very good rate.

See my Fiverr profile here:

www.fiverr.com/anniejenkinson

- Packages of X number of words for use anytime are still available to you, the lowest rates going to KBoards authors with the lowest error rates.

- However, KBoards rates are at least half the 'regular' rate of authors being billed elsewhere. On Fiverr, my rate is a minimum of x10. So on Fiverr, 100k-word edits cost at least 1,000 ($1300). Via KBoards, it'd cost you between 380/$500 and 600/$780 depending on script quality. The lowest rate of $500 is when you pre-buy a package deal of 150k, 300k or 500k words. Otherwise, the rate is according to the script standard.

- For the same fee, you may still request enhanced edits. Here, I correct all the usual gubbins, but also, I enhance the script by suggesting new copy (which I write for you) and generally perking up areas that can be improved. You may, of course, forego all that and just have corrections.

- I am very open to taking new clients of all standards, so don't be deterred by the error rate thing; KBoards authors often qualify for lower rates. If not, you're most likely a new writer--in which case I can really assist the quality of your writing.

- Packages only become available when another author drops out, almost always when I have edited everything they have written to date!  :o

I do have some right now!  ;D

Questions?

Ask me: [email protected]

See the website here:

www.just-copyeditors.com

And see screenshots of testimonials here:

www.just-copyeditors.com/testimonials

Thank you, and happy writing!

Annie
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 03:54:03 am by Just-Copyeditors »

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Just-Copyeditors

• View Profile
    See original thread above, and yes, it's true you can still sign up to 500k words' intricate, meticulous and thoughtful copyediting at the sum of $1200 per annum!

Now, that should be cheaper than you already pay per annum for far fewer words; it cannot last forever so take it while it's there.

It's going down a treat and selling like I don't know what. I'm loving the work you're sending--keep it coming.

Meanwhile, here's our latest review received yesterday on Writer Sanctum. This author has no KBoards account:

"I recently hired Annie for her annual copyediting deal. I received the first 25,000 words of my men's fantasy adventure novel, and I am thoroughly impressed. She is a total delight to work with.

Annie's editing is fast, efficient, and thorough. Her attention to detail assures me that my manuscript will be in publishable condition. She also explains the thought process behind her edits, which helps improve my prose beyond the line edits.

Communication with Annie is a breeze; she promptly replies whenever I have queries, and she's more than happy to answer them.

I highly recommend Annie for both copy edits and proofreading. After difficulties with freelancers in the past, it's such a relief to find a reliable and skilled editor!"
    Last Edit: Today at 07:45:39 AM by dabblingwriter
    « Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 08:03:42 am by Just-Copyeditors »

Offline Becca Mills

• Super Moderators-5
    • California
      • View Profile
    Greetings, Annie and Mollie! You're welcome to promote your business and website here in the Writers' Cafe.

Now that you have an official thread, you'll want to add your listing to our Yellow Pages, found here: https://www.kboards.com/yp/. The listing is free to KB members and is completely self-service; you can add and edit your listing from the page. More information on our Yellow Pages listing can be found here.

In your thread here, we ask that the same basic rules be followed as we have for authors in the Book Bazaar: you may have this one thread about your service and must post to it rather than start a new thread each time. New threads about the service will be removed. Please bookmark this thread so that you can find it again when you want to post.

You may not make back-to-back posts to the thread within seven days. If someone responds (as I'm doing with this post), you may reply to them, but otherwise you must wait seven days. Any pattern of posting designed to artificially bump your thread to the top of the forum is prohibited. Please note that very short or (one- or two-word) posts with no meaningful information are discouraged and may be deleted at the moderators' discretion.

Lastly, your posts and images will need to meet our "forum decorum" guidelines, which is the case for every member.

You may find that members ask searching questions -- about how your service works, for example, or what they will get for their money, or whether your service adheres to Amazon's terms of service. Such "vetting" is a common here and can be rigorous.

Note that members are allowed to provide civil and honest feedback about your service in this thread. This feedback may include criticisms as well as kudos. You may respond to criticism in a civil manner, but name-calling, badgering, accusations of lying, and other breaches of forum decorum can lead to loss of vendor posting privileges.

Any and all disputes between you and your clients should be handled off-site.

Thanks,
    Becca
    KBoards Moderator

(Note that this welcome does not constitute an endorsement or vetting of a service by KBoards. Members should do due diligence when considering using a service.)

Welcome! :)
    Read about using the Writers' Cafe here. Our larger "forum decorum" is here. The site's overall terms of use are here. Please be aware of this material.
    Troubleshooting: If you're having difficulties with advertising on KBoards, the contact email is [email protected] You can also use our PM system to contact the site's owners via the vsAdmin account. The Link-Maker and Author Signature Tool long longer function. There's a manual version of the former here and a workaround for the latter here.

Offline Just-Copyeditors

• View Profile
    Thanks so much, Becca. I appreciate the help.

Annie.

Offline dabblingwriter

• View Profile
    I recently hired Annie for her annual deal. I received the first 25,000 words of my men's fantasy adventure novel, and I am thoroughly impressed. She is a total delight to work with.

Annies editing is fast, efficient, and thorough. Her attention to detail assures me that my manuscript will be in publishable condition. She also explains the thought process behind her edits, which helps improve my prose beyond the line edits.

Communication with Annie is a breeze; she promptly replies whenever I have queries, and shes more than happy to answer them.

I highly recommend Annie for both copy edits and proofreading. After difficulties with freelancers in the past, its such a relief to find a reliable and skilled editor!

Offline Just-Copyeditors

• View Profile
    Thank you, dabblingwriter! As you know, I love working with you.

For everyone else, here is dabblingwriter's most recent testimonial--posted by the author to Writer Sanctum but not here yet:

"Annie recently edited another 25,000 words for me, and they were just as good as the first editing job she did. Thorough, accurate, and detail-oriented.

One thing I especially like about our arrangement is that I can send parts of novels rather than the whole thing at once. This helps for a faster turnaround and publishing books faster. This might not work for everyone, but for writers who don't do very little content editing, it's perfect."

There are other new testimonials from brand new clients; please ask to receive them. I'm finding it rather tricky posting them here as cannot see a way to attach them!

Offline Evenstar

• Here. Hare. Here.
      • View Profile
    I snapped up the Just-Copyeditors limited time annual deal.  If you publish fairly consistently then it's a no brainer; I usually pay three times that for the same number of words.

But the proof is in the pudding, right? I just got my first book done by Annie (as well as a substantial free test edit) and I'm delighted. So, if you're thinking about getting it, don't think for long because the deal is a steal  ;) and only available this month as far as I'm aware.

Offline solo

• View Profile
    I snapped up the Just-Copyeditors limited time annual deal.  If you publish fairly consistently then it's a no brainer; I usually pay three times that for the same number of words.

But the proof is in the pudding, right? I just got my first book done by Annie (as well as a substantial free test edit) and I'm delighted. So, if you're thinking about getting it, don't think for long because the deal is a steal  ;) and only available this month as far as I'm aware.

I did make the jump. I was delighted with the test edit. I did email Annie a list of book projects which are in the idea/writing pipeline. Though in the meantime, I'm having a published book re-edited. Its sequel is due to be released this December and also slated for copy editing by her.

Offline dabblingwriter

• View Profile
    Once again, Annie has completed an excellent edit as part of her annual program. I'm glad I snatched it up when I could since it's great value for money with an editor who knows what she's doing.

Offline Just-Copyeditors

• View Profile
    Thank you ever so much to all the authors who have been placing work with me under the new annual agreement. Also for the great reviews above; I truly appreciate them all!

I love the work I am doing for you all... here's hoping our working relationship continues for many years. :) I couldn't wish for a better bunch of writers to work for!

Annie.

Offline SusanMayWriter

• Perth, Western Australia
      • View Profile
    I'm just dropping in to share that after an unfortunate experience with another editor who advertised on Kboards, I contacted Annie. I was feeling a little beaten up that yet another editor had let me down. In various forms, I haven't had great luck over the last five years.

Wow! From a misfortune before with this other editor, I've had the fantastic luck of now finding Annie. She edited a 9,000 word story of mine within twenty-four hours as a sample. And I immediately knew she was a brilliant editor. We've since had many emails and already I think of her as a friend but most importantly she is part of my team. Her attention to detail is spot on and her suggestions and enhanced edits really valuable.

I can't tell you how excited I am to have found her. I bought the 300k per annum package and am just thrilled with such fabulous introductory value. Here's to years of working together, Annie! You are awesome. Thank you.
    « Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 01:11:53 am by SusanMayWriter »

Offline UnwrittenDreams

• View Profile
    Giving this editor a try, after my last one disappeared off the face of the earth...

Hopefully my poor grasp of English isn't sending editors into the Witness protection program.

Offline A. N. Other Author

• Staffordshire, UK
      • View Profile
    Just adding a mention here.

When I was let down by a poor edit of a novel, I put the feelers out and Annie answered. She delivered early and, frankly, did a more thorough job than I expected. She explained a lot and I learned some new stuff too. Big thank you for squeezing me in :-)

Offline Just-Copyeditors

• View Profile
    A big "thank you" to all authors who have signed up to either my annual deal or a one-off. I am truly privileged to have all of you on board and I love every piece you send me. What astonishing writing talent is out there!

Susan May (above)... oh, wow, thank you so much for that amazing review and I am only sorry I didn't see it sooner! I adore your work and I can't wait to edit the next, and I also feel I gained a friend, not just a client. Here's to a long and happy, non-disappearing working relationship! :D

Everyone--thanks. I really mean it. It's a wonderful collection of writers I now have... it makes my day each time I see a script.

Annie.

Offline Just-Copyeditors

• View Profile
    Giving this editor a try, after my last one disappeared off the face of the earth...

Hopefully my poor grasp of English isn't sending editors into the Witness protection program.

Thanks so very much, Unwritten Dreams! I won't let you down, I promise. I value you coming to me and feel deeply sorry someone has gone and let down all these authors--truly shameful.

Offline SusanMayWriter

• View Profile
    Re: *Enhanced* Copyedit, publishing house standard. USD 450-1540 <500k words
    « Reply #15 on: November 17, 2018, 06:45:18 pm »
    I'm just bumping in here to share that I got another story back from Annie... I'm writing a six novella collection... and I'm just thrilled.

I've had such a rough ride with editors and the last one having disappeared as a few of us have found... Dunmore Harper Collins, anyone?  So it's even more fab that I found Annie. She's so quick and cares so much. I've never had an editor be that way.

If you are looking for a new editor and feel a little disheartened, as I did, really give her a try. At the annual price too, it is crazy. I believe Annie will do a test edit for you too. You will learn plenty from that as well.

The things I look for in an editor are.
    • Attention to detail.
    • Editing for voice and readability.
    • Someone whose voice I enjoy when reading through my edits.
    • An editor who doesn't try to prove how much more they know than me. Don't like snarkiness!
    • A reasonable turn around time.
    • A person who is in partnership with me.
    • Someone I can learn from.
    • A professional who is editing not just for money but for love of books and the written word.
    • Someone who cares.

You may have different needs to this but for me Annie has ticked all these boxes.

Thank you, Annie. You are a gem. :)

Offline andreadrew

• Melbourne Australia
      • View Profile
    « Reply #16 on: November 17, 2018, 07:25:51 pm »
    Thanks Susan May
    Due to your recommendation and this thread (I saw your experience in the other thread about the other editor and you saved me going down the same path)  I am giving Annie a try.  So far so good.
    You really helped me and saved me from a nightmare thank you!

Andrea Drew | Blog

Offline SusanMayWriter

• View Profile
    « Reply #17 on: November 18, 2018, 07:59:12 am »
    Thanks Susan May
    Due to your recommendation and this thread (I saw your experience in the other thread about the other editor and you saved me going down the same path)  I am giving Annie a try.  So far so good.
    You really helped me and saved me from a nightmare thank you!

I am thrilled to hear that & from a fellow Aussie too. Annie is a dream editor & very special. Im glad you found her. 👍

Offline KathyQuinn

• View Profile
    « Reply #18 on: November 20, 2018, 05:09:56 pm »
    I was keeping my eyes open for a new editor since the one I worked with before has fallen off the map. I was not actively looking just yet because I wont be publishing my next two books until late spring, but when I saw this thread I had to take a look.

I was very intrigued by the price and that fact that the editing is all-inclusive. For my first book I had three different people doing beta reading, line editing, and proofreading. It was difficult keeping it all straight especially when their different opinions conflicted with each other. This time around I wanted to find one person whos style I liked to do it all. Annie was that person and I couldnt be happier.

I started with a one-off proofread of my previously published book (that I felt needed another round) as a test run before committing to anything long term. Annie was super easy to work with. After I submitted my manuscript she returned it to me within a day, finished.

She found so many punctuation mistakes that I (and my first editor) had totally missed. When I looked them up in the paperback...sure enough, there they were. Im amazed she was even able to catch all of them since many were very subtle. She also highlighted and commented on a few areas that were a bit confusing and could be reworded.

All in all, I am very happy and will definitely be signing up for the annual deal for my upcoming books. The price shes offering for all those services together is a total steal. I cant wait to work with her again!

Offline solo

• View Profile
    « Reply #19 on: November 21, 2018, 03:55:07 am »
    UPDATE:

FYI. Heres my assessment of the work of Annie. I have been publishing for 14 months now and through that time, have gone through 4 copyeditors and 1 proofreader. Of the 4, only one gave me results that I liked but unfortunately, he had to go back to postgraduate school. Looked for another and came across Annies ad here. I sent a test edit (roughly two chapters) of an upcoming novel and the draft came bloodied and battered. I liked that. I got the promo package for one year (hey, its less expensive in the long run. Badgered the poor soul of a friend and got the funds. Joking, of course) and sent her my schedule for the year and for next year. Then a copyedit of a published book followed (light fantasy with archaic elements), together with the manuscript of one due for a December release (modern and apocalyptic). Just got back the former. My experience, though YMMV:

Editing Background: Her background is listed on her site, though I also found her listed on Reedsy. Also has some security experience so my mil-oriented manuscripts could benefit from that (I have 2 set for 2019).

Accessibility: Very high. She promptly responds to emails (mind your time zone, but she admits working at strange hours sometimes). Has a sense of humor.

Clarity of schedule: Very high. She has a listed work queue on her site. One can see when a manuscript is due to be started and the expected date of completion. No giveaway details are listed, except first name, country, number of words being run through the process, start date, and expected completion date. But she can be flexible. I have advised her that I might have a 10k to 12k work (not in the schedule I provided) sometime during the first two weeks of December, and she said she could fit it in the work list.

Work Completion: Meets the deadline she sets. Fast turn-around.

Work Quality: For me at least - Excellent. Highlights parts of the work she likes and unabashedly tells you how she appreciated it. I doubt if any writer would not like that. On the editing side -  Suggests corrections on sentence construction and words, punctuation, tenses, spelling, and the like. Copy editing work. But the number of proposed corrections tell you how exhaustively your manuscript had been explored (a very misleading word, of course). Also suggests modifications on the presentation of the chapters elements and even the overall format. Youre free to accept or reject anything she suggests. My experience is 90% of what she suggested had been incorporated. Though I am still wrestling with the indent issue with my Pressbooks formatting app (dont blame the app. Its just me, a zounderkite with such technical things.)

Learning Experience: She tells you when something is the industry practice or when the presentation of a dialogue could affect the reading experience. Cuts down on inner questions on form while writing later on.

But do inform her if its British or American English, she can handle both, but it affects the way the work is edited. I am now waiting for the modern story manuscript to come back and see how that fared. And no, she didn't edit this update. LOL

Thanks for reading.

Offline Evenstar

• Here. Hare. Here.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #20 on: November 21, 2018, 02:39:31 pm »
    Annie has quickly become worth her weight in pure gold to me!

I was working a tight deadline (way too tight) and Annie still managed to fit me in to her already packed schedule and deliver an outstanding edit. I wonder when this woman sleeps  ;) Her commitment to her authors is like nothing I've experienced before.

Also, I'd like to second the comment that Annie quickly feels like a friend, she's responsive, interested, and offers great feedback on a whole host of topics, lol. And I'm now wondering how I managed without her.

Offline solo

• View Profile
    « Reply #21 on: November 24, 2018, 09:13:11 pm »
    Got back a quick copyedit on a short children's fantasy book (roughly a mere 8,000 words/and she works fast!). Perfect copyedit and review - just the right seasoning for what I cooked. A lot of suggestions, of course. But I now wonder how I missed those recommendations when I was writing the book. I am now considering what Evenstar said - And I'm now wondering how I managed without her.

Here's to a sales-filled December for everyone!

Offline Just-Copyeditors

• View Profile
    « Reply #22 on: November 30, 2018, 08:50:08 am »
    I rarely come to my thread; actually, I think I have forum-o-phobia, ha. I avoid all the online publicity stuff most people love these days, finding it quite hard posting online but thank heavens I did--I have 'met' so many great clients here.

I just want to say, the annual deals and the one-off $0.004/word are still available for now and I will have worked through my backlog within the next week. Yay!

And... WOW!

Thank you to all my wonderful clients for pitching in with service reviews and posts on my thread! A million thanks to all who have helped me out here by posting. I truly appreciate it; this keeps my thread visible-ish in this busy marketplace.

Solo: that children's book was just mindblowingly good. You need to write more. Okay, I'm not a kid but, I sure love that little book! It's one I will be buying and asking for a signed hard copy! :D And your other works are being edited next in the queue...

Evenstar: I love and appreciate your work, and your latest was also wow factor stuff! Another for my must-have list. Your skills in that book had me agog!

And Susan... absolutely brilliant stories and I can't wait for the next. They are the best ones to get the old brain working... they're a deep think, trying to work out what the twist will be this time! I'm so very lucky having found you as a client and a good friend who always perks me up! I value you.

Kathy--I was wowed by your book and felt deeply privileged to get to edit it--even if I'm sad someone else had let you down in the editing. I thank you so very much for taking the time to review! Thank you. The book was amazing, and the genre I love the most... keep 'em coming!

For editing help, please do email me at:

[email protected] or [email protected], to discuss your needs. I love you guys... : )

Have a great weekend, all.

Annie.

Offline Cherise

• View Profile
      • dogaliens.com
    « Reply #23 on: November 30, 2018, 08:23:18 pm »
    Wow! Glad I popped in here today and stumbled upon this thread! :)   

Offline Michael_Pierce

• Orange County, CA
      • View Profile
      • Michael Pierce Author
    « Reply #24 on: December 03, 2018, 10:10:25 pm »
    I've been working with Annie for a year and a half now. In that time, she's edited 8 novels and 2 novelettes of mine. She is always such a pleasure to work with, provides me with beautifully polished manuscripts, and is always on schedule. She is such a valuable part of my publishing team! Thank you for everything, Annie! I'm looking forward to our next year of work together.  :)

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline UnwrittenDreams

• View Profile
      « Reply #25 on: December 15, 2018, 07:06:48 am »
      I gave Annie a chance after another editor disappeared with my money.  After hesitantly giving Annie some money I patiently waited hoping again my poor command of English grammar wouldn't cause her to quit and disappear as well.

Her website is nice and the work queue gives a good idea of when the document will be completed. She did finish my document and I'm very happy with the results. Will definitely work with her again in the future and recommend her services to others.

Offline solo

• View Profile
      « Reply #26 on: December 18, 2018, 07:41:26 pm »
      Thanks for the kind words, Annie. Writing the children's books was fun, though I have to admit my line is more on young adult/adult fantasy and sci-fi. I did discover it's a lot better when you're having fun writing through a child's eyes. A bit difficult, but fun. I might come out with a sequel. Half of the proceeds of any books in the children genre will be donated to a charity supporting and caring for poor kids with cancer.

I do have to say the enhanced copy edit for the modern apocalyptic story was perfect. An excellent counterpoint in editing style to the gaslight fantasy you edited for me earlier. I think 2019 will be a busy one for you from my end. Have the beginnings of a space opera (exploring genres), a horror novel (another new genre for me), plus the start of another fantasy series.  :D

I don't think I can do romance.  :)

I believe I'll exhaust my 500k words allotment earlier than scheduled. Much earlier.

Thanks!

Happy holidays to everyone!

Offline SusanMayWriter

• View Profile
      « Reply #27 on: December 19, 2018, 01:00:00 am »
      Just thought I'd share again how fantastic Annie is. I know how hard it is to find an editor you like and trust.

I'm so fussy with editors and I've been around for awhile and hired and fired a few in my time. Annie though is a real keeper. She's just finished another story of mine and I'm so delighted.

Even though I've been writing and been edited for years, she's teaching me new things just by her editing. You may remember I had issues before with another editor I found here who didn't deliver the work (Dunmore Editor) but Annie helped me by quickly taking over what that one didn't do.

If you're unhappy with your editor or are new and want someone to help you find your voice and shine your work up, do try Annie. Also, she's just a lovely person. BTW, I write in American and she handles that very well even though she's English.

Thank you, Annie. You are awesome!

Offline andreadrew

• Melbourne Australia
        • View Profile
      « Reply #28 on: December 19, 2018, 10:11:13 pm »
      Annie is currently working on my first police procedural/detective mystery currently, and despite it getting "messy" in places, she hasn't charged me any extra.  She stayed in contact throughut the whole process.  She is one of the good ones.

Andrea Drew | Blog

Offline willow163

• View Profile
      « Reply #29 on: December 30, 2018, 01:13:42 pm »
      Just signed up for an annual deal with Annie. I have never worked with an editor before, so I was terrified!!! I have books in her queue, but in the meantime she's given my butt the kick it's needed to get in gear with a project I have been stalling on for years. Her assessment has me knowing I'm on the right track and now it's full speed ahead. To echo everyone else's assessment, when you email, you get Annie, when you get edits, advice, samples, you get Annie. She's not some big scary Oz behind the curtain, she feels like a real, genuine person who cares about your work as much as you do. Thank you, Annie!!!

Offline Evenstar

• Here. Hare. Here.
        • View Profile
      « Reply #30 on: January 02, 2019, 02:16:39 pm »
      After re-writing a few chapters of an old book that I felt were clunky I then passed the whole book over to Annie for a re-edit.

This book has already been through TWO editors in the past. I was horrified by how many mistakes she found! But she was right! I checked every single one and cringed at how often I had used the wrong tense and none of us picked up on it before Annie got her red pen out, LOL.

This woman is worth her weight in gold, or in diamonds? Are diamonds better? I tell you what - Annie is worth her weight in chocolate!!

Offline LoveLucyJ

• View Profile
        • Love Lucy Johanson
      « Reply #31 on: January 05, 2019, 06:57:26 am »
      Wanted to pop by after getting my latest manuscript returned. I know some editors are sometimes iffy about erotic romance and graphic scenes, but Annie was not one of those.

Just had a trilogy of erotic romance novellas returned with plenty of straight corrections as well as advice/suggestions in the notes. Really happy with this job. Lots of on-point advice, specific to the genre too, not just the words, and I'm fairly confident about it.

Signed up for the middle option in the edits, but she was fast, too, meaning I may have to sign up again before the year is out! Worth every penny.

lovelucyjoho

Offline DanaAlden

• View Profile
      « Reply #32 on: January 05, 2019, 03:34:54 pm »
      I launched my book, Rescued by the Mountain Man, last week. Several people have commented, including in the Amazon reviews, what a clean read it is, without lots of errors (grammar, spelling, homonyms, etc.) that can plague indie books. Thank you! I just recommended Annie at Just Copyeditors to another author.

Offline brohrbaugh20

• View Profile
      « Reply #33 on: January 11, 2019, 12:58:43 pm »
      I found Annie on here after searching for an editor I could trust. I had read horror stories of peoples experiences with other editors and just wasn't sure if I wanted to take the risk. I can honestly say I am so glad I took the leap after speaking with Annie. She not only is fast, efficient, and thorough, but she took the time out to tell me things I could work on to be a better writer. I will continue to use her company for as long as I am writing books and would recommend her to anyone. If you are looking for an affordable but high quality editor, do not hesitate to contact Annie.

Offline SusanMayWriter

• View Profile
      « Reply #34 on: January 17, 2019, 06:44:56 pm »
      Just popping back in because I've received another story back from Annie, and this really proves I've made the right choice with her, after having so many misfires with other editors.

This story was a 130 page novella and she did one amazing thing, amongst everything else.

The main character was in his early twenties but she sent it back suggesting he "read older" with his attitude and voice, and why didn't I just change his age. It wasn't so simple because he was a rookie cop. However, I thought I'll take a look and see what would happen if I gave him a few paragraphs of back story to explain why a thirty-five year old guy would change careers.

Bingo! It suddenly explained a lot about him and his choices and it was like the last piece of the puzzle slotted into place. Even his voice became clearer to me.

Thank you to Annie and K-boards because if it wasn't for this place, then I would never have found her and I'm keeping Annie for good.

Sometimes, editors are good to start with and then they fade because they're busy or they don't care as much. But not Annie. She is delightful in her emails and a wonder with the editing. It's normal to find a few errors made by an editor when you get the manuscript back but again, I think I found just one, which I know would bother Annie, but for me, that's amazing!

Don't hesitate to contact her if you are thinking your editor is not great or you are looking for a new one.

Offline willow163

• View Profile
      « Reply #35 on: February 07, 2019, 09:26:22 am »
      I'm already up to two books edited by Annie and am anxiously awaiting my third! Annie is super awesome. She is a genuine person who takes on your "book babies" as her own. Give her a try. You won't be disappointed.

Offline solo

• View Profile
      « Reply #36 on: February 13, 2019, 07:01:07 pm »
      Shoutout to Annie! Thanks for a wonderful copy edit. The 5th book of the epic fantasy series is going live on the 15th of February 2019. You made it possible for me to have an early release though it was a 117,500 word manuscript.  :D

ADD: This is the 5th book Annie handled for me.
      « Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 07:03:51 pm by solo »

Offline brohrbaugh20

• View Profile
      « Reply #37 on: February 18, 2019, 09:06:56 am »
      Annie just finished the second book I had sent her. She continues to deliver amazing edits and gives me tips on what I can work on in future books. I will continue to use her company for as long as I write.

Offline Evenstar

• Here. Hare. Here.
        • View Profile
      « Reply #38 on: February 21, 2019, 09:00:07 am »
      Another amazing edit by Annie. This time she helped me with notes to rewrite the ending as I knew there was something wrong with it but I couldn't work out how to fix it.

If you need someone who is an editor plus, then you need Annie!

Offline SusanMayWriter

• View Profile
      « Reply #39 on: February 25, 2019, 10:54:29 pm »
      I was just recommending Annie to a friend and I thought I should mention that I've just released the first book that I've edited with Annie and my beta team and proofreaders commented on what a fantastic job my "new" editor had done.

Annie has saved me so much time and embarrassment in that there was so little to correct. Previously, I was constantly getting the same emails from my betas finding more mistakes and grammatical errors.

Also, I actually think my writing has improved. She gave me a few tips and, I don't know, it's all come together. I've been writing for a long time but having Annie edit is a little like a masterclass. I keep telling her to put up her price to her weight in gold. I'd pay something near that for her. :)

Offline solo

• View Profile

Thanks, Annie. I just adjusted the release date of the story you copy-edited. Earlier by 5 days. And the OMG! I said in my email when you returned the manuscript stands. 😊

The book marked the fifth (?; sorry, I lost count) story youve edited for me  - a quick note please on my current word count. Thanks.

As always, the quality of your work is impressive. I am still learning from your copy-edits though mastering tenses is sadly my weak spot, I admit. Though I noticed there were fewer red marks on the manuscript compared to the earlier stories you checked (Yey!). I do wish you were my copy-editor when I start publishing a year and a half ago.

Again, thanks! Will be renewing the 500k word review contract when the time comes.

Offline Just-Copyeditors

• View Profile
      **Annual editing deals special rate: 30/3 to 2/4 ONLY, 500k words $1500** If you miss it, it's gone...and will revert to the above. :)

www.just-copyeditors.com

Highly experienced, friendly, accessible, helpful copyeditors - 5*-rated (no complaints, ever!) - fantasy - sci-fi - romance - erotica - thriller - military - action - suspense - psychological - and more. 

Editing benefits:

- We keep rates as low as possible. Sign up now, and use your word allocation when you're ready, as rates are slowly rising to get Annie off the ramen noodles.
      - Flexibility to put in your books at any point, whenever you are ready;
      - no more messing about to try and secure an editor!;
      - no barriers to what we will edit. Steamy? Gory? We will love it, no matter what it is!;
      - positive and encouraging--no dread and trepidation required!;
      - 5* reviews from all clients--we have never had a complaint;
      - dedicated, client comes first attitude and no downtime--Annie's always working to get your scripts completed;
      - Buy one-off ($0.006/word) or annually ($0.005/word);
      - Visible work queue: you always know what we are working on;
      - 1-1 editor relationship, no juniors, all fiction is edited by Annie;
      - Fast and friendly;
      - All-inclusive deals including enhanced editing--where Annie goes beyond just error correction and will improve your prose if authorised;
      - Huge add-on benefits (Rewards) at no extra. See next section, after the Rates.

Sample Rates April 2019

*One-off edit:   50,000 words - $300 / GBP 228 ($0.006/word)
      *One-off edit: 100,000 words - $600 / GBP 455
      *Annual deal:  150,000 words - $750 / GBP 570 ($0.005/word)
      *Annual deal:  300,000 words - $1500 / GBP 1139
      *Annual deal:  500,000 words - $2500 / GBP 1897 - or grab the deal a couple of lines down, act fast!

**Annual editing deals special rate: 30/3 to 2/4 ONLY, 500k words $2000 ($0.004/word)** If you miss it, it's gone...and will revert to the above. :)

Annual deals are by necessity limited, so apply early. Annie can only take five more annual-deal clients--and only because a few of our early annual sign-ups have exhausted all their work. We've completed every shred of editing they had! Yay!

Add-On Benefits (Loyalty Rewards)

As a regular client, you are likely to receive something extra--wait and see! All annual sign-ups are automatically eligible for consideration, while one-off buyers are considered based on how often they submit work.

- FREE Facebook ads, carefully targeted and administered by an expert Facebook marketer! Eligibility: 10% of regular clients. Value $1300 per person. Awarded on book merit.
      - FREE reader reviews. Truly impartial, from our panel of up to 10,000 reviewers (accruing daily). Eligibility: most regular clients, by invitation.
      - FREE Blurb & Story Clinic. Using the reader panel, get votes on things like the preferred book cover, best blurb, storylines, pricing. Eligibility: every repeat buyer.
      - FREE Book of the Month Award. Editor's pick. Lead Editor Annie's favourite book sent for editing each month. Wins a Limited-Edition Certificate for your wall. Hologrammed, watermarked, signed and mailed. Eligibility: all regular buyers' books are considered. Twelve given per year.
      - FREE Book of the Quarter Award. As above but backed by four editors, Annie plus three colleagues. Hologrammed, watermarked, signed and mailed. Eligibility: all regular buyers' books are considered, and only four Awards are given per year.
      - FREE Book of the Year Award. As above, backed by four editors. Hologrammed, watermarked, signed and mailed with extra goodies, plus a $1300 Facebook ad package for your next book, an editorial review, and a set of readers' reviews. First to be awarded in January 2020. Eligibility: all regular buyers' books are considered.
      - FREE ad-hoc Merit Awards. Certificates for other author-y achievements, in the eyes of our editors. For example, for innovation, perfect prolific prose, or by genre. Hologrammed, watermarked, signed and mailed.

Read more about Loyalty Rewards at: www.just-copyeditors.com/loyalty-rewards.

*Now on Whatsapp*

Finally, Annie (Lead Editor) is now available to everyone on Whatsapp.
      See (www.just-copyeditors.com/contact) and feel free to pop up on Whatsapp with any queries.
      Or email Annie at [email protected] or [email protected]

Huge thanks for all your continued loyalty, your positive messages and your great books for editing.

ANNIE (28/03/2019)

This post has been revised to make it simpler to read!

www.just-copyeditors.com
      « Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 10:31:29 am by Just-Copyeditors »

Offline DanaAlden

• View Profile
      Annie! I just received your email telling me that Just Copyeditors is selecting my book, Rescued by the Mountain Man, as your first Book of the Quarter winner for October - December 2018. I am thrilled and honored! Thank you!!!

Offline Just-Copyeditors

• View Profile
      Dana, thank you so much for sending us your editing work in 2018/19 and yes, Rescued by the Mountain Man is indeed our first 'Book of the Quarter'!

Of course, as the Lead Editor and the one who works on all the fiction, I had the primary vote but I was blown away by this book and put it forward to my three colleagues who also agreed it was a worthy, superbly-produced book.

What we loved about Rescued by the Mountain Man... above all, it is wonderfully evocative in its descriptions, so much so that the reader feels they are there with the characters,fully immersed. I could smell those forests and revel in the nature! Characterisation and scene-setting were brilliant, and you pick up every small nuance of human relationships.

The storyline was compelling and we all loved the dialogue.

It is clear from your readers' reviews that they are equally wowed. Very well done, Dana... and here's to more fantastic books. You beat more than 200 scripts from so many sources to win the first Book of the Quarter.

I will be mailing out your certificate this week. Please drop me an email confirming the mailing address so I don't get it wrong!

Best,

Annie.

Offline DanaAlden

• View Profile
      Annie and Just Copyeditors Team: Thank you!!!

Offline solo

• View Profile
      Hi, Annie.

Thanks for the Certificate of Merit for the children's book "Frieda's Cookies." I have to admit writing it required adopting a totally different mindset from my usual genres. Didn't sell well but I loved the process (I think that's the important part). I am at the stage now of trying out new fields (nope, can't do erotica.  :icon_mrgreen:). I am still a toddler in the business of writing. Had a few bestsellers, wrote in another fantasy subgenre to convince myself I was not a one-trick pony, hit some roadblocks, writing again - the usual. Still a part-time writer, though.

Thanks again!

All the best,

Solo.

Offline Just-Copyeditors

• View Profile
      Solo, I think Frieda's Cookies didn't sell well only due to lack of publicity. It's so hard for people to find their way to a story unless it's what you regularly publish and one book can lead a reader to another, so I hope Just Copyeditors can give it a push in time for next Christmas via our Facebook ads.

I definitely feel you have a flair for children's books and if you were to write more, who knows...?

Loved every word of it, personally. But then, maybe that says I need to grow up, ha.

Annie

Offline willow163

• View Profile
      Re: Annual editing: 30/3 to 2/4 ONLY, 500k words $2000 ($0.004)
      « Reply #47 on: April 05, 2019, 02:55:37 pm »
      Annie just finished editing my entire novella series (4 books), and then a couple days later she sent back another book I had out to her! I had signed up for the annual deal, so she'll soon be receiving my fantasy series for editing, and I'm going to slip some blog posts in there too. I love that I'm going to have the same set of eyes on all my written works--that consistency in itself is worth it. Thanks Annie! Talk soon!

Offline Just-Copyeditors

• View Profile
      **One-off or annual editing deal, for new clients. Annual editing deals special rate: 30/3 to 2/4 ONLY, 500k words $1500.

*Just Copyeditors has a 100% satisfaction rate with 5* reviews
      *See the website www.just-copyeditors.com/testimonials
      *All genres, no barriers. Happy to edit all writing types, but most clients write fantasy, sci-fi, romance, erotica, suspense, thriller, shorts
      *Yep, truly $0.003/word for sign-ups this coming week--get sending! No catch, just that I hate being bored!
      *Any size task! My smallest was 600 words, my largest a humongous 175k words! Yikes!
      * If you're an existing client, you also get the rate for any new book edits or packages you buy.
      *Never had a complaint
      *Hugely dedicated--I work night and day, no excuses!
      *Over 60 1-1 referees willing to speak for me (thanks, all) and a stack of testimonials
      *Very personal service--by me, Annie
      *Test edits of 3-5k words free (just wing them over!)
      * You can have standard corrections editing or 'enhanced', where I add zing to the copy where required--let me know which version you'd like. The enhanced edit just means, give permission for me to add small areas of copy to give it a lift if I consider it could help--but of course, it retains your voice and you just accept or reject

Rates have not been advertised as low as the above since I launched the services back in October last year. Things have been so busy--bonkers!--with copyediting, I failed to re-advertise--didn't think I'd ever get through the mound of work--and never thought that the twenty annual clients would not keep me flat out. But yes, it's happened... well, what a blooper!

I am actually having quiet days as I have exhausted all my clients' editing! Eh, blimey!

So, rather than sit inspecting my navel and heel-kicking, why not offer a phenomenal deal again to you hard-working authors?

Grab 'em while they're there--once I am back at capacity, I will close the deal. First come, first served...! I'm happy to take a look at any work you'd like to cast my way while things are quiet. Having said that, I do have sufficient for the next seven days but the diary is looking fairly accommodating for a period thereafter.

[email protected]
      [email protected]

Thanks,

Annie
      Lead Editor
      www.just-copyeditors.com
      « Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 04:38:33 am by Just-Copyeditors »

Offline The Deposed King

• View Profile
        • Luky Sky Wachter Blog
      I'm interested.  My latest book Admiral's Throne is languishing in need an editor.  I'll try to message you also.

The Deposed King

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Just-Copyeditors

• View Profile
        I'm interested.  My latest book Admiral's Throne is languishing in need an editor.  I'll try to message you also.

The Deposed King

Hi, The Deposed King!

Oh, we can't have a script just languishing, can we? That is no good at all and I'd sure love to edit it. Drop me a line at [email protected] or [email protected], and I'd be very happy to chat about what you need.

I am finishing an edit today for Brandon...then I have one for Susan May... and could be onto your book by the end of this week, if that suited.

Warmest,

Annie.

Offline brohrbaugh20

• View Profile
        Annie has now edited 3 of my books. I have nothing but good things to say about her and her company. If you are in need of an affordable but thorough editor, Annie is for you. I will continue to use her company as long as I write.

Offline Just-Copyeditors

• View Profile
        'brohrbaugh', huge thanks as ever! You are a sweetheart...thank you for that lovely and unexpected review!

To everyone who is still asking if they can claim the old advertised rate on my last posts, yes, absolutely. Even if I have applied end dates to the latest offer, until I make a point of posting new rates here, I shall adhere to my last stated rate. I will always do this, so if you're after a special rate, keep an eye open here. I try to be flexible where I can.

It is always great to get new clients and I love working for all the writers who come to me through KBoards, so bring it on! Plus, I am presently selling my money-pit country home and (hopefully, all being well that everything completes with the house sale...) I am soon moving to a far more affordable place, and my clients will benefit.

Annie. :D

Offline SND

• View Profile
        Gonna do my best to be editorially succinct here :) I wholeheartedly recommend Annie at Just Copyeditors. She's gonna be my go-to editor from here on out. A good eye, keen editorial insight and prompt turnaround. Thanks, Annie.

Offline Evenstar

• Here. Hare. Here.
          • View Profile
        Another manuscript turned around in record time despite the fact Annie is in the middle of moving house! And still done to the very highest standared.

She's the Wonder Woman of Words

Offline solo

• View Profile
        Just a shout-out to Annie and her team. Thanks for a wonderful job on the latest book. I know it's a take on the tried and (probably) overused vampire genre, though surprisingly, readers found it engaging. Thanks again.

And I do agree, Evenstar (Another manuscript turned around in record time despite the fact Annie is in the middle of moving house! And still done to the very highest standard).

Scotland forever!  :D

Offline Just-Copyeditors

• View Profile
        Hi All,

I have been thrilled with my clients' work submitted under annual deals--actually, 'annual' applies no longer. All new arrangements (June 2019 onwards) will stand until the word allocation is used up, to a maximum of two years from sign-up.

I have only two spaces remaining for 300k or 500k word deals for 2019. The rate for 500k words is (USD) $2500 or $0.005/word, payable by Paypal on sign-up. 300k words are $1500.

Please see the website www.just-copyeditors.com for further options for different word numbers and one-offs.

Please note that to edit 500k words means I am spending the equivalent of a solid month on your work, so multiply $2500 by the twelve months in a year, and you see why I cannot go lower any longer, ha.

It takes a minimum of five days to edit 100k words, but these are days of 12+ hours. I don't believe it can be done faster without the quality being compromised and major issues getting missed, something I never wish to see happening under my brand.

I am really so sorry my rate has had to go up but the first ones were introductory fees for authors to try my service out; I am even selling my house so I can keep these current rates--as shown on the website. It may well be that I'd lower the rates again for lump-sum 'deal' clients, if I eventually get a successful sale of the house. You will always get preferential terms.

So! Anyone wanting to buy a 300k-word deal or a 500k-word deal, please just write to me. One-offs are also very welcome!

Any questions? Drop a line to [email protected]

It will always be my intention to return work swiftly--and to a very high standard--working around the clock to achieve it.

I am no longer the 'cheapest' on Kboards--but the only way to sustain my quality was to gradually move to working above minimum wage. I cannot see how anyone can do sixty hours of work (100k words minimum editing time) for under $500, which is how the deal pricing works out, so I truly hope the rate is still considered reasonable.

No editor could wish for better clients to work for! You are all a joy, thank you. I look forward to some great new clients.

Best,

Annie

Offline lethomasjr

• North Georgia, USA
          • View Profile
          • Star Runners Universe
        I can only echo what others have written here when I add I don't know how Annie does it. I just finished looking over the most recent manuscript she edited for me so quickly.

Wow. As all with the great editors, the finished product is so much better.

I'm so appreciative to have found Annie here. Every manuscript she touches is blessed to have her. Thank you!

L.E. Thomas | Facebook | Website | Twitter | Pinterest

Offline SusanMayWriter

• View Profile
        Just going through my latest edit back from Annie. Honestly, Annie, thank you, you really are the best editor that I've ever had. I know you've put your prices up ... as you well should ... but they are still incredible value. There's editors and then there's Annie. I'll be taking up another annual package because she makes my work better than it's been before. In fact, I feel I've learned a lot in the last ten months since signing up for the year's package, so you get a twofold benefit.  You learn something more and you get a well edited book. Thanks Annie! :)

Offline Michael_Pierce

• Orange County, CA
          • View Profile
          • Michael Pierce Author
        I've been working with Annie for over two years now. In that time, she's edited 11 novels and 2 novelettes of mine. Her work is always top notch and timely, with great suggestions to make my manuscripts as polished as possible. She is such a valuable part of my publishing team! Thank you for everything, Annie! :)

Offline Evenstar

• Here. Hare. Here.
          • View Profile
        Another excellent copyedit back from Annie.

Once again I would like to recommend and endorse this company if you are looking for reliability and consistency and quality.

A grateful writer  ;)

Offline Just-Copyeditors

• View Profile
        Annie here,

How is everyone?

As I have to fund a horribly expensive structural engineer--eek--I am offering just a handful of editing deals at super rates. They are limited, as follows:

1x 500k-word deal at $2000 (USD) - these are deals where you can submit any number of scripts until you have used your word allowance. No expiry date...just keep submitting till your deal is used.

2x 300k-word deals at $1350 each. Same as the above.

Other deals can be made by arrangement, including reduced one-offs or smaller packages.

Just ask! [email protected] or [email protected] (or both)  :P

Note the standard rates on my website are markedly higher.

My KBoards 'standard' rate is still only half of what I charge on Reedsy and Fiverr. So when I run offers here at a discounted rate, you lucky folk (ha) are subsidised by all the work I gain elsewhere--cool, eh? Kinda sneaky, I know...but it works for my favorite clients, YOU!

All testimonials ever received are on the website--I include everything any client has posted about me since the service began, last October:

www.just-copyeditors/testimonials

If you wish to take the 500k-words deal at $2000, please write quickly as there really is just one of those. You can, of course, buy the deal at its usual rate of $2500 if that one has been sold when you inquire.

A free trial edit is available to every potential client; please send 5,000 words or thereabouts and I'll return it as fast as I can.

Happy writing--keep it up. I so love all the work I get from KBoards writers; you are all very talented and keep me mega busy. Have a great weekend.

Annie

As before, these still apply!

*Just Copyeditors has a 100% satisfaction rate with 5* reviews
        *Scripts of all sizes are welcomed, even within the multi-edit deals. The smallest job was 600 words. Largest, oooooh, it was 310k... what a whopper!
        *See the website www.just-copyeditors.com/testimonials
        *All genres, no barriers. Happy to edit all writing types, but most clients write fantasy, sci-fi, romance, erotica, suspense, thriller, shorts
        *Never had a complaint
        *Happy to pep up your steamy scenes as requested
        *Deal available to everyone, existing clients may also sign up for new rate for any further work
        *Hugely dedicated--I work night and day, no excuses!
        *Over 100 1-1 referees willing to speak for me (thanks, all) and a stack of testimonials
        *Very personal service--by me, Annie
        *Test edits of 5k words free (just wing them over!)
        * You can have standard corrections editing or 'enhanced', where I add zing to the copy where required--let me know which version you'd like. The enhanced edit just means, give permission for me to add small areas of copy to give it a lift if I consider it could help--but of course, it retains your voice and you just accept or reject. Experienced authors may not need this.

---

I have been thrilled with my clients' work submitted under annual deals--actually, 'annual' applies no longer. All new arrangements (June 2019 onward) will stand until the word allocation is used up, to a maximum of two years from sign-up. This applies to the 500k-word, 300k-word and other large word deals.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 10:01:12 am by Just-Copyeditors »

Offline GT59

• Massachusetts
          • View Profile
        Just purchased one of Annie's 300k word deals.  I'm a new customer and happy to find someone who has such glowing reviews here on kboards.  Looking forward to working with her !

Offline SusanMayWriter

• View Profile
        Hey Annie, I'm just dropping in AGAIN... lol... to say thank you for that quick turn around on those extra chapters for me. What you did to polish them up with that enhanced edit was genius. Thank you. You are worth your weight in gold, girl! :) Looking forward to our next collaboration. That is really what it feels like to me, and I appreciate your kind words through my manuscript, along with all the red. :)

Offline DanaAlden

• View Profile
        I just renewed my editing package with Annie when I gave her my third book to edit. Moving Mountains will be on Amazon by Oct 1. Having a professional polish is important for an Indie writer. I'm very pleased with the work Annie has done and I know this has contributed to the success of my books. Annie does a great job, and is prompt and efficient. Plus she makes herself available for follow-up discussions. Thank you, Annie!

Offline GT59

• Massachusetts
          • View Profile
        Just received an edit on my book.  Annie is fantastic.  Professional, prompt, nice, skilled !   Great work.  Thanks, Annie. 

Offline Just-Copyeditors

• View Profile
        5*-reviewed editor's NEW CLIENT OFFERS. $0.005 / $0.004/word. Stop faffing! :D
        « Reply #66 on: October 20, 2019, 07:32:36 am »
        THIS UPDATE WAS ADDED ON 20th October 2019--as the thread link seems to take you to the early threads rather than the latest, I thought I had better change it out, or you are seeing an old message!

Hey all,

IT'S INTERNATIONAL, NO-FUDGERY, STOP-THAT-FAFFING, NO-PROCRASTINATION DAY!

Have you finished writing that book yet? You know the one... yep, that one. The one languishing on your Mac while you mess about on KBoards talking about writing it?  ;D

No more excuses--get to it!

I've sneakily (and hopefully) held back a few copy-editing opportunities for brand new clients; new client gaps have been built within the rather busy-looking timings shown on my work queue at https://www.just-copyeditors.com/work-queue, so if you need something, please do inquire--or even enquire, if a Brit!

First, please see all my reviews; every piece of feedback (review) I have received in the last year is shown on the site's Testimonials. Here!

https://www.just-copyeditors.com/testimonials

FOR NEW CLIENTS:

Until these new client spaces are filled, you may purchase a 'one-off' edit at $0.005/word (normally $0.006) or a several-scripts package deal at the unusually low rate of $0.004/word (normally $0.005).

I am not sure how many spaces I have; I guess it depends on how much writing each of you has achieved and which deal you want, but right now, I'm all agog to see what new material comes my way. I will accommodate as many of you as I can.

When the gaps are filled, prices revert--but c'mon, they are still low all the time. I am keeping my rates up to 2.5x higher on other sites so I can continue to discount for KBoards folks--since I love you so much.  :-*

INQUIRE/ENQUIRE!

To inquire/enquire, here's the gubbins:

- Please message me with a sample of your work. Send to: [email protected]

or

[email protected]

or both, just to be sure!

- The work you send should be from the middle or end of the script you'd like edited. Let me see it at its worst! Choose the piece that was written when you had gone sleepless for a night and drunk a few glasses of wine or had a massive fight with your interfering mother, or that day when the dog had peed on your new Jimmy Choo shoes. ;) This means I can be realistic and see where to fit it in according to the frustration-factor error rate, ha. I can then come back with a yay or nay--or even a yes or no. There are occasions I need to decline to edit a script--but in terms of work from KBoards people, those times are rare indeed.

- Please tell me whether you choose US or UK English, and in which country you are located. The latter makes a difference for billing only. Most clients are in the USA, Canada, Australia and the UK.

- let me know if your work is urgent or has a deadline
        , since this may affect whether I can book you in.

- and finally, please tell me if you'd like a short sample edit before booking. Note that I have to take the work bookings in the order in which clients offer to make firm dates with me, so you 'may' lose a lower-fee slot simply by waiting for the sample, but I am more than happy to provide them. 3,000 words is about what I can fit in just now.

Some lucky author can get their work done right away, this being because several clients in the queue have not yet submitted their pieces to edit. First come, first served (and all that malarkey)...

I also have many clients willing to be 1-1 referees, especially in fantasy, thriller, suspense, romance, sci-fi, non-fiction, memoir.

I'm waiting! Prostrate on my desk! No, really! Actually, I am not, but Grubby the cat is. She's the sub-editor so that counts.

Happy Sunday. Or is it Monday where you are?

Annie

HANDY HINTS for the successful booking of your editor:

Hot tips!

- do not mention Br**it!
        - do not drop covert hints at the fact you're not mentioning Br**it!
        - do not ask how the weather is. I am in Scotland. It's raining! Like, always...at least, till summer comes.
        - refrain from asking me what I am doing today. I am editing... what else would/should I be doing?  :D
        « Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 08:08:18 am by Just-Copyeditors »

Offline Sanne

• Australia
          • View Profile
        After I received an awesome 3,000 word sample edit on a PNR, I booked Annie straight away--no faffing involved on my part. She's amazing, so lovely, and super affordable. Thank you, Annie! Yipeeeee!!!! :) :) :)

Offline Just-Copyeditors

• View Profile
        After I received an awesome 3,000 word sample edit on a PNR, I booked Annie straight away--no faffing involved on my part. She's amazing, so lovely, and super affordable. Thank you, Annie! Yipeeeee!!!! :) :) :)

And it is such a privilege to be working for you! It was just one of those instant wow-factor moments when I opened that first message from you. There was no doubt I wanted to work for you--so thank you for giving me a try!  :)

Offline Sanne

• Australia
          • View Profile
        And it is such a privilege to be working for you! It was just one of those instant wow-factor moments when I opened that first message from you. There was no doubt I wanted to work for you--so thank you for giving me a try!  :)

Awww, thank you, Annie. Great to be working with you, too! :)

Offline Sanne

• Australia
          • View Profile
        Just finished going through the edit I received (early!) from the lovely Annie. This is the first time I've worked with Just Copyeditors, and Annie will definitely be my go-to editor from now on. She's flexible, fast, super-nice and relatable, and does an absolutely brilliant job. Thank you Annie! I'm looking forward to the next one. :) Highly recommended.

Offline Nev

• View Profile
        Super stoked to work with Just Copyeditors. I approached them with an emergency copyedit triage situation today and Annie wedged my project into their schedule. After reviewing her sample edit of three chapters, I'm glad I reached out. Looking forward to reviewing the full edit! Thank you, Annie!

Offline JonnyP

• View Profile
        Been editing my latest book, blogs and short stories. Amazing value and such an outstanding turn around. Doesn't take away the voice of the me as the author at all, but helps me reinforce my messages.

Offline Just-Copyeditors

• View Profile
        OFFERS: 5*-reviewed editing: 500k words $2500, 300k words $1500.
        « Reply #73 on: December 13, 2019, 04:52:24 am »
        Afternoon, all!

It's been a while since I posted--you guys sure give me a ton of work!  ;D

Happy to say, there are 1-2 spaces for copy editing package deal clients. These come up only rarely these days--hence how infrequently I post here. Usually, it's when someone has sent me everything they have written and need a writing break while they dream up more words.

ONE new client will get the deal at $0.004 as a 'first come, first served' kind of KBoards offer!

I now have many more reviews than are posted (not quite up to date on the website either but will be soon). All 5* to date, on every platform.

One-off buyers (per script rather than package deals) are welcome too but my rate for these will be going up anon, unfortunately!

All discounted work--rates as shown on the website and here--are "subsidised" by the fact I charge a whopping rate by comparison on third-party sites such as Reedsy, Fiverr etc. (Yes, I know...you thought Fiverr projects averaged a $5 fee. Hell, so did I till I got going. My average there is $1250 per 90k-words edit!). Currently, I am charging at least twice the KBoards rate anywhere else, allowing me to continue running super deals for KBoards members.

So hop on board--send a script for a test edit (5k words or thereabouts) or just say hi. For the package deals, since the rate is extremely low for masses of time input, I look for top-calibre writers whose work will come through on time. Most clients are US-based, or Australian or Canadian--though I am a Brit working in chilly Scotland.

If I cannot accommodate you on the best deal rate, you can be sure we will reach an agreement. :) I also love to work for new authors who need that bit more help and editorial leverage to get going... so in short, drop a line and we can go from there!

www.just-copyeditors.com

[email protected]

[email protected]

Happy Holidays, all!

Annie  :)

Offline solo

• View Profile
        Happy new year to all!

Just a note to say thanks to Annie. You've been an essential part of my writing/publishing efforts (I can't say work. I still have my day job.  ;D). Actually, I've lost count of how many books you've edited for me - must be these old neurons. But at least you have a record of my word count with you.

The last book you've edited has already been released last December 20, 2019. It's been doing great considering it's the seventh book of a series.

Thanks again! And say hello to the Voodoo lilies for me. LOL.

Edmund

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Just-Copyeditors

• View Profile
          Annie's 2020 Discounted Editing. 125+ 5-star reviews.
          « Reply #75 on: January 26, 2020, 02:45:26 am »
          THIS UPDATE WAS ADDED ON 26th January 2020!

Hi, all!

A lot has changed since my last post here:

- I now have more than 125 5-star reviews you can see on the website. As the business has only been going for just over a year and there's never been a negative review (or even a gripe sent my way)--you can see you'll receive a top-notch edit.

- I pride myself on fast responses and 24/7 access--none of those dodgy disappearing editor shenanigans!

- I now work (part-time) for a major US publisher, so as I earn consistently there, I oddly have MORE time available for your work. I no longer need to work flat out to earn a decent crust! Yay! Grubby the Persian cat appreciates that too; Mom is less stressed and can buy more chicken.

- Fiverr (where my average job is priced around $1750) promoted me so I also earn better there--and that again means I can pass to you some discounts and time savings that I gain by working less hard on Fiverr for a very good rate.

See my Fiverr profile here:

www.fiverr.com/anniejenkinson

- Packages of X number of words for use anytime are still available to you, the lowest rates going to KBoards authors with the lowest error rates.

- However, KBoards rates are at least half the 'regular' rate of authors being billed elsewhere. On Fiverr, my rate is a minimum of x10. So on Fiverr, 100k-word edits cost at least 1,000 ($1300). Via KBoards, it'd cost you between 380/$500 and 600/$780 depending on script quality. The lowest rate of $500 is when you pre-buy a package deal of 150k, 300k or 500k words. Otherwise, the rate is according to the script standard.

- For the same fee, you may still request enhanced edits. Here, I correct all the usual gubbins, but also, I enhance the script by suggesting new copy (which I write for you) and generally perking up areas that can be improved. You may, of course, forego all that and just have corrections.

- I am very open to taking new clients of all standards, so don't be deterred by the error rate thing; KBoards authors often qualify for lower rates. If not, you're most likely a new writer--in which case I can really assist the quality of your writing.

- Packages only become available when another author drops out, almost always when I have edited everything they have written to date!  :o

Questions?

Ask me: [email protected]

See the website here:

www.just-copyeditors.com

And see screenshots of testimonials here:

www.just-copyeditors.com/testimonials

Thank you, and happy writing!

Annie
          « Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 03:54:49 am by Just-Copyeditors »

Offline Nev

• View Profile
          Re: Annie's 2020 Discounted Editing. 125+ 5-star reviews.
          « Reply #76 on: January 26, 2020, 07:36:19 am »

Annie is 100% awesome. I wrote to her in a panic in late November with a crisis need for a thorough copyedit and despite the fact I wasn't a client at that point, and the fact that she was in the midst of copyediting a book for a big trade pub, she took the project and completed the 100K word copyedit in less than a week. In addition, she made herself available for several back and forths on the edits over the next few days (some of those in the wee hours of the morning). I highly recommend her services.

Offline dracwn

• View Profile
          « Reply #77 on: July 26, 2020, 12:24:12 pm »
          I just wanted to say that Annie did an excellent job for me on my upcoming book, The Echo Effect. She is very easy to work with. And very fast and efficient in her work. I didn't have a fast turn around planned for the edits, so when they appeared in my email two weeks after I'd sent her the manuscript (approx. 90k) - I actually wasn't prepared to start going over them yet (a good problem to have!). I also love the fact that she has a Queue showing her past/present/future projects.

I highly recommend her services!

John McGuire | Tessera Guild

Offline Ward12

• View Profile
          « Reply #78 on: August 19, 2020, 09:19:36 am »
          Yet again Annie has delivered my edit (65K words) ahead of schedule, this is the 5th edit Annie has taken on for me and I cant recommend her service enough. Annie offers a great, professional service at a very competitive rate and is always happy to offer advise based on her wealth of experience.

Many thanks Annie

Lance   

Offline A. N. Other Author

• Staffordshire, UK
            • View Profile
          « Reply #79 on: August 26, 2020, 01:49:38 am »
          This service is fantastic. I just got my third book in a series back a little earlier than planned. Great editing and attention to detail. Will more than likely renew my bulk-buy when my current word count expires.

(I stay anonymous on here due to much-publicized reasons, but PM me if you want to see which books Annie has done for me).

Offline DanaAlden

• View Profile
          « Reply #80 on: January 11, 2021, 08:29:15 am »
          I love Annie's services. I have book #4 nearly completed and look forward to working with Annie again.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement