Author Topic: Annie's 2020 Discounted Editing. 125+ 5-star reviews.  (Read 6464 times)  

Offline UnwrittenDreams

• View Profile
Re: *Enhanced* Copyedit, publishing house standard. USD 450-1540 <500k words
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2018, 07:06:48 am »
I gave Annie a chance after another editor disappeared with my money.  After hesitantly giving Annie some money I patiently waited hoping again my poor command of English grammar wouldn't cause her to quit and disappear as well.

Her website is nice and the work queue gives a good idea of when the document will be completed. She did finish my document and I'm very happy with the results. Will definitely work with her again in the future and recommend her services to others.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline solo

• View Profile
    « Reply #26 on: December 18, 2018, 07:41:26 pm »
    Thanks for the kind words, Annie. Writing the children's books was fun, though I have to admit my line is more on young adult/adult fantasy and sci-fi. I did discover it's a lot better when you're having fun writing through a child's eyes. A bit difficult, but fun. I might come out with a sequel. Half of the proceeds of any books in the children genre will be donated to a charity supporting and caring for poor kids with cancer.

I do have to say the enhanced copy edit for the modern apocalyptic story was perfect. An excellent counterpoint in editing style to the gaslight fantasy you edited for me earlier. I think 2019 will be a busy one for you from my end. Have the beginnings of a space opera (exploring genres), a horror novel (another new genre for me), plus the start of another fantasy series.  :D

I don't think I can do romance.  :)

I believe I'll exhaust my 500k words allotment earlier than scheduled. Much earlier.

Thanks!

Happy holidays to everyone!

Offline SusanMayWriter

• Perth, Western Australia
      • View Profile
    « Reply #27 on: December 19, 2018, 01:00:00 am »
    Just thought I'd share again how fantastic Annie is. I know how hard it is to find an editor you like and trust.

I'm so fussy with editors and I've been around for awhile and hired and fired a few in my time. Annie though is a real keeper. She's just finished another story of mine and I'm so delighted.

Even though I've been writing and been edited for years, she's teaching me new things just by her editing. You may remember I had issues before with another editor I found here who didn't deliver the work (Dunmore Editor) but Annie helped me by quickly taking over what that one didn't do.

If you're unhappy with your editor or are new and want someone to help you find your voice and shine your work up, do try Annie. Also, she's just a lovely person. BTW, I write in American and she handles that very well even though she's English.

Thank you, Annie. You are awesome!

Offline andreadrew

• Melbourne Australia
      • View Profile
    « Reply #28 on: December 19, 2018, 10:11:13 pm »
    Annie is currently working on my first police procedural/detective mystery currently, and despite it getting "messy" in places, she hasn't charged me any extra.  She stayed in contact throughut the whole process.  She is one of the good ones.

Andrea Drew | Blog

Offline willow163

• View Profile
    « Reply #29 on: December 30, 2018, 01:13:42 pm »
    Just signed up for an annual deal with Annie. I have never worked with an editor before, so I was terrified!!! I have books in her queue, but in the meantime she's given my butt the kick it's needed to get in gear with a project I have been stalling on for years. Her assessment has me knowing I'm on the right track and now it's full speed ahead. To echo everyone else's assessment, when you email, you get Annie, when you get edits, advice, samples, you get Annie. She's not some big scary Oz behind the curtain, she feels like a real, genuine person who cares about your work as much as you do. Thank you, Annie!!!

Offline Evenstar

• Here. Hare. Here.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #30 on: January 02, 2019, 02:16:39 pm »
    After re-writing a few chapters of an old book that I felt were clunky I then passed the whole book over to Annie for a re-edit.

This book has already been through TWO editors in the past. I was horrified by how many mistakes she found! But she was right! I checked every single one and cringed at how often I had used the wrong tense and none of us picked up on it before Annie got her red pen out, LOL.

This woman is worth her weight in gold, or in diamonds? Are diamonds better? I tell you what - Annie is worth her weight in chocolate!!

Offline LoveLucyJ

• View Profile
      • Love Lucy Johanson
    « Reply #31 on: January 05, 2019, 06:57:26 am »
    Wanted to pop by after getting my latest manuscript returned. I know some editors are sometimes iffy about erotic romance and graphic scenes, but Annie was not one of those.

Just had a trilogy of erotic romance novellas returned with plenty of straight corrections as well as advice/suggestions in the notes. Really happy with this job. Lots of on-point advice, specific to the genre too, not just the words, and I'm fairly confident about it.

Signed up for the middle option in the edits, but she was fast, too, meaning I may have to sign up again before the year is out! Worth every penny.

lovelucyjoho

Offline DanaAlden

• View Profile
    « Reply #32 on: January 05, 2019, 03:34:54 pm »
    I launched my book, Rescued by the Mountain Man, last week. Several people have commented, including in the Amazon reviews, what a clean read it is, without lots of errors (grammar, spelling, homonyms, etc.) that can plague indie books. Thank you! I just recommended Annie at Just Copyeditors to another author.

Offline brohrbaugh20

• View Profile
    « Reply #33 on: January 11, 2019, 12:58:43 pm »
    I found Annie on here after searching for an editor I could trust. I had read horror stories of peoples experiences with other editors and just wasn't sure if I wanted to take the risk. I can honestly say I am so glad I took the leap after speaking with Annie. She not only is fast, efficient, and thorough, but she took the time out to tell me things I could work on to be a better writer. I will continue to use her company for as long as I am writing books and would recommend her to anyone. If you are looking for an affordable but high quality editor, do not hesitate to contact Annie.

Offline SusanMayWriter

• View Profile
    « Reply #34 on: January 17, 2019, 06:44:56 pm »
    Just popping back in because I've received another story back from Annie, and this really proves I've made the right choice with her, after having so many misfires with other editors.

This story was a 130 page novella and she did one amazing thing, amongst everything else.

The main character was in his early twenties but she sent it back suggesting he "read older" with his attitude and voice, and why didn't I just change his age. It wasn't so simple because he was a rookie cop. However, I thought I'll take a look and see what would happen if I gave him a few paragraphs of back story to explain why a thirty-five year old guy would change careers.

Bingo! It suddenly explained a lot about him and his choices and it was like the last piece of the puzzle slotted into place. Even his voice became clearer to me.

Thank you to Annie and K-boards because if it wasn't for this place, then I would never have found her and I'm keeping Annie for good.

Sometimes, editors are good to start with and then they fade because they're busy or they don't care as much. But not Annie. She is delightful in her emails and a wonder with the editing. It's normal to find a few errors made by an editor when you get the manuscript back but again, I think I found just one, which I know would bother Annie, but for me, that's amazing!

Don't hesitate to contact her if you are thinking your editor is not great or you are looking for a new one.

Offline willow163

• View Profile
    « Reply #35 on: February 07, 2019, 09:26:22 am »
    I'm already up to two books edited by Annie and am anxiously awaiting my third! Annie is super awesome. She is a genuine person who takes on your "book babies" as her own. Give her a try. You won't be disappointed.

Offline solo

• View Profile
    « Reply #36 on: February 13, 2019, 07:01:07 pm »
    Shoutout to Annie! Thanks for a wonderful copy edit. The 5th book of the epic fantasy series is going live on the 15th of February 2019. You made it possible for me to have an early release though it was a 117,500 word manuscript.  :D

ADD: This is the 5th book Annie handled for me.
    « Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 07:03:51 pm by solo »

Offline brohrbaugh20

• View Profile
    « Reply #37 on: February 18, 2019, 09:06:56 am »
    Annie just finished the second book I had sent her. She continues to deliver amazing edits and gives me tips on what I can work on in future books. I will continue to use her company for as long as I write.

Offline Evenstar

• Here. Hare. Here.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #38 on: February 21, 2019, 09:00:07 am »
    Another amazing edit by Annie. This time she helped me with notes to rewrite the ending as I knew there was something wrong with it but I couldn't work out how to fix it.

If you need someone who is an editor plus, then you need Annie!

Offline SusanMayWriter

• View Profile
    « Reply #39 on: February 25, 2019, 10:54:29 pm »
    I was just recommending Annie to a friend and I thought I should mention that I've just released the first book that I've edited with Annie and my beta team and proofreaders commented on what a fantastic job my "new" editor had done.

Annie has saved me so much time and embarrassment in that there was so little to correct. Previously, I was constantly getting the same emails from my betas finding more mistakes and grammatical errors.

Also, I actually think my writing has improved. She gave me a few tips and, I don't know, it's all come together. I've been writing for a long time but having Annie edit is a little like a masterclass. I keep telling her to put up her price to her weight in gold. I'd pay something near that for her. :)

Offline solo

• View Profile

Thanks, Annie. I just adjusted the release date of the story you copy-edited. Earlier by 5 days. And the OMG! I said in my email when you returned the manuscript stands. 😊

The book marked the fifth (?; sorry, I lost count) story youve edited for me  - a quick note please on my current word count. Thanks.

As always, the quality of your work is impressive. I am still learning from your copy-edits though mastering tenses is sadly my weak spot, I admit. Though I noticed there were fewer red marks on the manuscript compared to the earlier stories you checked (Yey!). I do wish you were my copy-editor when I start publishing a year and a half ago.

Again, thanks! Will be renewing the 500k word review contract when the time comes.

Offline Just-Copyeditors

• View Profile
    **Annual editing deals special rate: 30/3 to 2/4 ONLY, 500k words $1500** If you miss it, it's gone...and will revert to the above. :)

www.just-copyeditors.com

Highly experienced, friendly, accessible, helpful copyeditors - 5*-rated (no complaints, ever!) - fantasy - sci-fi - romance - erotica - thriller - military - action - suspense - psychological - and more. 

Editing benefits:

- We keep rates as low as possible. Sign up now, and use your word allocation when you're ready, as rates are slowly rising to get Annie off the ramen noodles.
    - Flexibility to put in your books at any point, whenever you are ready;
    - no more messing about to try and secure an editor!;
    - no barriers to what we will edit. Steamy? Gory? We will love it, no matter what it is!;
    - positive and encouraging--no dread and trepidation required!;
    - 5* reviews from all clients--we have never had a complaint;
    - dedicated, client comes first attitude and no downtime--Annie's always working to get your scripts completed;
    - Buy one-off ($0.006/word) or annually ($0.005/word);
    - Visible work queue: you always know what we are working on;
    - 1-1 editor relationship, no juniors, all fiction is edited by Annie;
    - Fast and friendly;
    - All-inclusive deals including enhanced editing--where Annie goes beyond just error correction and will improve your prose if authorised;
    - Huge add-on benefits (Rewards) at no extra. See next section, after the Rates.

Sample Rates April 2019

*One-off edit:   50,000 words - $300 / GBP 228 ($0.006/word)
    *One-off edit: 100,000 words - $600 / GBP 455
    *Annual deal:  150,000 words - $750 / GBP 570 ($0.005/word)
    *Annual deal:  300,000 words - $1500 / GBP 1139
    *Annual deal:  500,000 words - $2500 / GBP 1897 - or grab the deal a couple of lines down, act fast!

**Annual editing deals special rate: 30/3 to 2/4 ONLY, 500k words $2000 ($0.004/word)** If you miss it, it's gone...and will revert to the above. :)

Annual deals are by necessity limited, so apply early. Annie can only take five more annual-deal clients--and only because a few of our early annual sign-ups have exhausted all their work. We've completed every shred of editing they had! Yay!

Add-On Benefits (Loyalty Rewards)

As a regular client, you are likely to receive something extra--wait and see! All annual sign-ups are automatically eligible for consideration, while one-off buyers are considered based on how often they submit work.

- FREE Facebook ads, carefully targeted and administered by an expert Facebook marketer! Eligibility: 10% of regular clients. Value $1300 per person. Awarded on book merit.
    - FREE reader reviews. Truly impartial, from our panel of up to 10,000 reviewers (accruing daily). Eligibility: most regular clients, by invitation.
    - FREE Blurb & Story Clinic. Using the reader panel, get votes on things like the preferred book cover, best blurb, storylines, pricing. Eligibility: every repeat buyer.
    - FREE Book of the Month Award. Editor's pick. Lead Editor Annie's favourite book sent for editing each month. Wins a Limited-Edition Certificate for your wall. Hologrammed, watermarked, signed and mailed. Eligibility: all regular buyers' books are considered. Twelve given per year.
    - FREE Book of the Quarter Award. As above but backed by four editors, Annie plus three colleagues. Hologrammed, watermarked, signed and mailed. Eligibility: all regular buyers' books are considered, and only four Awards are given per year.
    - FREE Book of the Year Award. As above, backed by four editors. Hologrammed, watermarked, signed and mailed with extra goodies, plus a $1300 Facebook ad package for your next book, an editorial review, and a set of readers' reviews. First to be awarded in January 2020. Eligibility: all regular buyers' books are considered.
    - FREE ad-hoc Merit Awards. Certificates for other author-y achievements, in the eyes of our editors. For example, for innovation, perfect prolific prose, or by genre. Hologrammed, watermarked, signed and mailed.

Read more about Loyalty Rewards at: www.just-copyeditors.com/loyalty-rewards.

*Now on Whatsapp*

Finally, Annie (Lead Editor) is now available to everyone on Whatsapp.
    See (www.just-copyeditors.com/contact) and feel free to pop up on Whatsapp with any queries.
    Or email Annie at [email protected] or [email protected]

Huge thanks for all your continued loyalty, your positive messages and your great books for editing.

ANNIE (28/03/2019)

This post has been revised to make it simpler to read!

www.just-copyeditors.com
    « Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 10:31:29 am by Just-Copyeditors »

Offline DanaAlden

• View Profile
    Annie! I just received your email telling me that Just Copyeditors is selecting my book, Rescued by the Mountain Man, as your first Book of the Quarter winner for October - December 2018. I am thrilled and honored! Thank you!!!

Offline Just-Copyeditors

• View Profile
    Dana, thank you so much for sending us your editing work in 2018/19 and yes, Rescued by the Mountain Man is indeed our first 'Book of the Quarter'!

Of course, as the Lead Editor and the one who works on all the fiction, I had the primary vote but I was blown away by this book and put it forward to my three colleagues who also agreed it was a worthy, superbly-produced book.

What we loved about Rescued by the Mountain Man... above all, it is wonderfully evocative in its descriptions, so much so that the reader feels they are there with the characters,fully immersed. I could smell those forests and revel in the nature! Characterisation and scene-setting were brilliant, and you pick up every small nuance of human relationships.

The storyline was compelling and we all loved the dialogue.

It is clear from your readers' reviews that they are equally wowed. Very well done, Dana... and here's to more fantastic books. You beat more than 200 scripts from so many sources to win the first Book of the Quarter.

I will be mailing out your certificate this week. Please drop me an email confirming the mailing address so I don't get it wrong!

Best,

Annie.

Offline DanaAlden

• View Profile
    Annie and Just Copyeditors Team: Thank you!!!

Offline solo

• View Profile
    Hi, Annie.

Thanks for the Certificate of Merit for the children's book "Frieda's Cookies." I have to admit writing it required adopting a totally different mindset from my usual genres. Didn't sell well but I loved the process (I think that's the important part). I am at the stage now of trying out new fields (nope, can't do erotica.  :icon_mrgreen:). I am still a toddler in the business of writing. Had a few bestsellers, wrote in another fantasy subgenre to convince myself I was not a one-trick pony, hit some roadblocks, writing again - the usual. Still a part-time writer, though.

Thanks again!

All the best,

Solo.

Offline Just-Copyeditors

• View Profile
    Solo, I think Frieda's Cookies didn't sell well only due to lack of publicity. It's so hard for people to find their way to a story unless it's what you regularly publish and one book can lead a reader to another, so I hope Just Copyeditors can give it a push in time for next Christmas via our Facebook ads.

I definitely feel you have a flair for children's books and if you were to write more, who knows...?

Loved every word of it, personally. But then, maybe that says I need to grow up, ha.

Annie

Offline willow163

• View Profile
    Re: Annual editing: 30/3 to 2/4 ONLY, 500k words $2000 ($0.004)
    « Reply #47 on: April 05, 2019, 02:55:37 pm »
    Annie just finished editing my entire novella series (4 books), and then a couple days later she sent back another book I had out to her! I had signed up for the annual deal, so she'll soon be receiving my fantasy series for editing, and I'm going to slip some blog posts in there too. I love that I'm going to have the same set of eyes on all my written works--that consistency in itself is worth it. Thanks Annie! Talk soon!

Offline Just-Copyeditors

• View Profile
    **One-off or annual editing deal, for new clients. Annual editing deals special rate: 30/3 to 2/4 ONLY, 500k words $1500.

*Just Copyeditors has a 100% satisfaction rate with 5* reviews
    *See the website www.just-copyeditors.com/testimonials
    *All genres, no barriers. Happy to edit all writing types, but most clients write fantasy, sci-fi, romance, erotica, suspense, thriller, shorts
    *Yep, truly $0.003/word for sign-ups this coming week--get sending! No catch, just that I hate being bored!
    *Any size task! My smallest was 600 words, my largest a humongous 175k words! Yikes!
    * If you're an existing client, you also get the rate for any new book edits or packages you buy.
    *Never had a complaint
    *Hugely dedicated--I work night and day, no excuses!
    *Over 60 1-1 referees willing to speak for me (thanks, all) and a stack of testimonials
    *Very personal service--by me, Annie
    *Test edits of 3-5k words free (just wing them over!)
    * You can have standard corrections editing or 'enhanced', where I add zing to the copy where required--let me know which version you'd like. The enhanced edit just means, give permission for me to add small areas of copy to give it a lift if I consider it could help--but of course, it retains your voice and you just accept or reject

Rates have not been advertised as low as the above since I launched the services back in October last year. Things have been so busy--bonkers!--with copyediting, I failed to re-advertise--didn't think I'd ever get through the mound of work--and never thought that the twenty annual clients would not keep me flat out. But yes, it's happened... well, what a blooper!

I am actually having quiet days as I have exhausted all my clients' editing! Eh, blimey!

So, rather than sit inspecting my navel and heel-kicking, why not offer a phenomenal deal again to you hard-working authors?

Grab 'em while they're there--once I am back at capacity, I will close the deal. First come, first served...! I'm happy to take a look at any work you'd like to cast my way while things are quiet. Having said that, I do have sufficient for the next seven days but the diary is looking fairly accommodating for a period thereafter.

[email protected]
    [email protected]

Thanks,

Annie
    Lead Editor
    www.just-copyeditors.com
    « Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 04:38:33 am by Just-Copyeditors »

Offline The Deposed King

• View Profile
      • Luky Sky Wachter Blog
    I'm interested.  My latest book Admiral's Throne is languishing in need an editor.  I'll try to message you also.

The Deposed King

KBoards.com

• Advertisement