Author Topic: Annie's 2020 Discounted Editing. 125+ 5-star reviews.  (Read 6511 times)  

Offline Just-Copyeditors

• View Profile
I'm interested.  My latest book Admiral's Throne is languishing in need an editor.  I'll try to message you also.

The Deposed King

Hi, The Deposed King!

Oh, we can't have a script just languishing, can we? That is no good at all and I'd sure love to edit it. Drop me a line at [email protected] or [email protected], and I'd be very happy to chat about what you need.

I am finishing an edit today for Brandon...then I have one for Susan May... and could be onto your book by the end of this week, if that suited.

Warmest,

Annie.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline brohrbaugh20

• View Profile
    Annie has now edited 3 of my books. I have nothing but good things to say about her and her company. If you are in need of an affordable but thorough editor, Annie is for you. I will continue to use her company as long as I write.

Offline Just-Copyeditors

• View Profile
    'brohrbaugh', huge thanks as ever! You are a sweetheart...thank you for that lovely and unexpected review!

To everyone who is still asking if they can claim the old advertised rate on my last posts, yes, absolutely. Even if I have applied end dates to the latest offer, until I make a point of posting new rates here, I shall adhere to my last stated rate. I will always do this, so if you're after a special rate, keep an eye open here. I try to be flexible where I can.

It is always great to get new clients and I love working for all the writers who come to me through KBoards, so bring it on! Plus, I am presently selling my money-pit country home and (hopefully, all being well that everything completes with the house sale...) I am soon moving to a far more affordable place, and my clients will benefit.

Annie. :D

Offline SND

• View Profile
    Gonna do my best to be editorially succinct here :) I wholeheartedly recommend Annie at Just Copyeditors. She's gonna be my go-to editor from here on out. A good eye, keen editorial insight and prompt turnaround. Thanks, Annie.

Offline Evenstar

• Here. Hare. Here.
      • View Profile
    Another manuscript turned around in record time despite the fact Annie is in the middle of moving house! And still done to the very highest standared.

She's the Wonder Woman of Words

Offline solo

• View Profile
    Just a shout-out to Annie and her team. Thanks for a wonderful job on the latest book. I know it's a take on the tried and (probably) overused vampire genre, though surprisingly, readers found it engaging. Thanks again.

And I do agree, Evenstar (Another manuscript turned around in record time despite the fact Annie is in the middle of moving house! And still done to the very highest standard).

Scotland forever!  :D

Offline Just-Copyeditors

• View Profile
    Hi All,

I have been thrilled with my clients' work submitted under annual deals--actually, 'annual' applies no longer. All new arrangements (June 2019 onwards) will stand until the word allocation is used up, to a maximum of two years from sign-up.

I have only two spaces remaining for 300k or 500k word deals for 2019. The rate for 500k words is (USD) $2500 or $0.005/word, payable by Paypal on sign-up. 300k words are $1500.

Please see the website www.just-copyeditors.com for further options for different word numbers and one-offs.

Please note that to edit 500k words means I am spending the equivalent of a solid month on your work, so multiply $2500 by the twelve months in a year, and you see why I cannot go lower any longer, ha.

It takes a minimum of five days to edit 100k words, but these are days of 12+ hours. I don't believe it can be done faster without the quality being compromised and major issues getting missed, something I never wish to see happening under my brand.

I am really so sorry my rate has had to go up but the first ones were introductory fees for authors to try my service out; I am even selling my house so I can keep these current rates--as shown on the website. It may well be that I'd lower the rates again for lump-sum 'deal' clients, if I eventually get a successful sale of the house. You will always get preferential terms.

So! Anyone wanting to buy a 300k-word deal or a 500k-word deal, please just write to me. One-offs are also very welcome!

Any questions? Drop a line to [email protected]

It will always be my intention to return work swiftly--and to a very high standard--working around the clock to achieve it.

I am no longer the 'cheapest' on Kboards--but the only way to sustain my quality was to gradually move to working above minimum wage. I cannot see how anyone can do sixty hours of work (100k words minimum editing time) for under $500, which is how the deal pricing works out, so I truly hope the rate is still considered reasonable.

No editor could wish for better clients to work for! You are all a joy, thank you. I look forward to some great new clients.

Best,

Annie

Offline lethomasjr

• North Georgia, USA
      • View Profile
      • Star Runners Universe
    I can only echo what others have written here when I add I don't know how Annie does it. I just finished looking over the most recent manuscript she edited for me so quickly.

Wow. As all with the great editors, the finished product is so much better.

I'm so appreciative to have found Annie here. Every manuscript she touches is blessed to have her. Thank you!

L.E. Thomas | Facebook | Website | Twitter | Pinterest

Offline SusanMayWriter

• Perth, Western Australia
      • View Profile
    Just going through my latest edit back from Annie. Honestly, Annie, thank you, you really are the best editor that I've ever had. I know you've put your prices up ... as you well should ... but they are still incredible value. There's editors and then there's Annie. I'll be taking up another annual package because she makes my work better than it's been before. In fact, I feel I've learned a lot in the last ten months since signing up for the year's package, so you get a twofold benefit.  You learn something more and you get a well edited book. Thanks Annie! :)

Offline Michael_Pierce

• Orange County, CA
      • View Profile
      • Michael Pierce Author
    I've been working with Annie for over two years now. In that time, she's edited 11 novels and 2 novelettes of mine. Her work is always top notch and timely, with great suggestions to make my manuscripts as polished as possible. She is such a valuable part of my publishing team! Thank you for everything, Annie! :)

Offline Evenstar

• Here. Hare. Here.
      • View Profile
    Another excellent copyedit back from Annie.

Once again I would like to recommend and endorse this company if you are looking for reliability and consistency and quality.

A grateful writer  ;)

Offline Just-Copyeditors

• View Profile
    Annie here,

How is everyone?

As I have to fund a horribly expensive structural engineer--eek--I am offering just a handful of editing deals at super rates. They are limited, as follows:

1x 500k-word deal at $2000 (USD) - these are deals where you can submit any number of scripts until you have used your word allowance. No expiry date...just keep submitting till your deal is used.

2x 300k-word deals at $1350 each. Same as the above.

Other deals can be made by arrangement, including reduced one-offs or smaller packages.

Just ask! [email protected] or [email protected] (or both)  :P

Note the standard rates on my website are markedly higher.

My KBoards 'standard' rate is still only half of what I charge on Reedsy and Fiverr. So when I run offers here at a discounted rate, you lucky folk (ha) are subsidised by all the work I gain elsewhere--cool, eh? Kinda sneaky, I know...but it works for my favorite clients, YOU!

All testimonials ever received are on the website--I include everything any client has posted about me since the service began, last October:

www.just-copyeditors/testimonials

If you wish to take the 500k-words deal at $2000, please write quickly as there really is just one of those. You can, of course, buy the deal at its usual rate of $2500 if that one has been sold when you inquire.

A free trial edit is available to every potential client; please send 5,000 words or thereabouts and I'll return it as fast as I can.

Happy writing--keep it up. I so love all the work I get from KBoards writers; you are all very talented and keep me mega busy. Have a great weekend.

Annie

As before, these still apply!

*Just Copyeditors has a 100% satisfaction rate with 5* reviews
    *Scripts of all sizes are welcomed, even within the multi-edit deals. The smallest job was 600 words. Largest, oooooh, it was 310k... what a whopper!
    *See the website www.just-copyeditors.com/testimonials
    *All genres, no barriers. Happy to edit all writing types, but most clients write fantasy, sci-fi, romance, erotica, suspense, thriller, shorts
    *Never had a complaint
    *Happy to pep up your steamy scenes as requested
    *Deal available to everyone, existing clients may also sign up for new rate for any further work
    *Hugely dedicated--I work night and day, no excuses!
    *Over 100 1-1 referees willing to speak for me (thanks, all) and a stack of testimonials
    *Very personal service--by me, Annie
    *Test edits of 5k words free (just wing them over!)
    * You can have standard corrections editing or 'enhanced', where I add zing to the copy where required--let me know which version you'd like. The enhanced edit just means, give permission for me to add small areas of copy to give it a lift if I consider it could help--but of course, it retains your voice and you just accept or reject. Experienced authors may not need this.

---

I have been thrilled with my clients' work submitted under annual deals--actually, 'annual' applies no longer. All new arrangements (June 2019 onward) will stand until the word allocation is used up, to a maximum of two years from sign-up. This applies to the 500k-word, 300k-word and other large word deals.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 10:01:12 am by Just-Copyeditors »

Offline GT59

• Massachusetts
      • View Profile
    Just purchased one of Annie's 300k word deals.  I'm a new customer and happy to find someone who has such glowing reviews here on kboards.  Looking forward to working with her !

Offline SusanMayWriter

• Perth, Western Australia
      • View Profile
    Hey Annie, I'm just dropping in AGAIN... lol... to say thank you for that quick turn around on those extra chapters for me. What you did to polish them up with that enhanced edit was genius. Thank you. You are worth your weight in gold, girl! :) Looking forward to our next collaboration. That is really what it feels like to me, and I appreciate your kind words through my manuscript, along with all the red. :)

Offline DanaAlden

• View Profile
    I just renewed my editing package with Annie when I gave her my third book to edit. Moving Mountains will be on Amazon by Oct 1. Having a professional polish is important for an Indie writer. I'm very pleased with the work Annie has done and I know this has contributed to the success of my books. Annie does a great job, and is prompt and efficient. Plus she makes herself available for follow-up discussions. Thank you, Annie!

Offline GT59

• Massachusetts
      • View Profile
    Just received an edit on my book.  Annie is fantastic.  Professional, prompt, nice, skilled !   Great work.  Thanks, Annie. 

Offline Just-Copyeditors

• View Profile
    5*-reviewed editor's NEW CLIENT OFFERS. $0.005 / $0.004/word. Stop faffing! :D
    « Reply #66 on: October 20, 2019, 07:32:36 am »
    THIS UPDATE WAS ADDED ON 20th October 2019--as the thread link seems to take you to the early threads rather than the latest, I thought I had better change it out, or you are seeing an old message!

Hey all,

IT'S INTERNATIONAL, NO-FUDGERY, STOP-THAT-FAFFING, NO-PROCRASTINATION DAY!

Have you finished writing that book yet? You know the one... yep, that one. The one languishing on your Mac while you mess about on KBoards talking about writing it?  ;D

No more excuses--get to it!

I've sneakily (and hopefully) held back a few copy-editing opportunities for brand new clients; new client gaps have been built within the rather busy-looking timings shown on my work queue at https://www.just-copyeditors.com/work-queue, so if you need something, please do inquire--or even enquire, if a Brit!

First, please see all my reviews; every piece of feedback (review) I have received in the last year is shown on the site's Testimonials. Here!

https://www.just-copyeditors.com/testimonials

FOR NEW CLIENTS:

Until these new client spaces are filled, you may purchase a 'one-off' edit at $0.005/word (normally $0.006) or a several-scripts package deal at the unusually low rate of $0.004/word (normally $0.005).

I am not sure how many spaces I have; I guess it depends on how much writing each of you has achieved and which deal you want, but right now, I'm all agog to see what new material comes my way. I will accommodate as many of you as I can.

When the gaps are filled, prices revert--but c'mon, they are still low all the time. I am keeping my rates up to 2.5x higher on other sites so I can continue to discount for KBoards folks--since I love you so much.  :-*

INQUIRE/ENQUIRE!

To inquire/enquire, here's the gubbins:

- Please message me with a sample of your work. Send to: [email protected]

or

[email protected]

or both, just to be sure!

- The work you send should be from the middle or end of the script you'd like edited. Let me see it at its worst! Choose the piece that was written when you had gone sleepless for a night and drunk a few glasses of wine or had a massive fight with your interfering mother, or that day when the dog had peed on your new Jimmy Choo shoes. ;) This means I can be realistic and see where to fit it in according to the frustration-factor error rate, ha. I can then come back with a yay or nay--or even a yes or no. There are occasions I need to decline to edit a script--but in terms of work from KBoards people, those times are rare indeed.

- Please tell me whether you choose US or UK English, and in which country you are located. The latter makes a difference for billing only. Most clients are in the USA, Canada, Australia and the UK.

- let me know if your work is urgent or has a deadline
    , since this may affect whether I can book you in.

- and finally, please tell me if you'd like a short sample edit before booking. Note that I have to take the work bookings in the order in which clients offer to make firm dates with me, so you 'may' lose a lower-fee slot simply by waiting for the sample, but I am more than happy to provide them. 3,000 words is about what I can fit in just now.

Some lucky author can get their work done right away, this being because several clients in the queue have not yet submitted their pieces to edit. First come, first served (and all that malarkey)...

I also have many clients willing to be 1-1 referees, especially in fantasy, thriller, suspense, romance, sci-fi, non-fiction, memoir.

I'm waiting! Prostrate on my desk! No, really! Actually, I am not, but Grubby the cat is. She's the sub-editor so that counts.

Happy Sunday. Or is it Monday where you are?

Annie

HANDY HINTS for the successful booking of your editor:

Hot tips!

- do not mention Br**it!
    - do not drop covert hints at the fact you're not mentioning Br**it!
    - do not ask how the weather is. I am in Scotland. It's raining! Like, always...at least, till summer comes.
    - refrain from asking me what I am doing today. I am editing... what else would/should I be doing?  :D
    « Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 08:08:18 am by Just-Copyeditors »

Offline Sanne

• Australia
      • View Profile
    After I received an awesome 3,000 word sample edit on a PNR, I booked Annie straight away--no faffing involved on my part. She's amazing, so lovely, and super affordable. Thank you, Annie! Yipeeeee!!!! :) :) :)

Offline Just-Copyeditors

• View Profile
    After I received an awesome 3,000 word sample edit on a PNR, I booked Annie straight away--no faffing involved on my part. She's amazing, so lovely, and super affordable. Thank you, Annie! Yipeeeee!!!! :) :) :)

And it is such a privilege to be working for you! It was just one of those instant wow-factor moments when I opened that first message from you. There was no doubt I wanted to work for you--so thank you for giving me a try!  :)

Offline Sanne

• Australia
      • View Profile
    And it is such a privilege to be working for you! It was just one of those instant wow-factor moments when I opened that first message from you. There was no doubt I wanted to work for you--so thank you for giving me a try!  :)

Awww, thank you, Annie. Great to be working with you, too! :)

Offline Sanne

• Australia
      • View Profile
    Just finished going through the edit I received (early!) from the lovely Annie. This is the first time I've worked with Just Copyeditors, and Annie will definitely be my go-to editor from now on. She's flexible, fast, super-nice and relatable, and does an absolutely brilliant job. Thank you Annie! I'm looking forward to the next one. :) Highly recommended.

Offline Nev

• View Profile
    Super stoked to work with Just Copyeditors. I approached them with an emergency copyedit triage situation today and Annie wedged my project into their schedule. After reviewing her sample edit of three chapters, I'm glad I reached out. Looking forward to reviewing the full edit! Thank you, Annie!

Offline JonnyP

• View Profile
    Been editing my latest book, blogs and short stories. Amazing value and such an outstanding turn around. Doesn't take away the voice of the me as the author at all, but helps me reinforce my messages.

Offline Just-Copyeditors

• View Profile
    OFFERS: 5*-reviewed editing: 500k words $2500, 300k words $1500.
    « Reply #73 on: December 13, 2019, 04:52:24 am »
    Afternoon, all!

It's been a while since I posted--you guys sure give me a ton of work!  ;D

Happy to say, there are 1-2 spaces for copy editing package deal clients. These come up only rarely these days--hence how infrequently I post here. Usually, it's when someone has sent me everything they have written and need a writing break while they dream up more words.

ONE new client will get the deal at $0.004 as a 'first come, first served' kind of KBoards offer!

I now have many more reviews than are posted (not quite up to date on the website either but will be soon). All 5* to date, on every platform.

One-off buyers (per script rather than package deals) are welcome too but my rate for these will be going up anon, unfortunately!

All discounted work--rates as shown on the website and here--are "subsidised" by the fact I charge a whopping rate by comparison on third-party sites such as Reedsy, Fiverr etc. (Yes, I know...you thought Fiverr projects averaged a $5 fee. Hell, so did I till I got going. My average there is $1250 per 90k-words edit!). Currently, I am charging at least twice the KBoards rate anywhere else, allowing me to continue running super deals for KBoards members.

So hop on board--send a script for a test edit (5k words or thereabouts) or just say hi. For the package deals, since the rate is extremely low for masses of time input, I look for top-calibre writers whose work will come through on time. Most clients are US-based, or Australian or Canadian--though I am a Brit working in chilly Scotland.

If I cannot accommodate you on the best deal rate, you can be sure we will reach an agreement. :) I also love to work for new authors who need that bit more help and editorial leverage to get going... so in short, drop a line and we can go from there!

www.just-copyeditors.com

[email protected]

[email protected]

Happy Holidays, all!

Annie  :)

Offline solo

• View Profile
    Happy new year to all!

Just a note to say thanks to Annie. You've been an essential part of my writing/publishing efforts (I can't say work. I still have my day job.  ;D). Actually, I've lost count of how many books you've edited for me - must be these old neurons. But at least you have a record of my word count with you.

The last book you've edited has already been released last December 20, 2019. It's been doing great considering it's the seventh book of a series.

Thanks again! And say hello to the Voodoo lilies for me. LOL.

Edmund

KBoards.com

• Advertisement