Author Topic: INSTANT POT... Post all here... RECIPES too!!  (Read 5229 times)  

Offline mlewis78

• New York, NY
  • Member #3406
    • View Profile
Re: INSTANT POT... Post all here... RECIPES too!!
« Reply #100 on: September 27, 2020, 12:12:49 am »
My IP makes some clicking noises too. Not loud. Haven't heard it every time. Today I made oatmeal in it and for dinner salmon and a potato.
New York, NY
Flutist, retired legal word processing operator
Readers:  Oasis 2, Kindle Fire 8 HD Plus, Paperwhite 2 (2013) (gave away), Fire HDX 8.9" (won't hold a charge now), Fire HD6 (2014 pink), 2012 K4(black), K4(silver), KFHD 7", K3 that won't charge, Kindle DX (US), Sony PRS-350, B&N Nook STR and Bookeen Cybook Opus

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Atunah

• South of Seasons
      • View Profile
    « Reply #101 on: September 27, 2020, 03:25:23 pm »
    Fish in the IP? Haven't tried that yet. You put it on the rack? I am intrigued.

Not gonna worry about the clicking, apparently others hear them too. And its usually only at the beginning as far as I can tell. And I can't remember if its always, or only sometimes or if its always done that from the beginning.

Offline mlewis78

• New York, NY
    • Member #3406
      • View Profile
    « Reply #102 on: September 28, 2020, 11:49:31 pm »
    I have an stainless steel accessory basket with hole vents that I put the fish in (or any other meat). I put a potato in with it when I want one (last night). I pressure cook about 13 minutes unless it is frozen, then 20. Most recipes say to cook far less, but when I did that it was not cooked through and not even hot in the middle. Who ever heard of rare fish? I have been using the 3 qt. My 6 qt. has a mesh basket accessory.

I was having salmon often (cooked on stovetop) before I had an instant pot. In order to get started after having the IP for months, I started with that. 
    New York, NY
    Readers:  Oasis 2, Kindle Fire 8 HD Plus, Paperwhite 2 (2013) (gave away), Fire HDX 8.9" (won't hold a charge now), Fire HD6 (2014 pink), 2012 K4(black), K4(silver), KFHD 7", K3 that won't charge, Kindle DX (US), Sony PRS-350, B&N Nook STR and Bookeen Cybook Opus

Offline Atunah

• South of Seasons
      • View Profile
    « Reply #103 on: October 01, 2020, 01:25:02 pm »
    Thanks. Don't think I have a  mesh basket, mine didn't come with one. Just the rack for the bottom. I'll see what I can come up. yeah, raw fish not my thing either. I don't like a lot of sea food in general. Nothing that looks like a bug and only certain fish. Don't like the ones that taste really "fishy". If that makes sense. Always loved salmon though. Just has those healthy oils we all need.

Offline mlewis78

• New York, NY
    • Member #3406
      • View Profile
    « Reply #104 on: October 02, 2020, 01:15:18 am »
    I would put the fish on a rack, but it might break. It could be wrapped in aluminum foil and placed on the rack. I have not tried that. My basket is an accessory that I bought separately and I use it for other things (chicken breasts, potatoes, other meat).
    New York, NY

Offline Louise Bates

• Maine, USA
      • View Profile
      • StarDance Press
    « Reply #105 on: October 02, 2020, 04:18:05 am »
    I have recently started making baked potatoes in my IP. I usually finish them off with 10 minutes in the oven to get the skin crispy, but even without that they are delicious--so light and fluffy, and so much faster than doing the entire thing in the oven! Hard boiled eggs have been another recent revelation. Boil faster, peel easier, and don't involve me hovering over the stove the entire time. Can't beat it!

It also cooks rice better than I've ever been able to get it on the stovetop, and cooks dried beans in less than an hour instead of it taking all day. Between my slow cooker and my IP, I'm not sure which appliance I consider most invaluable--probably both!
    Louise Bates, author of the Pauline Gray mysteries
    aka
    E.L. Bates, author of the Whitney & Davies fantasy-mystery series and the space opera From the Shadows

KBoards.com

• Advertisement