Author Topic: Completed manuscript put up for sale  (Read 10901 times)  

Offline Becca Mills

• Global Moderator
  • California
    • View Profile
Re: Completed manuscript put up for sale
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2019, 09:31:10 pm »
maxnafula, I'm going to go ahead and welcome you as a KBoards vendor on the chance that your manuscript offerings may be a recurring activity. Standard vendor rules follow. :)

You're welcome to promote your business and website here in the Writers' Cafe.

Now that you have an official thread, you'll want to add your listing to our Yellow Pages, found here: https://www.kboards.com/yp/. The listing is free to KB members and is completely self-service; you can add and edit your listing from the page. More information on our Yellow Pages listing can be found here.

In your thread here, we ask that the same basic rules be followed as we have for authors in the Book Bazaar: you may have this one thread about your service and must post to it rather than start a new thread each time. New threads about the service will be removed. Please bookmark this thread so that you can find it again when you want to post.

You may not make back-to-back posts to the thread within seven days. If someone responds (as I'm doing with this post), you may reply to them, but otherwise you must wait seven days. Any pattern of posting designed to artificially bump your thread to the top of the forum is prohibited. Please note that very short or (one- or two-word) posts with no meaningful information are discouraged and may be deleted at the moderators' discretion.

Lastly, your posts and images will need to meet our "forum decorum" guidelines, which is the case for every member.

You may find that members ask searching questions -- about how your service works, for example, or what they will get for their money, or whether your service adheres to Amazon's terms of service. Such "vetting" is a common here and can be rigorous.

Note that members are allowed to provide civil and honest feedback about your service in this thread. This feedback may include criticisms as well as kudos. You may respond to criticism in a civil manner, but name-calling, badgering, accusations of lying, and other breaches of forum decorum can lead to loss of vendor posting privileges.

Any and all disputes between you and your clients should be handled off-site.

Thanks,
Becca
KBoards Moderator

(Note that this welcome does not constitute an endorsement or vetting of a service by KBoards. Members should do due diligence when considering using a service.)

Welcome! :)
Read about using the Writers' Cafe here. Our larger "forum decorum" is here. The site's overall terms of use are here. Please be aware of this material.
Troubleshooting: If you're having difficulties with advertising on KBoards, the contact email is [email protected] You can also use our PM system to contact the site's owners via the vsAdmin account. The Link-Maker and Author Signature Tool long longer function. There's a manual version of the former here and a workaround for the latter here.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline Max N.

• View Profile
    « Reply #26 on: February 26, 2019, 02:25:48 am »
    Hi Becca, I'm somewhat new to posting on kboards, but I've been lurking around for a while so I do know the rules and I work to follow them, I've been careful to bump the thread no less than seven days before my previous post if there's no reply. I'm only offloading some manuscripts for now, so I won't be making a listing on the yellow pages (at least not for this), but thanks for the welcome  :)

Offline Max N.

• View Profile
    « Reply #27 on: March 07, 2019, 11:39:31 am »
    Hi, everyone, hope you're having a happy March so far!

So many books have gone, I'm starting to get surprised how many I actually had done. I tried KU and was shook, it actually worked! I set the books at free, got 200 in total downloads across six books, and sold like $22  :D

It's still better than I've done recently, and I'll add AMS ads later on. I'm in the market for covers (got a few already) and I'm working on my WIPs to start putting out more books, but there are still manuscripts that don't fit into my plans, so they're still on sale. The 70k word romance with dark themes is still available:

Quick description: A woman with a dark past meets a playboy with a sick sister, and shes a nurse. She pulls away after a passionate one night stand unable to run away from the nightmare of her past, but shes still drawn to him. Happy ending.

Most of what I write is romance, so even if there are other themes (ya, fantasy, paranormal) there will be romance. I have one at 10k that starts with a group of friends in high school with a wedding in the epilogue, put it at $40, but it's $30 now. If interested, please PM me, and you can receive a blurb/summary and/or a few chapters sample.

Offline Max N.

• View Profile
    « Reply #28 on: March 15, 2019, 02:02:49 am »
    Hi  :)
    Manuscripts still available, [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], and [email protected] words. Message me for summaries/blurbs and samples.

Offline Max N.

• View Profile
    « Reply #29 on: April 30, 2019, 06:47:08 am »
    Manuscripts are available  :)

91k fantasy @ $350 (SOLD)
    145k fantasy @ $500 (SOLD)
    55k sci-fi @ $180
    39k sci-fi @ $150
    14k sci-fi @ $60
    13k romance (My Cowboy) @ $60

Message me for samples and/or summaries. If you'd like to read a whole document and not a sample, I may ask for a non-refundable downpayment. (Prices have been adjusted but are not final, I am willing to negotiate.)

Please note, my cost for writing a book is different from the cost of the manuscripts. I can offer discounts depending on time and missed deadlines, refer to my ghostwriting thread.
    « Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 10:57:45 am by Max N. »

Offline arshavin

• View Profile
    « Reply #30 on: May 01, 2019, 09:59:57 am »
    Are any of the books previously published?
    Are they completed, or can be made into a series?

Offline HC

• View Profile
    « Reply #31 on: May 02, 2019, 12:28:31 am »
    Manuscripts are available  :)

91k fantasy @ $300
    145k fantasy @ $400
    55k sci-fi @ $150
    39k sci-fi @ $130
    14k sci-fi @ $60
    13k romance (My Cowboy) @ $60

Message me for blurbs and/or samples. If you'd like to read a whole document and not a sample, I may ask for a non-refundable downpayment. Prices are not final, I am willing to negotiate.

Please note, my cost for writing a book is different from the cost of the manuscripts. I can offer discounts depending on time and missed deadlines, refer to my ghostwriting thread.

I hope you don't mind me asking, but why are you selling them so cheaply? I don't quite understand how you can sell a 145K novel for a mere $400. I've sold a couple of novels before and the clients always offered far more than that even before I stated any price. Is it because you are using straightforward cookie-cutter plots and simplistic (non literary) style writing? I'm not saying that's what it is, but I'm just trying to understand why you're willing to sell so low. It may be hubris on my part, but I tend to think that any book I write has bestseller potential, so I can't imagine giving it away without charging adequately for it.

Offline Max N.

• View Profile
    « Reply #32 on: May 02, 2019, 02:06:39 am »
    HC, I'm looking for buyers, and if I put the prices too high, a lot fewer people would be willing to buy. If it was ghostwriting, the amounts would double or more (my old cost is $5/1k words but is now $10/1k words, so it would be high), but these are manuscripts I wrote that someone is going to have to take a chance on. They might not earn their money back. In a week if some of them sell and the two fantasy are still up, I might bump the prices up to 350 and 500 respectively. These aren't books I wrote from a plot, and I don't think I've ever written in literary style, but I'm not too sure I understand the difference, either.

More importantly, these are prices I've offered to other buyers, for romance books. Fantasy and sci-fi are a bit different, but at what prices could I sell them? I'm not sure. This was a first for me, selling off my old manuscripts instead of publishing. I might get more if I published them myself or submitted them somewhere, but I might not, and whoever buys them will basically be asking themselves the same questions, only it'll then be their risk to take.

Arshavin, the books are complete, but sequels are possible. the 39k fantasy, called Reversion, is actually meant to be part of a series, I'm still working on the sequels but you can just take the book as is, the ending is a bit open to pave way for the next books, if whoever buys it is interested in any sequel I can let them know when it's done.

Offline arshavin

• View Profile
    « Reply #33 on: May 08, 2019, 10:41:09 am »
    Can I ask you to finish the series at the same word count and price?
    Any longer romance books?

Offline CarolineGibson

• View Profile
    « Reply #34 on: May 08, 2019, 05:00:06 pm »
    Hi, are these edited/proofread eg ready to publish? Or are they first draft/self-edited?

Caroline Gibson | Website

Offline Max N.

• View Profile
    « Reply #35 on: May 09, 2019, 08:31:35 am »
    Hi, are these edited/proofread eg ready to publish? Or are they first draft/self-edited?

Hi, the books are self-edited/proofread. Someone confident could edit through it themselves, but if you're not confident in that area, you might need an editor/proofreader. I've had at least three other people read through the book, but not an editor/proofreader.

Can I ask you to finish the series at the same word count and price?
    Any longer romance books?

For now, no long romance that I have complete. I have some incomplete ones at around 50k words, if you're interested in looking at those, please PM me and we can talk about the price.
    As for the series, I can do the extra books, but we'd have to negotiate the price since the prices of these books are a lot lower than what I cost for my ghostwriting.

Offline Max N.

• View Profile
    « Reply #36 on: May 18, 2019, 03:53:00 am »
    Hi, all. I'm updating the list of books available, you'll have a price quoted if interested.

sci-fi: 55k @180, 39k @150 (bk1), 39k @150 (bk2), 14k @60

romance 12k, 13k @60 each

I'm publishing 4 different books this month, a few more next month, but I might put a few more books up here. Also, someone PMed me and when I try to reply, an error message comes that the inbox is full. Please check that and try again, or leave an email with your next PM.
    « Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 01:45:28 pm by Max N. »

Offline arshavin

• View Profile
    « Reply #37 on: May 21, 2019, 11:57:44 am »
    can you pm me if you have any more romance books you don't mind selling?
    completed/half-completed manuscripts only,I don't mind waiting for you to finish but I can't afford the ghostwriting rate.

Offline Max N.

• View Profile
    « Reply #38 on: May 23, 2019, 07:40:57 am »
    can you pm me if you have any more romance books you don't mind selling?
    completed/half-completed manuscripts only,I don't mind waiting for you to finish but I can't afford the ghostwriting rate.
    I won't be working on any romance manuscript to sell for the rest of this month, but I'll get back to you when I do.

I might have another fantasy to sell, though, maybe two, for anyone who'd like to check back later. I'm still proofreading them and deciding which I'll keep.

Offline Max N.

• View Profile
    « Reply #39 on: May 30, 2019, 10:25:22 am »
    Manuscripts still available for anyone interested.

Offline amiblackwelder

• Florida
    • AngelFire Chronicles
      • View Profile
      • Ami Blackwelder's Novels
    « Reply #40 on: May 30, 2019, 10:33:33 am »
    You can't join Prime; your book has to be chosen. As to Kindle Unlimited, it is only for digital books, not printed versions. As you say you have no experience of e-books, I thought I would point that out.

Sorry - did you mean you had joined them as a reader? It is very early in the morning here!  :o

My book EXOTIQA was chosen to join PRIME. But I haven't seen it help in sales at all on my end. I sale just as much as I always have. But they don't show me how many people are actually reading it on their end.

Offline amiblackwelder

• Florida
    • AngelFire Chronicles
      • View Profile
      • Ami Blackwelder's Novels
    « Reply #41 on: May 30, 2019, 10:44:05 am »
    Manuscripts still available for anyone interested.

I PMed you. I am interested in summaries of the scifi and fantasy or paranormal that you are selling.

Offline Max N.

• View Profile
    « Reply #42 on: June 04, 2019, 02:20:35 pm »
    Manuscripts available for anyone interested.

Offline Max N.

• View Profile
    « Reply #43 on: June 12, 2019, 12:22:04 pm »
    Hi, everyone. All previously mentioned books are still available. Titles and word count:
    sci-fi: the catalyst core @55k, reversion bk1 and 2 @39k each, the new big bang @14k. Romance: making up @12k, the 2nd cowboy @13k.

I also have one more fantasy, I'm still proofing it and the word count might change, only the summary will available for the next few days, but it's around 90k words but can go up to 100k, Lament of the Phoenix. The others have prices in previous posts, so this will be $350.

Message me if interested for sample/description.
    « Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 12:25:08 pm by Max N. »

Offline Max N.

• View Profile
    « Reply #44 on: June 19, 2019, 02:16:03 pm »
    Manuscripts are still available. Sample of Lament of the Phoenix now available.

Offline smasakari

• View Profile
    « Reply #45 on: June 24, 2019, 07:32:34 am »
    Are the sci-fi books still available? Any information on them ?

Offline Max N.

• View Profile
    « Reply #46 on: June 26, 2019, 04:48:49 am »
    All the books are available. I don't know what I can say without giving away the plot, but if anyone is interested I can post a short excerpt here up to 200 words.
    Another heads up, I have an old book I'm fixing up. Originally, I planned to send it to my old publisher before they started holding my manuscripts. Its a fantasy story, around 90k words. Its lesbian romance, and one of the MCs is a trans character.
    I also have some unpublished gay romance manuscripts, two books around 30k words.
    For summary/sample, please contact me.

Offline Max N.

• View Profile
    « Reply #47 on: July 04, 2019, 07:42:40 am »
    Manuscripts are still available. More romance short stories coming, including some regency shorts. If interested, please pm me.

Offline Max N.

• View Profile
    « Reply #48 on: July 12, 2019, 05:18:58 am »
    The stories are still available. Anyone interested please message me.

Offline Max N.

• View Profile
    « Reply #49 on: July 20, 2019, 11:18:55 am »
    Manuscripts available. Interested parties, please message me.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement