Author Topic: Completed manuscript put up for sale  (Read 10900 times)  

Offline JosephineM

• View Profile
Re: Completed manuscript put up for sale
« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2019, 02:17:50 pm »
Hello, can I have any info on the sci-fi books? A detail like category of science fiction the books fall under if you can.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Online Max N.

• View Profile
    « Reply #51 on: July 22, 2019, 02:20:52 am »
    The SciFi are apocalyptic/post apocalyptic. Only the short 14k one has mention of aliens.

If anyone is interested, please pm me. I have 2 regency shorts, a 4.8k erotic one, and one at 10k that I initially wanted to publish and has been edited.

Since I'm in the middle of an emergency, I'm willing to give heavy discounts on the books until the end of this month.
    « Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 02:23:05 am by Max N. »

Offline JosephineM

• View Profile
    « Reply #52 on: July 23, 2019, 10:42:32 am »
    Which manuscripts are still available?

Online Max N.

• View Profile
    « Reply #53 on: July 24, 2019, 05:33:25 am »
    The two regency shorts I mentioned in the previous post. 2 romance shorts at 13k and 12k. Can be edited/adjusted on request. Three SciFi, 55k, 39k that are apocalyptic/post-a on another planet, and 14k short story. A 90k word fantasy book.

Online Max N.

• View Profile
    « Reply #54 on: August 01, 2019, 02:10:35 am »
    Latest update: One of the regency shorts (10k) was sold, but besides the books in the previous post, I have a 32k romance. It doesn't have a blurb, but I can offer a sample up to 5k words. It's a happy ending but it does start with one of the main characters getting over a previous relationship. I've been having some trouble with formatting the doc so some words have spaces removed in between, I skimmed through and fixed a few but there are a lot, and I just don't have the time for a slower read. Its going for $100.

Also, the original cost for Catalyst core (55k sci-fi) was $180, but if anyone is interested, I can sell it for $130. For both reversion books, I can offer a $50 cut in the total cost as well. The 13k romance (cowboy) is now going for $30, down from $60. The 12k romance would need slightly less editing, so it's down to $40 from $60, same for the 14k sci-fi short. I might change this offer later.

If interested, please pm me.
    « Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 04:29:20 am by Max N. »

Offline JosephineM

• View Profile
    « Reply #55 on: August 02, 2019, 02:25:53 am »
    Can I have a sample of the romance? And can I ask you to proofread or edit it for me if the mistakes are too many?

Online Max N.

• View Profile
    « Reply #56 on: August 03, 2019, 02:07:53 am »
    So, someone already took the 32k romance, but I have another book I'm selling.

It's a book I contracted to a small press, it's gay romance up to 43k words. The book was contracted in 2015 but never published, and I might have seen it coming which is why I stopped sending work to them, but they closed down, and I received a letter for rights reversal for the book. It went through four rounds of editing, but anyone who buys it might decide to add changes of their own. If you'd like the final document, along with the original documents I received for edits, before the edits, I can find and send the docs. It started out at 38k words and went up to 43k words in the final edit.

If there's anyone interested, I'm selling the book for $250, but it's negotiable. There might still be some small mistakes, like spelling, since I never got to send the final edits.

Offline AlxW

• View Profile
    « Reply #57 on: August 06, 2019, 08:54:54 am »
    Can the story be changed to a straight romance without having to do much rewriting?

Online Max N.

• View Profile
    « Reply #58 on: August 07, 2019, 07:02:02 am »
    Can the story be changed to a straight romance without having to do much rewriting?
    I'm sorry, but no. You'd have to rewrite the whole thing in that case.

Offline AlxW

• View Profile
    « Reply #59 on: August 09, 2019, 03:15:44 am »
    That's okay. Any longer straight romance available?

Online Max N.

• View Profile
    « Reply #60 on: August 13, 2019, 02:41:25 am »
    I'm afraid currently no straight romance, but I'm working on one around 40k so maybe the end of the month. The gay book is sold. Other manuscripts still available.

Online Max N.

• View Profile
    « Reply #61 on: August 20, 2019, 05:12:30 am »
    sci-fi and fantasy manuscripts are available. A short 12k romance is also available. I'm currently working on three different romance stories, I might put one up for sale, so check back in a week if you're interested in romance. Please pm me if interested.

Online Max N.

• View Profile
    « Reply #62 on: August 31, 2019, 02:28:13 pm »
    Manuscripts available. If interested please message me.

Offline JosephineM

• View Profile
    « Reply #63 on: September 03, 2019, 04:18:27 am »
    Now I'm kind of curious, what would you do if you couldn't sell a book after a while? Give an even lower discount? Would you be willing to look for a partner to help with publishing costs? I'm interested for the future.

Online Max N.

• View Profile
    « Reply #64 on: September 05, 2019, 07:29:16 am »
    Now I'm kind of curious, what would you do if you couldn't sell a book after a while? Give an even lower discount? Would you be willing to look for a partner to help with publishing costs? I'm interested for the future.

Whether I would go for a collaboration depends on a lot of factors, but it's simpler if I just sell. If a manuscript won't sell at all, I might rewrite or edit it and publish it myself after I'm finished with my current projects. I still have manuscripts available, and I'm offering more discounts.

55k sci-fi at a discount for $100, 39k sci-fi (part 1 of book) on discount for $80. I'm still working on part 2 of that, but it's the same length and price. 14k sci-fi for $40. I also have some romance, one 13k and one 12k, going for $40 each. One fantasy at 90k words and up, going for $250, with half the cost to be paid upfront while I finish proofreading the book, and the remainder after I'm finished. The proofreading is on hold since I'm busy, but if anyone would be interested in it I could make time. Only the first few chapters are proofread.

I have one 10k word gay romance story. It's isn't edited, I did have someone read and critique the story, but it's only a self-edit. I planned on rewriting it into a full novel but I don't have the time at the moment. It's going for $80.

I also have some horror short stories, with romantic elements, but I don't know if they're very scary. One is 14k words, a ghost story that could pass for paranormal instead of horror, one at 8k words that's more psychological, and one at 5k with horror, psychological and crime elements. If you're interested, short descriptions are available. The 14k is $50, the 8k is $30, the 5k is $25. I actually have several horror shorts around 5-15k words I planned to put in a collection after proofreading, but I might make them longer books instead later on. If anyone is interested in horror, let me know, I'll work on those next after my current romance projects.

Offline AlxW

• View Profile
    « Reply #65 on: September 06, 2019, 01:57:38 am »
    Can I get more info on the horror shorts?  How many, are they complete, what length, description etc.

Online Max N.

• View Profile
    « Reply #66 on: September 08, 2019, 02:17:38 am »
    Can I get more info on the horror shorts?  How many, are they complete, what length, description etc.

For a longer, detailed description please pm me. For anyone interested, I also have a 5k word regency romance and a short alien romance that I'm still going through but is around 15k words right now.

Online wearywanderer64

• Spain
    • I wander lonely as a cloud
      • View Profile
      • Scribbling Tales
    « Reply #67 on: September 08, 2019, 05:26:03 am »
    I'm curious to know how this works. I mean, does the buyer acknowledge you wrote it? I've heard famous novelists use ghost writers and just apply their name to the book cover.

A.T. Mahon | Scribbling Tales

Online Max N.

• View Profile
    « Reply #68 on: September 09, 2019, 01:26:22 am »
    I'm not famous by any means. I don't need acknowledgement from the buyer as long as they purchase a story from me. I put all documents associated with a sold book in a separate file, since they're no longer mine to use. Some buyers will opt for a contract but even without one I wouldn't use the stories anymore.

Offline CloudStrife

• View Profile
    « Reply #69 on: September 09, 2019, 01:33:33 am »
    I bid a cool 1 Million for all your past, present, and future works. Of course, this is in Iranian Rials.

Online Max N.

• View Profile
    « Reply #70 on: September 14, 2019, 07:28:12 am »
    Manuscripts are available, if interested, please message me.

Online Max N.

• View Profile
    « Reply #71 on: September 22, 2019, 02:07:33 am »
    Manuscripts available. Find them mentioned in previous posts, also an alien romance at 15k words. Scenes can be added to the book since the main characters are taking a trip across the world to help the alien hero find a way back to his planet, but he stays in the end. Its $60.

Online Max N.

• View Profile
    « Reply #72 on: October 04, 2019, 08:01:01 am »
    Manuscripts are available.

Online Max N.

• View Profile
    « Reply #73 on: October 15, 2019, 09:15:39 am »
    Hi everyone, I hope you're all having a great October. The updated list of the current works on sale:

14k sci-fi @ $30

12k and 13k romance, both going for $30.
    5k romance @ $15

10k gay romance @ $40

Horror shorts:
    [email protected]$40 (Ghosts)
    [email protected]$20 (Psychological)
    [email protected]$15 (Criminal)

I fell sick sometime last month, I had constant migraines and I'm still not completely well today so I've slowed down a bit on my own projects. I have a couple of romances (30-50k) that I'm slowly finishing up on. I might put these up for sale sometime this or next month and slow down on personal writing until next year to focus on ghostwriting.

Online Max N.

• View Profile
    « Reply #74 on: November 06, 2019, 05:41:58 am »
    Hi, everyone. Manuscripts in the previous post are all still available.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement