Author Topic: 25 Random Things About You  (Read 492765 times)  

Offline Dori

• Indiana
  • Dori is #10 x 10
    • View Profile
Re: 25 Random Things About You
« Reply #150 on: February 06, 2009, 07:02:46 pm »
25 things huh?  I haven't seen this on facebook but I better save this in case i get tagged.

1.  I was born in 1932
2.  In Chicago
3.  Only met my bio father once at about age 35
4.  One Sister, never lived with 7 years older than me
5.  One half brother 11 years younger than me and was raised with him
6.  Petpetually single by choice.  Numerous suitors and offers but not
     inclined to make the leap
7.  Born Chinese year of the monkey, is anyone surprised?
8.  Was kidnapped at the age of 5 but was returned rather quickly (was I
      really that bad.)
9.  I was extremely shy until one employer sent me to Dale Carnegie   
     Course  and I haven't shut up since
10. I loved Monopoly as a kid and always wanted to be a banker.  Most of
     my adult life I have been a banker.  Now I play Monopoly on Pogo.
11. I saw my first computer at age 60.
12. I took one computer course and was soon the person at the bank that   
     folks called for help with their computer problems
13. I have designed a few websites using HTML code and had no software
      program.
14.  I have taught a lot of seniors computer techniques, and have a new
      student beginning as soon as the weather here clears
15. My bro has 3 children that all live fairly near me and they and their
      families are what keeps me going, and going, and going
16.  I baby sit a lot for my 8 year old great nephew.  He actually is
      baby sitting me.
17.  I was a presbyterian for most of my adult life holding all officer
      positions in my church,  my city, and several on the Presbytery level.
18. I am now a Missouri Synod Lutheran and a volunteer at our Lutheran
      School where my gr8 nephew attends
19.  I am the past financial director and current vice-president
      of Thrivent Financial for Lutherans in my county, and treasurer of the
      neighborhood association.
20.  I have travelled to England, Scotland, France, Carribean Islands, Mexico
       Chichen Itza Pyramids, and many of the Lower 48.
21.  My roommate is a 26 pound miniature schnauzer.  My fourth dog
       and my 4th schnauzer.
22.   I usually name my vehicles, but the current 98 is so old that I forget
       what I named it.  Will just go with Toy
23.  I love puzzles, sudoku, crossword, jigsaw and do most of these on
       online nowadays.
24.  My internet connection is turned off maybe 10 minutes per week.
       (my internet sweetie paid for 1/2 of my computer)
25.  I watch tv very rarely, probably less than 10 minutes per week. I spend
       my time blessing my home. I like a totally decluttered shiny dust free look.

Bonus:  I have many different antique collections, currently I only collect
      dust and am gradually giving the excesses to my neice and nephews.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 07:07:32 pm by Dori »

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline MCJames

• View Profile
    « Reply #151 on: February 06, 2009, 07:23:05 pm »
    Okay, 25 things:

1. I drive a 2003 Mini Cooper S, British Racing Green.  Absolutely love it!
    2. I'm a graduate of The Ohio State University.  Go Bucks!
    3. I'm the proud wife of a U.S. Marine. Semper Fi!
    4. I have two adorable sons, ages three and one.  The three's are much worse than the two's!
    5. We have an English Mastiff, 8 months old and 100 lbs.  His name is Brutus (see number two)!
    6. My 11th great-grandparents came over on the Mayflower, John Alden and Priscilla Mullins.
    7. I'm addicted to reading a message board for people with an device that I have on order but haven't received yet.  ::)
    8. I want to learn to speak Spanish.  I took four years of it in high school, but I don't remember very much.
    9. If I could have any occupation in the world, I'd be a primatolgist.  The problem is that I don't like bugs, humidity, or going without showers!
    10. I think I'm a pretty boring person, and making this list has made me realize that I was correct!
    11. In high school I played volleyball for a few years, before I got cut.  I threw the discus and shot put on our track team.  I wasn't any good, but there weren't very many of us, so I still got a varsity letter ;D
    12. I like to rubberstamp and make greeting cards, but all my stuff has been packed away for over a year to make room for my one year old.
    13. My parents took me to see Phantom of the Opera when it played in Cleveland.  I cried at the beginning when the chandelier lit up and rose from the stage. I was just excited to be there!
    14. I visited Moab, Utah, this past October for my husband's Jeep club event.  The national parks there are absolutely beautiful.  Too much in the middle of no where for me, so I wouldn't want to live there, but would love to go back to visit.
    15. I'm the saver in the family, and my husband is the spender.  Must be the accounting degree that helps me pinch those pennies!
    16. Though I don't enjoy talking about politics, I am willing to concede that the guy I voted for won!
    17. I played the trumpet, frumpet and French horn in high school band.  I took piano lessons when I was younger.  I wish I hadn't stopped.
    18. I also took ballet lessons when I was in elementary school.  I really wish I hadn't stopped this either.  I was one year away from toe shoes!
    19. I don't like blood or needles.  I passed out a few times when they drew blood during my pregnancies.
    20. My husband and I are high school sweethearts.  :-*
    21. I turned 30 last month, which I hear is the new 20.  I guess that's good, because when I was 20 I was too busy going to school and working to put myself through school to have any fun.  But now that I'm 30, but actually 20, I have two young children and work full-time to help pay the bills, so I still don't have time to have fun!  :-\
    22. I think about getting a tattoo sometimes, but then I remember number 19.
    23. I have a younger brother that lives about 45 minutes away from me, but I see him just as much as my parents do, and they live 12 hours away!
    24. Apparently, I snore.  At my husband's request, I use nose strips and they seem to help because he says he doesn't hear me any more.
    25. I'm a converted Steeler's fan.  I was a Brown's fan up until they left Cleveland.  With no one to cheer for, I started watching the Steelers with my husband and his family, and now I'm a proud member of Steeler Nation!

That was just as hard as I thought it was going to be!

« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 07:26:54 pm by MCJames »

Offline B-Kay 1325

• Tucson, Az
      • View Profile
    « Reply #152 on: February 06, 2009, 07:44:26 pm »
    Ok I have been dinged!!  I think this will be fun :)

1.  I was born at 12:00 noon on Christmas Day in St. Louis, Mo., we have a traditional christmas morning and then celebrate my birthday at noon (yes I do get birthday gifts and usually not combined).  However, I only remember 1 birthday party growing up and I was about 5 years old I think.

2.  I am #3 of 7 kids.  Two older sisters, three younger brothers and another sister, all living except the youngest who died just prior to her 19th birthday after battling Lymphoma for 5 years.  All of us were born in St. Louis except the two youngest, my parents moved to Tucson, AZ when Dad got a job at Hughes Aircraft Co., we have lived here ever since.

3.  When I was a baby I won a beauty contest, (go figure) my parents received professional photos as the prize, one B/W and 1 colorized.

4.  I started singing at a very young age and was always in the school chorus and church choirs.  Can't sing for beans now.

5.  I took accordion lessons as a child and still have my accordion if I play now it is mostly play by ear .  My grandchildren like for me to play for them but I'm not very confident about playing in front of others even them.

6.  I met my husband in chorus class when we were freshman in high school we went "steady" for about a month and then broke up.  My parents wouldn't let me date until I turned 16, we were Juniors in high school, I was invited to a New Years Eve party and could bring a date so asked my future husband if he would like to go with me and the rest is history.  We never dated anyone else and were married before he went to Vietnam.  Tragically I lost him last year in February after his battle of 3 years with cancer, we were married for 37 years.  Last year was not a good year as I also lost my mom in June.

7.  I wasn't able to attend a University but graduated from Business College and have spent my working career in various offices.  I worked for a Title company for 13 years before moving to a Law Firm to supervise their Trustee's Sales department, I was there for 3 years and then worked for Sears Telecatalog for 3 years and am now working at an Aerial Surveying and Mapping Company and will celebrate 16 years with this company on the 17th of this month, I love my job. 

8.  I have known my best girl friend since we were in 5th grade, we have shared just about everything together.

9.  My husband was stationed at Ft. Bragg in North Carolina and we spent 16 months there.  While there we traveled to Washington DC twice and loved site seeing throughout the area.  We decided that it was a great place to visit but didn't want to live there.  We live in the desert and it was way too humid in N.C.

10.  I have two beautiful daughters, Dawn the oldest is 33 and Mary the youngest is 28.  Between them they have given me 5 beautiful grandchildren, 4 girls and 1 boy.  Taylor the oldest is 11, Leah 9 and their brother Jonathan 7 are Dawn's kids and Mary's kids are Mina just turned 11 and her sister Encina is 6.  Mary named Mina after a charactor in Bram Stoker's Dracula story and I'm not sure just where she found Encina's name.  Both are beautiful.

11.  Early on we decided that we would have no more children after reaching 30 years old because we didn't want to be raising teenagers when we were 50.  Ironically when our Dawn was a junior in high school she joined the marching band as a color guard member and we became parent volunteers (I was band booster president for 3 years).  Mary played flute and in her sophomore year became the band drum major for the next 3 years.  That was 6 years and we loved it so much we volunteered for a total of 13 years until husband became sick and we had to stop.  We probably would still be there if things had been different.

12.  One of my most favorite things to do is attend Marching Band Competitions, at times it seems that I live for the marching season and can hardly wait for the next weekend and competition.  In August of 2007 my husband and I took a trip to Pasadena for the DCI National Band Competition and were able to attend the Semifinals and Finals.  It was great!!  Don't know if I will ever get to attend again since they have committed to Indianapolis for the next 13-14 years.

13.  The first book I remember reading was Sleeping Beauty, my parents gave me the book when I was sick at home with the Chicken Pox in about 2ND grade.  I loved it and named my oldest daughter Dawn because of this book.

14.  I had a library card as a child for as long as I can remember and used to go regularly to the library as often as possible, would check out the limit of books allowed.  I read all the Nancy Drew,  Little House on the Prairie books I could get my hands on.  (Have read all of them)  I also enjoyed Black Beauty, Little Women and too many others to list, once I started to read I didn't pay attention to anything else, Mom has told me that she would call me to do something for her and I never heard her if I was reading.

15.  My favorite place to visit is Disneyland.  I have been there every year since 2004.  The best time to visit is between Halloween and New Years, the place is decked out for the Holidays and is beautiful.

16.  I have little dog (chihuahua and terrier mix) looks like a Corgi and stands about 16 inches tall.  Murphy has "little/big dog syndrome".  Even if he is the smallest dog in the joint he will challenge the biggest/toughest dog, this has created some interesting moments in obedience class.  During his first class we spent more time in "time out" in the hallway than in class, he now is in intermediate class and as long as the other dogs are laid back, he can control his attitude during sessions.

17.  I didn't expect this to be as hard as it has proven to be.  I feel like I'm running out of things to say.

18.  I have enjoyed reading the KindleBoards and think that you people are extremely funny.  You start a thread about the simplest things and the next thing you know there are 5/6+/- pages with every angle you can think of.  Sometimes I get lost trying to keep up with the original thought or spend more time laughing than reading.  I love the easy banter between some of you, I don't have the quickness of thought to respond to a statement before 4/5 others have said or expressed the same thing I wanted to say.

19.  I love to watch home improvement programs on TV, however, I have done very little of it myself.  My husband and I had our kitchen remodeled about 2 years ago but I didn't have it finished until November 2008.

20.  I don't drink alcohol (can't stand the taste of it) however I do enjoy a Margarita about once a year.  I have never smoked anything and don't see any reason to start now, the smell turns my stomach.

21.  Love to cook but don't have anyone to cook for on a daily basis so not as much fun now as it used to be.

22.  I received my Kindle the end of October (yes I utilized Oprah's discount & the next day delivery and received it on time).  Love, love, love it.  WhisperNet is the best, I don't have any problem holding it and changing pages is effortless, I find that I don't even think of it so it doesn't feel any different from reading a DTB.

23.  I have always read historical romance novels and since I received my kindle I have developed my interest in Dragon books.  I also have several authors I follow and have been trying to download their books but find it frustrating that if you want to read a series of books there is often times only one or two books in Kindle edition and there is one or two that are not.  I have been requesting them in Kindle edition but I don't like to wait for the book.

24.  I have always had a love for music and listen to just about every genre there is from rap to opera, however, I will not listen to filthy rap, no excuse for it.

25.  My biggest dream is to travel someday.  There is so much of this country that I haven't seen and would like to that I really have little desire to travel outside of the U.S.

This exercise has been enlightening and cathartic, thank you for the opportunity to share.  Hope I wasn't too windy.

Offline Beaglemomma

• View Profile
    « Reply #153 on: February 06, 2009, 08:49:35 pm »
    1. I work with dogs.
    2. I'm a coffee addict. I'm not coherent until I have my first cup of coffee.
    3. I love to read SciFi.
    4. I have a Beagle and a Coonhound.
    5. I love puzzles: jigsaw, crosswords, sudoku, paint by numbers, etc.
    6. I love chocolate.
    7. I met my dh at college. I have a ba.
    8. I like to knit. In particular Norwegian types of sweaters.
    9. I'm very short. I've been known to scale shelves in the grocery store.  :P
    10. I like to walk home from work when the weather is nice.
    11. I like a variety of foods, Mexican, Chinese, Italian, etc.
    12. I grew up on a farm.
    13. I would eventually like to get enough land to have a horse, and maybe some goats.
    14. I have one son who towers over me.
    15. I'm allergic to cats, otherwise I would have at least 2.
    16. I like both Star Wars and Star Trek (don't feel a need to choose between the two, I've been on some boars lie that).
    17. I don't like liver. As a kid I would sneak it to the cat.
    18. My first dog was a Keeshond. 
    19. I like to go to the beach.
    20. My 1st job was a paper route.
    21. I don't like office politics, that's why I love working with dogs.
    22. My favorite ice cream is plain old Vanilla.
    23. I have 2 siblings.
    24. I like to bake, especially cakes.
    25. I enjoy my kindle and the warm welcome that I've received from this board.

Offline Gertie Kindle

• View Profile
    « Reply #154 on: February 07, 2009, 06:12:29 am »
    12.  One of my most favorite things to do is attend Marching Band Competitions, at times it seems that I live for the marching season and can hardly wait for the next weekend and competition.  In August of 2007 my husband and I took a trip to Pasadena for the DCI National Band Competition and were able to attend the Semifinals and Finals.  It was great!!  Don't know if I will ever get to attend again since they have committed to Indianapolis for the next 13-14 years.

It was Drum Corps for me.  I followed The Cadets way back when they were the Garfield Cadets.  It seems like they have always been champions.  My Dad and I used to travel around N.J. in the summer for the competitions. 

I miss watching DCI on PBS.  They used to broadcast it on Thanksgiving, but they don't anymore, and I can never seem to find it.  Once in a while I'll find something on youtube, but the camera work has gotten shoddy and the sound is awful.  Maybe it's just youtube. 

Offline Anju No. 469

• Lakeside, Mexico
      • View Profile
    « Reply #155 on: February 07, 2009, 06:23:20 am »
    MCJAMES - your life is definitely NOT boring!  Loved reading  about you  ;D
    Dona
    on the shores of Lake Chapala, Mexico

Vampyre

« Reply #156 on: February 07, 2009, 09:45:50 am »
    MCJAMES - your life is definitely NOT boring!  Loved reading  about you  ;D

Then again, she enjoys reading the directions on Kraft Macaroni and Cheese boxes!

Just kidding, some of that witty (witless?)banter I saw mentioned up there.

Offline Neversleepsawink;)

• California
      • View Profile
    « Reply #157 on: February 07, 2009, 10:02:33 am »
    ;D Well, sorta! Darling Hubby has one! And he'd give it to me till we got another!

ccs122300, I also love Pogo.com. I do my weekly challenges (on games I like - spit-tooey on that checkers one this week!) and work on my rank badges.

Ha Ha, me too....I made my husband win my Checkers badge....LOL!!!

Offline drenee

• West Virginia
    • Member 527
      • View Profile
    « Reply #158 on: February 07, 2009, 10:07:27 am »

11.  Early on we decided that we would have no more children after reaching 30 years old because we didn't want to be raising teenagers when we were 50.  Ironically when our Dawn was a junior in high school she joined the marching band as a color guard member and we became parent volunteers (I was band booster president for 3 years).  Mary played flute and in her sophomore year became the band drum major for the next 3 years.  That was 6 years and we loved it so much we volunteered for a total of 13 years until husband became sick and we had to stop.  We probably would still be there if things had been different.
    I too loved working with my kids high school band.  I started band when I was in high school (flute) and had to give it up because of my sister's constant hospitalizations.  So when the opportunity opened up for my then husband and I to become parent chaparones, I jumped on it.  My way of being in the band without having to march.  Those were the most rewarding years.  We got to do a total of 7 years, with an amazing amount of trips.  Disney World 3 or 4 times, Disney Land once, The Rose Bowl Parade, an inaugural parade, Toronto, Canada, and the list goes on and on.  Although my favorite time of year was band camp.  I loved band camp.   
    Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life.

WwF  DRA60
    Miss you, Dona, Jeff and Harvey.

Offline KindleKay (aka #1652)

• AR
    • http://www.KindleKay.wordpress.com
      • View Profile
      • The World Through My Eyes.... Blog
    « Reply #159 on: February 07, 2009, 10:46:09 am »
    Hehehehe....

"This one time?  At band camp?"

eBay Kindle 1 Auction Won 1.29.09
    Shipped from seller 1.30.09
    K1 Delivered  2.2.09
    K2 Ordered 7.12.09 
    K1 Sold 7.13.09
    K2 Delivered 7.14.09
    The Best Kindle 1 Watch Story EVER- MINE!
    My Goodreads account, be my friend!

Offline Monica

• Maine
      • View Profile
    « Reply #160 on: February 07, 2009, 11:47:01 am »
    1. Both of my parents are deaf therefore I grew up with sign language as the primary language in the household.
    2. I only started eating red meat when I was pregnant with my son.  It was one of those cravings!
    3. I moved to Sarasota Florida after graduating high school - Moved back home to Maine after a year and a half
    4. My first job was a retail associate at Olympia sports.
    5. I have a 4 year old son named Ayden.
    6. I work in the same office as my 2 sister in law's, my husbands aunt and my mother in law is my boss  ::)
    7. My favorite movie is "The Goonies"
    8. My grandmother and I love to go and play slots - My grandfather watches Ayden in the hotel room ;D
    9. My husband is 4 years younger than I am.
    10. My favorite park I have been to is Sea World
    11. I started a quilt when I was 14 and finally finished it 10 years later.
    12. I have a dog named Ruby and a cat named George
    13. Favorite TV show is "Ghost Hunters"
    14. I went to my first concert with my dad and we saw Aerosmith
    15. Last concert I went to was Elton John - now can die a happy girl!
    16. I am 28 and have never had a drivers license. 
    17. I have always wanted to travel to Italy and Greece
    18. I have a major fear of spiders - no matter how big or small
    19. I love to go white water rafting
    20. I hate the snow but go figure - I live in Maine!
    21. I just bought my first house in May
    22. I have an older sister
    23. I was in labor with my son from Thursday morning until Saturday at 5am - hence the reason he is currently and only child  ;)
    24. I was kicked out of Spanish class in high school because my teacher told me I could NEVER learn another language - I showed him a few words in sign  :P
    25. My sister broke my elbow when I was 6 - she sat on me.
    Currently Reading: the Anita Blake series by Laurell Hamilton
    Anxiously Awaiting: Black Magic Sanction by Kim Harrison!

Offline julietw

• Ohio
    • Author of historical novels
      • View Profile
      • Mozart's Wife
    « Reply #161 on: February 07, 2009, 12:51:13 pm »
    1. My grandpa was Professor of Literature at Antioch College from 1927 --
    2. As a girl, my mother had horses--but I never did  :(
    3. I lived in Cornwall, England long ago
    4. And later lived in Barbados, W.I. where I finished high school
    5. I had a lovely orange cat named Alexander Hamilton
    6. The last concert I saw was The Eagles--courtsey of my best bud, who sprang for tickets
    7.  I like snow
    8.  The last opera I saw was Dr. Atomic by John Adams
    9.  I just fell in love with the old TV series "Due South." Thank heaven for netflix.
    10. I have a cat lying on my arms right now as I type--difficult
    11.  One of my cats eats squirrels head first (argh--so Wild Kingdom!)
    12. My kids live in Atlanta
    13. As do my grandkids
    14. I write poetry
    15. My oldest son used to lift weights--now he writes code
    16. I'm a tent camper when I go.
    17. Mozart got me fired once
    18. My toes are orange and that's since Halloween...
    19. I love VW's
    20. Flying Canada geese make me run out side to see them, even tho they are no longer rare.
    21. I watch the Groundhog Day ceremonies in Punxutawney every year
    22. I'm a fan of rust belt football teams no matter what
    23. Fan of cycling at Trexlertown, PA
    24. My granddaughter Abby was a candy cane in the Xmas show
    25. my husband is making building F-15 models

Offline Sariy

• 9th Level of H...Montgomery
    • You had me at Goodbye, Daddy
      • View Profile
    « Reply #162 on: February 07, 2009, 01:24:58 pm »
    you can't put "18. My toes are orange and that's since Halloween..." in your 25 things and not explain how you still have orange toes!

Offline Bacardi Jim

• View Profile
    « Reply #163 on: February 07, 2009, 02:15:04 pm »
    you can't put "18. My toes are orange and that's since Halloween..." in your 25 things and not explain how you still have orange toes!
    It's called gangrene and it isn't polite to point out.  >:(
    At first Ford had formed a theory to account for this strange behavior. If human beings don't keep exercising their lips, he thought, their mouths probably seize up.
    After a few months' consideration and observation he abandoned this theory in favor of a new one. If they don't keep on exercising their lips, he thought, their brains start working.

Offline Gertie Kindle

• View Profile
    « Reply #164 on: February 07, 2009, 02:16:20 pm »
    23. I was in labor with my son from Thursday morning until Saturday at 5am - hence the reason he is currently and only child  ;)

Went into labor very early Thursday morning; went into work to do payroll otherwise nobody would have gotten their checks that week (most importantly, me).  My daughter was born Saturday at 6:35am.  And that's why there are five years between my children.

I feel your pain.   :D

Offline Leslie

• Member 24!
    • Global Moderator
    • Maine, USA
    • Kindle Paperwhite for Dummies available now!
      • View Profile
      • Maine Desk
    « Reply #165 on: February 07, 2009, 04:01:12 pm »
    It's called gangrene and it isn't polite to point out.  >:(

Gangrene is black.

I think she had a Halloween pedicure and still has the orange polish. That's my guess!

L

Leslie Nicoll

Vampyre

« Reply #166 on: February 07, 2009, 04:24:56 pm »
    11.  One of my cats eats squirrels head first (argh--so Wild Kingdom

My Fuzzy cat does that too.  Head first(they all do that actually) and all the fur too.   nothing is left, no waste.

Offline Jessrof

• View Profile
    « Reply #167 on: February 07, 2009, 06:12:58 pm »

1. My favorite color is green. But oddly most things I own are pink.
    2. Im deathly afraid of the dentist. The last time I went I let him take 1 wisdom tooth out, but not the other.
    3. I love tyedye. I should have been born way before my time.
    4. I find school rewarding, but in a masochistic kinda way. The more it makes me bang my head on the desk, the better.
    5. Anything bloody, oozey, or [kitten] (purulent for all you med students) is the best thing in the world to me.
    6. I hate wearing my hair down. It itches and gets in the way of more important things.
    7. I can't let certain foods touch.... like I eat my spaghetti noodles and sauce seperate.
    8. Country is my all time fave cause I think I can sing! haha but I can tolerate and enjoy anything in a given mood.
    9. I have never had a surgery besides the pulling of teeth.
    10. I have a scar on my foot that required 13 stitches. Some skinny girl dropped a clothing rack on it... I bled all over the place and was a retard and just stared at it haha. I was 16....
    11. I shaved my head in high school
    12. I like to hurt my ankles when inebriated. Apparently I a clutzy drunk.
    13. I danced in high school. I had a chance to go to Governor's School but turned it down for a boy (BOO!)
    14. I was a drama geek in high school.
    15. I still have my first car (the purple people eater: its a purple honda civic) but wish it was a Jeep instead.
    16. I plan everything around my dogs. They are my life and I would die without them.
    17. I secretly fear of being Vet School. Im worried I won't be smart enough, or that I will have bad relationships with my teachers and peers. I kinda have OCD about my grades, so Im worried my first B will kill me.
    18. Chuck and I married after only dating for 1 year and 1 month.... Love at first sight! But we didnt tell our parents until after we were married for 2 years ish.
    19. I love old school video games. If any game has Yoshi in it, I have to be him.
    20. I spent 19 straight hours on a couch playing Paper Mario on the wii, and neglected all other duties.
    21. I reread good books, and rewatch awesome movies.
    22. I love terrible tv... like fullhouse, 7th heaven, the Secret Life of the American teenager. Anything with corny morals!
    23. I ran away when I was 16 with my first "love". We made it all the way to Colorado. That was stupid.
    24. I could eat sushi at EVERY meal.
    25. I dont drink caffeine every day... only on occ.
    I read to keep my ADHD in check!!! Who needs Medications.... get a Kindle :)

Offline Aki

• View Profile
    « Reply #168 on: February 07, 2009, 06:46:08 pm »
    1 ; I have been outside my home country, the United States once. But I went...to no other country. I went whale watching out at sea.

2 ; I read three books at one time; and I am unsure of how the Kindle will work that out with me. By at time I mean all three are open at once.

3 ; People get annoyed easily when they are near me in real life. I have a mechanical valve. >_>.

4 ; I am an administator with AboutUs.org

5 ; If I feel a new site has potential I will purchase a domain name for them and keep paying for it even though if I leave and they remain active and I ask for no credit back.

6 ; I hate amusement parks.

7 ; I love to travel...as long as there is internet.

8 ; I am in love with SciFi with things such as Andromeda, Firefly, Stargate, Sanctuary.

9 ; I wrote a few short stories for my classes back in high school, to this day my teachers want me to write a novel based around the worlds my short stories were in.

10 ; I have a great skill in manipulation in writing. I can take the smallest detail and make it mean the entire world and rip it apart, emotionally.

11 ; I am nineteen years of age. Twenty in May.

12 ; I have two siblings that are nineteen. They are twins. I am not a twin.

13 ; My dad's family tree is traced to c1650 inside the United States.

14 ; My mom's family tree has been traced town to roughly 1066 to Switzerland.

15 ; I am a decendent of Jessie and Earl Clark; widely known Four Square ministers. No you cannot have a copy of their bibles.

16 ; I am the only atheist in my family.

17 ; I am supposed to be dead.

18 ; With 17; I was supposed to die within my first week of life.

19 ; With 18; I am 7202 days old and still alive.

20 ; The one remaining health condition I have is still uncurable, but has been slowed with a mechanical vavle.

21 ; I want to get a Kindle.

22 ; I have very messy handwriting. Only five people I have ever known can read it, three good friends, two teachers.

23 ; Teachers made me type my homework and notes and anything and sometimes tests due to my messy handwriting.

24 ; I can type faster then I can write.

25 ; I speak random French and complex English words at time without knowing it.

Offline B-Kay 1325

• Tucson, Az
      • View Profile
    « Reply #169 on: February 07, 2009, 07:46:28 pm »
    GertieKindle,

I love Drum Corp!  You can find out all about their activities through their website dci.org.  They have a newsletter your can sign up for to keep up to date with everything.  We have a corps here in Arizona "The Academy" that is terrific.

As for H.S. marching band and band in general that was one of the most fulfilling experiences (outside of family) of my life.  I actually had withdrawals after the seasons were over.  In the 13 years we were involved I never missed a band trip for anything that they did, games, concerts, competitions etc.  My oldest granddaughter also enjoys going to marching competitions and has ambitions to be in the colorguard like her mother.

Offline sjc

• (Member 153)
      • View Profile
    « Reply #170 on: February 07, 2009, 08:37:19 pm »
    MCJames: 
    10. I think I'm a pretty boring person, and making this list has made me realize that I was correct!
    If that's the case, then everyone must have skipped over mine; all I could talk (type) about was family and being Itallian--dumb ones at that!!  Talk about B-O-R-I-N-G

B-KAY:  I'm so sorry for your losses :(  I bet most people wish they could enjoy 37 years like you did.  I too, met my husband at barely 16 and I'm 46 a month from tomorrow.  Our marriage has outlasted everyone of his brothers and his sister...and they were making nasty bets on the church steps while the rice was still being thrown.  Guess I showed them.  4 for 5 ding ding for me.
    Fight the Battle-Win the War

Vampyre

« Reply #171 on: February 08, 2009, 05:26:27 am »
    Our marriage has outlasted everyone of his brothers and his sister...and they were making nasty bets on the church steps while the rice was still being thrown. 

That sounds a bit tacky to me.  Maybe I'm wrong.

Online Ann in Arlington

• Global Moderator
    • Not a moderator and haven't ben one for a year.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #172 on: February 08, 2009, 05:50:06 am »
    No, you're right Vamp.  Taking bets at the church about whether the marriage will last is Definitely Tacky.

Ann
    My Kindles
    Hermoine's Handbag (Voyage)
    Ed's (Voyage Refurb)
    Bedtime Reading (Oasis 9)
    Godric's Hollow (Basic 7)
    My Tardis (PW 10)

Vampyre

« Reply #173 on: February 08, 2009, 06:05:55 am »
    I thought so.  i've only been to two weddings in my life so I wasn't sure.   I've been to a lot more funerals.

Offline drenee

• West Virginia
    • Member 527
      • View Profile
    « Reply #174 on: February 08, 2009, 06:16:22 am »
    17. Mozart got me fired once
    I'd like to hear this story.
    Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life.

WwF  DRA60
    Miss you, Dona, Jeff and Harvey.

KBoards.com

• Advertisement