Author Topic: KDP sent me this message about print royalties... 1/26 - update  (Read 3092 times)  

Offline RyanAndrewKinder

• View Profile
KDP sent me this message about print royalties... 1/26 - update
« on: January 09, 2019, 08:52:55 am »
Got it about an hour ago:

Hello,

We want to let you know there was a delay in reporting some of your royalties for paperback books sold in November and December of 2018. We're working to add these royalties to your reports as quickly as possible and will be in touch with additional details, including the title(s) affected, once weve made the adjustments.

We apologize for the inconvenience this causes.

Best Regards,
The Kindle Direct Publishing Team

So some of you may want to check your email.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 07:35:44 am by RyanAndrewKinder »

KBoards.com

• Advertisement

Offline MajesticMonkey

• View Profile
    Re: KDP sent me this message about print royalties...
    « Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 05:41:58 pm »
    Interesting. Guess you're one of the few based on the number of responses so far.

Offline celadon

• Dogpatch
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 11:31:49 pm »
    I got the same email a few days ago. Today, my KDP dashboard (well, Book Report) showed this:

So, yeah. My sales finally came in.  ;D

Offline David VanDyke

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: January 12, 2019, 08:15:36 am »
    I had about a week's worth of paperback sales show up today.

Offline RyanAndrewKinder

• View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: January 12, 2019, 09:27:08 am »
    I got the same email a few days ago. Today, my KDP dashboard (well, Book Report) showed this:

So, yeah. My sales finally came in.  ;D

I mentioned this elsewhere but this is what my paperback dashboard looks like:

Wild that they put the adjustments on a singular day now because it: doesnt help with tracking when sales were best during christmas, kind of cripples easy tracking visually for the month, means that they wont be paying us until the end of February for sales made in November.  Im glad I am not dependent on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline 7697881f9f93cc7028b5db1a8e15c699

• 7697881f9f93cc7028b5db1a8e15c699
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: January 12, 2019, 09:50:16 am »
    I have been going back and forth with KDP support for many book linking problems. (Series not linked, paperback/ebook not linked.) From my perspective, it seems like they have had some kind of data migration issues. KDP support has been very helpful, though.

Offline RyanAndrewKinder

• View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: January 12, 2019, 10:07:14 am »
    I have been going back and forth with KDP support for many book linking problems. (Series not linked, paperback/ebook not linked.) From my perspective, it seems like they have had some kind of data migration issues. KDP support has been very helpful, though.

That is my thinking as well. Pains from eliminating and absorbing CreateSpace have caused them unforeseen issues. I trust Amazon KDP enough to sort through the issues but I feel for anyone who was deeply affected by the issues and will still need to wait a full month and a half to be paid for sales from November and December.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline celadon

• Dogpatch
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: January 12, 2019, 03:59:10 pm »
    That is my thinking as well. Pains from eliminating and absorbing CreateSpace have caused them unforeseen issues. I trust Amazon KDP enough to sort through the issues but I feel for anyone who was deeply affected by the issues and will still need to wait a full month and a half to be paid for sales from November and December.

My CreateSpace income really helps every month, though it is not my sole income. I know someone else here was in a real financial bind because it looked like the CS payment for December (November's earnings--at least the ones that posted on the dashboard in November) weren't going to be paid out until ... whenever? (Because of the migration to KDP in early December, we didn't know what would become of November's payment--would it pay out at the end of December, like it would have with CS, or pay out in January, like it would with KDP?) We didn't even know when the "forced migration" would happen, so how to prepare financially for any of it?

Anyway, the November CS payment did come in December, and fortunately for me, that payment was double what it usually is for CS, so that helped me prepare. At the end of this month, I have a Christmas-boosted payment coming from one of my other income streams, which will compensate for not getting my December KDP/CS payment until the end of Feb.

It really sucks for people who have only CS as their income. And there was no transparency as to when the big transition was coming--just that it was "soon."

Offline PublisherP

• View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: January 14, 2019, 12:57:53 pm »
    Got it about an hour ago:

Hello,

We want to let you know there was a delay in reporting some of your royalties for paperback books sold in November and December of 2018. We're working to add these royalties to your reports as quickly as possible and will be in touch with additional details, including the title(s) affected, once weve made the adjustments.

We apologize for the inconvenience this causes.

Best Regards,

So some of you may want to check your email.

At the end of their message, it says that they will contact us with more information after they have credited our account with the missing royalties.

I'm just wondering if you have been contacted by them since with this further information?

Offline RyanAndrewKinder

• View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: January 14, 2019, 07:07:13 pm »
    Not a peep. Sales are back to zero for the past three days.

Offline PublisherP

• View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: January 22, 2019, 07:22:00 am »
    Not a peep. Sales are back to zero for the past three days.

Hello Ryan,

I just wanted to know if you have had any more emails from Amazon about the missing royalty issue?

Offline CassieL

• View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: January 22, 2019, 07:33:45 am »
    I emailed Amazon about another issue I'd been seeing which was that since transitioning my books in August all of my EUR sales have basically dried up even though I had a pretty steady sales amount prior to the transition. Their response indicated that they're doing something about transitioning CS data to KDP and that it should be done by the end of the month. I honestly don't think they grasped what I was saying, but just mentioning it here because there may be changes re: print reporting on people's dashboards by January 31st and, unlikely but you never know, that may also come with some sort of email communication.

8 Pen Names. Genres: Non-fiction, Speculative Fiction, Romance.

Offline sharjo

• View Profile
      • Bears & Balls: The Colbert Report A-Z
    « Reply #12 on: January 22, 2019, 08:39:05 am »
    I honestly don't think they grasped what I was saying,

Yup, that's my take on all this too.

For the record, still waiting for my Dec. sales to show up. SMH.

Bears & Balls: The Colbert Report A-Z. The essential fan guide for the Colbert Nation!
    Sharilyn Johnson | Twitter | Website

Offline RyanAndrewKinder

• View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: January 22, 2019, 09:33:44 am »
    I emailed Amazon about another issue I'd been seeing which was that since transitioning my books in August all of my EUR sales have basically dried up even though I had a pretty steady sales amount prior to the transition. Their response indicated that they're doing something about transitioning CS data to KDP and that it should be done by the end of the month. I honestly don't think they grasped what I was saying, but just mentioning it here because there may be changes re: print reporting on people's dashboards by January 31st and, unlikely but you never know, that may also come with some sort of email communication.

When I do contact them they seem to want to understand what my issue is but they never quite understand. That said - if you have a friend where EUR is concerned and you had steady sales there, I would ask them to order a copy and you reimburse them. Track to see if there is still an issue with it registering as a sale. No sale registered? Ask the person for the order number after they receive the book. I was a step away from doing this because they suggested it but thankfully sales are registering now at an expected pace.

Offline CassieL

• View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: January 22, 2019, 11:13:23 am »
    When I do contact them they seem to want to understand what my issue is but they never quite understand. That said - if you have a friend where EUR is concerned and you had steady sales there, I would ask them to order a copy and you reimburse them. Track to see if there is still an issue with it registering as a sale. No sale registered? Ask the person for the order number after they receive the book. I was a step away from doing this because they suggested it but thankfully sales are registering now at an expected pace.

Good idea. (It's also possible something else shifted around that time like them changing who can access what store and that led to the drop in those sales, too, since I was likely getting them due to AMS UK ads.)

8 Pen Names. Genres: Non-fiction, Speculative Fiction, Romance.

Offline RyanAndrewKinder

• View Profile
    Re: KDP sent me this message about print royalties... 1/26 - update
    « Reply #15 on: January 26, 2019, 07:39:01 am »
    Just got this update email:

Hello,

We've corrected an issue that caused a delay in reporting some of your royalties for paperback books sold in November and December of 2018. These sales have been added to your January reports in your KDP account.

While these royalties reported in January, you'll receive payment for these 2018 royalties at the end of January. Once processed, this payment will appear in your Payments report as an "Adjustment." You will also see the same amount appear as a negative "Adjustment" in your March payment report. For your records, below is a breakdown by ASIN and quantity sold.

150091066X  (256)

We apologize for the inconvenience this caused. Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Best Regards,

-------

This was a good response in my mind. I thought they were going to make people wait for when the January royalties get dispersed at the end of February. Pleasantly surprised.
    « Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 07:41:27 am by RyanAndrewKinder »

Offline celadon

• Dogpatch
      • View Profile
    « Reply #16 on: January 26, 2019, 09:25:31 pm »
    Just got this update email:

Hello,

We've corrected an issue that caused a delay in reporting some of your royalties for paperback books sold in November and December of 2018. These sales have been added to your January reports in your KDP account.

While these royalties reported in January, you'll receive payment for these 2018 royalties at the end of January. Once processed, this payment will appear in your Payments report as an "Adjustment." You will also see the same amount appear as a negative "Adjustment" in your March payment report. For your records, below is a breakdown by ASIN and quantity sold.

150091066X  (256)

We apologize for the inconvenience this caused. Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Best Regards,

-------

This was a good response in my mind. I thought they were going to make people wait for when the January royalties get dispersed at the end of February. Pleasantly surprised.

I got one just like this! LOL! I am surprised; I was preparing for these royalties to be paid much later.

Online AmesburyArcher

• U.K.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #17 on: January 27, 2019, 03:35:45 am »
    Embarrassed! I didn't even notice my paperback sales were missing till today when I saw extra payments had arrived!
    « Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 03:37:31 am by AmesburyArcher »
    Author of books both historical and fantastical-Stonehenge, Arthurian, Richard III, English queens & mistresses, Robin Hood, dystopian Canada (!) and more...
    Author of historical fiction & historical fantasy
    J.P. Reedman | fb | fb | fb | fb

Offline celadon

• Dogpatch
      • View Profile
    « Reply #18 on: January 30, 2019, 01:00:34 pm »
    The email I got from Kindle a few days ago said that I would be getting my "extra" payment (which was on 260-something books that were not recorded properly in Nov-Dec) at the end of January. I haven't seen the payment yet. Have the rest of you received your payments? My bank can be sometimes glacially slow at posting payments, but my regular Amazon payment came in yesterday.

Offline erikhanberg

• Tacoma, WA
    • Author, Parks Commissioner
      • View Profile
    « Reply #19 on: January 31, 2019, 09:29:23 pm »
    I haven't seen the "extra" payment either.

Offline RyanAndrewKinder

• View Profile
    « Reply #20 on: January 31, 2019, 09:51:15 pm »
    The email I got from Kindle a few days ago said that I would be getting my "extra" payment (which was on 260-something books that were not recorded properly in Nov-Dec) at the end of January. I haven't seen the payment yet. Have the rest of you received your payments? My bank can be sometimes glacially slow at posting payments, but my regular Amazon payment came in yesterday.

I as well have not received the "adjustment" payment. I have yet to receive an email saying that a payment will go out with any number attached like we get for normal payments. So I'm not going to hold my breath on a payment this week. In fact I wouldn't expect a payment unless and until a payment notification drops in the inbox.

Offline erikhanberg

• Tacoma, WA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #21 on: January 31, 2019, 10:46:47 pm »
    I as well have not received the "adjustment" payment. I have yet to receive an email saying that a payment will go out with any number attached like we get for normal payments. So I'm not going to hold my breath on a payment this week. In fact I wouldn't expect a payment unless and until a payment notification drops in the inbox.

That's an interesting point. I did actually get a KDP email much later than usual. A bunch came on the 21st for the different marketplaces but then one came on the 28th. It was for the US store, which I'd already received an email for. It said for the 29th, so I'm guessing it's pending.

Offline RyanAndrewKinder

• View Profile
    « Reply #22 on: February 01, 2019, 05:27:07 am »
    That's an interesting point. I did actually get a KDP email much later than usual. A bunch came on the 21st for the different marketplaces but then one came on the 28th. It was for the US store, which I'd already received an email for. It said for the 29th, so I'm guessing it's pending.

I got one much later than usual as well. But if you look at the topic of the email you will see a number. These numbers tend to correspond with your reports page about your payouts. I bet if you check the number in that email topic header you will see it listed in your payouts in your reports dashboard.

Offline erikhanberg

• Tacoma, WA
      • View Profile
    « Reply #23 on: February 01, 2019, 07:19:57 am »
    I got one much later than usual as well. But if you look at the topic of the email you will see a number. These numbers tend to correspond with your reports page about your payouts. I bet if you check the number in that email topic header you will see it listed in your payouts in your reports dashboard.

You're right. I found it. It corresponds to a whopping $0.32 payment. And still no big payment for the adjustment, even though the email said the end of January! Frustrating.

Offline celadon

• Dogpatch
      • View Profile
    « Reply #24 on: February 01, 2019, 12:43:09 pm »
    *Whew* I'm glad I'm not the only one who is waiting. I know it's nothing to do with my checking account(s); I switched my Amazon payments to a new checking account (but the old one is still open) and I received other Kindle/Amazon payments to the "new" account, so it's not that. It just hasn't shown up. But I am confident it will! They aren't going to try to stiff us all!  ;)

KBoards.com

• Advertisement